Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND (11015 Views)

Questions Trail Execution Of TETfund Projects In UNILAG, FUTA / TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / Ngozi Marion Emmanuel, UNIZIK Youngest Lecturer, Wins N45M TETFund Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 06, 2021
The Ogun State Commissioner for Education on Friday inaugurated 280-seater capacity Information Communication Technology (ICT) laboratory project at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), Abeokuta, funded by
Technical Education Fund (Tetfund).

The Commissioner, Prof. Abayomi Arigbabu while commissioning the project, commended the institution for moving in tandem with the vision of Gov. Dapo Abiodun, stressing that technology remained important and paramount to the development of the education sector.

The commissioner stated that the governor had also mandated the ministry of education to ensure that it introduced technology at primary and secondary schools.

His words: ” I am really impressed with this facility because the polytechnic management seems to be moving in tandem with the vision
of the governor.

"Looking at what is happening now all over the world with the pandemic that is troubling all of us we have seen that teaching and learning can not be achieved on the face to face level alone.

“These days you have to blend the face to face teaching with virtual teaching and in fact, there should be more of virtual teaching and to achieve virtual teaching technology is needed.

“What MAPOLY has done with this provision of the ICT facility will aid teaching and learning, it will also help them with Computer Based Test
(CBT) examination.

"It will also help for UTME and Post UTME examination, all the general courses that requires CBT, that is large classes could be done with this type of facility.

“We are going to have resource centres across the state with 36 flagship schools both secondary and primary schools , those will be the pilot where we start from, ” he said.

Arigbabu assured that the present administration would continue to accord the education sector necessary support, saying that it remained the bedrock of any developed nation.

The Acting Rector of the polytechnic, Dr. Adeoye Odedeji, said the new ICT laboratory would enhance the learning process of the institution,
saying that E- learning had come to stay in modern education.

He reaffirmed that the project would not only help the students of the institution, but would be an advantage to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and other academic purposes.

Odedeji revealed that Tetfund provided the funds for the procurement of the facilities at the centre while the state government renovated the centre.

The Rector therefore applauded the giant strides of the government towards ensuring that education take its priority, promising that the
institution would continue to produce worthy ambassadors for the state.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/ogun-government-inaugurates-n80m-mapoly-tetfund-projects/

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by christejames(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2021
Hmm...

Corruption indeed is fighting Buhari.

Give me 10 Million and I will provide a better equipped facility than this overpriced project I am seeing here.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by extol1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
if the presidency can use 10 billion naira to transport vaccine to state, then u people try by using this amount of money to erect this project
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by merits(m): 5:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by BUSHHUNTER: 5:46am On Mar 07, 2021
Mapoly

Glorified and advanced secondary school.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Amastermovic(m): 5:47am On Mar 07, 2021
Greatest Mapaite. But mapoly get enough computer centre now . TETFUND is really doing great THINGS in mapoly ,

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by ivorianphoto(m): 5:49am On Mar 07, 2021
Good
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Ojahman: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2021
christejames:
Hmm...

Give me 10 Million and I will provide a better equipped facility than this overpriced project I am seeing here.
And where was the contract sum stated in the write-up?

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by collinometricx: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Hiw much them build this thing
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2021
christejames:
Hmm...

k
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Ojahman:

And where was the contract sum stated in the write-up?
k
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Amastermovic(m): 5:51am On Mar 07, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Mapoly

Glorified and advanced secondary school.

Una don start . A school approved to be a university of technology due to their facilities and level of her teaching staff .. Always trying to soil other institutions in mud

9 Likes

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by donprincebigt(m): 5:55am On Mar 07, 2021
sku wey no Sabi wetin Dem dey do
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Monogamy: 6:03am On Mar 07, 2021
Nice one
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by tigook: 6:05am On Mar 07, 2021
Looks like a cyber café

I don't think anyone of those people in that picture can even operate the computers.
The systems are not even uniform. I'm sure they are cheap ones. Why can't they buy the same type all round?
Foul play for sure
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Freedomforever(m): 6:08am On Mar 07, 2021
Good ,we need more of this in our institution
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by anochuko01(m): 6:10am On Mar 07, 2021
Amastermovic:

Una don start . A school approved to be a university of technology due to their facilities and level of her teaching staff .. Always trying to soil other institutions in mud
Lol wetin dey mapoly? undecided undecided undecided

Yabatech and ilaro never turn university of technology, na mapoly them wan give. It's because of it's a state poly sha.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Alejobs: 6:14am On Mar 07, 2021
angry
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by itsmayiela(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2021
christejames:
Hmm...

And who told you they spent up to 10 million naira in setting up the centre?
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Mindlog: 6:50am On Mar 07, 2021
A year from now, a good. number of the computers would have packed up and gathering dust in a corner of the lab
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by RuddyFusion(m): 6:56am On Mar 07, 2021
Looks crappy in this modern era.....idiots have cashed out with this..
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by SEGLIZ: 7:07am On Mar 07, 2021
christejames:
Hmm...

it is so shameful none of our institutions is up to the African standard let alone world standard.
the worse of it is they would localise the commissioning of if. must we commission everything? this idiots go as far commissioning a single room/seat public toilet, the ancient and out dated manual borehole.
out leaders are just naturally and unrepentantly evil.

2 Likes

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2021
We are not hearing anything from South East Higher institution except High tution fee. Wetin dey shele for that place?
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2021
Just imagine how scrambled up things are. No aesthetics. Just built to milk out enough money for the pockets. There should be judgement pretty soon
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2021
That's nice.
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Amastermovic(m): 7:48am On Mar 07, 2021
anochuko01:

Lol wetin dey mapoly? undecided undecided undecided

Yabatech and ilaro never turn university of technology, na mapoly them wan give. It's because of it's a state poly sha.

They wan gve or its already approved and in jamb portal..this is what people keep saying about private university before they came to prove all past glory out and rank best among other's..
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by Neoteny(m): 7:50am On Mar 07, 2021
A few low power desktops don't count as a "computer lab", whatever that means.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by flexyrule(m): 7:53am On Mar 07, 2021
christejames:
Hmm...

That's not possible!
Re: MAPOLY inaugurates 280-Seater ICT Lab Funded By TETFUND by chatinent: 7:57am On Mar 07, 2021
We aren't supposed to praise them.

It's their duties.

This is why they are paid.

This is why we pay them via our taxes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Bills Establishing Adeyemi Federal University Of Education Ondo / Sample Research Project Topics / Weirdest, Oddest And Most Amazing World Records.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.