Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

5 Things To Do When Toxic People Disrespect Our Boundaries - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things To Do When Toxic People Disrespect Our Boundaries (357 Views)

People Disrespect Me Because Of my Small Stature. / I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me / My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Do When Toxic People Disrespect Our Boundaries by ollyjoseph: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2021
Personal boundaries refer to rules or limits set by someone to identify reasonable and safe ways or others to behave towards them. These boundaries may pertain to belongings, personal space or certain activities. Boundaries are incredibly important – mostly because they keep you safe and assure you your relationships are healthy.

Now that we’ve established the significance of boundaries, it’s important to know what to do when someone violates them. Often, people who are manipulative or toxic tend to deliberately overstep your boundaries. When this happens you need to know what to do.

Here are five ways to react when someone disrespects your boundaries.
1. Use the broken record technique.

This is a form of assertive behavior – it encourages saying the same message repeatedly. The name comes from the days of vinyl records – if the record was scratched or shattered, it would play the same music piece again and again.

Repeatedly state your boundaries, in a clear and concise manner. This is a helpful technique because sometimes manipulative people may try to twist our arguments, and slowly chip away at your boundaries.

Do not apologize for your boundaries – this may be taken as a sign you are willing to back down. Remind yourself that your boundaries need to be respected. Do not over explain either. Try and be precise in the way you communicate. Remember, the problem is not you – it is the other person.

Read More
https://www.relationshipadvice.info/2021/03/5-things-to-do-when-toxic-people.html
Re: 5 Things To Do When Toxic People Disrespect Our Boundaries by killuax: 5:47am On Mar 07, 2021
Toxic everywhere mehn

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be Dangerous / ������� / Spend Money On A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.