Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler (1398 Views)

Mr Obiora, GM Ekene Dili Chukwu Motors Lies Against Gang-raped Teenagers / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / Female Corper Raped To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by jennex05(m): 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
he NYSC national headquarters in Abuja and the police are investigating a case of rape involving a traditional ruler in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State and a female youth corps member serving in his domain.

The 23-year-old corper  had petitioned the state NYSC secretariat alleging that the traditional ruler mischievously lured her into his residence on March 23 and raped her.
Narrating her ordeal in the petition, the corps member alleged that the traditional ruler, who had threatened to kill her for her refusal to succumb to his requests, stripped her naked, and soaked her dress in water.

The corper, who is currently carrying out her primary assignment at a community school in the town, deposed in her petition that before the incident, she was introduced to the traditional ruler by her ward coordinator during the INEC voter registration in the area.

The Corper states - “One day, on my way from the ward, the traditional ruler gave me a ride in his car, during which he requested me to be a computer facilitator for the schools in the community.
“That was after he got to know that I was computer literate, and we agreed on the format the assignment would take,” she added.

She claimed that on the day of the incident, she had just taken the benefiting students through a computer appreciation session, when the traditional ruler offered to give her a ride back home.
She alleged that rather than take her straight home, he pleaded with her to accompany him to Osogbo, “where he wanted to do a follow-up on the computer programme.”
“He said I should not worry that he would bring me back home, and we eventually arrived at his residence in Osogbo, where he entertained me.

“It was getting late and I wanted to go home, but he started behaving funny. I pleaded with him to allow me go home, but he turned down my pleas,” she said.
The corps member alleged that the traditional ruler stripped her naked and went outside to soak her clothes in water, but that before he returned to the room, she had locked the door against him.
She alleged that the threat by the traditional ruler to kill her made her to open the door for him, after which he overpowered and raped her.

The state NYSC Coordinator, Mr. Henry Enyenihi, told newsmen on Tuesday in Osogbo that the matter had been reported to the police and the NYSC National Secretariat.
He said the NYSC Director-General, Brig.-Gen. Maharazu Tsiga, had briefed a lawyer to pursue the matter to a logical conclusion.

Enyenihi noted with regret that a traditional ruler “who is expected to play the role of a parent to the young corps member, turned out to be the same man violating her.”
A senior police officer at the state police headquarters who spoke under anonymity, said the case was being investigated.
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by nanidee(f): 1:44am On Apr 12, 2011
The girl must be silly.
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by HighChief4(m): 2:25am On Apr 12, 2011
What is wrong with all these Obas, a very said story. I pray justice prevails
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by jennex05(m): 5:04am On Apr 12, 2011
what makes her silly?
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by eghost247(m): 5:39am On Apr 12, 2011
Corp member seems to be going through alot this days
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by chamber2(m): 5:50am On Apr 12, 2011
This is the highest level of madness.The Nysc needs to do something about this urgently
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by tunnytox(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2011
nanidee:

The girl must be silly.
How?
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by HighChief4(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
The last time it was one Oba going to beat up his wife. I wonder how they choose these radicals
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by nanidee(f): 12:08am On Apr 13, 2011
jennex05:

what makes her silly?
tunnytox:

How?

“One day, on my way from the ward, the traditional ruler[b] gave me a ride in his car[/b], during which he requested me to be a computer facilitator for the schools in the community.

when[b] the traditional ruler offered to give her a ride back home.[/b]
She alleged that[b] rather than take her straight home, he pleaded with her to accompany him to Osogbo[/b], “where he wanted to do a follow-up on the computer programme.”
“He said I should not worry that he would bring me back home, and we eventually arrived at his residence in Osogbo, where[b] he entertained me.[/b]

It was getting late and I wanted to go home, but he started behaving funny. I pleaded with him to allow me go home, but he turned down my pleas,” she said.
The corps member alleged that the traditional ruler stripped her unclothed and went outside to soak her clothes in water, but that before he returned to the room, she had locked the door against him.
She alleged that the threat by the traditional ruler to kill her made her to open the door for him, after which he overpowered and violated her.

Need I say more?

In the first place, is she the only copper that was computer literate?

Common sense would have let her know that she ought to have told other corpers about her whereabouts, A stranger (lets cut the crap of traditional ruler. A stranger is a stranger) offering her a lift, and she gladly hopped into the car. (This was not the first occasion she had hopped into his car like a rabbit)

Why did she not go home with other coppers?
Okay, lets assume that she was feeling like a babe, and needed a driver, Why did she not ask one of the guys (they can be good chaperones) to go with her, or at least, a fellow female copper? Did he force her to come with him?

Why did she not insist on coming down when she realized he had diverted the journey, and was going elsewhere?
When she finally got to his house and realized this, why did she come down from the car?

As if this was not enough, she sat down there being entertained, "sugomu"  angry

After enjoying the entertainment, she realized it was getting late? (oh please she should come up with something better)

He stripped her of her clothes and went to soak them in water outside? She must be an ode then. All this while, she couldn't shout for help abi?
So how did she now finally go home eventually?

Oh puhleeasseee, she should go and sleep jare. A graduate, behaving like a primary school girl?
Everyone knows they ought to be careful, especially when in a strange land. She felt comfortable going with him, without informing anyone, or without asking anyone to come along with her. What kind of naivety is that one?

She was probably tripped that a traditional ruler was giving her much attention, (local champion) not knowing what he had up his sleeves.

She did not have it at the back of her mind (or she probably forgot) that some men are dirty animals that would go to any length to ravish a woman.(she probably thinks its everyone that has time to do gentleman toasting) angry

Mssscchhheeeewwwwww
Re: Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler by Ndumyke(m): 12:42am On Apr 13, 2011
it is unfortunate that corpers are passing tru hell when they sacrife a year to serve their nation. instead of this traditional ruler to protect this young lady posted to his domain, decided to violate her forcely or threaten to kill her if dare do any thing funny. i pray he will not go free until he pay his last dine for damages he caused his fellow man

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To India For Study / The Neutral Realm; Peoples lives in different Continents (places) / See What A Girl Wore To Board A Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.