Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! (12168 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by wales(m): 6:53am On Apr 12, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan and his main challenger Gen Muhammadu Buhari have intensified their efforts to ensure victory at the April 16 presidential election by courting Action Congress of Nigeria strongman Bola Tinubu. ACN’s strong showing in the parliamentary polls means the party will play a crucial role in deciding who wins the presidential election.

Sources told Daily Trust yesterday that President Jonathan met with Tinubu in Lagos where he offered the ACN strongman a quarter of his cabinet posts in return for South West’s votes.

It was not clear if Tinubu had accepted the offer which would translate into millions of votes for Jonathan in the South West and guarantee him the presidency.

Gen Buhari also yesterday met with members of the Northern Political Leaders Forum who urged him to go ahead and conclude the power sharing agreement he had earlier started with Tinubu.

Buhari who flew into Abuja at noon attended the meeting which had former military President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser Gen Aliyu Gusau, former Inspector-General of Police M.D. Yusufu and former minister of finance Malam Adamu Ciroma in attendance.

Sources close to the meeting said Buhari had asked the group to negotiate with Tinubu on his behalf and pledged to accept the outcome.

Daily Trust further learnt that Tinubu had agreed to ask ACN’s presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu and his running mate Fola Adeola to step down with a caveat that Buhari’s running mate Pastor Tunde Bakare will agree to step down even if after the polls.

Buhari’s CPC and ACN had entered into merger talks which later collapsed due to some irreconcilable differences like under which platform will the joint candidate run, among others

When contacted the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP Prof Rufai Ahmed Alkali said he would not comment on the issue.

But the ACN National Secretary Lawal Shuaibu said, “Tell anybody who cares to listen that there was never any meeting between Tinubu and Jonathan. But we learnt that a Lagos based entertainment guru went to beg Tinubu to help Jonathan and that is what is being peddled as you are putting it. Wait for Saturday and see.”

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16758:jonathan-buhari-woo-tinubu&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2011
we dey laugh ohhhh
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 6:57am On Apr 12, 2011
we dey laugh wellu wellu

Sai Tinubu
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by EzeUche(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2011
Disgusting!

Tinubu can never be a king maker.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2011
lol 1/4 of posts in his government?

i dont know bout dat dis GEK can lie we need it in writing or broad casted
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2011
LOL! I thought Tinubu was not an important man again? undecided

Unimportant men don't get wooed.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Beaf: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2011
Kai! Daily Trust and their exageration! They want to put the fear of God into aboki.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Kilode1: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2011
Tinubu L'oko Iya won. . . cheesy

No carrots though. Tinubu should be offering GEJ Lagos LASTMA appointment. tongue
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2011
I will take 1/4 anyday anytime

I doubt the veracity of the report though!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:04am On Apr 12, 2011
Love him or hate him, gotta give Tinubu his props. Dude is a beast. Much respect, dude cool
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by efisher(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ has the yam, ACN has the knife, Buhari is the spectator.
Either way, Bakare will be the biggest loser of all. He just destroyed his reputation for the hope of riding in a private jet. Now he is being traded like a commodity in the political market. Lol!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2011
hahah acn/tinubu/ akande/ etc should turn it down.

and keep with ribadu and adeola in the future 2015 this same scenario will unwrap again its going to be so funny

fstranger3:

I will take 1/4 anyday anytime

I doubt the veracity of the report though!

GEJ can lie ohh
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2011
I'm a bit concerned that the cabal is negotiating for Buhari though undecided
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OAM4J: 7:07am On Apr 12, 2011
This is becoming too dirty for my liking. Just hope it's not true.

EzeUche:

Disgusting!

Tinubu can never be a king maker.

GEJ is offering Tinubu  a quarter of his cabinet posts, I hope Ohaneze got similar percentage sha, else it's about time you re-negotiate. grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Dave6: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2011
Buhari who flew into Abuja at noon attended the meeting  which had former military President Ibrahim Babangida,  former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser Gen Aliyu Gusau, former Inspector-General of Police M. D. Yusufu and former minister of finance Malam Adamu Ciroma in attendance.

Na which kind Change wan come with this?
See the people Buhari run go do meeting with. I wonder who remain for am to probe if e enter office.

They'll receive a real shocker this Saturday!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2011
OAM4J:

GEJ is offering Tinubu a quarter of his cabinet posts, I hope Ohaneze got similar percentage sha, else it's about time you re-negotiate. grin

heheheh lol
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2011
OAM4J:

GEJ is offering Tinubu  a quarter of his cabinet posts, I[b] hope Ohaneze got similar percentage sha,[/b] else it's about time you re-negotiate. grin

For where!

They spoke too soon. Stupiddd people! grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:09am On Apr 12, 2011
fstranger3:

For where!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2011
fstranger3:

For where!

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

remember your quote: Speak softly, carry a big stick.

TO ohaneze, its the opposite.

I dey laugh 000000
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Kilode1: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm a bit concerned that the cabal is negotiating for Buhari though undecided

I'll take a Buhari offer, can't trust this establishment PDP. Let ACN ally with CPC and end all these rumors. It's time to feed PDP the humble pie and eat their lunch.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OAM4J: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2011
abeg, I no fit laugh o grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2011
I must say. This has turned out better than I could have expected. Remember all those saying before that ACN should step down, fold, merge into CPC?

Clearly Tinubu knew what he was doing better than some of these internet pundits.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

I must say. This has turned out better than I could have expected. Remember all those saying before that ACN should step down, fold, merge into CPC?

Clearly Tinubu knew what he was doing better than some of these internet pundits.

He kept his options open!

One man, better than the whole of Ndigbo? I no fit shout ooooooo
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

I'll take a Buhari offer, can't trust this establishment PDP. Let ACN ally with CPC and end all these rumors. It's time to feed PDP the humble pie and eat their lunch.

i wouldnt take either in 2015 when ACN is even larger this oppurtunity will come up again - I KNOW for a fact.

one cannot ignore ACN in the scheme of things.

lol tinubu na bad guy
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

I'm fine with that. But these cabalistic Northerners must be kept out of power, lest they ruin the country.

Let the ACN select a team of technocrats to run the country, initiate most of the major decisions. Buhari is good at fighting corruption, but a poor strategist and tactician.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OAM4J: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2011
If the report is true and those people are truly the ones negotiating for Buhari, honestly the man go fall my hand and I will prefer that everyone/party answers his fathers name, and wait till there is a run-off.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:24am On Apr 12, 2011
OAM4J:

If the report is true and those people are truly the ones negotiating for Buhari, honestly the man go fall my hand and I will prefer that everyone/party answers his fathers name, and wait till there is a run-off.

The guy is a dumbo. Stop acting like you didnt know already

There is nothing wrong with our educational system; of course! grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2011
CPC aint got nothing to offer ACN- buhari is just dum.b no NE or NW-

cpc didnt win much reps or senators, its that same old northerners way of thinking president by all means dont make any sense.

CPC president, acn/pdp govs rep and sens? that deal isnt worth it

HAVING A PRESIDENCY WHO IS OUTNUMBERED BY PDP is dumb as hell.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2011
If Tinubu cuts any deals, it better be signed in the presence of the US, Canadian, British, French ambassador and a copy sent to the UN. I don't really trust either of these dudes, to be quite honest. . .
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Kilode1: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm fine with that. But these cabalistic Northerners must be kept out of power, lest they ruin the country.

Let the ACN select a team of technocrats to run the country, initiate most of the major decisions. Buhari is good at fighting corruption, but a poor strategist and tactician.

That is why he needs ACN and the young progressive business savvy technocrats they seem to attract. I hope Utomi will come on board too. Let's kill backward old school PDP  tongue
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2011
All the PDP northerners will dump PDP to join CPC if Buhari wins.

They are trying to have their cake and eat it, by not entering CPC directly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eligibility Suit: Senator Igbeke Sues APC, Buhari For Constitution Breaches / EFCC Re-arraigns Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed For N1.2bn Fraud / Ohaneze Deceiving Buhari, Atiku, Can’t Influence Igbo Voting – Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.