Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South (24746 Views)

FG Gives Condition To Lift Ban On Twitter / Femi Fani Kayode (FFK), Yahaya Bello Meet As Food Dealers Agree To End Strike / Documents Vindicate Akpabio on Supply of Dialysis Machine to Akwa Ibom Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Maski87: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
As the food don begin spoil for them hand nah
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Gracefulness: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Anigreat:

shocked

Continue being deluded

do you know each geographical area depend on each other ?
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by hotseat: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
I believe a lesson or two must have been learnt from this ugly scenario.

No man is an island unto himself.

We all need each other to survive.

Both the food producers and consumers are in a symbiotic relationship.

Why produce if there are few or no markets?

This food blockade amounted to shooting the producers foot.

It was certainly an ill wind that blew no good.

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by omoluka: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
boycott beef 03/05

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by oloshun(m): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

One nigaria my son "Ola" Tell your brothers to be good boys and never bite the hand that feed and rule them.

Next time we are going to starve you people to your bones. I hope I made sense.

You don't need to ask yourself if you made sense. You should know! Now the question is, did you make sense with you comment and calling someone your son who you barely know? Is that supposed to be a ego problem?

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by baralatie(m): 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:

Answer if it's illegal to troll. Then cite the law for me.
when youths were been hustled into cells for making comments against govt.you ask for constitution?

simple inciting chaos ,disturbing the peace ,false.impersonation,engaging in acts of sabotage all are not in your constitution
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Odobaone: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

One nigaria my son "Ola" Tell your brothers to be good boys and never bite the hand that feed and rule them.

You forget that Mai Suya and Mai Shayi are all Hausawas ko?

We in the south west, south east and south south can jointly take care of our Regions.

Herdsmen attack reduced seriously since your so called Ban. I wish it continues cos we in other regions are better together

2 Likes

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by obama30: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-food-dealers-agree-to-lift-ban-on-supply-to-south

Time for entire South to boycott buying foods items imported from North, because it can be poisonous, if they fail to starve you, they can poison the food to kill you.

As for the northerner acting as chairman of organization in Lagos or anywhere at South is something I don't understand.

Stop enriched the north, buy from your fellow southern farmers

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by simplesearch: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
quinox947:
The largest market of produce from the north is the south. Their action has caused them great losses in the past one week. Many of the traders had threatened to pull out for fear that their stock will get spoilt. The tomatoes, onion and other food items. The market in Niger, Chad and Cameroun they had previously counted on cannot empty a quarter of their stock. The traders' union are only seeking an avenue to resume supplies after making it look as if they were "begged" to come back.
As at this morning, a bag of onion that used to cost #75,000 is now #30,000 in Kano.

Really? And one was posting the pic of suya as if it's an eternal enjoyment eating beef.

2 Likes

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by SeyiAyorinde(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
It won't be well for those governors that appealed to them.

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

Eiyaaaaa! rotten tomatos wan smell una to death. Pua!

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by baralatie(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Odobaone:

You forget that [b] Mai Suya and Mai Shayi [/b]are all Hausawas ko?

We in the south west, south east and south south can jointly take care of our Regions.

Herdsmen attack reduced seriously since your so called Ban. I wish it continues cos we in other regions are better together
down to tomatoes,yams, etc
that did not factor it o!
as in

hundreds of lives!!
shocked
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by streetsoldier1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol. No need to even answer you .World bank has done that already. I need to know where, in the world, are wretchedly poor and illiterate folks masters of other who are socio-economically far better off than them.

It is the stupid preference for callousness against their own and empty chest beating against others from Northern leaders and educated elite , like you, that has gotten your people to the level revealed below.

Go and busy yourself changing the pathetic reality revealed below instead of coming here to make empty noise.

https://www.thecable.ng/world-bank-north-accounts-87-poor-people-nigeria/amp

The remaining 13% are Hausa/Fulani roaming about the street of Lagos and Ogun
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
SeyiAyorinde:
It won't be well for those governors that appealed to them.

Bro forget the mago mago, nobody appealed to them

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Theman13: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
.......as if the trucks return to their North empty after offloading in the South. What of the truckloads of PALM OIL, VARIOUS FRUITS, PLANKS etc they take back on every trip........ awọn eleriibu gbogbo

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by gees101(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
una tomatoes Don dey rotten Abi

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
Incognito403:

Please leave those naive teenagers to continue ranting.

Real bread winners know the impact of such boycott.

It's plain ignorance to say southern Nigeria can feed itself. How?

We have a forest vegetation, there's a limit to how much of our land can be used for farming.

Most of us are into white collar jobs, only very few are into agriculture.

And most importantly, majority of our agriculture is cash crop; cocoa, kolanut, cashew etc not whole food.

As for meat. We all know that chicken and fish are only for supporting beef at home and in occasions.

Without beef, all the chicken in SW can't feed Lagos alone. Do you not see that we even import frozen foods to supplement the supply of chicken ? That's even when beef was present. I swear, if this boycott continues for just two weeks, some people will start eating lizards.

Our diversity should push us to compliment one another. But no, greed and foolishness is pushing people to a foolish supremacy battle that characterizes the animal kingdom.

Typical NIG.GER attitude.

Read about "bigger moments" on google, you'll see just how foolish you've been for supporting this rubbish.

You are an idiot. It shall not be well with you if you lift the ban on food movement down south.

2 Likes

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Blue3k(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
baralatie:

when youths were been hustled into cells for making comments against govt.you ask for constitution?

simple inciting chaos ,disturbing the peace ,false.impersonation,engaging in acts of sabotage all are not in your constitution

You wouldn't win a case on any of this charges. Lets start will false impersonation because that's pretty dumb. Usernames arent legal identifiers is your real name baralatie? Inciting chaos is having a dumb opinion you dont agree with? What did he sabotage exactly. How was the peace disturbed when you could just scroll past an ignore it. If you really feel all this was illegal why havent you ran to the police?
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Daddysidhan: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oloriburuku terrorist northern dunderheads, why lift the ban? Hunger for finish Una papa.
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Karleb(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
We don't want.

Let them keep their food especially the Cattles.

WE DO NOT WANT!
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Belmot(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol. No need to even answer you .World bank has done that already. I need to know where, in the world, are wretchedly poor and illiterate folks masters of other who are socio-economically far better off than them.

It is the stupid preference for callousness against their own and empty chest beating against others from Northern leaders and educated elite , like you, that has gotten your people to the level revealed below.

Go and busy yourself changing the pathetic reality revealed below instead of coming here to make empty noise.

https://www.thecable.ng/world-bank-north-accounts-87-poor-people-nigeria/amp

That Moniker is operated by an Igbo guy. Just ignore him.
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Pacesetter123(m): 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
I don't know why this piece of trash is news worthy.As a Calabar man,they quantum of food stuff produced in our state is enough to feed all the southern states.So we are not even aware weda dere is any nonsense blockade or not.
Last last,nah hungry go kill those northern farmers cos money no dey dia region to buy a cup of beans from themselves.
Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Tulsaguy: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
Una de mad. Keep the food. we die here.

Aboki de Lagos too.
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by MisterMan123456: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
If the buyers offer low prices, they will be forced to sell
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by focus7: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
It will be in record that the south never beg the northern traders to lift the ban. As a matter of fact a rally to ban the consumption of beef is being organized in the south west and they are involving the south east, south south and the middle belt.

The south will survive without the food supply from the north, can the north traders survive without the south
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Ikpongiton: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ayomi90:

Believe what u want to believe. But we ar not buying Fulani cows again.
please show mercy once again, less, they die of hunger. I have live in Kano,i have seen how they are suffering and dying of hunger.
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by baralatie(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:

You wouldn't win a case on any of this charges. Lets start will false impersonation because that's pretty dumb. Usernames arent legal identifiers is your real name baralatie? Inciting chaos is having a dumb opinion you dont agree with? What did he sabotage exactly. How was the peace disturbed when you could just scroll past an ignore it. If you really feel all this was illegal why havent you ran to the police?
I am not dss nau?
let me go and find the professionals who are good at doing this type of work.
they are the Nigerian police
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Blue3k(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
baralatie:

I am not dss nau?
let me go and find the professionals who are good at doing this type of work.
they are the Nigerian police

I didn't claim you were DSS. I asked why dont you call the police if you really feel he's breaking the law. Professionals wont waste time on such a pointless endeavor but go ahead.
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by codemaniacs: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Incognito403:

We have a forest vegetation, there's a limit to how much of our land can be used for farming.

And most importantly, majority of our agriculture is cash crop; cocoa, kolanut, cashew etc not whole food.

As for meat. We all know that chicken and fish are only for supporting beef at home and in occasions.

Without beef, all the chicken in SW can't feed Lagos alone. Do you not see that we even import frozen foods to supplement the supply of chicken ? That's even when beef was present. I swear, if this boycott continues for just two weeks, some people will start eating lizards.

Our diversity should push us to compliment one another. But no, greed and foolishness is pushing people to a foolish supremacy battle that characterizes the animal kingdom.

Read about "bigger moments" on google, you'll see just how foolish you've been for supporting this rubbish.

stop saying rubbish.

every region in Nigeria has its traditional foods and these foods are not grown by northerners... so how can they stop the entire southern Nigeria from eating their indigenous traditional foods..

in summary, there are foods the SW grows and eats that the SE and north does not eat and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by doxijaw: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
Incognito403:

Genius!
Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by fortune1968: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Rugaria:
Whether they agree or do not agree, it's about time southern states push for open borders on food importation! We can no more depend on these wild people for our meat! It's dangerous and has turned into a vulnerable situation that is being manipulated even by terrorists! States should now be allowed to import food from any part of the world to augment whatever that's produced locally! As long as fulani custom officers are monitoring borders in the south while keeping northern borders open, the lopsided gains that the northerners get from the system will continue to motivate them into behaving in this delinquent way..
I was amazed when I recently learnt that they are yet to open Idiroko border , Ogun state border with Benin republic .

1 Like

Re: Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South by Ikpongiton: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
northerners and their ways eeh.always doing things upside down, cutting the nose to spite the face.they are paying dearly this time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Keyamo To Oshiomhole: I'm Not Responsible For Your Political Misfortune / Soludo Joins Makinde To Flag Off 32.2km Circular Road Infrastructure In Ibadan / Who Is The Presidency? –Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.