Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? (18240 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / “Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by tstx(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2021
Funny question
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Akalia(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2021
femi4:
It's a sin if you ve not being in church for that long
LOL, can you cite any Bible reference that gives credence to your claim?

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by MufasaLion: 9:20am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

People now go to church for selfies and videos to post on social media.

Pastors now have make-up artists more like it’s a show.

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?

NO YOU'RE NOT

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by sofeo(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by ShaqFu: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
Nope.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
femi4:
It's a sin if you ve not being in church or any spiritual fellowship for that long

Can u quote where it is written in the scriptures that it’s a sin?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Mutemenot(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
Op, you aren't alone. The beat I do is to drive my family to church and come back home. Tired of deceiving myself in the name of church gathering

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by femi4: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
Akalia:
LOL, can you cite any Bible reference that gives credence to your claim?
Heb 10:25

not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Ps 133: 1-2

133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by kudinkarfe: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2021
Not going to church is forsaking God's word, remember Hebrew 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the custom is with some; but encouraging one another, and by so much the more as ye see the day drawing near.
Exodus 20:8-11. Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2021
Mutemenot:
Op, you aren't alone. The beat I do is to drive my family to church and come back home. Tired of deceiving myself in the name of church gathering

And how has your family seen you? I have been accused of belonging to a cult group for not going to church.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by ofiko123(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2021
JAMB QUESTION...
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2021
Yes.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Judgesledge(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2021
Why has righteousness not commented, oh I forgot, he's in church now, better be going my self. Not going may not be a sin, but surely will lift up your spirit if your heart is set towards God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Victorclean1: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2021
jonade241:
To me, it is not a sin. Religion is a thing of the mind.

Meanwhile let me introduce you to pi network
Pi is a new form.of cryptocurrency ,just like bitcoin in its early stage it's being mined for free now.and the process of mining it is stress free.all you need to do is download the app sign up and click a button once every 24hrs.
Though the cryptocurrency has no value now till it's listed in stock market/exchange by the need of 2021.
But untill then people are mining it for free and accumulating pi coin and it has over 13million plus users and counting.
Mining might stop at anytime because the coreteam are developing pi wallet and market places when they are done,it will stop.
So download the app and start mining,it will not take you more than 5sec of your time everyday to do so for a brighter future when it actually becomes reality.And don't forget to verify your number or Facebook by going to your profile in the app.by doing this ,you will not loose your earning when pi goes to exchnange,
If you are interested Use the link in my signature and my invite code (Dejavu2019) on sign-up

Dejavu, you forget to tell us that , you want people to help speed up your process. How much will you pay me to use your link?

The more of your link people use , the more you climb.

Anybody can download PI or other numerous coins and without assistant or link.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Charles4000(m): 9:24am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?
No it is not... but most people feel is a sin.... it all depends how holy your heart is...
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Adakintroy: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2021
No. It's a sin when you Bleep someone wife's, steal Simone property. Murder another or furnicates.

If you can stay in your huz and not do any of the above. God is fine with it. You are the temple.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Akalia(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

Interesting. What makes you think God has left the church? Can u be more specific. Do u mean Nigerian Church or the church in general?
GOD left the building called church the moment Jesus Christ died. The scripture clearly stated that the temple's sanctuary curtain was torn in half from up to down. That was when God left the holy of holies (the sanctuary). Now God dwells in human bodies by the presence of the holy spirit. 1 Corinthians 3:16

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2021
Judgesledge:
Why has righteousness not commented, oh I forgot, he's in church now, better be going my self. Not going may not be a sin, but surely will lift up your spirit if your heart is set towards God

With all those ladies brandishing boobs and wearing tight skirts and trousers will lift my spirit?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by YourBestWriter: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2021
Some Christians are obsessed about sin all the time because they are either ignorant about the power of Christ on the cross, or they haven't truly received the power of the holy spirit within them. True Christians live daily as warriors of love, and they are sanctified by the blood of Jesus.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by edoairways: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup to start with, Sunday was never God's plan for worship. It was man who changed it from Saturday to Sunday. Secondly, you can assemble with other brethrens on weekdays ( bible study, communion service etc) You are far better than those who go to church only on Sundays. Thirdly, would you say it is ok to play gospel song on Sunday and secular songs on other days?. Fourthly, why not cook yourself with the word of God, pray with ceasing instead of been ashamed that you didn't attend church on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

Can u quote where it is written in the scriptures that it’s a sin?

never forsake the gathering of brethren. while hat quote in Hebrews 10:25 is not a sin in itself, you should question your relationship, love, dedication and commitment for/to God if going to church or any opportunity to just worship and be in his presence is a problem to you.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by desiredhome: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

In an over religious/uncivilized country like Nigeria, it's a sin, but in civilized country it's not a sin.......
Laying more emphasis on what is not important, forgetting the most important thing which is LOVE....the reason there is wickedness everywhere despite Churches everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Reex12(m): 9:27am On Mar 07, 2021
k
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2021
YourBestWriter:
Some Christians are obsessed about sin all the time because they are either ignorant about the power of Christ on the cross, or they haven't truly received the power of the holy spirit within them. True Christians live daily as warriors of love, and they are sanctified by the blood of Jesus.

So sin is not real?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Akalia(m): 9:27am On Mar 07, 2021
femi4:
Heb 10:25

not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Ps 133: 1-2

133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
But did the Bible say that not worshipping with the brethren is a sin. There is a clear difference between condemnation and admonition. The scriptures you quoted are more for the purpose of admonition and not condemnation.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Wickedfacts: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2021
femi4:
It's a sin if you ve not being in church or any spiritual fellowship for that long

Where is it written in the Bible that it is a sin? You guys will just be lying on God.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2021
edoairways:
EgusiSoup to start with, Sunday was never God's plan for worship. It was man who changed it from Saturday to Sunday. Secondly, you can assemble with other brethrens on weekdays ( bible study, communion service etc) You are far better than those who go to church only on Sundays. Thirdly, would you say it is ok to play gospel song on Sunday and secular songs on other days?. Fourthly, why not cook yourself with the word of God, pray with ceasing instead of been ashamed that you didn't attend church on Sunday.

And your point is? Cos I’ve not understood what you’re saying
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by xtivin(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2021
Churches are now business centers with due respect to God hence the need for CAC registration. I rather go with self righteousness and obey my 10 commandments.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by edoairways: 9:29am On Mar 07, 2021
YourBestWriter:
Yes the blood of Jesus Christ was shared for humanity however humanity still live in sin. All this once saved messages has landed many in hell fire

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by OBALOLA55(m): 9:30am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE WERE GOD OR CHRIST TOLD CHRISTIANS TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS

CC ANTIISLAM MIKECOLD
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:30am On Mar 07, 2021
It's not a sin
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by AmazingELixir: 9:30am On Mar 07, 2021
lipsrsealed

God is merciful ooh....sometime last I was at church worshipping my God jejely naim one young bobo just come sit down near me...in less than 5 minutes bobo don bring out phone ooo thought the brother was checking bible verses only for me to see bolded big font Betnaija heading. There and there I couldn't concentrate anymore...I was thinking why do some people even go to church when they know spirituality isn't their business.

For me I've only gone to church once since December last year...and today my neighbor who is a pastor invited me for a communion service in his house by 10am...make I try go make I reconnect with Papa God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Read Rhapsody Of Realities On Your Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Devices. / HELP: Is Having A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend A Sin? / What Do You Think Will Happen By December 21, 2012(so Called End Of World)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.