Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz (42165 Views)

Israel Adesanya Gets Six-Month Medical Suspension After Blachowicz Defeat / Jan Blachowicz Hands Adesanya His First MMA Professional Lost. / UFC 259: Adesanya Vs Blachowicz SATURDAY 10PM EST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Kelvin3476: 9:37am On Mar 07, 2021
Coldie:
Isreal Adesanya still won.

For someone coming into such a new weight class for him to last up to 5 rounds that wasn't easy
TRUE TALK BT I EXPECTED HIM TO KWANTINUE WINNING
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by akoniyong: 9:38am On Mar 07, 2021
Akalia:
Perhaps the loss will humble him. Isreal is too cheeky and cocky for my liking. After watching how he booed and humiliated the last opponent he won, I felt rather dissapointed. In life when you are winning and doing well, do not gloat over the predicament of others.

i think you're wrong here. his last opponent disrespected him by saying alot of shitty words before the match, in my opinion, i think he (Costa) deserves the humiliation.

4 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by FuckOsuPigs: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2021
osejie17:
Mcheweteww FIXED MATCH

You have said the truth!
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Akalia(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2021
akoniyong:

i think you're wrong here. his last opponent disrespected him by saying alot of shitty words before the match, in my opinion, i think he (Costa) deserves the humiliation.
Believe whatever you choose. All I know is that the loss will humble him, he's being feeling unbeatable. AJ gets disrespected too before fights too but have you ever seen AJ boo and humiliate any opponent he's ever defeated?

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Wallade(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2021
UFC set him up for failure and he fell for it. Why would they set up a fight between a newly promoted fighter, into that weight division, and the title holder of that weight category.

It was almost certain he could not win. He needed a miracle to win.

3 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by naijamafioso: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2021
topboss:
IGBOS ARE THE BRAINS OF THE SOUTH.

YORUBA ARE THE MUSCLE OF THE SOUTH.

AND FULANI ARE THE EATERS OF THE MUSCLE AND BRAIN IN THE NORTH grin

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by AFONJACOW(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Wake me when that fine face for nothing in boxing heavyweights divisions decided to fight Dimitri Wilder, nah that time his own mighty has fallen will start grin grin

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by soojar(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2021
Bampeh:
He was really defeated no doubt. He should learn from his mistake and have a rematch.

Not a new champion. Jan is the defending champion

Bampeh congratulates the new champion
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Zoroaster: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Why was his first fight in that category with the champion? Other contenders no dey?

3 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by saajus: 10:04am On Mar 07, 2021
How was it fixed? He lost but close. Jan's weight was too much for Izzy. Izzy was winning until the last two rounds when the guy took him down twice and he couldn't overturn him. Izzy would have won if he avoided being taken down. In a fight where you know your opponent weight is far heavier, you must try your best not to be taken down. That requires a lot of concentration.
osejie17:
Mcheweteww FIXED MATCH

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by akoniyong: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2021
Wallade:
UFC set him up for failure and he fell for it. Why would they set up a fight between a newly promoted fighter, into that weight division, and the title holder of that weight category.

It was almost certain he could not win. He needed a miracle to win.

i dont think so sir, DC did it, Amanda Nunes did it, The Notorious also did it,. so why cant izzy do it,.? the honest truth is , Jan is just a crazy dude who has a lot of power in his left hand., i also think izzy should have stayed in MW and fight Jared Canonire and see wait till Jon Jones loses to HW and definately when Jone jones come back to LHW title, isreal can now move up to challenge him., it could have been an epic and interesting fight

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Jaqenhghar: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2021
backbone503:

Have you seen that happen even here on NL? Nigerians are still solidly behind him. He performed very well. His opponent was just bigger and better. He'll learn the ropes in the higher cadre and win.
I didnt watch it so I cant say where it went wrong for him. He will learn. Thats what great fighters do.
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Slydegeneral000: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2021
What are you guys saying. That was the first time Jan will fight till the 5th round. No one survives till that round. He didn't even bleed or got a swollen face. Even Jan was surprised, he knew takedown was his only options and because of his weight, he had the advantage. He really tried

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Wallade(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2021
akoniyong:

i dont think so sir, DC did it, Amanda Nunes did it, The Notorious also did it,. so why cant izzy do it,.? the honest truth is , Jan is just a crazy dude who has a lot of power in his left hand., i also think izzy should have stayed in MW and fight Jared Canonire and see wait till Jon Jones loses to HW and definately when Jone jones come back to LHW title, isreal can now move up to challenge him., it could have been an epic and interesting fight

Well, failure is necessary to become better person. I hope he learnt some lessons and can move on with it. There will be more victory ahead.
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by akoniyong: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2021
Slydegeneral000:
What are you guys saying. That was the first time Jan will fight till the 5th round. No one survives till that round. He didn't even bleed or got a swollen face. Even Jan was surprised, he knew takedown was his only options and because of his weight, he had the advantage. He really tried

exactly !! you've just said it the way it is.. JAN is a baaaadasss chess player
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by akoniyong: 10:23am On Mar 07, 2021
Wallade:

Well, failure is necessary to become better person. I hope he learnt some lessons and can move on with it. There will be more victory ahead.

In Jesus Name AMEN cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by BlackPantherxXx: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2021
1000angstroms:
He needs that power to come box off fulani marauders from his village.

At least he's unlike the coward who chestbeats and then runs off in his wife's skirt & blouse grin

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Coldie(m): 10:31am On Mar 07, 2021
Kelvin3476:
TRUE TALK BT I EXPECTED HIM TO KWANTINUE WINNING
That 1 loss would be hard for him
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Joe4Lee: 10:34am On Mar 07, 2021
Coldie:
Isreal Adesanya still won.

For someone coming into such a new weight class for him to last up to 5 rounds that wasn't easy
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Inspirelove: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2021
Do not worry bro, come what may, we are proud of you, we are proud of who you have become. Ti esin ba gbe ni san'le a ma n tungun ni ( when u fall off at the back of a horse, you climb it again. more wins will come your way. love man
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Gaskia: 10:38am On Mar 07, 2021
Why tribalise everything?
Izzy has represented Nigeria well and is still doing so.
Usman Kamaru is an Edo guy and is still the reigning welterweight champ. AJ is a current heavyweight boxing champ, we also have Efe Ajagba doing great and looking good for a shot at one of the prestigious belts. We had Sam Okon Peters who was the first Nigerian to snacth the heavyweight championship belt.

So many Nigerians doing us proud in combat sports as well as other sports so please let's stand behind them and stop the tribal tone.

Tap0lane:
Oloriburuku igbo Yorubas are dominating world federation fights across the globe but your foolish tribesmen call them lazy yet nobody from your entire tribe dead alive n unborn held world time in any fight division.

The Yorubas you call lazy presently have 3 outstanding world class fighter fucqing your mother from behind all over alaigbo.

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Joe4Lee: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2021
That is the truth. Even Mayweather cannot face our own Samuel Peter without sustaining fatal injuries.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by RICHSATAN: 10:41am On Mar 07, 2021
and he was planning to go fight jon jones? na hm deAd body them for carry return to naija

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by lexy2014: 10:46am On Mar 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

His Ijebu medicine failed him this time..

He should go and nurse his wounds because he was beaten to zero

"...his bid to move from the middleweight to light heavyweight championship"

There's no shame in loosing in this match. He was trying to transition to a more difficult category

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Gaskia: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2021
Izzy is taller, 6ft 4in while Jan is 6ft 2in.

His lower leg kick strategy did not work as Jan hit him back each time he tried it. Jan is a more powerful guy than Izzy.

hayoholla:
I was worried before the fight, I knew Izzy won't have it easy. Jan has a big build and is a bit taller than Izzy prev opponents like Costa and Romero even with big body build. Jan's grappling also worried me, because it us an important edge over Izzy, and it sure did. Well Izzy now knows what the LHW division is made off. Tbh, he tried, to go that extent loosing to Jan by unanimous decision. He can have a edge next time tho. I am still pained by the loss embarassed

1 Like

Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by lexy2014: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2021
ChiefOloye:
Not even a split decision, that means he was well beaten. His Ijebu aluwo and agbaya didn't answer to his beckons this time, power pass power. He move!

"...his bid to move from the middleweight to light heavyweight championship"
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by sleeknaija(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2021
ChiefOloye:
Not even a split decision, that means he was well beaten. His Ijebu aluwo and agbaya didn't answer to his beckons this time, power pass power. He move!

Bittered SOUL, Olote sad
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by Tap0lane: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2021
The tribalistic bastard here is your foolish igbo father. Why not wait till he lunatic I quoted deny he is Igbo or you think every is sick in the head like you. See fool combat spart is your favored sport.? I do not understand how a foolish tribe make excuse for failures from generation to generation. Imagine claiming a sport is not your favorite instead of admitting you are behind the Yorubas when it come to that sport.

So cos one foolish igbo one a non titled fight you are comparing that lunatic with Adesanya n other titled holder. You are a fool boy for making that comparison. Igbos dominate in basketball.. Lol
You think you can deceive yourself on that sport liek you did with Nigerian football...

Dude when Igbo produce the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon, Oyedeji n Adetokunbo we might initiate a debate on which tribe is superior.

goatgoat093:

YOU'RE ONE DERANGED TRIBALISTIC BASTARD with an IQ of a gnat. How sure are you the guy you replied is Igbo? your profound insecurities and self-destructive hate on Igbos is a clear indication you are one frustrated pig who doesn't deserve to live among sane humans.

And if you must know another Nigerian (an Igbo boy) called Kennedy Nzechukwu won his fight today with a KO victory in the UFC light-heavyweight preliminary fight after his return from a 2 year hiatus. Igbos may not really dominate the combat sports cause it's not our favored type of sport, but we dominate other major sports like basketball, American football, track and field etc.
Re: Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz by goatgoat093: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2021
Tap0lane:
The tribalistic bastard here is your foolish igbo father. Why not wait till he lunatic I quoted deny he is Igbo or you think every is sick in the head like you. See fool combat spart is your favored sport.? I do not understand how a foolish tribe make excuse for failures from generation to generation. Imagine claiming a sport is not your favorite instead of admitting you are behind the Yorubas when it come to that sport.

So cos one foolish igbo one a non titled fight you are comparing that lunatic with Adesanya n other titled holder. You are a fool boy for making that comparison. Igbos dominate in basketball.. Lol
You think you can deceive yourself on that sport liek you did with Nigerian football...

Dude when Igbo produce the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon, Oyedeji n Adetokunbo we might initiate a debate on which tribe is superior.

Go seek help, you're one mentally unstable fellow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Dragged For Wishing Christians 'Merry Christmas' / Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List / Coach Siasia Quits Over "A Disrespectful System"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.