Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? (3546 Views)

Why The Sudden Change In Nairaland ? I Hope You All Noticed This? / Father Ezeamaka Regains Consciousness After IPOB Attack, Reveals What Happened / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Kinematics: 7:40am On Mar 06, 2021
melvinjames:
Chest beating again? These people never learn from their defeated fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Kinematics: 7:45am On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

At this point I want Nigeria intact, we got some pay back to do and Breaking away won't do justice to millions of Igbos dead, Nigeria must pay. From the way Nnamdi kanu is going, I'm beginning to think he is up to some revenge mission and he is better off with his Robin hood style in Nigeria

No more biafla again? Last time I checked you wanted to throw all of us from Rivers State our fatherland into the Atlantic ocean, then claim the land for biafla.

What has changed since then?

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by DeltaFire: 7:54am On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:
I have observed, there seems to be a shift on Igbos on every social media platform these days.

Seems like most are shaking off the psychological effects of the civil war and years of constant stigma, and rising to their feets. People are speaking more boldly, more and more people are now owning our identity.

Who/ what do we thank for this mental shift?

BEAUTIFUL!

It is all because of the Constitutional Force Majeure (Confom) declared by NINAS that has given all the ethnic nationalities of the Alliance Territory ie South and Middle Belt, our SELF-DETERMINATION back.

From this Confom will rise 4 new nations.

Ndi Igbo are happy and we are looking forward to a new future. We know that it is a bright future for all our brothers too from the SS ethnic nationalities.

Long live Lower Niger Bloc!

grin

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by EzeNri(m): 8:04am On Mar 06, 2021
melvinjames:
Chest beating again? These people never learn from their defeated fathers.
Says someone typing from a Beninoise IDP camp
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by BKayy: 8:06am On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:
I have observed, there seems to be a shift on Igbos on every social media platform these days.

Seems like most are shaking off the psychological effects of the civil war and years of constant stigma, and rising to their feets. People are speaking more boldly, more and more people are now owning our identity.

You'll start from Chinua Achebe. That his book "There was a country" is the turning point in Igbo identity. Then most Igbos are ashamed to say they are one outside Igbo land. Even our senators and governors then don't wear Igbo attire. Then Igbo states were trying to make their states look more like a non-igbo state. We see Imo call themselves "Imolites" then Anambra people outside the state try to call themselves "Anambrarians", Abia "Abians", Delta state was officially a none Igbo state and the true Igbos were hiding from themselves. Then Achebe came with that book. It caused an uproar, Nigeria shook, politicians were shocked, Lagos was on fire. There were lots of media outlash on that book" There was a country". The outlash was so great that media (most especially Yoruba media) started interviewing people on the streets of Lagos on how they see the book (You can go and confirm this. It is on the Internet). The ordinary citizens rained abuses on Achebe. Even ordinary yoruba men made him an object of ridicule. They called him and Igbo un printable names (Then making fun of Igbo people is no big deal unlike now in Nigeria. Then most comedy in Nigeria were about Igbo. Half of Night of a thousand laugh was about making mockery of Igbo then. I remember then when Nigga raw was brought to perform in a comedy show in Kaduna, everybody got up and left)..... Will continue later

5 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 8:08am On Mar 06, 2021
Kinematics:

No more biafla again? Last time I checked you wanted to through all of us from Rivers State our fatherland into the Atlantic ocean, then claim the land for biafla.

Oga, I never talk about Biafra, I spoke about Igbo Province/Republic and that statement is very much valid If you try to hold back any Igbo Igbo territories
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by BKayy: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2021
Kinematics:

No more biafla again? Last time I checked you wanted to through all of us from Rivers State our fatherland into the Atlantic ocean, then claim the land for biafla.

Ogogoro drinker nobody wants Ijaw people. Stop attaching your self to Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by EzeNri(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2021
stonemasonn:
lol, payback. The only difference between you and a Fulani man is that the other conceals his thoughts...while
Do you really think Awolowo will starve innocent Biafrans and his descendants will go scot free? Just like that?

You guys are joking.

We will avenge them even if Biafra comes today. You can't kill 3 million non combatants Biafrans and expect to live the rest of your lives in peace.

MB has atoned for their sins. We have forgiven them, at least Benue alone lost 500k souls during the war according to their own report

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Kinematics: 8:16am On Mar 06, 2021
BKayy:

[s]Ogogoro drinker nobody wants Ijaw people. Stop attaching your self to Igbo[/s]

Wonders shall never end. See this grand daddy of attachee by force grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by BKayy: 8:19am On Mar 06, 2021
Kinematics:

Wonders shall never end. See this grand daddy of attachee by force grin
Stop moving from pillar to post to attach your self to Ikwerre and other Igbo people in Rivers and Delta.
Have some dignity.
I remember those years you used to claim Ikwerre before breeze blew and we saw fowls otule. The otule come dey smell Ijaw ijaw

3 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 8:19am On Mar 06, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded cannot come through if Nigeria remains the delinquent structure stood up by delusional British.
We take it back to the Structure Before Ironsi was killed, Ironsi did not abolish the regions and we can have back our region of East central without any constitutional amendment,
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Kinematics: 9:14am On Mar 06, 2021
BKayy:

[s]Stop moving from pillar to post to attach your self to Ikwerre and other Igbo people in Rivers and Delta.
Have some dignity.
I remember those years you used to claim Ikwerre before breeze blew and we saw fowls otule. The otule come dey smell Ijaw ijaw[/s]

Show me in any post of mine where I have claimed any tribe grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by stonemasonn: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2021
EzeNri:

Do you really think Awolowo will starve innocent Biafrans and his descendants will go scot free? Just like that?

You guys are joking.

We will avenge them even if Biafra comes today. You can't kill 3 million non combatants Biafrans and expect to live the rest of your lives in peace.

MB has atoned for their sins. We have forgiven them, at least Benue alone lost 500k souls during the war according to their own report
Goodluck in trying.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Penguin2: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:

The Fulani have taken our place as the most hated tribe.

And the rest of Nigeria have come to agree that we were justified to have fought the war with recent Fulani rascality against other ethnicity.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

At this point I want Nigeria intact, [s]we got some pay back to do and Breaking away won't do justice to millions of Igbos dead, Nigeria must pay. From the way Nnamdi kanu is going,[/s] I'm beginning to think he is up to some revenge mission and he is better off with his Robin hood style in Nigeria
I pity you sad
It will lead to tears
Remember Kanu is in the US

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Please lets stay and finish this game, I see Kanu security, being the biggest and the most reliable spanning large expanses, soon other countries will hire ESN, Kanu could be more relevant in Nigeria than he could be in Biafra, and Biafra is not feasible becuase me I don't really want to share a country with non Igbos
hate and delusion will consume you
What kind of stupid reasoning is this??
People like you make Igbos look dumb

melodyogonna:

What exactly are you talking about?
You can read right?
Read the emboldened
If you don't see anything wrong with that

Then I'm sorry

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

I pity you sad
It will lead to tears
Remember Kanu is in the US

theFilmtricsay
When I say pay back do you know what I mean by pay back, meanwhile Kanu is in US so what, Ogarije Ga Alota,
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

theFilmtricsay
Sorry Igbos are waking up, that's what looks it like when the table turns, they had been saying they cant share countries wit Igbos, even Some Igbos denying Being Igbo, so what is wrong if I don't want to share my beloved AlaIgbo.

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2021
Ekealterego:

Good observation... There are a combination of factors.... MNK, [s]the promotion of our culture internationally...[/s] We still have a lot of selling point and a lot to do to promote the culture... I remember when Igbo mansion trended, some chronic Igbo deniers also came out to claim Igbo just to share some of the glory... We need to promote all the good aspect aggressively and defend our people aggressively as well.

wearing European clothes every time is promoting your culture?

Snap out of this delusion

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2021
EzeNri:

You guys are joking.

lol
Awolowo starved them??
I pity your reasoning
You'd be defeated again
Its like you guys think with your mouth
This time you'd only be defeated with more casualties
Threatening us?? cheesy
Snap out of whatever you're in

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Ekealterego: 10:06am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

kanu the man that wears a rabbi's cap is promoting your culture
wearing European clothes every time is promoting your culture?

Snap out of this delusion

theFilmtricsay
A mind is a terrible thing to waste... The fact that you could not read to understand what I wrote shows the level of dumbness most of you possess. Where did I write that MNK promoted our culture?
Now take your empty brain to school... run along!!
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2021
nnamdi640:
Hope you know that yours were defeated with the help of your brother known as Afonja. Since then, Kogi and Kwara are now under the mercy of Fulani.
lol
How many people died?
Are we still living in bitterness like you guys??
Those were perfect religious wars
They succeeded in convincing the native Yoruba there to come to the new religion
And Kogi has never been Yoruba
Be guided
It seems you just grasp a bit of history and think you know
You don't know anything
Do you know how many victories the Yoruba have had??
How many conquests
Google the highest extent of the Oyo empire

A mature people always has both victories and defeats
Not only one

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by melodyogonna(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

theFilmtricsay
What exactly are you talking about?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by melodyogonna(m): 10:47am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

You can read right?
Read the emboldened
If you don't see anything wrong with that

Then I'm sorry

theFilmtricsay
What exactly do you think is wrong with it? Let's talk like normal human beings, I love learning.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:

What exactly do you think is wrong with it? Let's talk like normal human beings, I love learning.
you don't see anything wrong with that statement?? shocked

I can't imagine
So we have people like this in this country?? shocked

I have nothing more to say

I'm sorry

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:

You can thank me for that, I've been doing some numbers on them since 2011, making them realize that nobody wants anything to do with them here in Africa and the world over.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Antivirus92(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

you don't see anything wrong with that statement?? shocked

I can't imagine
So we have people like this in this country?? shocked

I have nothing more to say

I'm sorry

theFilmtricsay
a thread about ndiigbo by ndiigbo,then u jumped in uninvited with ur hatred and jealousy!

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by theFilmtric: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2021
Antivirus92:
a thread about ndiigbo by ndiigbo,then u jumped in uninvited with ur hatred and jealousy!
on Nairaland by a Nigerian
Now GTFO of my mentions

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Walkee: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2021
Was I supposed to care?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by nnamdi640: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:

lol
How many people died?
Are we still living in bitterness like you guys??
Those were perfect religious wars
They succeeded in convincing the native Yoruba there to come to the new religion
And Kogi has never been Yoruba
Be guided
It seems you just grasp a bit of history and think you know
You don't know anything
Do you know how many victories the Yoruba have had??
How many conquests
Google the highest extent of the Oyo empire

A mature people always has both victories and defeats
Not only one

theFilmtricsay
You are the one dying of bitterness,that is why you drag Igbos to the main matter as if they are responsible for the captivity of Illori.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by OGWILLS123: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Please lets stay and finish this game, I see Kanu security, being the biggest and the most reliable spanning large expanses, soon other countries will hire ESN, Kanu could be more relevant in Nigeria than he could be in Biafra, and Biafra is not feasible becuase me I don't really want to share a country with non Igbos
so this biafra of a country thing will be only abia state. I pray so bcause i can't imagine akwa ibom being a biafra state, my worst nightmare cry

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by OdumegwuOjukwu: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
melodyogonna:

Care to explain? Cos I think problem of the mind is the hardest to resolve

I meant to say you just have to believe it's in your mind and resolve not to allow it worry you.

For example, in public speaking, new speakers draws so much attention to themselves that that choke. If only the realize that no one care about many of the mistakes they made, they just want to pick a few point.

So free your mind, and resolve to be yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Disgrace A Nigeria Popular Comedian Mr Macaroni / If Amaechi Eventually Clinches APC Ticket, Only This Man Can Save PDP / Throwback : Akpabio Off The Mic Incident ( Was About Bunmi Ojo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.