Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition (5267 Views)

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

You are wise! God took mud and breathed into it to create human beings, but silly human beings go here and there looking for the God that dwells in the Kingdom that God built that is within them.

I’m just curious Ms. Ma’am.
So, when you say mud, do you mean regular mud or something else?

Is everything mud or just humans? I mean are other fauna and flora mud too?

When you say breathed into it, I picture a giant casually picking up mud people and blowing into their noses. Am I in the ballpark?
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong thinking, Existence Always means it is Identifiable, Verifiable and Evidenced.

Thus, the reasonable question that arises is "Where is it? Is it in or out?" Not is it in existence?

Now, you do not have a problem of Existence but of "Location" and Place!

You have jumped to a second step of "where" "it" is, before defining "what" "it" actually is. You must after all know the "what" of it before you start looking "where" for it, don't you think?

So I ask again, "what is God"?

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Martian:

I’m just curious Ms. Ma’am.
So, when you say mud, do you mean regular mud or something else?

Is everything mud or just humans? I mean are other fauna and flora mud too?

When you say breathed into it, I picture a giant casually picking up mud people and blowing into their noses. Am I in the ballpark?

It is metaphorical speak, Martian. Not to be taken literally as something that actually literally happened, but to be understood allegorically.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

It is metaphorical speak, Martian. Not to be taken literally as something that actually literally happened, but to be understood allegorically.

Ok, I wanted to be sure because some take it literally.

What is the meaning of the allegory? Your understanding of it

You are wise! God took mud and breathed into it to create human beings, but silly human beings go here and there looking for the God that dwells in the Kingdom that God built that is within them.

“ You are wise! God took mud and breathed into it to create human beings, but silly human beings go here and there looking for the God that dwells in the Kingdom that God built that is within them.”
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

You have jumped to a second step of "where" "it" is, before defining "what" "it" actually is. You must after all know the "what" of it before you start looking "where" for it, don't you think?

So I ask again, "what is God"?

No, I skipped nothing for you clearly said and presented

budaatum:

...A thought does not exist outside your head, for instance, but yet you are thinking thoughts inside your head. How?

Interpretation- Thoughts Do Not Exist Outside, but Exist Inside.

Therefore, by your words, you have settled the "Existence" of Thoughts and then you settled the "Location" (the Where) of the Thoughts!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
Martian:

Ok, I wanted to be sure because some take it literally.

What is the meaning of the allegory? Your understanding of it?

My understanding of it is that any God that must exist must exist inside human beings.

Or to be more precise, and since Gods do not seem to exist for all humans:

"Gods only exist in the heads of those who create Gods inside their own heads".
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No, I skipped nothing for you clearly said and presented

Interpretation- Thoughts Do Not Exist Outside, but Exist Inside.

Therefore, by your words, you have settled the "Existence" of Thoughts and then you settled the "Location" (the Where) of the Thoughts!

And I said where Gods exist, "inside the heads of those who create Gods in their heads", which clearly settles the "where".

Or would you like to suggest some other place where Gods might exist?

2 Likes

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

My understanding of it is that any God that must exist must exist inside human beings.

Or to be more precise, and since Gods do not seem to exist for all humans:

"Gods only exist in the heads of those who create Gods inside their own heads".

God exists in people’s minds?
Well, it’s always been that way and It will always be that way. Gods perish with the people who believe in them. History is the graveyard of the gods and soon enough Jesus will either join the Avengers like Thor or he will die.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
Martian:

God exists in people’s minds?
Well, it’s always been that way and It will always be that way. Gods perish with the people who believe in them. History is the graveyard of the gods and soon enough Jesus will either join the Avengers like Thor or he will die.

You may want to check The Graveyard Of Dead Gods to be absolutely certain, Martian.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

And I said where Gods exist, "inside the heads of those who create Gods in their heads", which clearly settles the "where"

grin As you have just admitted, you have settled "the Where", therefore setting "the Existence" Subject, which further shows you that you have settled the inconsistency and contradiction of your statement

budaatum:

I repeat!

Gods do not exist except in the heads of those who create Gods inside their own heads

Which I told you was flawed!

budaatum:

Or would you like to suggest some other place where Gods might exist?

In my opinion God and Creator are One and The Same, thus, by The Law that "A Creator is Always outside His Creations", God, is therefore Outside, Above and Beyond Us, the creation!

So that's "where" in my opinion you can Find He Who is God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin As you have just admitted, you have settled "the Where", therefore setting "the Existence" Subject, which further shows you that you have settled the inconsistency and contradiction of your statement

Which I told you was flawed!

In my opinion God and Creator are One and The Same, thus, by The Law that "A Creator is Always outside His Creations", God, is therefore Outside, Above and Beyond Us, the creation!

The word Law ceases to have any meaning the way this fool uses it.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Same, thus, by The Law that "A Creator is Always outside His Creations", God, is therefore Outside, Above and Beyond Us, the creation!

By the Law of Dtruthspeaker? Because I can not say I have come upon any such law myself.

Perhaps you might want to point me in the general direction outside where I can find the God you are talking about please?
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
Martian:

The word Law ceases to have any meaning the way this fool uses it.

I'd still like to understand how he has used it, and where he got the law from.

One must not assume, you know.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

I'd still like to understand how he has used it, and where he got the law from.

One must not assume, you know.

You’re right. However, this is based on how he uses it.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

By the Law of Dtruthspeaker? Because I can not say I have come upon any such law myself.

Perhaps you might want to point me in the general direction outside where I can find the God you are talking about please?

grin No sir, not my Law but The Law of Nature and Living on earth.

Eg, the creator of the laptop, cars and phones is not inside them, but outside them.

The Producer of Plants, Animals and Man as seen and evidenced in Nature is Outside them.

A farm with crops is made by man outside the farm, 2 animals outside "create" a replica animal inside; it was man and woman outside who "created" mini-man (babies) inside.

Thus, The Evident Nature's Law that "A Creator is Always Outside the thing He creates"!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Producer of Plants, Animals and Man as seen and evidenced in Nature is Outside them.

This is absolute nonsensical conjecture based on the crap you have created inside your head!

You have made the assumption that "Plants, Animals and Man" are created like "laptop, cars and phones", and then you have lied that you have "seen" evidence of a "Producer" which you pulled out of thin air and then claimed is a law!

Sorry, but the mind of buda is far too evolved and developed and advanced for humpty dumpty wuruwuru lazy unthinking like that!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

Now you are getting there. I buda created Gods inside my own head after being an atheist for longer than you have lived, in order to understand those who create Gods in their own heads so that I may be able to better know and love my fellow human beings.

Its like learning how humans have been programmed in order to better understand humans.

I see.
I also hope you understand Hell Victorinho despite the fact that his head has no space for any God.
Love remains another issue.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

This is absolute nonsensical conjecture based on the crap you have created inside your head!

You have made the assumption that "Plants, Animals and Man" are created like "laptop, cars and phones", and then you have lied that you have "seen" evidence of a "Producer" which you pulled out of thin air and then claimed is a law!

Sorry, but the mind of buda is far too evolved and developed and advanced for humpty dumpty wuruwuru lazy unthinking like that!

Whatever you say,

But it seen and known that every farmer (Outside) is the one who planted his crops in the soil called farm as Proven in Agricultural Section
here in nairaland Yet you say it is a Lie, and you say it is No Law

Even in spit and spite of this Declaration.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Thus, all Farmers Like me are Liars and that which they harvest, is a Lie Also!

Okay oh!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I see.
I also hope you understand Hell Victorinho despite the fact that his head has no space for any God.
Love remains another issue.

Not everyone is understood by Gods, Hell. Some are programmed by hell too, and very many other things, but the best person to determine if they are understood is the person being understood.

As for your "no space for any God". When you have time, let me know the proportion of your posts in the religious section please, so we can determine from the objective evidence whether Gods occupy your space and time or not.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Whatever you say,

But it seen and known that every farmer (Outside) is the one who planted his crops in the soil called farm as Proven in Agricultural Section here in nairaland Yet you say it is a Lie, and you say it is No Law

Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Okay oh!

The issue is that you are using unnecessary comparisons/illustrations/analogies.
You assume humans are created then you assume the creator must be outside since computers have creators and their creators are outside them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Whatever you say,

But it seen and known that every farmer (Outside) is the one who planted his crops in the soil called farm as Proven in Agricultural Section here in nairaland Yet you say it is a Lie, and you say it is No Law

Okay oh!

You just have not provided any evidence or proof that your God is a farmer or a maker of "laptop, cars and phones", or that you have seen what you claim to have seen is all, and as you very well know, buda is very unlikely to just take your word for it and believe you. Sorry.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The issue is that you are using unnecessary comparisons/illustrations/analogies.
You assume humans are created then you assume the creator must be outside since computers have creators and their creators are outside them.

We are talking about Nature and the things Seen in Nature, thus the best Explanation of Nature Should be and Must be Nature Itself.

Which is why I of necessity Used the things Seen in Nature to Explain and Exhibit the System of things Seen in Nature!

And I humbly ask, are the events which I presented Untrue?

The Law condemneth No.one Unless he is "guilty"

So I humbly ask any and all fair minded souls out there, by your consciences can I be Truly held guilty of Lying?
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

You just have not provided any evidence or proof that your God is a farmer or a maker of "laptop, cars and phones", or that you have seen what you claim to have seen is all, and as you very well know, buda is very unlikely to just take your word for it and believe you. Sorry.

If Direct Verifiable Physical Evidence and Proof such as Farmers and their Farms, Herdsmen and their Cattles or Mother and Child Hospitals do not prove The Truth of my Assertion, then Nothing else can or will!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

Not everyone is understood by Gods, Hell. Some are programmed by hell too, and very many other things, but the best person to determine if they are understood is the person being understood.

As for your "no space for any God". When you have time, let me know the proportion of your posts in the religious section please, so we can determine from the objective evidence whether Gods occupy your space and time or not.

Do you understand me,now?
I want a yes or a no.
I am not talking about yesterday or tomorrow.
I am talking about now.
Concerning my space and time, reading or replying posts on Nairaland occupies part of my time.
But the thing is that I don't think about Gods.
I don't think about the things written in the Bible or Quran or any book like that.
But I may ask questions that involve God when I still come across people that think about Gods or think about the things written in the Bible or Quran or any book like that.
I may respond to anything that involves God but it doesn't mean I think about God.
The word God exists in my memory or my vocabulary but it has no imaginary pictorial representation in the same head.
It has no meaning in my head except the one that the dictionary gives or the one that the Bible gives.
Let's just say I can still remember what I have read or heard concerning God but my philosophy and thoughts don't find those definitions logical.
I think the definitions of Gods/Spirits by the Bible/Dictionary/People that believe or claim to know them make no sense so Gods/Spirits can't exist.
So, I have a reasoning which states that I shouldn't think about the word *God* anymore because I have thought about it and the result of my thinking about it is that *GOD* is not a word that refers to something that exists or something that has a form.
It refers to an imaginary thing.
Ultimately, I used to think about the writings in the Bible,God and people's views about God but that was BEFORE.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We are talking about Nature and the things Seen in Nature, thus the best Explanation of Nature Should be and Must be Nature Itself.

Which is why I of necessity Used the things Seen in Nature to Explain and Exhibit the System of things Seen in Nature!

And I humbly ask, are the events which I presented Untrue?

The Law condemneth No.one Unless he is "guilty"

So I humbly ask any and all fair minded souls out there, by your consciences can I be Truly held guilty of Lying?

It's true that humans make computers but that doesn't mean humans were created by anyone.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

It's true that humans make computers but that doesn't mean humans were created by anyone.

Did man Truly make himself?,
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did man Truly make himself?,
He just appeared.
The first humans appeared as fully-grown adult species in various places across the Earth.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

He just appeared.
The first humans appeared as fully-grown adult species in various places across the Earth.

This does not answer the question, "Did man make himself?

For I did not ask Where did man come from?

I clearly asked whether man, made or created or manufactured himself, irrespective of where (the Place) such creation or manufacture or making occurred.

Thus, Did man make himself?

Just as you were very precise and conclusive in stating that man, made computers, could you be precise in stating

Did man make himself?
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Image123(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

Have you not heard of the Parable of the Orangutan? The orangutan had no faith and did not know God, yet Jesus said, "Go and do likewise".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7

Faith and love are both commanded by God/Jesus. None is a substitute for the other. The same Jesus Christ says "Have faith in God", did you read? The OP is on about the importance or usefulness of faith. If it was about love or patience or some other virtue, then i would also deal in the direction.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2021
For a person who does not think about Gods you sure write about Gods a lot. You count how many times you mentioned Gods. If you mentioned Gods that many times without thinking about God, I'd worry about you. Even your name has Gods in it, HellVictorinho!

HellVictorinho:

Do you understand me,now?
I want a yes or a no.
I am not talking about yesterday or tomorrow.
I am talking about now.
Concerning my space and time, reading or replying posts on Nairaland occupies part of my time.
But the thing is that I don't think about Gods.
I don't think about the things written in the Bible or Quran or any book like that.
But I may ask questions that involve God when I still come across people that think about Gods or think about the things written in the Bible or Quran or any book like that.
I may respond to anything that involves God but it doesn't mean I think about God.
The word God exists in my memory or my vocabulary but it has no imaginary pictorial representation in the same head.
It has no meaning in my head except the one that the dictionary gives or the one that the Bible gives.
Let's just say I can still remember what I have read or heard concerning God but my philosophy and thoughts don't find those definitions logical.
I think the definitions of Gods/Spirits by the Bible/Dictionary/People that believe or claim to know them make no sense so Gods/Spirits can't exist.
So, I have a reasoning which states that I shouldn't think about the word *God* anymore because I have thought about it and the result of my thinking about it is that *GOD* is not a word that refers to something that exists or something that has a form.
It refers to an imaginary thing.
Ultimately, I used to think about the writings in the Bible,God and people's views about God but that was BEFORE.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This does not answer the question, "Did man make himself?

For I did not ask Where did man come from?

I clearly asked whether man, made or created or manufactured himself, irrespective of where (the Place) such creation or manufacture or making occurred.

Thus, Did man make himself?

Just as you were very precise and conclusive in stating that man, made computers, could you be precise in stating

Did man make himself?

It's impossible for anything to make itself.
It's also impossible for certain things to be created.
Living things can't be created but they can be destroyed or killed.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:
For a person who does not think about Gods you sure write about Gods a lot. You count how many times you mentioned Gods. If you mentioned Gods that many times without thinking about God, I'd worry about you. Even your name has Gods in it, HellVictorinho!

I don't write about Gods a lot.
I only state that they can't exist.
My name is Hell but it doesn't mean I think about Gods.
Why should I think about something that can't exist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTO: Satan is taking over. satanic symbols saturate earth / Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls / Athiesm The "No God" Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.