Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (39393 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by yinkbell: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...

First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...

I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...

Back to the matter...

As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...

Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...

Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...

A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...

Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).

I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat, ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Mr. Oyerinde, may your wisdom never corrupt. U've got the gift of counselling.
So much treasure abound in you. U have given a great advice to the young lad
I have tapped into the advice. Are u telling him he should still hold his job and continue in this line of business? Pls., Well to mention me!

3 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Kayceehman: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
I am an oriented graduate and I work with a private school, teaching and being paid 15k sometimes Iook at myself and kept pondering, but its not my fault because I have been scouting for job....

Who Else is in this Category

How are you Coping, despite the Harsh Economy?

I earn #100k from private teaching! I am my own boss! I want to get a small place where I can be using as my permanent class for my private tutorials

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
Grizzly20:

Na so e easy abi?
Abeggi swerve.

No mind the guy jare
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Sniper4real(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
Mrlola:

Private chat me. 15k ke?

Can i private chat you
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by ublight: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kayceehman:

I earn #100k from private teaching! I am my own boss! I want to get a small place where I can be using as my permanent class for my private tutorials

please put me through
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
I am an oriented graduate and I work with a private school, teaching and being paid 15k sometimes Iook at myself and kept pondering, but its not my fault because I have been scouting for job....

Not good enough bro. Hopefully you make a quantum leap soon. Good luck

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by shegzydave(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
I can't but appreciate God
I was once in this mess after my Nysc my is even 10k as a university graduate
But God sender helpers to me, who Gave me money to start a computer business center business, today at the end of the month i am able to save at least 30k,because no day I dont sell at least 1500 lowest ooo
I thank God for everything

5 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by nedekid: 11:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
Grace001:
You mean less than $40 for 30 days ?

Indeed how some people survive in Nigeria is a miracle
He earns more than a doctor in Cuba or Venezuela naa grin
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by mohd001: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2021
emeone:
Guy...
Mine was 12k in one mushroom private school in Lagos, some of my colleagues are earning 10k.
That was last year, corona year. It's a pity, Nigeria is a disgrace, no labour law to protect workers from exploitation by the owners of one man business,there should be a standard.

u mean 12k salary even in Lagos??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Yankee101: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2021
Leave your city to another. Same job will pay you 70k average in other states. Plus you can share accommodation, offer your services online for a lesson teacher on etc

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by marwanafrica: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
CalebLebsco56:

Mine is 10K and TP is Consuming 4k Monthly out of 10k, So i pocket 6k every month

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by marwanafrica: 11:16pm On Mar 04, 2021
Yankee101:
Leave your city to another. Se job will pay you 70k average in other states. Plus you can share accommodation, offer your services online for a lesson teacher on etc
Job like which one please?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Legendguy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
I'm currently being paid 20k in a private school, private school teachers are underpaid in Nigeria.
I was able to hustle to raise additional 15k by engaging in private tutoring and evening jamb and waec classes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Legendguy(m): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2021
candygist:

Even security earn more than you.

After I graduated from uni. It was difficult to get a clean job. So I learnt a skill after learning the skill. I got two security jobs around ogba and ikeja. When ever I close from one shift, J moved to the second. At the end big each month I was earning 50 to 55K. I did it till I could start my business and some other online stuffs. If you leave in Lagos. I will advice u to man up and decide your future.

How do you sleep?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2021
sapphiere:
My cream alone is 55k and it doesn't last beyond 33days. Get a skill or go into business.

Does it bleach the skin properly? grin
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Dre183(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
CalebLebsco56:

Ah, how u dey cope self, u dey eat atall?

Me that even earn 74k monthly quit the job last year December when the pay doesn't worth the stress...

Is better you quit and look for something tangible to do with your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by PartnerusIsBack: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
ublight:

yes. Which type?

Personal development, money and finance topics

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by PartnerusIsBack: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
temblor1:

I can, and I'm interested in earning a bit with my spare time Sir.
Though, I ain't the OP

Please leave me your WhatsApp number. Thank you
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by PartnerusIsBack: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2021
[quote author=Exciting post=99613247][/quote]

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by deltateam: 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
I was once paid double of that and it wasn't even enough.

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Yankee101: 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
marwanafrica:

Job like which one please?

Same teaching jobs in abuja, Lagos etc
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Ajiswaggs(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Thank God for my life. @OP to be sincere with you, you need to think outside your brain. Just sit down for one corner and think about what service u can offer online and generate money. Even if it's 1k per day on internet. There is a lot of money on internet, depends on how smart you are for you to make your own out of it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Easyincome24: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
Incognito403:

Lemme advise you. The fact is that all those things they thought us in school are not really relevant in the real world. They're useful but they're too low for what the modern skill market needs. If you want to get a good pay you'll have to reeducate yourself by taking courses online and watching youtube videos.

Do you have a laptop?

If yes, then I think you should quite that 15k job. It might be tough but I believe it's the right thing to do. There'll be tough times that might make you regret leaving your 15k job but try to focus on where you're going.

Find time to learn WordPress and/or graphics design. If you're smart you should be up and running with WordPress in one month of intensive study.
As good and helpful as this advice sounds, it may be difficult for the OP to apply presently.

There are skills one need when you just finished graduating-job hunting skill.

There are skills you need when you already secure a job, irrespective of how small the salary may be.

There is a skill one needs when you want to change job from one industry to another.

In OP's case, he could either go with options 2 or 3.

Since he's a teacher, he can apply for some professional courses tailored to horn his skill as a teacher. This skill will give him a leverage in the competitive market. He could as well apply for online tutorial post as a tutor on teaching apps... He can find so many available and filter down to what he can offer.

If he would go for the third option, he would need to be disciplined - switching a career requires more efforts than you would necessary need if you were to upgrade in your current career.

The idea here is, you need a sustenance whether you are switching job or upgrading. If you lose this 15k job before taking necessary decision, you will appreciate why little is better than none.

Stay with the job, open your network to get connection for next offer. Plan what your next stage will be working with a SMART strategy.

I was in your shoe some period ago, though I still kept my 9-5 job, but I worked my ass to upskill, upgrade and upsell to increase my earning ability.
S-specific: I planned to acquire digital skill with specific interest in social media and digital marketing within 3months dedicating my weekends and siesta at work.
M-Measurable I kept a schedule like a timetable where I click how many hours I have accomplished learning all I needed to become a sought after social media and digital marketer.
A-achievable: I see possibility in this starting with the basic self schooling with Facebook blueprint, Google Marketing, Udemy, Hubspot etc. The faculties in charge of these trainings made learning easy as I could chat them on bothering issues and arrange for Skype, all these at affordable fees from the meagre salary I was still collecting.
R-Realistic It is relevant to the global demand and such it is realistic. I joined relevant groups online for content writing, graphics design, brand identity, email marketing, copywriting, SEO, SMM, inbound marketing and also connect with more fellows in these niche on LinkedIn.
T-Time bound:Time is of essence, I voraciously watched over 50 YouTube videos especially from Tutorialpoints and all those aforementioned. I hit my target, three months of self schooling and started freelancing for businesses from family and friends. I applied to catchafire, an online group where you can offer your skill to NGOs globally. These I did to add to my CV , and beautify my portfolio.

Sorry, I have to explain these, honestly you will need a springboard to dive deeper if you want something to change for better.

Disclaimer : Following all I have highlighted herein is my personal opinion, it doesn't guarantee a quick means to making wealth. Reading this means you are matured enough to choose from opinions irrespective of how presentable they look, to form your own perspective.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Easyincome24: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
Success on your way soonest.

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by proddey(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
There's no point working at a job that you dont love , you're not passionate about and they dont pay you well. It's best to intern at a job that you like for a little pay....

CalebLebsco56:

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by temblor1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
PartnerusIsBack:

Let me know once you get it so I can modify the post.
Thank you Sir.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by tonididdy(m): 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
@OP hang in there... Your helper is on the way

I speak from experience, I tot for a whooping 10years right from the age of 17 or 18 (add10 yrs to that), my highest salary was 12k.

Everybody said I had a gift with kids but I got bored of teaching and applied to be a fuel pump attendant.

This is where my helper located me and a month after I found myself out of Africa.

... Just keep pressing

5 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by VicM6: 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
like they use to say ''don't compare ur self with those who look upon their parent, Try to work hard bcus it might be that your parent re looking up to you...... 15k salary in a month.... even within March 1 to tomorrow being 5th, i would earn 10k from the hustling am doing... the job am abt to do tomorrow would fetch me 3,500 a day. So op, try nd learn a skill for now..... Notin pass hand work now for this zoogeria

3 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Peebaby93: 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
Apus:

To begin with that money can't even feed one for two weeks talk less of rent, except he/she lives in the village.

Same country politicians splash what some people earn in their lifetime on cars and frivolities.

if it's even car I will understand but they splash it on dog's breakfast or their children under wears or just a shoe

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Itannooluwa(f): 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2021
sapphiere:
My cream alone is 55k and it doesn't last beyond 33days. Get a skill or go into business.
mtchewwwww......very insensitive

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by adonnii(f): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
Be the value. Demand to be be compensated as per value and see the
world run to you.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by IgboWarlord(m): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
sapphiere:

Let your cream kill you there.....!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Queen Of England Honours Nasir Yammama, CEO Verdant Agri-Tech (Pics) / Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948 / National Taskforce Salary And Mode Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.