Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,438 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm (15037 Views)

Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages / Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20 / 'Don't Let Fayose Die': Isaac Fayose As Security Surround Ekiti Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by postbox: 11:10am On Mar 05, 2021
IrinAjo, A tourism and hospitality company, has signed a concession agreement with the investment arm of the Ekiti State Government, Fountain Holdings Limited, over the Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort for fifteen (15) years.

During the signing ceremony, the CEO of IrinAjo, Mr Adedamola Idowu said:
“The company was inspired by the beautiful and uncommon phenomenon’ the resort is, adding that he intends to further push the global acclaim of the resort further than it is.”

Mr Idowu said though there are challenges, he has a masterplan to reposition the facility in two phases – first, to return it to operational capacity and to expand the facility – which will be completed before December 2021.

The globally travelled tourism expert also assured tourists of a standard hospitality and tourism destination that will offer a wide range of services that will cater to their individual, organisational, educational and academic needs.

Present at the concession signing ceremony were the GMD/CEO, FHL, Oska Seyi Aiyeleso, GM Business Development, FHL, Mr Kunle Oladele and the Group Accountant, FHL, Mr Femi Ayeni.

Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort is a unique hospitality facility with a rare natural warm spring with a confluence of warm and cold water maintaining their thermal properties.

The facility which has been developed with 91 rooms of different cadres, unique warm spring swimming pool, 320 seater amphitheatre, 150-seater mini Hall with training aids and a 500-seater conference hall, is being concessioned in order to yield better revenue and to improve Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of Ekiti State.
https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/05/ekiti-govt-hands-over-ikogosi-warm-spring-resort-to-private-firm/

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Queenlovely(f): 11:11am On Mar 05, 2021
r

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Omihanifa: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2021
How many times will they hand it over to a private investor undecided

Every adminstration keeps handing it over to different private investor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Binomotech(m): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2021
Very good, now we can expect a better management

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by ladundami: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2021
GOOD MOVE FROM D GOVERNMENT
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by GOVERNMENT2: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2021
angry

HE MUST HAVE HANDED IT OVER TO HIS FULANI MASTERS.

PONMO AND BOLI GANG NOR FIT SEE THIS ONE WEY DEY PROMOTE FULANIS FOR YORUBA LAND CRITICIZE SO, NA FOR MAKINDE SIDE THEIR PRICK DEY ALWAYS SWELL UP.

CC
THATFAIRGUY
SEUNMSG
LEGENDHERO
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Romanoff(f): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2021
Them done kuku swear for us say government no fit manage anything for this country.

A proof of it is our education, power and infrastructure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by ImDStar: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Enudapan: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
Nice one for development
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by platido(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Afonja people
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by blinking001(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2021
This is commendable
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by ScamHunter: 11:43am On Mar 05, 2021
Good one... Am I the only one that has fallen in love with the governor of Ondo state? I really believe he is the only southern governor worth taking seriously. In fact, He and Fayose are the ONLY reason I don't believe all ODUDUWA people are cowards. And of course not forgetting Sunday Igbogho. No other southern governors bear the interest of their people at heart like That Akeredu or something. Though I learnt his wife is Igbo. You cannot be close to Igbo or Ijaw not have the heart of a warrior. Even Sunday Igbo ho is close to Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by MrImole: 11:46am On Mar 05, 2021
Bullshit
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by ProphetofOdin: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2021
I think that is what most governors and FG should be doing with most of our edifice, set them up and hand them over to private companies to run, and these private companies should be paying yearly rent to the govt. Don't allow civil servants to run any thing, 90percent of the times they run anything it down the drain; NITEL, Nigerian Airways, NNPC the list is endless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by KanuSE: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Billing loading.... grin
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by LandMann: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Hopefully it's not a crony who will be used to funnel out Ekiti funds.

Nigeria political leaders are useless... All of them
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by NwaNimo1(m): 11:49am On Mar 05, 2021
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by humberjade: 11:51am On Mar 05, 2021
Queenlovely:
Now I want to invest.

Why did it take this long.

I want to use this opportunity to talk to all first born in Nigeria.

I know what you are going through, commit it to God in prayer, God would lift this burden from you someday.

To those avoiding calls from home, those who won't travel. home because they must make mama proud,

God no go shame us, you would be a good a good example to your younger ones.

May this year be better than previous year IJN

Amen

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Alba3: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2021
Omihanifa:
How many times will they hand it over to a private investor undecided

Every adminstration keeps handing it over to different private investor

I doubt if the resort has ever been handed over to private investor. Maybe you're confusing it with Gossy spring water bottling company at Ikogosi.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Eriokanmi: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2021
Good. Kogi is the richest place for tourism in Nigeria unfortunately, the same has always been governed by wrong people. Yahaya bello has even worsened the situation for them, always playing to the gallery. I had the opportunity of visiting a place called Bad Ems in Germany a couple of times in the past . There's a small town in that place called Gackenbach. Gackenbach is a replica of lokoja...in fact, each time I visit I always think I'm in lokoja because of the topography. German govt rakes in, millions of euro here yearly. There's an elevator from the foot of the hills which would take tourists to the top where there's a flat surface, similar to the mountain i once visited in lokoja where Lord Lizard had his house. I drove from the foot to the top of the mountain. There's an fm station there too. The top is as flat as plains with water flowing down the mountain. The replica in Germany had amazing restaurants, hotels , hospitals, etc. There's a place similar to this in Torrence, California where I also visited...most Hollywood movies had been shot there in the past. Its home to popular celebs in America. Nigeria isn't really poor. Its our leaders who made her so.

I wonder why none of their politicians deemed it fit to make lokoja a world class tourist attraction, always embezzling the state's funds. They're all political jobbers who believe in chop, make i chop. None of them is futuristic because they knew they'd not see money to eat, should they embark on such a long term, but money spinning investment, yet most of them go abroad to have their vacations in similar places, even take pictures of them and their families.

The current governor owned a transport company which employed a sizable number of Nigerians before he became governor. The moment he took office, FairPlus which happened to be the name of the company closed shops. Most of our senators were businessmen before they joined politics. Since politics fetch them more money than the Investments which used to put food at the table of their employees, they kuku abandoned it.

I wish we had a selfless leader in this country some day, who would look into and revive all these abandoned money-spinning sectors

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by OlawaleBammie: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2021
Queenlovely:
Now I want to invest.

I know what you are going through, commit it to God in prayer, God would lift this burden from you someday.

To those avoiding calls from home, those who won't travel. home because they must make mama proud,

Amin ooooo hmmmm

The tin no easy ooo

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by Alba3: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Who profited?

Ekiti people?

[img]https://media1./images/bbc0c2df2e8f8730356ed877b41930d7/tenor.gif?itemid=15100453[/img]

Let them just run the warm spring resort better... it's an awesome place for vacation and events particularly when one needs to connect with nature. It's not also far from Arinta Waterfalls at Iloro-Ekiti and Olumirin Waterfalls in Erin, Osun state.

Ekiti can make so much money from tourism but successive governments are so lame particularly its Town planning agency. How on earth did the government allow people to build houses in-between or on top those rocks between Yinka and Odo-Iro, Iyin-Ekiti? There're Esa, Abanijorin caves nearby, a great tourist centre but yet to be developed; the cave's main amphitheatre can sit about 1000 people when expanded. The myopic government should have paid compensation to land owners around the place. See pictures & video of the caves here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1865714806903219&id=236928116448571&fs=0&focus_composer=0

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1866733746801325&id=236928116448571&fs=0&focus_composer=0
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by damilare442: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
Queenlovely:
Now I want to invest.

Amen
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by TANID(m): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by GeneralPula: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
ScamHunter:
Good one... Am I the only one that has fallen in love with the governor of Ondo state? I really believe he is the only southern governor worth taking seriously. In fact, He and Fayose are the ONLY reason I don't believe all ODUDUWA people are cowards. And of course not forgetting Sunday Igbogho. No other southern governors bear the interest of their people at heart like That Akeredu or something. Though I learnt his wife is Igbo. You cannot be close to Igbo or Ijaw not have the heart of a warrior. Even Sunday Igbo ho is close to Igbo.

Seems they’ve unleashed some new set of Zombie onto Nairaland..

Haha..

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by prince2pac(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Queenlovely:
Now I want to invest.

Amen.. E go surely better

Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by erico2k2(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
Re: Ekiti Govt Hands Over Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort To Private Firm by maxell(f): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
GeneralPula:

Seems they’ve unleashed some new set of Zombie onto Nairaland..

Haha..

Haha grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

With Tanko Almakura As Chairman, APC Sure Of Retaining Power In 2023 - Shola / Osun Poll: 2 Eos Not Suspended For Electoral Fraud —INEC / APC Challenges DSS To Provide Evidence Of Cloning Of Voters' Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.