Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits (24887 Views)

Daddy Showkey: Men Who Invaded The NDA Are Not Bandits But Mercenaries / Gumi: Boko Haram Kidnapped Greenfield University Students, Not Bandits / Killer Herdsmen Are Ethnic Militants At War, Not Bandits - Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Omihanifa: 4:55am On Mar 05, 2021
RENOWNED northern Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said if government could pardon coup plotters that committed treasonable felony, there was nothing wrong extending the same gesture to bandits.

The Islamic cleric, while responding to the Christian Association of Nigeria in Kaduna on Thursday, said there was need to forgive bandits for the country to have peace.

Gumi added, “Even those that instigated civil war, the civil war that millions of people died, were pardoned. I see no reason why we cannot accept their (bandits) repentance and give them amnesty.”

Gumi added that he never betrayed soldiers of Christian faith before the bandits when he visited them.

He noted that he was misunderstood by CAN because the video that went viral about his discussion with the bandits was distorted and the actual message was manipulated.

Gumi said, “You ask why do we give them amnesty but they told us specifically that they are ready to drop their arms and they don’t want to be pursued with legal actions after they repented.

If the country could pardon coup plotters who committed treasonable offences in the era of military administration, the bandits can as well enjoy similar forgiveness even better under democratic rule.

“These people in the bush, who have taken arms; they are criminals. I wonder who is not a criminal. Since Nigeria forgave coup plotters, forgave those that killed. Even those that instigated civil war; civil war that millions of people died, I see no reason why we cannot accept their repentance.

Since that is the bottleneck and it is only the Federal Government that can give them that leverage. Strangely, we found out that they are victims too. They were victims of profiling. So many of them were arrested and punished just for looking like herdsmen.”
https://punchng.com/if-coup-plotters-are-pardoned-why-not-bandits-gumi/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Karlovych: 4:56am On Mar 05, 2021
grin grin From all of us at vulturebbqrillz we thank you our darling daddy for making the nation more safe and secure, we cannot thank you enough for all the good things you are doing.
Sai Baba
Sai Ruga
Sai Caliphate
Sai 4 + 4

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Mokason288(m): 4:57am On Mar 05, 2021
This Gumi it’s just a Mara of time

You will revel more of what you know about Financing of this Terrorist you call bandits...

Useless Fulani Jihadist that have grown wings to the extent of kidnaping people from their houses here in Abuja

To Pardon Terrorist should be God’s decision

But to send them to God should be FG’s priority

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

247 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Moneywirer: 4:59am On Mar 05, 2021
Why is the man still not behind bars
Tap his phone, emails, bug his home and even plant someone on him.
There's no way you won't find something that ties him to these kidnappings.

***wakes up and yawns****

Oh I'm actually in Nigeria and not in a saner clime sad sad sad

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Duru9(m): 5:04am On Mar 05, 2021
This man is amongst the sponsors of this bandits
The problem is the bandits are out of their control

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by MajesticKris: 5:06am On Mar 05, 2021
Gumi For President!!

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Mokason288(m): 5:06am On Mar 05, 2021
Duru9:
This man is amongst the sponsors of this bandits
The problem is the bandits are out of their control
Trust me they are still under his control

Him and his master The mannequin from Sudan

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by GeeOh(f): 5:08am On Mar 05, 2021
oga minister of bandit and Fulani affairs, because you're benefiting from wrong does not make it right, remember you can't leave forever.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by mployer(m): 5:09am On Mar 05, 2021
If that is the case, then all criminals in this country should be pardoned. The prisons should be opened and the inmates set free.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Amaechi2023(m): 5:28am On Mar 05, 2021
if I have a gun and I sight this bloody idioot, I'll shot the idioot and damnn the consequences.
after all I deserve to be given amnesty and be flown abroad..

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Auxtin85(m): 5:32am On Mar 05, 2021
Why is Buhari terrorist federal government trying to make Nigerians believe this man is just a chief negotiator? This man is a terrorist

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:32am On Mar 05, 2021
GUMI IS AN EVIL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 05, 2021
Automatic on
Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Racoon(m): 5:34am On Mar 05, 2021
WTF! Coup plotters that are often executed? It simply implies this Sheik Ahmed Gumi was a known terrorist who have been disguising himself as a peace maker all along.

I cant imagine Nigeria deteriorating this fast with people of his calibre propounding all manners of shitty theories to give these criminal and atrocious elements a soft landing.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by 825jobs: 5:34am On Mar 05, 2021
Who made this guy the chief terrorist negotiator for the Nigerian government?

And why does the media keeps calling them "bandits"?

these so called bandits should be designated by their real name..."terrorists." And they should be treated as such.

6 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by deltateam: 5:36am On Mar 05, 2021
sadD

This man knows more than we think.

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by pickatyouu: 5:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Gumi is a terrorist and will die as one. Idiot gumi

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by oilking: 5:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Snakes
Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by dominique(f): 5:38am On Mar 05, 2021
Armed robbers and ritual killers should be pardoned too. It's very obvious this crazy sheikh is a beneficiary of banditry, he's one of the first people that must get arrested once this calamity regime is over

10 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by oluwasegun007(m): 5:39am On Mar 05, 2021
I wonder why DXX never invite this guy grin
Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by psalmistkakah(m): 5:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Coup plotters are not terrorist, moreover they have a define purpose which is to cease power from a particular government, they do not go about kidnapping, killing or detonating bomb around.. Abeg oga shift..

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by zeusdgrt(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2021
So sad this man still roams free
Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by adesegun121(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Godfullsam(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2021
This man should be thoroughly investigated. His hands are not clean

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by ScamHunter: 5:43am On Mar 05, 2021
Hmm...In other words, "We are making it official".

That's how state sponsored terrorism is initiated. Since a coup plotter was pardoned, let us a validate killers, thieves and robbers. Meanwhile, based on that logic, the prisons in Nigeria should be emptied and all the criminals pardoned.

14 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by oluwaSavage: 5:44am On Mar 05, 2021
really?

Damn! Too many terrorists in Nigeria.

With the Zeal of the people and by the grace of God we will disintegrate from you nothern parasites...

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 05, 2021
I remember saying it before that this man would go into the lowest of lows just to secure the trust of the bandits.

More to come

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits by Bvlgari: 5:45am On Mar 05, 2021
be like this man no well...c'mon gerrarahere

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Political Thugs Kill One, Injure Six In Lagos (photo) / Wike Sets Up N50M For Baby Whose Parents Were Killed By Don Wanny's Gang. Photos / FFK: "Why Ibe Kachikwu Has Not Seen Buhari. PMB Sees All Southerners As Slaves"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.