Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament (52398 Views)

Miss Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" And Best In The World (photo) / Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Sheggy13(m): 5:09am On Mar 08, 2021
AFONJACOW:
In 20yrs to come those he defeated will be CEO and company owners while the person defeated them will end up at ijubu market hawking beans and agege bread. Irony of life
Looking at your moniker, one can understand you're a tribal bigot with hate for Yorubas, hence this evil comment on an innocent little girl. Anyways, that prediction you gave will be the lot of your children, that is if you manage to have children cos it will be a great disservice to parenthood for your type to procreate.

4 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Sheggy13(m): 5:12am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.
Imagine this amount of bile on the success of an innocent little girl whose only crime to you was her name not being something like Nneka, Ngozi or Chidera. Such a hate-filled soul.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by 9jaRealist: 5:12am On Mar 08, 2021
joey150:
You made sense....but only to a small extent.

True, despite having achieved a great feat, she is the anomaly and not the norm.

Our education system is nothing to write home about, and for every genius there are a thousand academically poor students.

However, don't rain on the girl's parade by alleging that other competitors didn't come with their best contestants.

She won because she was the best of the rest.

Congratulations to her for doing Nigeria proud.

Do both of you have any idea how incredibly few “geniuses” there are?
The US, with the world’s largest highest education system, turns out tons of AVERAGE students and a minuscule amount of geniuses.
>
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by DKM123: 5:17am On Mar 08, 2021
Young Nigerian girls have been in the news lately making us proud in academia. It's like the future is indeed female o.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by olaolaking: 6:11am On Mar 08, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!
These are the Yoruba people I use to know... Brave, intelligent and love for the culture.

Thinking out loud, why is it that it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time that are making Nigeria proud in the areas of education, innovation, sports and entertainment overseas?
It is a game of number. Plenty Yorubas as well as the igbos patronize schools more than other tribes. You will notice the south south are also not featuring in things like this. Because they do not patronize school as much.

Yoruba and igbos don't have special brain different from others

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by teejet: 6:16am On Mar 08, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Pursue a career in Engineering/ICT not Medicine please!!

That's my advice for her.

She has already opted to read Computer Engineering.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Rapture4real(m): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2021
I cover you with the blood of Jesus Christ, Odunsi.No evil eye will behold you. The Lord will protect you from the evil ones.You will not die or become mentally incapacitated in Jesus name. You will join the league of great women like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala in Jesus name. Soar higher.Amen
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.

Work on your self esteem. It's too low and learn how to congratulate people for their achievement.
Imagine a Nigerian emerged as Miss world and you start claiming that the reason Nigerian won is because other nations refused to present their best. What a mentality! ! A very low self esteem. Don't you think Nigeria can also present someone that's far brilliant than her, or you think she is the best in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by teejet: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2021
Ayiba0911:
Why is her school omitted from the whole story? Dem commit offence?

It is there in the story: THE AMBASSADOR SCHOOLS, OTA, OGUN STATE
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Kayclite: 6:37am On Mar 08, 2021
There is no how you...

You, a melanated woman, is 100% better than those genetic degenerates.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Agugbadin: 7:33am On Mar 08, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by aruzuoke(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Do u think it is easy to even get qualified for such competition in the first place.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by MTAIYEM: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2021
great
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by zubimete(f): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2021
Congrat blessed child, Nigerian females making global impact. Only in nairaland that they say Nigerian girls are useless¿
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Engraced80(f): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2021
God bless and keep you to fulfil your devine purpose.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by RealtorBen(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2021
Congratulations dear
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:

IPOB, bad Belle spotted

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by deeva2: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2021
SHE IS GIFTED....USELESS BBNAIJA PARTNERS WILL NOT SEE THIS ONE TO SPONSOR OOO
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by geemd434: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!
These are the Yoruba people I use to know... Brave, intelligent and love for the culture.

Thinking out loud, why is it that it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time that are making Nigeria proud in the areas of education, innovation, sports and entertainment overseas?

They are slaves that's why. Most countries that are developed are busy using their resources to contribute to their welfare. You slaves are busy working for your master.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by jefe360(m): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2021
[/quote]God go punish you,I use because of this your comment join naira land, in fact quickly die and leave Nigeria. Wicked people[quote author=KingAzubuike post=99692621] Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Oketwin(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:

stop deceiving your self in a good condition Nigeria wud compete properly, note no school would send an unserious student to represent dem in any competition.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by KingAzubuike(f): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2021
BLoomfrancs:
When I saw microsoft theme as one of the questions, I knew this was just a mushroom competition. Imagine a meagre $1000 as the grand prize. But when will Nigerians win gold or silver or even bronze in IMO.
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by AFONJACOW(m): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2021
Sheggy13:

Looking at your moniker, one can understand you're a tribal bigot with hate for Yorubas, hence this evil comment on an innocent little girl. Anyways, that prediction you gave will be the lot of your children, that is if you manage to have children cos it will be a great disservice to parenthood for your type to procreate.
are you replying me from Benin republic IDP camp or from inside bush where you are currently hiding from herdsmen
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Pauladex(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Mrs Sanballat, wife of Tobiah, Why are u running your mouth like tap water? Se won ki se ki se rere nile yin ni?
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 08, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!

Thinking out loud, why is it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time making Nigeria proud in education, innovation, sports, and entertainment internationally/overseas?
Because they are the ones that took education seriously. No jokes, a typical hausa child is very brilliant. Problem is that their elites have so much destroyed them that it will take centuries to correct the damage
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by blueAgent(m): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2021
realray:

in what way? is it the one in aso Rock that doesn't av waec result were is the brain in his leadership, don't u see that it's dsame people that has been ruling us from the 90's and 80's they are still ruling us till date that's why we're so backwards because they gat no brains, if u think we don't have Brains here go outside (travel and make research) and u will see Nigerians making waves, so bro I disagree with you

You still do not get it.

Nigerians including fellowers and leaders are not intelligent in my own estimates, you might have few outliners but the majority are not.

They say a country cannot develop beyond the average IQ of the citizens of that country.

What ever Nigeria is today , is a reflection of our average IQ.
Same for all African countries.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Abkay95: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
this is one of the achievements we should be celebrating in this country and not celebrating stupidity all in the name of copying western world........... Congratulations genius!!
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by obama30: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
KingOdart:

www.punchng.com/how-i-defeated-uk-us-chinese-pupils-others-at-global-maths-competition-15-year-old-nigerian

My dear you try i love you.

But with an a northerner remain as Nigeria leader your mathematics may not lead you any where in Life. you family need to make sure every thing about you remains in develop nation not the zoo
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by osascybog(m): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
Alexis11:
It's Odunsi

Do we really have to check names

grin

I think say na'odunlade' naa..who odunsi help?u tribal bigot... good feat to you girl ...
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Alexis11: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
osascybog:

I think say na'odunlade' naa..who odunsi help?u tribal bigot... good feat to you girl ...

Go n Die.

grin
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Okadall: 2:17am On Mar 10, 2021
calcal:

I think the teacher has nothing to do with the girl being smart.

Congratulation, stay focused and stay away from bad boys.

She may be smart but she still needs a coach regardless
Just being smart ain't enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.