Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Please HELP, How do I recover my money - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please HELP, How do I recover my money (5462 Views)

Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Zobah: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
lanre9ja:
Aunty sukura..
Your lawyer is not doing is work well u have to set terget for him and tell me if he can meet up other lawyer will manage it correctly
Sometime madness can solve mad...
Ask Iran and Iraq where they are today
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Zobah: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Dear OP,

Do not allow people who have never been where you want to go tell you not to go there.

Do not allow people who have never done what you want to do tell you that it cannot be done.

Do not allow broke people tell you that you cannot be rich.

90% of the people who give you advice on here have never been in such a situation

They have never been successful at what they are talking about.

Do not allow people who are tenants and yet to pay their own rent advice you

Stop taking advice from fakes, failures and frauds.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Assumptions is the mother of ALL mistakes.
Zobah:
Dear OP,

Do not allow people who have never been where you want to go tell you not to go there.

Do not allow people who have never done what you want to do tell you that it cannot be done.

90% of the people who give you advice on here have never been in such a situation

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by frozen70(f): 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
QuinModah:
Please, HELP

Tenant A

He left with a balance of 50k with the control box of the pre-pair meter and imagine he (lawyer) went to collect the key of the apartment from the tenant and his telling me it's a bad debt, I should leave him for God. He doesn't even know where he relocated to, I was even the one that went to meet some of the boys in the area and bought few drinks for then and they told me where he relocated too

Tenant B
Had 6 months left on his tenancy agreement we took him to court, the court ruled in our favor for the tenant to pay 245k, he packed out without paying a DIME. Prior to this time, he (lawyer) assured me that the tenant will pay, saying that if doesn't pay the tenant property will be used to offset the debt owed.

In summary, =N=295,000 gone to bad debt.

Tenant C
has been owing since last year and I have a lawyer handling my property

Tenant D
Finally, I decided going forward due diligence MUST be carried out, he didn't do as instructed with Tenant D, he didn't visit his former house or his current office.

My mom is currently ill and I need money

Please, how do I handle it?

I think all these tenants ganged up against you to deal with you

You and your mum should check if you guys were tough on them

4 Likes

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by DaBogu: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
frozen70:

What do you mean by tough? Most tenants make house owner tough or hardened.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by OBelz(f): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
Real estate business is headache in Nigeria without a good lawyer not "charge & bail" lawyers or those that have not been to a court room.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by OBelz(f): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
Some business lessons I learnt from a house owner:

-Assemble the right team/ person to manage the house.

-Fire faster than you hire. If he doesn't fit in, let him go immediately. A trial is enough.

-Roll up your sleeves and enter the market. Know the prices or better still, get the tenants yourself.

- Pay them impromptu visit to ensure they are adhering to the signed agreement e.g the number of persons to live in the house

-Don't drag with your tenants for rent. Kill it at the early stages, If they are not a good rent paying tenants, stop it immediately.

Good morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Leezah(f): 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
angry
Zobah:
Dear OP,

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
frozen70:

We were not infact we have been extremely lenient on this tenants from the word go
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zay24:
There is nothing you can about the bad debt, next time when letting out your property make sure the tenant information section contain the tenant details about place of work, position, guarantor at place of work. if a tenant is not ready to give you such details please don't let out your property. work on the information given, ensure it real. let your lawyer prepare a sound tenancy agreement with them in case of breach of agreement, their work place is the first point of contact.
Are you aware of the privacy law in Nigeria?

Some will give you false information
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by frozen70(f): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
QuinModah:
We were not infact we have been extremely lenient on this tenants from the word go

OK naw, this time around they need to be screened

4 Likes

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by PerfectMatchNG: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by lavylilly: 6:38am On Mar 23, 2021
lavylilly:
How many bad debts would you leave, you see as a landlord you need to be firm with your lawyer and tenant, don't take nonesense.

As regards, your mum, you need to go meet that tenant and let him know your mom has a son.

@ topic FIRE him, get another competent lawyer, he just collecting legal fees FREE without doing his job.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Leezah(f): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2021
2special:
Double agent Lawyer, change him/her....
How did you know?
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Leezah(f): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2021
africaflozy:
I hate tenant and landlord wahala. Reasons like this is what made me told my husband never to build house for renting purpose, instead, buy lands and sell them in future. Me I no get mind for walaha and he is a cool person too. That business is not just for us...

As lucrative as it is, bad people will ruin it for you...wicked tenants
No business is stress free
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by PerfectMatchNG: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Be calming down
QuinModah:
what? angry
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by SMJay: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
Property owners are really trying
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by NgHotGirls: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
angry
yazga:
Whats funny?!
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
SMJay:
Property owners are really trying
No be small
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by SMJay: 5:53pm On May 03, 2021
QuinModah:
No be small
it's well.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 6:23am On May 09, 2021
SMJay:
it's well.
Even in the well it's is well.
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by SMJay: 11:48am On May 16, 2021
QuinModah:
Even in the well it's is well.
wink
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
lanre9ja:
Aunty sukura..
Your lawyer is not doing is work well u have to set terget for him and tell me if he can meet up other lawyer will manage it correctly
Sometime madness can solve mad...
THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by IyaTola: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
wink
OBelz:
Some business lessons I learnt from a house owner:

-Assemble the right team/ person to manage the house.

-Fire faster than you hire. If he doesn't fit in, let him go immediately. A trial is enough.

-Roll up your sleeves and enter the market. Know the prices or better still, get the tenants yourself.

- Pay them impromptu visit to ensure they are adhering to the signed agreement e.g the number of persons to live in the house

-Don't drag with your tenants for rent. Kill it at the early stages, If they are not a good rent paying tenants, stop it immediately.

Good morning
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by OBelz(f): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by Leezah(f): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
cry
OBelz:
Real estate business is headache in Nigeria without a good lawyer not "charge & bail" lawyers or those that have not been to a court room.

3 Likes

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Leezah:
cry
Why you crying
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by lavylilly: 8:08am On Mar 26, 2022
Have you gotten your money
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2022
lavylilly:
Have you gotten your money
No
Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by DrinkWater10: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
QuinModah:
Please, HELP

Tenant A

He left with a balance of 50k with the control box of the pre-pair meter and imagine he (lawyer) went to collect the key of the apartment from the tenant and his telling me it's a bad debt, I should leave him for God. He doesn't even know where he relocated to, I was even the one that went to meet some of the boys in the area and bought few drinks for then and they told me where he relocated too

Tenant B
Had 6 months left on his tenancy agreement we took him to court, the court ruled in our favor for the tenant to pay 245k, he packed out without paying a DIME. Prior to this time, he (lawyer) assured me that the tenant will pay, saying that if doesn't pay the tenant property will be used to offset the debt owed.

In summary, =N=295,000 gone to bad debt.

Tenant C
has been owing since last year and I have a lawyer handling my property

Tenant D
Finally, I decided going forward due diligence MUST be carried out, he didn't do as instructed with Tenant D, he didn't visit his former house or his current office.

My mom is currently ill and I need money

Please, how do I handle it?
Please how did you handle it?

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, How do I recover my money by QuinModah(f): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2022
DrinkWater10:

Please how did you handle it?
The street way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Back - Advice And Help! / I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues / Was I Wrong??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.