Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali (65442 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by good4all40: 9:48pm On May 28, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Success of a country isn't determined by size but by having visionary leaders who have the interest of the country and her citizens at heart. Botswana is good and so also other countries, but my take is. If where you are presently isn't giving you what you want and you ain't sure whether your future would be secured there, then it won't be bad to seek to move or to try other places. Some people have made it big in Nigeria too, so the whole thing boils down to where you have a better opportunities, where you think and believe your goals would be achieved. I met some other brothers from Nigeria in KIGALI who have traveled wide to other countries of the world. I took interest in one particular brother from Abia state. This guy had been to several countries in Europe, Asia, middle east and some other African countries, but he told me that KIGALI is his home. He did all kinds of fraud in those other countries he lived before, but he said he will never involve himself in a fraud in KIGALI because KIGALI is his home, so he can never pollute it. He said he will go out to other countries, bring money and come back to KIGALI and invest it. In fact he has a son with a Rwandan lady. So if where you are isn't giving you what you want, then the better thing for you to do is to move. Not every one in US and Europe is making it in those places. In fact presently there are some guys in America that are planning of relocating to KIGALI. Also remember that there are so many Europeans, Asians and Americans in KIGALI RWANDA and they are there to do business and some of them are working there too. Infact they are more in majority than Africans of other countries living in KIGALI, apart from Congo and Burundi. So it hugely depends on where favour finds u. Thank you.

Kigali is a brilliant city I enjoyed every bit of it last time I visited l think l should visit again in August or September by God's grace. The country is so peaceful you can imagine a country where the commercial banks close at 8pm.

Most of their shopping malls work 24 hours round the clock the city is so magnificent.

Please only go their for tourism, business or Education.

15 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 10:09pm On May 28, 2021
good4all40:

Kigali is a brilliant city I enjoyed every bit of it last time I visited l think l should visit again in August or September by God's grace. The country is so peaceful you can imagine a country where the commercial banks close at 8pm.

Most of their shopping malls work 24 hours round the clock the city is so magnificent.

What else could one go there for if not for those 3 things you listed here. Anyway, you are absolutely right. I love the city of Kigali so very much.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by OGWILLS123: 6:30am On May 29, 2021
Chukwuemeka2025:
Can I start motorcycle spare parts business there?

Nah dem grin

4 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Venquire: 4:10pm On May 29, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Also remember that there are so many Europeans, Asians and Americans in KIGALI RWANDA and they are there to do business and some of them are working there too. Infact they are more in majority than Africans of other countries living in KIGALI, apart from Congo and Burundi. So it hugely depends on where favour finds u. Thank you.

Are you saying Congo and Burundi have a high population of Europeans, Asians and Americans?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by 4everEdward(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2021
good4all40:

yes you have truly been here bro
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by 4everEdward(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:27pm On May 29, 2021
Venquire:

Are you saying Congo and Burundi has a high population of Europeans, Asians and Americans?
Seems u didn't get me. I meant, Congo and Burundi have more of their citizens in Rwanda than other countries of Africa in Rwanda. Beside, yes, there are many Europeans, Asians and Americans in KIGALI

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 10:41pm On May 29, 2021
Kigali is expensive, yeah i mean very expensive. I came in last week Saturday, arrived at the Manor hotel and later left for Ikaze B&B hotel. The room I lodged at the manor hotel with my friends is $150 per night. You can’t even compare it to a 4 star hotel in Nigeria. Very wack service. Housing is very expensive. Me and my guys rented a 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Umucyo estate for $1,000 per month that’s like 1 million RWF, so we paid $2,000 total ( 1 month caution fee) I know d stress we went through b4 seeing a landlord willing to collect 1 month rent. Most houses here don’t even have AC, their taxi is expensive. Yegocars or so is like Uber. Very expensive, data is expensive 10,000 RWF for 12GB on 4G damnnn. What I only like is their ladies haha, big bummmmm �

13 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 10:45pm On May 29, 2021
There is a restaurant owned by an Igbo guy in Gicimanti or so, It’s called JOLLOF KIGALI, a plate of rice and chicken is $10... 10,000 RWF, with goat meat $12, pounded yam with goat meat $17. Omo the guy is in big money. Went to d supermarket yesterday and wine they sell 2400 naira in Nigeria is 11K RWF, socket of 5 phase is 11k, even cream Nivea men is 5,500. Bottle water like 1000 RWF. In short, Kigali is very expensive.

7 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 29, 2021
okeyglm:
post your naija Babe pix let's see. the Rwandan Babe you could see she's not on heavy make up like our naija girls.
Y'all love talking down on Naija girls, smh.
Plus not all Naija girls applies make-up.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:51am On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
Kigali is expensive, yeah i mean very expensive. I came in last week Saturday, arrived at the Manor hotel and later left for Ikaze B&B hotel. The room I lodged at the manor hotel with my friends is $150 per night. You can’t even compare it to a 4 star hotel in Nigeria. Very wack service. Housing is very expensive. Me and my guys rented a 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Umucyo estate for $1,000 per month that’s like 1 million RWF, so we paid $2,000 total ( 1 month caution fee) I know d stress we went through b4 seeing a landlord willing to collect 1 month rent. Most houses here don’t even have AC, their taxi is expensive. Yegocars or so is like Uber. Very expensive, data is expensive 10,000 RWF for 12GB on 4G damnnn. What I only like is their ladies haha, big bummmmm �
I said same here and some one refuted my claims. I'm currently in Lagos, so going by at least Lagos standard of cost of living, Kigali is not just expensive, but very expensive. Every thing there, including food and water, accomodation are damn too expensive. For feeding alone here in Lagos, 30k should be okay for me for a month but even 60k wont be enough for me in Kigali for one month. But i love the city shia.

7 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:57am On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
There is a restaurant owned by an Igbo guy in Gicimanti or so, It’s called JOLLOF KIGALI, a plate of rice and chicken is $10... 10,000 RWF, with goat meat $12, pounded yam with goat meat $17. Omo the guy is in big money. Went to d supermarket yesterday and wine they sell 2400 naira in Nigeria is 11K RWF, socket of 5 phase is 11k, even cream Nivea men is 5,500. Bottle water like 1000 RWF. In short, Kigali is very expensive.
Bro what are you there for? Are you there for business, work or something else?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by aboyaji(m): 1:22pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
Kigali is expensive, yeah i mean very expensive. I came in last week Saturday, arrived at the Manor hotel and later left for Ikaze B&B hotel. The room I lodged at the manor hotel with my friends is $150 per night. You can’t even compare it to a 4 star hotel in Nigeria. Very wack service. Housing is very expensive. Me and my guys rented a 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Umucyo estate for $1,000 per month that’s like 1 million RWF, so we paid $2,000 total ( 1 month caution fee) I know d stress we went through b4 seeing a landlord willing to collect 1 month rent. Most houses here don’t even have AC, their taxi is expensive. Yegocars or so is like Uber. Very expensive, data is expensive 10,000 RWF for 12GB on 4G damnnn. What I only like is their ladies haha, big bummmmm

That's why the country is expensive grin

8 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 1:41pm On May 30, 2021
aboyaji:

That's why the country is expensive grin

But they no fine o, they be like man lol

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 1:42pm On May 30, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
I said same here and some one refuted my claims. I'm currently in Lagos, so going by at least Lagos standard of cost of living, Kigali is not just expensive, but very expensive. Every thing there, including food and water, accomodation are damn too expensive. For feeding alone here in Lagos, 30k should be okay for me for a month but even 60k wont be enough for me in Kigali for one month. But i love the city shia.

I love it too, but the presence of police everywhere makes me sick haha. Rwanda is just like UK in terms of policing. I mean it’s a Police country, everywhere u c police, maybe they’re trying to prevent another genocide who knows. Then Kigali is clean they don’t use nylon here. KIGALI IS NOT EXPENSIVE BUT VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. RWANDA AT LARGE
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 1:45pm On May 30, 2021
I went to a liquor store and ended up buying nothing. Hennessy VSOP is 130,000 RWF lol, even Heineken smallest bottle is like 1,200 to 1500. Even four cousins of 2k in Naija is 12,000 RWF here. They don’t even have AC in most houses same with their cars, even car here na die. So I wonder why things are expensive there and their citizens are poor, who de buy those things. An iPhone 12 pro max is 1.6M RWF lol

6 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 1:45pm On May 30, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Bro what are you there for? Are you there for business, work or something else?

Something else

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by okeyglm: 2:05pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
I went to a liquor store and ended up buying nothing. Hennessy VSOP is 130,000 RWF lol, even Heineken smallest bottle is like 1,200 to 1500. Even four cousins of 2k in Naija is 12,000 RWF here. They don’t even have AC in most houses same with their cars, even car here na die. So I wonder why things are expensive there and their citizens are poor, who de buy those things. An iPhone 12 pro max is 1.6M RWF lol
average business hustler will see it as business opportunity. so don't laugh over it.

4 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by pseudonomer: 2:20pm On May 30, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Great thread. The first time i visited Rwanda i fell deeply in love wit that country. I spent just 6weeks there. I will be relocating back there pretty soon. That country though small but it's every thing i love about how a country should be ran. And for the brother asking if he could survive with a million naira for a year in Kigali, my advise to you should be this. Please don't try it, or you will have a very bad experience. I had cash of 600k naira equivalent in dollar when i landed at the Kigali international airport. After i paid for a room and parlor self contain at Kanombe, exactly opposite the Kigali airport which cost 60k Rwanda franc per a month. i was left with some money which finished in less than a month time. mind you, i didn't party or club, not even for one day, neither did i spend money carrying ladies, hell No. The money was spent on solely food, water and transportation. Foods are very expensive in Kigali and also bottle water. I couldn't drink tap water so i drank only bottled water which is costly, unlike what we had here in Nigeria. My only saving grace was a pastor friend of mine who was in charge of winners chapel church in Kigali, and a member of the church from Kenya whom God told several times according to him to give me 400 dollar. So you see it is difficult to stay in Kigali for 6months with just 1 million naira let alone a whole year, that will be taking an extreme risk if you don't have any business you are doing there. For business you can do that could give you money, i will advise female wears. I met some of our people over there doing that business and they are doing pretty well, of course you know there are more female in Rwanda than male cos of the genocide. I'm going back there soon to do real good business, that country is great and their weather is super compare to our harsh and scotching weather. Our people who went there and could not stay are those who saw that there's no room for their evil and wicked crime life to thrive over there. So most of them went to Kenya or Uganda, those are the countries where they can do their criminal trade and no one will bother them much. Pls don't dare go to Rwanda if u have a criminal mind, cos u will easily be caught, and Kegame seldom take prisoners and if he managed to take one, u may never see the face of the sky again till u die. Thank u.

You are saying you’d barely survive with $1000 a month in Kigali, Rwanda?

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Nicoswit(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
It is a landlocked country, that is why things are expensive there

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Jamestown123: 3:28pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
Trust me, 85% or more of their citizens can not afford those things. What's the basic salary there for their citizens? I guess Kigali is just made for tourist, business people and rich immigrants.

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:09pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:

I love it too, but the presence of police everywhere makes me sick haha. Rwanda is just like UK in terms of policing. I mean it’s a Police country, everywhere u c police, maybe they’re trying to prevent another genocide who knows. Then Kigali is clean they don’t use nylon here. KIGALI IS NOT EXPENSIVE BUT VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. RWANDA AT LARGE
Yeah, police and soldiers at every junction is ok, it is to prevent another genocide and also the possiblity of uprising and overthrow of Paul Kegame who has refused to allow the citizens some breathing space, but perpetuating himself in office as a life president of the country. Honestly I love the city of Kigali and I'm coming back to settle down there pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:15pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
You know is a landlock country and they import every thing, so the development u are seeing there comes from foreign donors and tax. Tax over there is the reason for the hike in just about every thing. You have a government provided machine that business people use there, and u dare not drop it. U must use it so as to assertain how much u are making and the tax u must pay at the end of every month.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:20pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
Even wen u go to a supermarket or grocery stores to get something and u parked ur car outside, a sticker will be placed on ur car bonnet and u dare not remove it and drive out. U must pay to d person that placed the sticker there before driving out. It's tax and it goes to the government purse.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:30pm On May 30, 2021
pseudonomer:

You are saying you’d barely survive with $1000 a month in Kigali, Rwanda?
If I include accomodation, yes, $1000 a month may not even be enough, but it depends on the area u live and the type of food u are eating there. For instance, houses in some good, not even too great areas in KIGALI could go as much as $500 per a month, and food could go for $10 and more per a mill. Electricity, water, transportation are also very expensive too. So calculate all this and u know wat I mean.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by aboyaji(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:

But they no fine o, they be like man lol

Abasi mbong!!! lipsrsealed
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by uchman(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:

RWF to Naira please

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 9:02pm On May 30, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
You know is a landlock country and they import every thing, so the development u are seeing there comes from foreign donors and tax. Tax over there is the reason for the hike in just about every thing. You have a government provided machine that business people use there, and u dare not drop it. U must use it so as to assertain how much u are making and the tax u must pay at the end of every month.

I totally understand you but even at that, I think they have a wicked government cos these people are poor and the government imposes so much tax on them. I was talking to a lady at the liquor store today and she said if she has money for ticket, she’ll relocate to Nigeria. She told me the reason why the wine is expensive is cos they imported them. I laughed and told her do they produce Moët, Hennessy, four cousins, white Martin or jack daniels in Nigeria? Of course not we shipped them as well. So why are they super expensive here? So a Rwandese told me the government imposes 100% tax on imported vehicle In d country, but in Naija, d custom duty is just 30%. So if I buy a car of $1000 and I ship to Rwanda I’ll be paying a total of $2000 minus shipping whereas in Nigeria it would be $1300. Everything is crazy here so a venza that sells for 5m in Nigeria would be around 12m naira here.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 9:03pm On May 30, 2021
So enough of d bad side, the country is beautiful, clean, and very secured. The citizens are friendly and d women get yarnsh and they easy to run, I still collect number this night self � lol
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by andrewbaba44: 10:18pm On May 30, 2021
I love this thread but trust me Rwanda is not expensive compared to Cairo or capetown

I think Rwanda is cheap

The only cheap thing in Cairo is rice ,cow meat bottle water ,I won’t talk of Cape Town with the fvcking very high monthly house rent

Speaking from my little experience

I hope to visit Rwanda one day ,with the way you guys have narrated I think it’s a very peaceful and lovely place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by oluayebenz: 11:04pm On May 30, 2021
Agape123:
So enough of d bad side, the country is beautiful, clean, and very secured. The citizens are friendly and d women get yarnsh and they easy to run, I still collect number this night self � lol

Hmmmmm

lipsrsealed
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by pseudonomer: 5:06am On May 31, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
If I include accomodation, yes, $1000 a month may not even be enough, but it depends on the area u live and the type of food u are eating there. For instance, houses in some good, not even too great areas in KIGALI could go as much as $500 per a month, and food could go for $10 and more per a mill. Electricity, water, transportation are also very expensive too. So calculate all this and u know wat I mean.

One person said, you’d get a room for like $100 per month. If a studio apartment cost more than 500$ a month in Kigali, then it should be in categories of New York, Berlin, Paris, London.
I don’t know why electricity and water should cost more 150$ a month in Kigali.

If you’d not survive 1000$ per month in Kigali, how does their locals survive? What’s the minimum wage in Kigali.

If what you’re saying is valid, then Rwanda should be considered a rich country.

I was think of going to Kigali, like after lockdown with a budget of €1000 for like 3weeks. And I was hoping to go to clubs and bars sometimes.

Thanks for the head-up, I will delete the city from my list.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Cotonou, Benin Republic / Truck Crashes Into A School Bus In Enugu, Many Pupils Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.