Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South (887 Views)

Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / 40 Children: When It Rains Africans Think Of Women Instead Of Agric- Reno Omokri / FG To Tax Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by EzeNri(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Apart from the Mallam close to our Estate gate they rendered jobless I didn't feel the impact of the strike.

I don't eat beef, I eat fish.

I can't remember the last time I eat Northern bean. We eat Yoruba (brown) beans. It is more nutritious and delicious than the white beans and it doesn't purge.

The rice we eat here are farmed in the South. It's of superior quality to the stone-filled Northern rice.

The only thing we missed are the Onions and its not a deal-breaker.

The oil we use in the South comes from Southern oil.

We plant our Egusi, vegetables and maize.

The North don't plant yam. Taraba, Benue, East and SW are heavy yam growers.

Taraba has said it over and over again that they are not Northerners; including Danjuma.

NW claim they feed the whole nation, but data from World Bank shows that 87 percent of the poor in Nigeria reside in the North.

You can't be feeding the Nation and can't feed yourself. It defies logic.

We don't need any food from NW.

I think the South West should create a supply route from the North East and cut off supplies from the NW.

It's cheaper and nearer to the South.

Even in warfare, blockade to food sources is considered a war crime; people who weaponized food supply, can do anything.

I think the Southern governors should start taxing NW food trailers bound to the South.

Create a produce check points at all entrances to the South and clear only trailers that paid the tax.

Use the money to develop the South.

Grant waiver to only trailer from friendly states like Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa and Benue.

Finally, the South should never allow power to return to the North.

4 Likes

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by ggood: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Who told you Nasarawa is southern friendly State.

They hate Southerners like tomorrow no dey
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Africonji: 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Nwokem, your head dey there. All the agboros in the south should focus more on taxing those Northern Almajiri trailers entering the south with cows and tomatoes. We need to start teaching them sense. Just like you, I don't eat beef. I prefer chicken, goat meat, and fish. No amount of beef blackmail can move me because I am not one of their customers. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by ahiboilandgas: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
EzeNri:
Apart from the Mallam close to our Estate gate they rendered jobless I didn't feel the impact of the strike.

I can't remember the last time I eat Northern bean. We eat Yoruba (brown) beans. It is more nutritious and delicious than the white beans and it doesn't purge.

The rice we eat here are farmed in the South. It's of superior quality to the stone-filled Northern rice.

Taraba has said it over and over again that they are not Northerners; including Danjuma.

NW claim they feed the whole nation, but data from World Bank shows that 87 percent of the poor in Nigeria reside in the North.

I think the South West should create a supply route from the North East and cut off supplies from the NW.

Even in warfare, blockade to food sources is considered a war crime; people who weaponized food supply, can do anything.

I think the Southern governors should start taxing NW food trailers bound to the South.

Create a produce check points at all entrances to the South and clear only trailers that paid the tax.

Grant waiver to only trailer from friendly states like Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa and Benue.

mumu if u tax the trailers the trader will transfer cost to u the southern consumer........

2 Likes

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
mumu if u tax the trailers they trader will transfer cost u the southern consumer........

No mind the ipob mumu

2 Likes

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Monogamy: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
That's unnecessary..

Why not boycott their food items.. Sebi northerners believe they can starve Southerners, let's see who will laugh last in this situation
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Jamesbally: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
EzeNri:

This thing pain Una well well. All the Red Beans and Rice you see in the West was brought in from the North. The only thing the West produce is Colanuts. This means, Una go chop Colanuts tire. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Christistruth00: 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
Jamesbally:

This thing pain Una well well. All the Red Beans and Rice you see in the West was brought in from the North. The only thing the West produce is Colanuts. This means, Una go chop Colanuts tire. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fish,Seafood, Cassava, Garri , Coco Yam,Medicine and Bread flour comes from the South to North

1 Like

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by tit(f): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2021
Yes.
Tax it 10 billion naira per trailer
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Danzakidakura(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
ggood:
Who told you Nasarawa is southern friendly State.

They hate Southerners like tomorrow no dey
liar Mohammed. Nasarawa,southern kaduna, Niger, Benue , Taraba,kogi, southern Gombe,southern Bauchi are all southern Nigeria friendly and they are the main food basket of the north.
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Danzakidakura(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

No mind the ipob mumu
the problems of southern Nigeria are Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Optional09: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2021
if you tax it na we go still pay the differences the only way we can crash the price of their supply is to go back to our own farms and produce in commercial quantities. The northern products we purchased are too expensive already because of logistics.

We pay all the logistics differences on their supplies. but meanwhile, if they were planted locally it will be cheaper than the products coming from far North.

The only solution is to start commercial style farming to discourage perishable products coming from the North.

We can do it, if we don’t do it now we’ll have ourselves to blame in the future
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Danzakidakura(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
mumu if u tax the trailers the trader will transfer cost to u the southern consumer........
why calling him mumu, when he is more reasonable than your father and mother put together. Yoruba Muslims self.
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by ggood: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Danzakidakura:
liar Mohammed. Nasarawa,southern kaduna, Niger, Benue , Taraba,kogi, southern Gombe,southern Bauchi are all southern Nigeria friendly and they are the main food basket of the north.
I was in Nasarawa for two years, they hate us Southerners Especially those fanatic, they always prefer core north. am talking of only Nasarawa
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
EzeNri:

You people are completely out of point. This strike is a warning against persistent looting and burning of Northern traders in the south since during Endsars protest last year and unfortunately the activists, govt, traditional rulers and all southern parrots kept mute about it. A trailer is taxed and extorted not less than N100k in a single trip to southern Nigeria then which tax are u advocating again?
You people like mentioning middlebelt in your statements not knowing that in the current structure of Nigeria with 6 geopolitical zones middlebelt is no longer in existence except in the mouth of some bigots North-Central Christian Association. North is North in reality the except in the eyes and imaginary vsion of Nairaland bigots irrespective of our ethno-religious differences. When u mention states like Taraba, Plateau, Benue u automatically turn the issue to religious ground.
You don't even know where Taraba is that is why you're trying to show your parasitic identity. TY Danjuma is a bona fide Northern Oligarchz he can fight to the death for North; if u see Danjuma barking like dog then he lose the meat he's expecting to get or there is issue of ethnic conflict around his backyard.
Concerning returning power to the North, North is so politically sagacious, intelligent and the best in the art of playing politics. Will it be good to your ears to know that come 2023 we plan to see Tambuwal/Atiku contesting under PDP and Asiwaju Bila Ahmd Tinubu under APC. The match die sweet to counter ur bigotry and leave u thinking of hugging one of Kainji Transformers.
You're on social media making noise while others are there working to actualize & maintain what they're good in!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by EzeNri(m): 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2021
Coronabirus:

You people are completely out of point. This strike is a warning against persistent looting and burning of Northern traders in the south since during Endsars protest last year and unfortunately the activists, govt, traditional rulers and all southern parrots kept mute about it. A trailer is taxed and extorted not less than N100k in a single trip to southern Nigeria then which tax are u advocating again?
You people like mentioning middlebelt in your statements not knowing that in the current structure of Nigeria with 6 geopolitical zones middlebelt is no longer in existence except in the mouth of some bigots North-Central Christian Association. North is North in reality the except in the eyes and imaginary vsion of Nairaland bigots irrespective of our ethno-religious differences. When u mention states like Taraba, Plateau, Benue u automatically turn the issue to religious ground.
You don't even know where Taraba is that is why you're trying to show your parasitic identity. TY Danjuma is a bona fide Northern Oligarchz he can fight to the death for North; if u see Danjuma barking like dog then he lose the meat he's expecting to get or there is issue of ethnic conflict around his backyard.
Concerning returning power to the North, North is so politically sagacious, intelligent and the best in the art of playing politics. Will it be good to your ears to know that come 2023 we plan to see Tambuwal/Atiku contesting under PDP and Asiwaju Bila Ahmd Tinubu under APC. The match die sweet to counter ur bigotry and leave u thinking of hugging one of Kainji Transformers.
You're on social media making noise while others are there working to actualize & maintain what they're good in!
North is North exists only in the imagination of northern Moslems. Most indigenous NW Christians don't even consider you people as brothers and you are here deceiving yourself about MB.

1 Like

Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by ivolt: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2021
Another one who missed basic economics classes. Taxing them will be like shooting yourself in the foot because there is no alternative.
Re: Time To Tax Trailer Loads Of Agric Produce Coming To The South by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
EzeNri:

North is North exists only in the imagination of northern Moslems. Most indigenous NW Christians don't even consider you people as brothers and you are here deceiving yourself about MB.
Geopolitical zones of Nigeria are not divided along ethnic or religious line. they're boundaries created for political & economic distribution of states. That's why u're losing your relevance in Nigerian political atmosphere; you're too emotional, impatient and tactless unlike us. If u want succeed in Nigeria political terrain don't hate others because of their ethno-religious backgrounds, learn to live with them.
We studied u people very well & we can henceforth live with ur hatred!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Bold Igbo Man Who Want To Govern Lagos / Achebe’s I Before Others Fairy Tales By S. Kadiri / Secession: Yoruba Group Seeks DSS, Police’s Clampdown On Igboho, Other Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.