Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Please I Need Opinion On This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Opinion On This (573 Views)

What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple / Men, I Need Your Opinion On This. / Lady Shares Opinion On Women Not Having Children Against Husband's Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
I have a niece( whose both parent are dead) staying with me since October, 2020. But when I lost my job in December 2020, I asked her to go stay with my cousin brother pending when I have money or job. She went but my wife kept on disturbing me to bring her back, she disturbed me to the extend that it became a serious issue for us. I told her to consider our present condition, Sometimes feeding is even a problem. I told her I can't because i don't have the means. It became an issue. So i finally agreed to bring her back since January 25th 2021 till date. But since she came sometimes we beg one friend or the other just to feed, I've even begged those that I'm never ever suppose to beg from. Today i decided that she goes to stay with my brother again for some time but my wife has started another issue because of that. I want you guys to take note of the following.

1. I'm the last born of the family, I have almost eight elder siblings whom are just not ready to take her reason because she has stayed with some of them and she doesn't want discipline or correction. Else she will just run and leave the house.

2. She lies a lot, steals, every stubborn, gossip a lot just to make two siblings fight. etc, I thought they were lying about her when I heard of all these but I confirmed it every since she starter staying with me.

3. The money that my son was suppose to have started school with is what I used for us to be feeding till it got exhausted.

4. My other siblings and cousins have no responsiblilty like me and have jobs.

Pls guys what should I do?
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by thorpido(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
You honestly cannot keep her with you in your present financial state.If there is someone who can take her in,then the reasonable thing is that she goes there.

Your wife can keep disturbing you but you have to be practical.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by donbachi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ur wife wanted her back,so she can help her do house chores..no other reason.my question for u,is;if she is to be ur daughter,will u chase her away?try and see how u can help her become a more better person in future.nobody knows 2moro.i wish u GODspeed and for lines to fall for u in pleasant places.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
donbachi:
Ur wife wanted her back,so she can help her do house chores..no other reason.my question for u,is;if she is to be ur daughter,will u chase her away?try and see how u can help her become a more better person in future.nobody knows 2moro.i wish u GODspeed and for lines to fall for u in pleasant places.
I swear sometimes I starve just for them to eat and be satisfied. Right now house rent is at the corner, I don't know what to do. I have more than five major responsibilitiee waiting for me right now. Sincerely I've tried so much and sacrificed a lot. but I right now I can't anymore.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by mutter(f): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
Why don't you ask your siblings for financial help.
That would relieve you and she can stay with you.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Annwrites: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
Since your wife wants her around so badly, she should be in charge of your niece's feeding.

If she cannot feed her, then it's your way.

Meanwhile, learn how to put your feet down. Being a man doesn't mean that you take the brunt of other people's decisions. They make it, they deal with the consequences too.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Austine567(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
how old is she? am looking for a personal assistant.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
mutter:
Why don't you ask your siblings for financial help.
That would relieve you and she can stay with you.
The won't just help at all... they always have same complain "no money"
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2021
Annwrites:
Since your wife wants her around so badly, she should be in charge of your niece's feeding.

If she cannot feed her, then it's your way.

Meanwhile, learn how to put your feet down. Being a man doesn't that you take the brunt of other people's decisions. They make it, they deal with the consequences too.
You're so right. Do you know that there was a times we had issues with my wife and she would tell me that she is going back to her mother's place but she isn't going with my niece. she told me that like twice.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
Austine567:
how old is she? am looking for a personal assistant.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by pozehnani(f): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
Does your wife work?
Does she contribute financially at home?
If not, then she has no right forcing responsibilities on you just because of her laziness in doing her house chores.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
pozehnani:
Does your wife work?
Does she contribute financially at home?
If not, then she has no right forcing responsibilities on you just because of her laziness in doing her house chores.

You've hit the nail on the head... you've said it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Teleprompter(f): 1:41am On Mar 04, 2021
You did not tell us the reason that your wife insisted that you brought her back

Why do you say that your sibling don't have responsibility like you do? Do you have too many children?

You must be able to justify bringing the girl into your care. She may have all those bad qualities because of her unsteady upbringing.

This matter is so simple. If your wife insists that the girl comes back then she should be responsible for her feeding. Is it not that simple?

In fact, that is the one reason that your wife should entice you with.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by TheCongo2: 3:12am On Mar 04, 2021
Teleprompter:
You did not tell us the reason that your wife insisted that you brought her back

Thank you very much
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 04, 2021
Besides daily, basic necessities like food, the girl needs proper guidance in order to stop those bad habits. If your wife insists she stays, then she needs to contribute financially to her care and to her emotional upbringing, else she should stay with one of your siblings who can do right by her.
Re: Please I Need Opinion On This by Rtk5: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2021
The worst is that I stay in a single room self contain. imagine how it is like.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Never See Good In Others? / w / Is My Phone Spying On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.