Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help (35836 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks 3 PDP NASS members, affirms Lalong, Bulus (APC), Fom (LP) / Kidnapped Pastor Polycarp Zongo Released By Boko Haram / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
A PREMIUM TIMES reporter saw Mr Yikura on the outskirts of Maiduguri as he was being conveyed to the office of the State Security Service in Borno, at about 6:15 p.m.

A Christian cleric, Bulus Yikura, who was kidnapped by Boko Haram, has been freed.

Mr Yikura was freed Wednesday evening by the terror group, security sources told PREMIUM TIMES.

Our reporter saw Mr Yikura on the outskirts of Maiduguri as he was being conveyed to the office of the State Security Service in Borno, at about 6:15 p.m.

Last week, Boko Haram circulated a video where Mr Yikura called on the government of Nigeria and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to save him. He said his abductors threatened to take his life at the end of the week.www.nairaland.com/attachments/13216617_link1f5173606_pnge43a53e535d8d42a904c6b25eff20a2d

Going by the seven days ultimatum, Mr Yikura, a pastor with EYN church, had until today to be freed or killed.

In the video, he was seen kneeling in front of a masked man who held a dagger. He said the countdown to his execution started on February 24 and ends on March 4.

“I have been given only seven days to appeal for assistance that will help me out of this torture.

“If truly you want to rescue me from this untold suffering and threat to life, then you have to act fast.

“I am also calling on the EYN president to help mobilise help that will rescue me, and also pray for me so that God will make things easy for me here,” he said in the video.

Rescued

PREMIUM TIMES gathered from security sources that family members and the EYN church had been negotiating the release of the abducted pastor since last week.

On Wednesday, when he was asked to speak about his freedom, Mr Yikura kept repeating, “I thank God, I thank God.”

Details later…

SOURCE: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/446647-breaking-boko-haram-frees-kidnapped-pastor-who-begged-fg-can-for-help.html

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Anigreat: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
shocked

Praise the Lord!

Thank God for his safe returned!

They will try but they won't succeed

No matter how hard the Islamic terrorist group tries to fight against the body Christ, they won't succeed. For he that's in us is greater than the one that's in the world, also, the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

181 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
Lalasticlala, good news!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by AishaYesufu: 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Gumi has received alert

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by jlinkd78(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
Great

1 Like

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by b3llo(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
Glory to God.
God is still in the business of rescuing his own people.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by DaddyRochie1642: 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
This is an "Inside Job"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by illicit(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wow

I am grateful for his life....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by uptimum123(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
With Buhari...Every life matters

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Karemarealty288(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
Northern Freedom fighters are becoming merciful...

11 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Lee84: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
I hail you most High. Thank you Jesus

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Goodypc: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wonderful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by RainOnMe: 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
Thank God.

This is getting too much in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by RoyalUc(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Thank God for your life, sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Nairalandwizerd(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
Better

6 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Maxymilliano(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wow, great news !

The agonizing moments he passed through in Boko haram's den is better imagined than experienced.

This is heartwarming

19 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Dailymice: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
sad
Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by ERockson: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Righteousness2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
Thank you JESUS!
I was So Eager to Hear this!
My Precious Daddy, I Thank you So much for answered Prayers and the Release of my Brother!
Thank you FATHER!
I am so Happy!

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by cassidy1996(m): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
something tells me that all these na arrangeee

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Ginikammere: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Maybe ranson was paid
Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by timagentms: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
Let somebody shout Hallelujah. What a good news to hear

7 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Famocious(m): 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
May God replenish the pockets where the paid ransom came out from.. Amen.

I am happy for his life and congratulate his immediate family members..

I can't imagine the psychological, emotional and physical trauma he must have passed through.. embarassed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by dynicks(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin
Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by visijo(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Nobody gossip like a couple that is in a serious relationship...

2 Likes

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Go home
Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by mrnairaland1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
To God be the glory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by NwaNimo1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulus Yikura: Boko Haram Frees Kidnapped Pastor Who Begged FG, CAN For Help by Gkay1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
ransom or no ransom, thank God for His mercy

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cabal Wants Osinbajo To Resign - Princess Hadiza Ibrahim / Cabal To Bring President Buhari Back To Nigeria On July 27th - Sahara Reporters / Fani-kayode Reacts To Father Mbaka's Attack On Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.