Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. (2619 Views)

Please What Is The Recommended Oil For Corrola 2011 / What Is The Different Btw 2003 And 2006 Corrola Engine. / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
Good day all,

I bought my corrola last year.

After sometime, I realized that the oil will gauge after servicing. But after some months the oil will start going down.

Before now, the oil only changes when due for servicing, but doesn't not reduce.

My mechanic has checked everywhere for leakage but none.

Please what could be the cause.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by ksmart027(m): 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:
Good day all,

After sometime, I realized that the oil will gauge after servicing. But after some months the oil will start going down.

Before now, the oil only changes when due for servicing, but doesn't not reduce.

What oil weight do you use?
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
ksmart027:

What oil weight do you use?

I use Mobil oil.
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by ksmart027(m): 6:27pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:

I use Mobil oil.
what is the viscosity 20w50, 5w30, 5w40?
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by aieromon(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:
Good day all,

What model? Some Toyota engines are prone to oil burn.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Amazoner01: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:
Good day all,

So you use normal oil for many months? Is it synthetic?

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by sheu01: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2021
What year or model is your toyota Corolla and what's d mileage. My 2006 Toyota corolla doesn't short oil. I used Mobil 1 Extended performance 5w30. I bought d car with mileage 87,000 miles as tokunbo and oil is around 3000 miles and its still gauge, nothing like oil shortage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2021
aieromon:

What model? Some Toyota engines are prone to oil burn.

Corolla 2005
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2021
Amazoner01:

So you use normal oil for many months? Is it synthetic?

I only drive on sundays for uber
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Elsueno: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2021
undecided

I don't think Toyota cares about all these oil weight, I know people who use 20w50 for years without problem. ofcourse it's not above the 2007 models
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by aieromon(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:

Corolla 2005

If no signs of leakage or smoke, worn out piston rings and/or valve seals could be the culprit.

Switch to a thicker oil (if you haven't done so already) and reduce oil change intervals to 2-3 months.

Prepare for an engine rebuild/replacement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2021
aieromon:

If no signs of leakage or smoke, worn out piston rings and/or valve seals could be the culprit.

Switch to a thicker oil (if you haven't done so already) and reduce oil change intervals to 2-3 months.

Prepare for an engine rebuild/replacement.

Which other oil can you recommend, I heard Mobil is the best. That's why I stick to it
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by aieromon(m): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gaggii:

Which other oil can you recommend, I heard Mobil is the best. That's why I stick to it

If this is the oil you use, stick to it for now and buy only from Mobil filling stations.

1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by an0daGuy: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
If you’ve been using the wrong oil and changing late your engine might get into trouble.

Pic above= wrong weight of oil

Pic below = affordable recommended oil weight for your car

So op tell us the oil you’ve been using so someone can further assist you with solving your engine oil problem

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
ksmart027:

what is the viscosity 20w50, 5w30, 5w40?

5w 30
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2021
aieromon:

If this is the oil you use, stick to it for now and buy only from Mobil filling stations.

I use mobil 5w 30
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2021
an0daGuy:
If you’ve been using the wrong oil and changing late your engine might get into trouble.

Pic above= wrong weight of oil

Pic below = affordable recommended oil weight for your car

So op tell us the oil you’ve been using so someone can further assist you with solving your engine oil problem

I use this 5w 30
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by izaac23(m): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2021
U lie op.

Tell us how much u buy it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by Gaggii: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2021
izaac23:
U lie op.

Tell us how much u buy it.

Buy what
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by SeaTrade(m): 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
I just lost my Hilux engine today due to this oil shortage nonsense of a thing!!!
I'd be blowing a lot of money I didn't plan for tomorrow just to fix a 12 year old truck.
Honestly I'm pissed.
Cant wait to buy an electric truck,shit angry
Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by 9icetoo(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2021
SeaTrade:
I just lost my Hilux engine today due to this oil shortage nonsense of a thing!!!
I'd be blowing a lot of money I didn't plan for tomorrow just to fix a 12 year old truck.
Honestly I'm pissed.
Cant wait to buy an electric truck,shit angry
You bought a Nigerian used toyota hilux.
First error.
You may or may not know it has been abused (hiluxes in Nigeria are severely abused) but being a follower and poster on this section of car talk, I believe you knew.
You knew it had oil consumption problems yet you took it on interstate journey with load. Second error.
You may or may not have investigated the reason for the oil loss. If you did not. Third error.
You did not fix the oil loss issue but continued travelling with the hilux and I know you drive hard. Fourth error.
No blame the hilux bros. The writing was on the wall but you failed to heed the warnings.

Contact Trygo for a swap. He just recently swapped in a 4runner engine (cheaper than the hilux engine) into a hilux.

He is the man to fix this problem.

Toyota hilux are not known for oil loss problems. Those trucks are loved and used by militants and terrorists in the most inhospitable regions of the world and serve faithfully. They are the epitome of reliability.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Corrola Engine Oil To Be Reducing. by SeaTrade(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2021
9icetoo:

You bought a Nigerian used toyota hilux.
First error.
You may or may not know it has been abused (hiluxes in Nigeria are severely abused) but being a follower and poster on this section of car talk, I believe you knew.
You knew it had oil consumption problems yet you took it on interstate journey with load. Second error.
You may or may not have investigated the reason for the oil loss. If you did not. Third error.
You did not fix the oil loss issue but continued travelling with the hilux and I know you drive hard. Fourth error.
No blame the hilux bros. The writing was on the wall but you failed to heed the warnings.

Contact Trygo for a swap. He just recently swapped in a 4runner engine (cheaper than the hilux engine) into a hilux.

He is the man to fix this problem.

Toyota hilux are not known for oil loss problems. Those trucks are loved and used by militants and terrorists in the most inhospitable regions of the world and serve faithfully. They are the epitome of reliability.

All the best.
Honestly it was just carelessness on my part I swear.
Was just being an idiot accelerating like a crazy person.
Lesson learnt sha.

(1) (Reply)

My Benz E500 '1993 Model, Do Overheating When The Ac Is On-what Is Wrong / PHOTO: Picture Of A Pure White Gold Mercedes Benz / Honda Accord 04 Jerk During Initial Acceleration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.