Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

My Cholesterol Is High - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Cholesterol Is High (502 Views)

Please Help: My Cholesterol Test Result Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. / Why Excess Cholesterol Is Killing Many / Excess Cholesterol Is Dangerous. Get Rid Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cholesterol Is High by Haryoureendey4(m): 2:09am On Mar 06, 2021
I have been feeling pains in my left chest for the past 2yrs, do come and go but didn't take it serious, i would just walk to pharmacy shop and get drug. at times it would relief me at times it won't. Until one faithful day i walked to pharmacy shop again nd i met a doctor there, explained my condition to him, he checked my BP but it's normal. Nd he asked me to come to his lab the following day, early morning with empty stomach. I went, did blood test, result came out that my Cholesterol level is high which is 280 for 26yrs old. He recommended a drug for me (Astorvastatin) 1per day every night which i have been using for the past 3weeks now. told me i will use it for 3months after 3months i should come back for the test again. but where i am having issue is, still no changes, nd what i have read online about having high cholesterol is scary infact some youtube videos i watched is what i am experiencing, squeezing of the left chest pain, weakness of the foot as if something is moving there, pain in veins etc...

Please how can I reduce this cholesterol faster, i would appreciate any drug or natural intake substance. I don't eat fatty foods, i don't drink alcohol neither smoke...

Thanks looking forward to hear from you all
Re: My Cholesterol Is High by Juliearth(f): 4:42am On Mar 06, 2021
Haryoureendey4:
I have been feeling pains in my left chest for the past 2yrs, do come and go but didn't take it serious, i would just walk to pharmacy shop and get drug. at times it would relief me at times it won't. Until one faithful day i walked to pharmacy shop again nd i met a doctor there, explained my condition to him, he checked my BP but it's normal. Nd he asked me to come to his lab the following day, early morning with empty stomach. I went, did blood test, result came out that my Cholesterol level is high which is 280 for 26yrs old. He recommended a drug for me (Astorvastatin) 1per day every night which i have been using for the past 3weeks now. told me i will use it for 3months after 3months i should come back for the test again. but where i am having issue is, still no changes, nd what i have read online about having high cholesterol is scary infact some youtube videos i watched is what i am experiencing, squeezing of the left chest pain, weakness of the foot as if something is moving there, pain in veins etc...

Please how can I reduce this cholesterol faster, i would appreciate any drug or natural intake substance. I don't eat fatty foods, i don't drink alcohol neither smoke...

Thanks looking forward to hear from you all

These drugs cannot do much to change your situation bro. You need to make some lifestyle adjustments. First, you must be active. Involve in 40 minutes of active walking daily. You can choose to do 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. If your strength allows you. You can substitute walking for running/jogging.

Your diet needs to be greatly modified. Please avoid oils, meat and junks for now. Eat only fish containing less oil. You can prep your meals without oil (wish I can go into details on this, but that would take forever). Avoid alcoholic beverages. Eat your veggies. Thank God garden eggs and cucumber are in season. Drink lots of water..

First thing in the morning, in a mug containing 1 litre of water, add some lemon juice and ginger (if you have turmeric, you can add some). Drink the whole of it on an empty stomach...

Please don't take this condition for granted as this may deteriorate to worse health condition. I wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: My Cholesterol Is High by Haryoureendey4(m): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2021
Juliearth:

These drugs cannot do much to change your situation bro. You need to make some lifestyle adjustments. First, you must be active. Involve in 40 minutes of active walking daily. You can choose to do 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. If your strength allows you. You can substitute walking for running/jogging.

Your diet needs to be greatly modified. Please avoid oils, meat and junks for now. Eat only fish containing less oil. You can prep your meals without oil (wish I can go into details on this, but that would take forever). Avoid alcoholic beverages. Eat your veggies. Thank God garden eggs and cucumber are in season. Drink lots of water..

First thing in the morning, in a mug containing 1 litre of water, add some lemon juice and ginger (if you have turmeric, you can add some). Drink the whole of it on an empty stomach...

Please don't take this condition for granted as this may deteriorate to worse health condition. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks for ur precision time taken to give me all these tips, would try them out hopefully i regain my normal health
Re: My Cholesterol Is High by Juliearth(f): 2:13am On Mar 07, 2021
Haryoureendey4:
Thanks for ur precision time taken to give me all these tips, would try them out hopefully i regain my normal health

You will, by the grace of God. Take care!

(1) (Reply)

The Death Toll Reaches 20 As Two More Are Found Dead At The Site Of A Collapsed / My Pubic Area Always Itch When I Use Shaving Stick, Is There Any Alternative / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.