Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition (5228 Views)

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Even Google has nothing logical concerning God.
No book has anything logical concerning God.

My good man, but we both know you do not read books, so how can you know if there is anything logical in books you never read?

Before you respond again without thinking, please state just 3 books about Gods that you've read or I shall write you off as illogical concerning sense and brain use and not worth responding to.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
budaatum:

My good man, but we both know you do not read books, so how can you know if there is anything logical in books you never read?

Before you respond again without thinking, please state just 3 books about Gods that you've read or I shall write you off as illogical concerning sense and brain use and not worth responding to.

I have read the Bible, Rhapsody of Realities, Open Heavens,ETC.
But Google has more writings than any book in the world concerning God.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I have read the Bible, Rhapsody of Realities, Open Heavens,ETC.
But Google has more writings than any book in the world concerning God.

But none of those are about the history of Gods, hell! In fact, I'd call the last two brainwashing books, and you do lie about reading the Bible because it is obvious you never read it! But even if you believe you have read it, you have definitely not read enough to know what you are talking about and your lack of knowledge is actually glaringly and embarrassingly obvious. So let me suggest some books that might interest you and definitely inform you.

The first I choose for you so you can understand how Gods are created and how they develop over time, as in, how they have evolved into what many know them to be today.
Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt by James Henry Breasted

The second I suggest you read because of your name.
THE HISTORY OF THE DEVIL AND THE IDEA OF EVIL FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO THE PRESENT DAY by PAUL CARUS

I'm going to add two more. The first you can get in the link below, and the second is a suggestion that you get a good translation of the Quran.

If you have questions, please start a thread. But if you can not be bothered to reduce your lack of knowledge, I'm afraid I'd have to add you to my list of partially ignored individuals.

budaatum:
Download free copy of ESV in audio

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11514526_notable02251_jpeg9644633f25fabfb7cc4599eb3e433e47

One more thing. Please do not ever believe anything you read, or you will stop yourself from understanding. And, good luck.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

But none of those are about the history of Gods, hell! In fact, I'd call the last two brainwashing books, and you do lie about reading the Bible because it is obvious you never read it! But even if you believe you have read it, you have definitely not read enough to know what you are talking about and your lack of knowledge is actually glaringly and embarrassingly obvious. So let me suggest some books that might interest you and definitely inform you.

The first I choose for you so you can understand how Gods are created and how they develop over time, as in, how they have evolved into what many know them to be today.
Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt by James Henry Breasted

The second I suggest you read because of your name.
THE HISTORY OF THE DEVIL AND THE IDEA OF EVIL FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO THE PRESENT DAY by PAUL CARUS

I'm going to add two more. The first you can get in the link below, and the second is a suggestion that you get a good translation of the Quran.

If you have questions, please start a thread. But if you can not be bothered to reduce your lack of knowledge, I'm afraid I'd have to add you to my list of partially ignored individuals.

One more thing. Please do not ever believe anything you read, or you will stop yourself from understanding. And, good luck.

This is unnecessary.
I wasn't referring to Gods that people create.
Those Gods are not real since they only exist in the heads of people like budaatum.
Concerning the Bible,you are not the first person to claim to understand it.
Bishop David Oyedepo and many other pastors have done that.
You are also not the first to claim knowledge too.
What is special about your claims?
Calling me ignorant doesn't change anything.
Calling me an idiot who doesn't think or who doesn't know what he is saying doesn't change anything.
I have seen past such things.
My philosophy is independent of your thoughts concerning me.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I wasn't referring to Gods that people create.
All Gods are created by people! But I guess you wouldn't know that since you know very little about Gods and just write about Gods without thinking about Gods.

HellVictorinho:
My philosophy is independent of your thoughts concerning me.
I can therefore rest assured that you will not henceforth be quoting buda to seek buda's thought about you. But if you do ever quote buda seeking buda's thoughts about you, do know that buda will very generously give it to you.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

All Gods are created by people! But I guess you wouldn't know that since you know very little about Gods and just write about Gods without thinking about Gods.

I can therefore rest assured that you will not henceforth be quoting buda to seek buda's thought about you. But if you do ever quote buda seeking buda's thoughts about you, do know that buda will very generously give it to you.

I know that all gods are created by people and that's why I don't think they exist.
If it's just in your head,then the knowledge you have is imaginary because you can't bring that God into reality.
In other words, you don't really know any God that really exists.
You just have a picture that can leave your head by chance.
In other words,there's a probability of that picture being replaced by another one.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Both the Gods that people create and the ones they don't create don't really exist.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 12:40am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I know that all gods are created by people and that's why I don't think they exist.
If it's just in your head,then the knowledge you have is imaginary because you can't bring that God into reality.
In other words, you don't really know any God that really exists.
You just have a picture that can leave your head by chance.
In other words,there's a probability of that picture being replaced by another one.

Maybe you did not bother to read the following, or you failed to understand it.

budaatum:

Doubt? buda? Is your head okay at all? Please read very carefully!

Gods do not exist except in the heads of those who create Gods inside their own heads.

If you do not understand, please ask questions. And do not ever dare assume you can be telling buda what buda can or can not do as if you are the God of buda. Your powers do not extend into buda's head! buda will pray to thin air if buda wants to.

Do thoughts in your head not exist too, and are those thoughts not replaced by new evolved thoughts as you grow?
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by shadeyinka(m): 4:30am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I chose to call myself an atheist because I don't think there's any God.
Did you choose to be a Nigerian?
We call ourselves humans but we didn't choose to be born as humans.
Ultimately, you can't choose your thoughts because they happen by chance.
Case closed!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 08, 2021
shadeyinka:

Case closed!

Selecting part of a sentence towards baseless conclusions is unnecessary.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Maybe you did not bother to read the following, or you failed to understand it.

Do thoughts in your head not exist too, and are those thoughts not replaced by new evolved thoughts as you grow?
When will you stop this baseless approach
You keep questioning someone's understanding like your posts always make sense!!!!!!!!!!
The comparison of God to thought is just unnecessary.
Come up with something more logical!!!!!
It's not just about claiming knowledge.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 08, 2021
shadeyinka:

Case closed!
Selecting parts of an explanation towards baseless conclusions is unnecessary.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by frank317: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Selecting parts of an explanation towards baseless conclusions is unnecessary.

He did it because he desperately wants to win and feel good.

Calling it ur choice is him wanting to believe that u know God exists and decides not to believe he does.

U see Christians always lost the whole meaning of conversations when they are stuck with what they really want to be true.

Really whats all these back and forth arguments for when a simple prove of God will give us a simple direction.

How can anyone be so sure of God yet can't even paint a picture or description of him?

Choice? Hell no!! He chose to believe in something he has never seen or can ever describe not u. His delusion wants him to think its ur choice not to believe in something u have never seen. One does not need apply choice for that!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

When will you stop this baseless approach
You keep questioning someone's understanding like your posts always make sense!!!!!!!!!!.

Of course my questioning does not make sense to you.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Of course my questioning does not make sense to you.
Off course, you can't correct that unnecessary comparison of God to thought.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Off course, you can't correct that unnecessary comparison of God to thought.

For you hell, I would not bother wasting my time.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

For you hell, I would not bother wasting my time.
How is correcting your statement a waste of time?
You don't just think the statement was unnecessary.
You think the comparison was logical.
But I don't think I should agree.
Ultimately,we can't agree towards anything except by chance.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by budaatum: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2021
I am not asking you to agree with anything, hell. It pleases me that, unlike many, you have a mind of your own and can think for yourself.

You is iron lion and not baa baa sheepiee.

HellVictorinho:

How is correcting your statement a waste of time?
You don't just think the statement was unnecessary.
You think the comparison was logical.
But I don't think I should agree.
Ultimately,we can't agree towards anything except by chance.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
[s]
LordReed:
1. If a god exists, belief or lack thereof does nothing to change the situation.

2. If a god exists and is the source of all morality but yet you can adhere to the morality without belief then belief adds nothing to the equation.

Going by these to points above I am inclined to say belief in god is useless.

I could add more to this as time goes on but I'd be happy to hear your view.
[/s]
Utter twaddle. Absolutely sheer humbugery from a self-absorbed, deluded bedlamite.
The question is: is evolution wicked modafoka for carving out a big head for you, Reediot, without planting a brain therein?
grin grin grin
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
aadoiza:
[s][/s]
Utter twaddle. Absolutely sheer humbugery from a self-absorbed, deluded bedlamite.
The question is: is evolution wicked modafoka for carving out a big head for you, Reediot, without planting a brain therein?
grin grin grin

Bwahahahahaha! The lil bitch arse is back. I can see the you still as bitchy as ever. LMFAO!

[img]https://media1./images/fba72f55e9d8a335da4fb440e7349f12/tenor.gif?itemid=7371687[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! The lil bitch arse is back. I can see the you still as bitchy as ever. LMFAO!

The mumu boy is happy to see me.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
aadoiza:

The mumu boy is happy to see me.

Yeah lil bitch glad to see you. Bwahahahaha!
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah lil bitch glad to see you. Bwahahahaha!
Animal grin
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
aadoiza:

Animal grin

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
LordReed:

Were omo
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2021
aadoiza:

Were omo

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
LordReed:

You no hear, if you did I go see signs of something developing in your head. For now, you're still emptiness personified.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
aadoiza:

You no hear, if you did I go see signs of something developing in your head. For now, you're still emptiness personified.

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
LordReed:

Eyaah. After having emptiness conferred on your mind by evolution, your sanity is now hanging by a thread.
Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
aadoiza:

Eyaah. After having emptiness conferred on your mind by evolution, your sanity is now hanging by a thread.

Re: Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition by aadoiza: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
LordReed:

Oku'gbe. Your magical creator evolution just confirmed that it made you the archetype of dumb arse knucle-dragger. Mumu boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Hand Of God" Caught On Camera In Calabar? / Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me / Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.