Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Hijab In Their Bible. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In Their Bible. (328 Views)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Position Of Hijab In Islam / It Is Insane To Preach To Christians Using Their Bible As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab In Their Bible. by afasayuti: 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2021
HIJAB IN THE BIBLE
If a woman is not wearing Hijab (veil), disgrace her by shaving her hair.
(1 Corinthians 11:5-6)
------------
"Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? " (without Hijab) (1corr. 11:13)
------------
Women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety not with hairstyles
(1 Timothy 2:9)
------------
Rebeka took her Hijab (veil) and cover herself (for Isaac) (Genesis 24:64-65)
------------
Women told to lift up their Hijab (veil) while grinding flour (Isaiah 47:2)
------------
"How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves.”
(Song of Songs 4:1)
------------
Bible named people who want sussana to do away with her Hijab (veil) as wicked and potential fornicators
(Daniel 13:31-32)
Re: Hijab In Their Bible. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
hijab and veil is not the same.

veil is a piece of cloth while hijab is a religious veil worn by Muslim women.

there is no way christian life and Muslim life are the same.

stop mentioning hijab in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In Their Bible. by advocatejare(m): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
afasayuti:
HIJAB IN THE BIBLE
If a woman is not wearing Hijab (veil), disgrace her by shaving her hair.
(1 Corinthians 11:5-6)
------------
"Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? " (without Hijab) (1corr. 11:13)
------------
Women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety not with hairstyles
(1 Timothy 2:9)
------------
Rebeka took her Hijab (veil) and cover herself (for Isaac) (Genesis 24:64-65)
------------
Women told to lift up their Hijab (veil) while grinding flour (Isaiah 47:2)
------------
"How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves.”
(Song of Songs 4:1)
------------
Bible named people who want sussana to do away with her Hijab (veil) as wicked and potential fornicators
(Daniel 13:31-32)
Ignorance is truly a disease

What's a veil, and what's hijab?

what's the history behind veil in Islam?

First, veiling or hijab was a reaction to when Muhammad wanted to consummate his wedding to Zainab, the wife of his adopted son whom muhammad claimed Allah had made legal to him. After the wedding fanfare, the guests refused to leave and after endless time of waiting, Muhammad decided to reveal the verse of hijab and used that to send the people away.

"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever.Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 53)

That word translated as partition or screen is the word Hijab (حِجَابٍ ) in Arabic and has nothing to do with your usage of hijab today

Second was when Umar was always trailing the wife of Muhammad to the toilet in order to force the hands of Allah to do their biddings of asking Muslim women to be covered and as expected, Allah did their biddings as suggested by Umar.

"Narrated By 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab)
My Lord agreed with me in three things:

1. I said,"O Allah's Apostle, I wish we took the station of Abraham as our praying place (for some of our prayers). So came the Divine Inspiration: And take you (people) the station of Abraham as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers e.g.two Rakat of Tawaf of Ka'ba)". (2.125)

2. And as regards the (verse of) the veiling of the women, I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I wish you ordered your wives to cover themselves from the men because good and bad ones talk to them.' So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealed.

3. Once the wives of the Prophet made a united front against the Prophet and I said to them, 'It may be if he (the Prophet) divorced you, (all) that his Lord (Allah) will give him instead of you wives better than you.' So this verse (the same as I had said) was revealed." (66.5).
-Sahih Bukhari 1:8:395
Re: Hijab In Their Bible. by LordReed(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2021
The funny god strikes again. He makes beautiful and desirable the female form but instead of giving men (and angels it seems) exceptional self control, he orders women to be wrapped up in sacks, what a god. LMAO!

(1) (Reply)

Help A Muslim Brother / Islam: A Religion Of All Time And People / Zakat Al-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.