Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,188 members, 7,807,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

I Broke Up With Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Broke Up With Her (53069 Views)

Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks / I Broke Up With Her Because Of Bleaching / I Broke Up With My Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Broke Up With Her by eveninnewspaper: 8:54am On Mar 04, 2021
Looks like we have a rebuttal already. This gon' be interesting...

Ladies and gentlemen, shall we??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up With Her by tchidi066(f): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Okay, let me sit and read from both sides...this gonna be in interesting

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by LordKO(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
Having heard from both sides on here, I hereby say, woman, discard him with alacrity. Not only are you two not in sync, he, in particular, doesn't have an altruistic interest in you, which is a very bad omen and a prelude to the elusion of peace of mind in particular and happiness in general that awaits you in the union if formalized. Both of you aren't of the same ethical leanings.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Broke Up With Her by crackhaus: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2021
angelfallz:

The bolded,
i agree, that it is okay to improve on some behaviours. But, being irresponsible should set off alarm bells. When we talk of home training, being a responsible adult is a bare minimum. There are some behaviours that, i would not try to convert or teach anyone, because you were meant to imbibe such behaviours from home. Remember the woman in question is not a casual girlfriend, it is a woman that the OP wants to settle down with.
How can anyone expect me to start teaching a woman that i want to marry how to be responsible, God forbid! i won't do that. She would scatter my life for me.
IMO crackhaus when a woman is deficient in somethings, you should know immediately that she is not wife material. No time to waste, dump her.

I totally agree with this here, but I usually take a little time to try teaching and then observing if anything will change... All of which happens in the first 3–4 months.

7 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2021
Regex:
I did not realise this is a couples thread.

Who deh share chair here?

Looooool grin
It is my dear
Bring chair.
He can say it’s wrong to say my dear on foreign thread oo n say this was part of what is complaining of abeg that I use d word “friends” in general to people and I should be saying “my acquaintance” is doing ...... instead of using d word friend.

Stranger sir, sit

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up With Her by Southbeach: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2021
This is gonna be an interesting read.
Re: I Broke Up With Her by Regex: 9:20am On Mar 04, 2021
Iamafinegirl:

Looooool grin
It is my dear
Bring chair.
He can say it’s wrong to say my dear on foreign thread oo n say this was part of what is complaining of abeg that I use d word “friends” in general to people and I should be saying “my acquaintance” is doing ...... instead of using d word friend.

Stranger sir, sit

I am glad I am welcomed here. Time to read.
Re: I Broke Up With Her by IYANGBALI: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2021
You sure made the right decision

mummyfour come and see o
Re: I Broke Up With Her by Michelle55: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2021
Relationship and their wahala.. Let me sit this one out!

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by airminem(f): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2021
Very ugly relationship sad. Let's hear from her first before NLders make your life in-conclusive to bare

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by SouthSouth1914: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2021
The moment you start asking her for money, that’s your mistake! You should take everything that comes with it.

A lady is suppose to know when to render help to you, don’t ask. If she doesn’t suggest ways where you can minimize spending on frivolous stuffs, she isn’t the one for you. You were wrong to ask her for money, in this you let your guard down.

Since it is over, move on with your life and carry this experience as a shield in choosing your next girlfriend. Cheers and stay positive!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up With Her by happney65: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2021
Why would you be living together and at the same time you agree to no sex?Who does that?Person wey we no dey live together with sef we dey bang am back to back. O wrong naa..O wrong bajee.

Rubbish!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Broke Up With Her by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2021
Pastor encouraging cohabitation. Advising cohabitators and settling disputes between them. Everything is wrong here undecided

19 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by MrCover: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2021
Better for you
Re: I Broke Up With Her by mattfeuter(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2021
In other words, you’re doing all these for a pussayy you aren’t even fcukinn shocked shocked sad

12 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by SpicyMimi(f): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Women, why are some of you like this? How do you keep your money and watch your man suffer? How do you even bear it? Unless of course you are sure he is cheating on you, there is no reason to keep your money and spend his! What exactly do you want to do with your money? Buy worthless things to show off? You should have a joint money with your spouse if you both love each other, invest together, spend wisely together, do everything together or what is the essence of being ONE? This message goes out to wives especially! Stop being a liability, either you spend 50-50 or you have a joint account. Stop being SELFISH!!!!

By the way, only good, godly men deserves a wife that will hand over her salary to him, not some nasty men who don’t love, respect and stay faithful & loyal to their wives.

Modified: Make una no Dey shook mouth for matter wey no get second side of the story o!
Anyways, compatibility is important in a union and most importantly did any one of you prayed before agreeing to be together? Besides cohabitation is not supported by God in the first place, so how do you even involve God to bring peace and happiness in this home?

7 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2021
airminem:
Very ugly relationship sad. Let's hear from her first before NLders make your life in-conclusive to bare
This is the lady in question have commented already look through in the thread

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by wealthyhenry(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2021
You are asking us what to do meanwhile your topic says "Why you broke up with her".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up With Her by iceberylin(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2021
How can a girl you're not fucccking respect you?

20 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by udemzyudex(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2021
Are you for real?
Re: I Broke Up With Her by nedekid: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2021
Bros, what more do you need to know this lady is not a keeper?
Not contributing voluntarily shows she is not committed to the proposed union (you earn same salary). She will use you and walka, simple. It's just a matter of time.
On the lighter side, how do you date someone for 2 years and you aren't intimate? Forget whatever anyone tells you
she is getting it one way or the other.

MODIFIED FEW HOURS LATER AFTER READING HER RESPONSE.

How have you guys managed to stay for 2 years without killing yourselves baffles me. I think you guys have a toxic relationship and should not be together. You have not married and already needing counseling?
To date should not be a by force matter naa.

Meanwhile, where do you guys work sef, mobile, chevron? That company seems to pay you dummies well grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Broke Up With Her by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2021
OP is such a Simp!

After everything wey you don do for her, you still no fucck her.

I doubt if you don see her pant before. Meanwhile, she fit dey collect steady dick outside.

What a fuckin' Simp you are, OP!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up With Her by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:
I have a fiancée whom I started dating about two years ago. We work together and we are on the same level, and earn the same salary. Each time we hanged out to just have fun, if we got to a place where prices were too expensive, I would say to her but this things are much cheaper elsewhere.

For example, we went to a place though inside the same premises, one part of the lounge sells bottled water for 250 while the other one sells bottled water for 500, she then suggested that we go to the part where water was sold for 500. Note that it was in the same premises and there was absolutely no difference between the two, it's not like one was VIP area and the other was not. We ended up going to the 500 naira side. All that we ate which of course was double the price, I paid.

Each time we went to the mall, we buy things normally. But there's something about malls which some of you may have noticed, certain things such as pots, plastic rubbers, electronics, and so on are usually unreasonably exorbitant. So I said it would be better for us not to buy things that were too expensive that we could get outside for cheaper prices, but we could buy other things whose prices were reasonable. The next thing she started saying was that I don't have class, it's classy people that buy such things.

So one day we went to a pharmacy in that same mall, because she wanted to get some drugs, the price they called for her was about three times what it was outside, so she said it was better to go outside to buy it. So I just told her that since she has class she should buy it now, the next thing she started insulting me, she gave me the insult of my life. That wasn't the only scenario, there were many other cases like that.

She had started to stay with me after a while. Every thing in the house belongs to me, and I made sure everywhere was conducive for us. Air conditioners every and so on, good house, good compound, surveillance cameras and so on. Initially I was shouldering all responsibilities like food, the car washer who washes the both of our cars, the security man, fuel in the generator, NEPA light, repairs in the house and so on.

Please note that we work in the same place and earn same amount. Sometimes when I was short of cash, since I knew that her own money would still be there, I would borrow from her to buy food stuffs and other miscellaneous, and pay back by next salary.

She contributed just about 10% of expenditures in the house which was majorly just food stuffs. Note that I buy much more foodstuffs 5 times more than what she buys.

That was not just it, the relationship was usually filled with arguments, I can hardly have a conversation with her, she would begin to argue.

I want to ask few questions here:
(1)please is there anyone who doesn't know that Egusi causes pimples for those who are prone to having pimples?
(2) Is there any one who doesn't know that if something is very hot, it is not advisable to put in the fridge?
(3) here anyone who doesn't know that garlic is medicinal?
(4) Is there any one who does not know that it is not advisable to put on a generator when it has been drenched by rain?

But this girl will argue with me, insisting that I must put on the gen when rain has beaten it, because apparently, it is not her property. And the fridge is also not hers which is why she won't care if it gets spoilt. In short there's usually too much argument over what is clear for everyone to see, thereby it is always difficult to have a conversation with her.

I was later transferred out of the state we were, so I decided that because of her, I won't take anything away from the house, I would buy everything I need in the new place I had been posted to. So I bought a bigger TV for the house we both shared and took the smaller one to my new place of posting. I bought my mattress, kitchen utensils, got an apartment, and bought every thing I needed in the new place. So now, I have most things in two pairs, just so she would be comfortable.

Please note that we aren't yet married, and I agreed to not having sex with her because that was she wanted, I respected that. The only thing I know we do was romance.

So I started insisting that it was high time for her to be responsible, that we can't both be working and she won't be buying reasonable amount of food stuff because I noticed that sometimes, she would go out and buy 3 packs of spaghetti, which doesn't make sense to me. She said her dad is the one that buys food stuffs in her house and her mum contributes for petty projects. But I am not her Dad, I have my own mind. Also note that she didn't volunteer to bring any amount for my project oo, because I won't want a woman to contribute 1 naira to the houses I am building. All I said was that she should be contributing reasonable amounts for food stuffs in the house. We hardly stay two weeks without fights, she must look for one insult or the other.

We went for counselling and the pastors said she has to be contributing for expenditures in the house, we agreed on 60% to 40% sharing formula for all expenditures. So me as the man would contribute 60 while she will contribute 40. Please note that rent was not inclusive, as I volunteered to pay for the rent in the house we were and for my apartment in my new place of posting.
Later on, when she began to see the brunt of the responsibilities that I used to bear she started saying we (Me and the Pastors) are forcing her to contribute. But I didn't know these Pastors before, that was my first time of meeting them, she was the one who knew them before me. But simply because they told her the truth, she started saying we are forcing her.

Please I need your honest opinions on this issue.
Thank you.
If you are tired of her behavior,then you shouldn't stay with her.
Case Closed.

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by majormofor(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:
I have a fiancée whom I started dating about two years ago. We work together and we are on the same level, and earn the same salary. Each time we hanged out to just have fun, if we got to a place where prices were too expensive, I would say to her but this things are much cheaper elsewhere.

For example, we went to a place though inside the same premises, one part of the lounge sells bottled water for 250 while the other one sells bottled water for 500, she then suggested that we go to the part where water was sold for 500. Note that it was in the same premises and there was absolutely no difference between the two, it's not like one was VIP area and the other was not. We ended up going to the 500 naira side. All that we ate which of course was double the price, I paid.

Each time we went to the mall, we buy things normally. But there's something about malls which some of you may have noticed, certain things such as pots, plastic rubbers, electronics, and so on are usually unreasonably exorbitant. So I said it would be better for us not to buy things that were too expensive that we could get outside for cheaper prices, but we could buy other things whose prices were reasonable. The next thing she started saying was that I don't have class, it's classy people that buy such things.

So one day we went to a pharmacy in that same mall, because she wanted to get some drugs, the price they called for her was about three times what it was outside, so she said it was better to go outside to buy it. So I just told her that since she has class she should buy it now, the next thing she started insulting me, she gave me the insult of my life. That wasn't the only scenario, there were many other cases like that.

She had started to stay with me after a while. Every thing in the house belongs to me, and I made sure everywhere was conducive for us. Air conditioners every and so on, good house, good compound, surveillance cameras and so on. Initially I was shouldering all responsibilities like food, the car washer who washes the both of our cars, the security man, fuel in the generator, NEPA light, repairs in the house and so on.

Please note that we work in the same place and earn same amount. Sometimes when I was short of cash, since I knew that her own money would still be there, I would borrow from her to buy food stuffs and other miscellaneous, and pay back by next salary.

She contributed just about 10% of expenditures in the house which was majorly just food stuffs. Note that I buy much more foodstuffs 5 times more than what she buys.

That was not just it, the relationship was usually filled with arguments, I can hardly have a conversation with her, she would begin to argue.

(1)please is there anyone who doesn't know that Egusi causes pimples for those who are prone to having pimples?
(2) Is there any one who doesn't know that if something is very hot, it is not advisable to put in the fridge?
(4) Is there any one who does not know that it is not advisable to put on a generator when it has been drenched by rain?

But this girl will argue with me, insisting that I must put on the gen when rain has beaten it, because apparently, it is not her property. And the fridge is also not hers which is why she won't care if it gets spoilt. In short there's usually too much argument over what is clear for everyone to see, thereby it is always difficult to have a conversation with her.

I was later transferred out of the state we were, so I decided that because of her, I won't take anything away from the house, I would buy everything I need in the new place I had been posted to. So I bought a bigger TV for the house we both shared and took the smaller one to my new place of posting. I bought my mattress, kitchen utensils, got an apartment, and bought every thing I needed in the new place. So now, I have most things in two pairs, just so she would be comfortable.

Please note that we aren't yet married, and I agreed to not having sex with her because that was she wanted, I respected that. The only thing I know we do was romance.

So I started insisting that it was high time for her to be responsible, that we can't both be working and she won't be buying reasonable amount of food stuff because I noticed that sometimes, she would go out and buy 3 packs of spaghetti, which doesn't make sense to me. She said her dad is the one that buys food stuffs in her house and her mum contributes for petty projects. But I am not her Dad, I have my own mind. Also note that she didn't volunteer to bring any amount for my project oo, because I won't want a woman to contribute 1 naira to the houses I am building. All I said was that she should be contributing reasonable amounts for food stuffs in the house. We hardly stay two weeks without fights, she must look for one insult or the other.

We went for counselling and the pastors said she has to be contributing for expenditures in the house, we agreed on 60% to 40% sharing formula for all expenditures. So me as the man would contribute 60 while she will contribute 40. Please note that rent was not inclusive, as I volunteered to pay for the rent in the house we were and for my apartment in my new place of posting.
Later on, when she began to see the brunt of the responsibilities that I used to bear she started saying we (Me and the Pastors) are forcing her to contribute. But I didn't know these Pastors before, that was my first time of meeting them, she was the one who knew them before me. But simply because they told her the truth, she started saying we are forcing her.

Thank you.
the signs r already there.. will you be able to abandon ship.. I think she knows she's the only one in ur life

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up With Her by SweetCunt97(f): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:

Thank you.
Simply be with someone who will give you peace. So because of money you went to be with someone who will insult you over petty things? I personally can't even imagine insulting my bf let alone all this washing you mentioned. The respect is simply there.

5 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by airminem(f): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2021
Iamafinegirl:

This is the lady in question have commented already look through in the thread

Alright.... Reading thru
Re: I Broke Up With Her by Omoluabi16(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2021
Good you broke up. She is not wife material.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up With Her by franchasng: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:

Thank you.
hahahahaha

How can you be doing all these for a lady you are not yet married to And she fooled you with no sex till marriage while you are performing husband roles for her

Some of you guys deserve serious beating.

I am sure you contribute nothing meaningful towards your mom and sisters but here you are sponsoring and fending for a supposed fiancé seeing other guys codedly.

I just pray my son doesn't behave like some of you guys when he grows up because his father is a real man. I never bleeped up like this and God helping me my son(s) will never mess up like this.

Thank you star you broke up with her. She is a user. A deadly lady that deserve bad guys to make her come to her senses.

29 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by codedgalaxy: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2021
crackhaus:

Lol, trying to convert her is not really the main issue the way I see it. It's okay to want a partner to improve on some of her behaviours which we don't like.

It's the amount of time it took before he finally came back to his senses that I find interesting... I mean two whole years damnit...

With these kinds of women, one needs to start putting their foot down very early in the relationship... somewhere within the first three months of dating.

The problem however is that, it's usually hard for most guys because they're still caught up having those ecstatic feelings of just acquiring a new girlfriend whom they're so attracted to and want to impress at all cost... so they tend to let things slide, not knowing that women are experts at shit-testing their men just to see what they can do/say and get away with. cheesy

And that's what happened here with the OP.

Man was seriously failing his shit-tests from the start, so much so that she has become very comfortable telling him where and how to spend his money while keeping her own safely tucked beneath the zip line of her purse. It's just madness, hers of course...
common shit test he couldnt pass nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up With Her by tsmith(f): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:

Thank you.

She's obviously a liability. Pls advise her that in the new world a woman who wants respect must hold her own and hold it equally too. The 60:40 share sef is too fair. Something for you to be conscious about, Equal financial split works well when the house chores are equally split too. I'm hoping you're not leaving the cooking cleaning, washing etc to her, because then it'd be you eating your cake and still wanting to have it.

She's showing her true colours and so is marriage with her going to be. If it's not what you want, then borrow yourself brakes now.

Re: arguments, it's common especially when people start living together. Some people experience it especially after marriage if they didn't live together prior to. As you are currently living together differences will highlight, but how you go about resolving conflict is what's most important. In a loving, nurturing way, not combative and insult hurling. You guys need more relationship counselling.
Re: I Broke Up With Her by Splitmind: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2021
You did the right thing, she was an entitled parasite, I'm sure she is tweeting about how men are lazy scum right now.

Sadly many Nigerian girls have this attitude so you might encounter similar challenges until you finally settle down.
Re: I Broke Up With Her by coolangel54(f): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2021
bwambasolomon:
I have a fiancée whom I started dating about two years ago. We work together and we are on the same level, and earn the same salary. Each time we hanged out to just have fun, if we got to a place where prices were too expensive, I would say to her but this things are much cheaper

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why You Should CALL Your Parents Now. (A Touching Photo) / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.