Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (75604 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
Let's cast our beams with concrete.........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
More pictures

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2021
After the cast of the ground beams, we are currently filling the foundation here......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by KIDfurniture(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2021
I'm following oyaa

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
We have completed the concrete cast of the ground beams in this house.............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
More..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
We have bought over 15 trips of filling sand and we are using it to fill the foundation...........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
We are also dropping sharp sand and other materials for the next stage...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Whole foundation.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2021
We need a roll of 1" hose to supply water from the borehole to the plastic tank near this building. This roll costs N11,500.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2021
spyder880:
Carpentry works ongoing for the ground beams today........
Good morning sir, I think this a bungalow, why did you introduce columns and foundation beams? Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2021
FromZeroToHero:
Good morning sir, I think this a bungalow, why did you introduce columns and foundation beams? Thanks

My brother, this is an uncommon bungalow, the expected load on this bungalow will surpass the load on most duplexes, that's why we are making preparations in the foundation stage to set the stage for this uncommon structure.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2021
spyder880:
We need a roll of 1" hose to supply water from the borehole to the plastic tank near this building. This roll costs N11,500.
Nigeria we dey like this
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2021
spyder880:

My brother, this is an uncommon bungalow, the expected load on this bungalow will surpass the load on most duplexes, that's why we are making preparations in the foundation stage to set the stage for this uncommon structure.
Thanks for the clarification. But apart from this high rise bungalow, is it advisable to introduce columns and foundation beams on a normal 5bedroom bungalow with concrete facia.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2021
FromZeroToHero:
Thanks for the clarification. But apart from this high rise bungalow, is it advisable to introduce columns and foundation beams on a normal 5bedroom bungalow with concrete facia.

Yes, especially on the outside walls of the building.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
Compaction of this foundation, with the aid of a machine.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Apr 18, 2021
Site preparation before we start the cast.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Good morning sir, please what if I commence the ground floor block laying immediately after the foundation beams so that all the blocks will sit directly on the beam then afterwards I can do my oversite concrete (dpc) because I think in that case the foundation beam will perform it's function very well. thanks
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2021
secondly Sir I have seen a scenario whereby a BRC wire mesh was placed on the DPM before casting please what is your take on that?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2021
FromZeroToHero:
Good morning sir, please what if I commence the ground floor block laying immediately after the foundation beams so that all the blocks will sit directly on the beam then afterwards I can do my oversite concrete (dpc) because I think in that case the foundation beam will perform it's function very well. thanks

Only your site engineer, or a professional who has physically inspected your site can advice that.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2021
FromZeroToHero:
secondly Sir I have seen a scenario whereby a BRC wire mesh was placed on the DPM before casting please what is your take on that?

Yes, usually in waterlogged areas or where the soil is weak and is prone to further depression after compaction. Your building plans should contain those steps and if its recommended in your location, then its very necessary.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:11am On Apr 18, 2021
Concrete cast starts.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2021
Completed sections...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:29am On Apr 18, 2021
We are still stocking up on blocks, sand and many other materials in readiness for the walling of this building which starts this week. Expect very high walls.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by anitabella: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2021
Pls sir i have been following your building threads on Nairaland, i want to know if i can put parapet on a 6 inch blocked bungalow building.

Most of your building threads i have seen is only done on a 9 inch block.

Your input will be highly appreciated
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2021
spyder880:

Yes, usually in waterlogged areas or where the soil is weak and is prone to further depression after compaction. Your building plans should contain those steps and if its recommended in your location, then its very necessary.
Thanks. very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:54am On Apr 18, 2021
spyder880:

Only your site engineer, or a professional who has physically inspected your site can advice that.
ok sir . thanks
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:
Pls sir i have been following your building threads on Nairaland, i want to know if i can put parapet on a 6 inch blocked bungalow building.

it's not the blocks that carry the concrete facia. you ought to have introduced columns from the foundation or at least from the lintels. those column with act a support to the concrete facia.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by anitabella: 11:02am On Apr 18, 2021
FromZeroToHero:
it's not the blocks that carry the concrete facia. you ought to have introduced columns from the foundation or at least from the lintels. those column with act a support to the concrete facia.

you are right... I did the necessary column and all that... But my fear here is being that this is a 6 inch block and not 9 inch.. If it will be OK to do it.... Cos I would really love to..
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:

you are right... I did the necessary column and all that... But my fear here is being that this is a 6 inch block and not 9 inch.. If it will be OK to do it.... Cos I would really love to..
go ahead.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Godisgreatest1: 11:24am On Apr 18, 2021
spyder880:
Site preparation before we start the cast.........

Good morning, please how many rolls of the black water proof will be enough for 6 bedroom bungalow? And how much is 1 roll of it?. Thank you and best regards.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:

Yes you can, I have done a parapet on a 6" blocks here before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.