Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead (291 Views)

JUST IN Veteran Broadcaster & Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead! / Sadiq Daba: Veteran Broadcaster And Movie Star Is Dead / Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Back In Hospital, Now Bedridden | Www.e-nigeriang.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by bestofnollywood: 12:16am On Mar 04, 2021
Veteran Nollywood actor, Sadiq Daba, is dead. It was gathered that the actor died on Wednesday at about 8:30 pm. According to his close friend, Joe Odumakin, the actor had been ill for a while before his demise.

She said, “We have lost Sadiq. It is so painful because I spoke to him a few days ago when his wife became a permanent secretary. I called his number some hours ago but his son picked it. I told him to give the phone to his father but he told me that his father is gone. I had to ask; gone to where?

“His wife just called me now and we spoke. She said that she was at the morgue. I asked what happened and she told me that about a week ago, he had been ill but he had been home and that he went to the hospital late afternoon today.

“She explained that he had not been eating much and that as soon as they got to the hospital, they started conducting different tests on him including COVID-19. They put him on oxygen but he died around 8:30 pm.”

In 2017, Daba announced that he had been diagnosed with Leukemia and Prostate Cancer and was supported with fundraising by several Nigerians.

Before his death, Daba worked as a broadcaster for Nigerian Television Authority. His acting career came to prominence in the late 1970s, starring in Cockcrow at Dawn.

He was in blockbuster movies like Citation, October 1, among many others.

Credit:
https://applesbite.com/veteran-actor-sadiq-daba-is-dead/

Re: Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by meum: 12:21am On Mar 04, 2021
Rest on cry
Re: Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by Ever8090: 12:35am On Mar 04, 2021
Rip sir..
Re: Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by Emary(f): 12:45am On Mar 04, 2021
We've lost a true veteran of television in Nigeria, a consummate professional. Bitrus from Cock crow at Dawn and so many other dramas as well as our prolific newscaster. Rest in peace, Sir.
Re: Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by cardoso514: 2:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Rest on Sadik Daba
Re: Veteran Actor Sadiq Daba Is Dead by dogmart(m): 2:47am On Mar 04, 2021
May his soul rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

Ijiya Ile Aye [ibrhaim Chatta] – Latest Yoruba Movie Drama / Godzilla Vs Kong / This Animal Lives For Only 24 Hours/ Shortest Life Span Ever.. Shocking!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.