Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars (24711 Views)

FG, US Sign Agreement For Return Of Fresh $23.4m Abacha Loot / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return / Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ashirioluwa: 3:41am On Mar 05, 2021
Citizens will still need money to buy those cars and I don’t think any bank will loan out money to an individual with 30k naira salary that is not regular.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by naijadrivablog: 3:43am On Mar 05, 2021
In a country where majority of its population are poor

On top of that, the taste of Nigerians tilt towards Japanese and German-made cars

I laugh in Chinese.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by naijadrivablog: 3:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Simplyleo:
God bless the jagaban
God bless PYO
God bless Lagos state

Those people:

The real educated and focused ones among them will be searching for opportunities either through direct employment or otherwise to benefit from this project. smiley

The useless illiterates and criminals among them will log in to their useless handles on social media and start insulting Tinubu from sunset to sunrise on daily basis. grin

At times, look beyond tribal and political sentiment.

Car manufacturing' in a country where:

1. No steady power supply,
2.Most of the population are poor (how many can afford such brand new cars?)
3. Where the taste of Nigerians tilt towards Japanese/German cars
4. Where already car manufacturing/assembly companies are looking towards African marker (Innoson and co)?
5. Poor economy, inflation
6. etc
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by plaindealer: 4:10am On Mar 05, 2021
Xscape1993:
Assembly plant or manufacturing? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!

The assembly plant created unfortunate jobs for the assembly workers, vendors, suppliers, utilities, and so on and also unfortunate employment for 1000 unfortunate Lagosians to put unfortunate food on the table, pay unfortunate school fees, expand unfortunate IGR base to build unfortunate roads, schools, hospital, social services, and policies.

We thank God for the unfortunate for the ruler in Lagos.

This is why Lagos remains ahead of the rest of Nigeria and the 5th largest economy in Africa.

What is unfortunate is you and your shortsightedness.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Agwaso: 4:25am On Mar 05, 2021
I know that CIG has been assembling cars in their Ojota assembly plant since before Sanwo Olu came into power. I also know before now that lagos government ordered for 3000 pieces of SUV, to be used for taxi services, after the levy imposed on Uber & Bolt. The 3000 SUVs is currently being assembled. If LASG is an investors that means everyone driving CIG cars are all investors.

The cars are cheap, fuel efficient but the size of the engine is small compared to other counter part but the coparism is not 2 equals. i.e. prado jeep of v8 has engine capacity of 5.7L whereas the GS8 has a v8 engine but capacity is 3.0L. Recall that prices of cars depends on the size of the engine. Therefore you cannot compare price of prado with GS8 since prado is by far a bigger car.

By the way i am driving one of their truck, the engine capacity is 1.7L, smaller than corolla engine.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by DSoj(m): 4:36am On Mar 05, 2021
Xscape1993:
Assembly plant or manufacturing? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!

U are so dumbly ignorant.. how many full manufacturing plants exist in the world? Even USA and most other big countries have mostly assembly plants cos car companies dont just manufacture parts everywhere for compliance sake. Get knowledge
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by stonemasonn: 4:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Agwaso:
I know that CIG has been assembling cars in their Ojota assembly plant since before Sanwo Olu came into power. I also know before now that lagos government ordered for 3000 pieces of SUV, to be used for taxi services, after the levy imposed on Uber & Bolt. The 3000 SUVs is currently being assembled. If LASG is an investors that means everyone driving CIG cars are all investors.

The cars are cheap, fuel efficient but the size of the engine is small compared to other counter part but the coparism is not 2 equals. i.e. prado jeep of v8 has engine capacity of 5.7L whereas the GS8 has a v8 engine but capacity is 3.0L. Recall that prices of cars depends on the size of the engine. Therefore you cannot compare price of prado with GS8 since prado is by far a bigger car.

By the way i am driving one of their truck, the engine capacity is 1.7L, smaller than corolla engine.
chai! V8 Engine with just 3.0L Is that even efficient? Why not just use V6 engine. And a 1.7L truck? Pick-up? Lol, abeg make una no put too much load on that car ooo.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Rossnitti: 5:05am On Mar 05, 2021
Xscape1993:

ASSEMBLY AND MANUFACTURING MEAN THE EXACT SAME THING.

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT YOU UNINFORMED PEOPLE MAKE A DISTINCTION.

IN THE US, CAR MANUFACTURING PLANTS ARE CALLED ''CAR ASSEMBLY PLANTS''.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by galaxy2020(m): 5:05am On Mar 05, 2021
Chinese car??
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ikpongiton: 5:13am On Mar 05, 2021
this is the kind of news I like hear in the morning.God bless the founding fathers of Lagos State.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Rossnitti: 5:13am On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

There is big difference between assembling and manufacturing

You're talking rubbish.

There is ZERO DIFFERENCE between manufacturing and assembly.

They mean the EXACT SAME THING.

Eg:

Fort Wayne Assembly is an automobile factory in Roanoke, Indiana. Opened in 1986 by General Motors, the 2,850,000-square-foot (265,000 m2) plant produces vehicles on the company's GMT T1XX vehicle platform. Facilities include 2 body shops, a paint shop, general assembly, and sequence center. It assumed operations of the former Pontiac Truck and Bus Assembly. Located at 12200 Lafayette Center Rd, Roanoke, IN 46783 (260) 673-2345.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_assembly_plants_in_the_United_States
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ikpongiton: 5:16am On Mar 05, 2021
Xscape1993:
you kwa, learn to walk before you run.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Rossnitti: 5:18am On Mar 05, 2021
Ikpongiton:
you kwa, learn to walk before you run.

That's a rubbish answer. There is no difference between manufacturing and assembly. The answer you gave contributes to ignorance.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Bestbeelieve: 5:21am On Mar 05, 2021
tonididdy:
... When the world is embracing electric and solar cars.

Our dear Nigeria is embracing a multi-billion naira Chinese craps

my brother leave the backward paid urchins up there talking crap! they are so myopic in thinking mediocrity seems perfect for them. Imagine a world changing with almost lightning speed and they are happy moving backwards. most car manufacturers now are ditching internal combustion engines. I thought the VP was talking about green energy goals recently without a concrete plan to achieve it! they are moving around like blind mice and jus talking cheap talk!!! this backwardness shall always be behind me!tufia!
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ikpongiton: 5:22am On Mar 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
Bad news for Innoson because the chinese product would likely be cheaper and still serve and suit an average man's satisfaction
I don't know what to call you, but you will not go far with this kind of mentality.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ikpongiton: 5:30am On Mar 05, 2021
C505:
Experience: I bought made in China car (used) 2012 and was happy with my buy. 3 months later and I was on my way home from work with colleagues and had the sunroof open. Minutes later, we heard thunder cracks and decided to collapse the roof. As I pressed the button, omo na so the roof fly comot. We we're all shocked. Had to form 007 on the road to get home before the rain gets to us first. Fixed it the following day.

Like few weeks later, headlamps that I used my hand to change from halogen to led, one of them turned pink and the other remained white when the car was not undergoing genetic mutation.

There was this times I'll be in the traffic and bonnet will be bouncing not like how we see on TV but obvious enough for you to notice it. The driver next to me asked if there was a problem? Too ashamed, I had to tell him that I'm responsible cos I always like feeling the vibe.

Sold it off that weekend. Hat to chest for the current users if it's still alive.
this is a clear case of paying peanut and employing monkeys.but don't panic, because the guys have gone a long way in this business.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Ikpongiton: 5:36am On Mar 05, 2021
merits:
cheesy Chinko products.
where is your own?mumu!
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Alejobs: 6:16am On Mar 05, 2021
Pls give Innoson the space to thrive....dont bring in a foreign competitor
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by Prince001(m): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2021
Nairalandian:
China too like Africa
Cos they know we are greedy people and can be bought!!!
No one ever ask the question? Where's the contract? Can we see who is on there, what are the conditions and so on?our sell out media won't do any investigation to look into it. I bet sanwo yeye olu doing it for his family and his godfathers families!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by AlexBells(m): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2021
Ppogbae:

Innocent does not even make his parts. He buys them from China grin. Continue to wail. No one is obligated to Innoson grin grin

Lagos and SW are moving forward and I know your chest is hurting grin
Each time we keep telling you west people stuff you always abuse it becuase you think we wait or you think you are always right, but time will tell, you voted Buhari when we told you is a failure, don't worry time will tell
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by palsenator(m): 7:04am On Mar 05, 2021
I think this deal should have been the expansion of innosson motors. Which kain leaders we dey get sef
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by plaindealer: 7:10am On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

Each time we keep telling you west people stuff you always abuse it becuase you think we wait or you think you are always right, but time will tell, you voted Buhari when we told you is a failure, don't worry time will tell

What's Buhari got to do with Lagos and Sanwo Olu?

Is Buhari the Governor of Lagos?

is the Topic about Buhari?

What about your own governor? Is Buhari denying him and your state allocation and IGR?

Other governors are performing while your own Lazy governors are sleeping on the job, but Buhari all the way in Abuja is you people's usual headache as if he's collecting and spending your allocation or he's really your governors and his responsibility for your life or even for developing your state.

Face your governor and the people collecting monthly allocations to take care of your needs.

Btw, what is the time going to tell? Lagos won't be Lagos anymore when the time comes?

'
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by plaindealer: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2021
palsenator:
I think this deal should have been the expansion of innosson motors. Which kain leaders we dey get sef

Is innoson the only car manufacturer or assembly plant in Nigeria? Is it in the Nigerian constitution that innoson should be the only car company in Nigeria?

it's funny how the same characters shout and make noise about Dangote and monopoly, but they love monopoly when it comes to innoson.

Hypocrites.

You people are not serious.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by AlexBells(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2021
plaindealer:

What's Buhari got to do with Lagos and Sanwo Olu?

Is Buhari the Governor of Lagos?

is the Topic about Buhari?

What about your own governor? Is Buhari denying him and your state allocation and IGR?

Other governors are performing while your own Lazy governors are sleeping on the job, but Buhari all the way in Abuja is you people's usual headache as if he's collecting and spending your allocation or he's really your governors and his responsibility for your life or even developing your state.

Face your governor and the people collecting monthly allocations to take care of your needs.

Btw, what is the time going to tell? Lagos won't be Lagos anymore when the time comes?

'
Define performing is Lagos performing better than Rivers, is Ekiti perfoming better than Ebonyi, Is Osun better than Enugu, is Ogun better Than Abia, Is Oyo better than Anambra, Is Kwara better than Delta, please your too much borrowing and being infiltrated is not equal to development, the worst part is you are the one always inviting them, same way Afonja invited Fulani, when will you ever believe in yourself
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by plaindealer: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2021
[s]
AlexBells:

Define performing is Lagos performing better than Rivers, is Ekiti perfoming better than Ebonyi, Is Osun better than Enugu, is Ogun better Than Abia, Is Oyo better than Anambra, Is Kwara better than Delta, please your too much borrowing and being infiltrated is not equal to development, the worst part is you are the one always inviting them, same way Afonja invited Fulani, when will you ever believe in yourself
[/s]

Not interested in your lame tribal and bigoted rubbish.

The topic is about progress and development in Lagos state, not tribalism and bigotry.
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by WestAfricaan: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2021
\Produce or assemble cars
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by AlexBells(m): 7:33am On Mar 05, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your lame tribal and bigoted rubbish.

The topic is about progress and development in Lagos state, not tribalism and bigotry.

What progress, developed countries are pushing foreign companies out especially when they have alternative or have the potential for alternatives but your own government is inviting them to do what your people could do
Re: Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars by plaindealer: 7:35am On Mar 05, 2021
[s]
AlexBells:

What progress, developed countries are pushing foreign companies out especially when they have alternative or have the potential for alternatives but your own government is inviting them to do what your people could do
[/s]

Not interested in your rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Early Pictures From APC Campaign Rally In Yobe / Obiajulu Uja: Abuja Court Denies Anti-Tinubu Protester Bail / Osinbajo, South-West Governors Visit Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.