Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe (18856 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Have You Ever Lost A Job Offer Because You Negotiated Your Salary Too High? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Zionmdde: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
tonididdy:

You maybe different (which I doubt cos of your attitude already).

Different or no different i don't care
If I dupe u hold me responsible and not my tribe. https://www.herald.ng/estate-developer-dupes-200-intending-tenants-of-n50m-in-lagos/
That's wat ur brothers do. In this particular one My money was there. So I will come and call all Yorubas fraudsters. Rubbbish
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by TheNeededShock(m): 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
526six:
[s][/s]

Is this what you want to use your life to do?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by tonididdy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

Different or no different i don't care
If I dupe u hold me responsible and not my tribe. https://www.herald.ng/estate-developer-dupes-200-intending-tenants-of-n50m-in-lagos/
That's wat ur brothers do. In this particular one My money was there. So I will come and call all Yorubas fraudsters. Rubbbish
I haven't said igbo-s are criminals.
I only said I have a personal stance never to employ any for labour.
I only have a primary reason as "self centeredness".
I didn't even go as far as giving instances why.
I don't intend to tarnish the igbo tribe.
I am an Edo man and grew up in rumigbo (PH)
I'm not Yoruba. You are attacking me from a tribal angle.
My personal decision has nothing to do with shame naming any tribe.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Babysho(m): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
HOLY SHHIIT THIS THREAD IS SO ORGANIC

You know why I've always loved Nairaland? Nairaland members are the organic Nigerians ; the ones that are really going through the Nigerian struggle. This thread shows the body language of most Nigerians deep deep down.
You'd never see people talk this deep and true on IG or even Twitter. Over there they're still practicing 'fake unity' because their potential employer could be on there. Even when you sense tribalistic comment on there, you look away.

NIGERIANS ARE NOT UNITED. WE ARE NOT UNITED ETHNICALLY, NEITHER ARE WE UNITED IN PURPOSE. We are entirely different people. It's just like asking USA and Mexico to merge because they're close to each other. That's a crime and a slap on mother nature's face.

The issue of forcing unity is a farce in itself. No two people from different ethnic groups could agree on here. I know my brother and he knows me. Me and my ethnic brother can quarrel but last last na Oba go settle am and that's it for that. If English was never introduced to us, we'd not even be having this discussion because there'd be conflict of language.

For humanity, for the sake of culture and for prosperity, we as motherland people must realize these facts, accept our history and do the right thing; restructure! - because the project "Nigeria" will never be successful.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Zionmdde: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
tonididdy:
I haven't said igbo-s are criminals.
I only said I have a personal stance never to employ any for labour.
I only have a primary reason as "self centeredness".
I didn't even go as far as giving instances why.
I don't intend to tarnish the igbo tribe.
I am an Edo man and grew up in rumigbo (PH)
I'm not Yoruba. You are attacking me from a tribal angle.
My personal decision has nothing to do with shame naming any tribe.
Ogbeni keep ur personal decision in ur pocket. That ur stance is not healthy for public consumption so pocket it and shut up. This is a public space. U are very tribalistic. Once u start association crime with a tribe, den u are a bigot
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by tonididdy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

Ogbeni keep ur personal decision in ur pocket. That ur stance is not healthy for public consumption so pocket it and shut up. This is a public space. U are very tribalistic. Once u start association crime with a tribe, den u are a bigot
My business my decisions.
When you are privilege to run your own companies, you can employ any tribe as you like.
This is my last on this.
You are a typical igboman, your mindset is set that everyone else except igbo hates you.

... Well that's your piece of cake.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by EverestMajur: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes I have, I base in Enugu and there was a time I got an invite from a private firm for an interview after applying for the post of a PR and after the interview, the Yoruba man who's the MD told me that am good but he doesn't need an Igbo indigene for such role. He further stated that he wants such roles to be occupied by a Yoruba or Niger Delta indigene when the firm is in Enugu and am still wondering why they sent me an invite at first as that of an Igbo extraction.
Anyway, am still not employed yet but I've been able to develop myself in the areas of radio production,content creation, am also a radio anchor and a voice-over- artiste, over the years I've been able to get trained in different broadcasting ethics and am glad I did, I read Linguistics and Literary studies and those trainings have bridged any gap I ought to encounter later in my would be mass media career.
God dey and my time dey come, make we no give up.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Amhappy(f): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles. I'm kin to SE. It's exactly why people should built healthy relationships with other people and not act irrationally. While there may be a claim on stereotypes, tribal hating and all, let's be objective that many times the igbo dude would act like to hell with it and goes all out to do and undo. This is what it always leads to... That attitude of I don't give a hoot and to hell with consequences. It's the exact attitude that makes people characterise the Igbos as people to be careful with. In this scenario, it's not tribal hating but what the average igbo man does.

Before anyone misconstrues my points. In all houses I've lived in, I've conducted myself so peaceable and gentle that mu landlords even friends all looked for people from my tribe to get involved with. Why? Their experiences from dealing with me. Close to 4 friends got married to people from my tribe because of how how interconnected with me and how I impressed on them. Regardless of what happens in all the houses I lived in, nothing touches me. In the village I have projects setup, people love me from the entrance of the city into the interiors

My dear, tell igbos to stop the to hell attitude
and work on building good relations with people. There are thousands of such stories above. It's not tribal hating, it's the igbotic attitude

Surprised that as kin you hold this view. That bullish part of an Igbo is very useful in the jungle business world only if you know where to use it. I have worked for a SW man before and it was a good experience. He even asked me to return if I want but I've moved on.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Zionmdde: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
tonididdy:

My business my decisions.
When you are privilege to run your own companies, you can employ any tribe as you like.
This is my last on this.
You are a typical igboman, your mindset is set that everyone else except igbo hates you.

... Well that's your piece of cake.
Hahaha ha company like 2 by 2 batcher. I don't know why rascals always have a field day bragging on NL.
Ogbeni sharrap there.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Babysho(m): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
Go through what our youths wrote concerning this question then you will see the reason why Nigerian youths cannot be trusted with the governance of this country. These youths are not better than the likes of Buhari / Tinubu / Jonathan / Atiku.

From this post you can see that Nigerian youths are Tribalistic in nature. Same country, same people still we are discriminating against each other.

You assuming we're the same people because Lugard said so is even a bigger problem. We're not united as a people or in purpose. We all want different things. The British Project called NIGGA-AREA needs to split and go back to their geographical areas for steady progress to return not this back and forth nonsensically practice for elitist gain.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Igboid: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
olmoRoc:
Yes, at an oil company in the early 90s. I was told I wasn't an indigene by several of the panelist.

It was the same story at NNPC. They were looking to hire locals - that was what the Info man who was one of the interviewers told me. When I relented, he started saying my school cert wasn't mine because he didn't see me scoring an "A" in physics.

It was humiliating. He actually kept on until one of his peers shouted that that wasn't the reason we were there.

If you're still at NNPC Mr. Ibo man and reading this, just know that for the last 18 years, I've been earning more than you besides what you make through corruption and bunkering.

Are you sure you are not mistaking a Mr Ikwerre, Ogba, Etche or Ekpeye, who is also Mr Bini man for Mr Igbo?
Those people bear names people like you easily mistake for Igbo names.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Ashirioluwa: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Babysho:

You assuming we're the same people because Lugard said so is even a bigger problem. We're not united as a people or in purpose. We all want different things. The British Project called NIGGA-AREA needs to split and go back to their geographical areas for steady progress to return not this back and forth nonsensically practice for elitist gain.
Same human beings. Same black people. We cried when we get discriminated against in a foreign land by white men but we forget to address the discrimination issues among black folks. Black against black.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by IME1: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Emmbanny:
God will surly bless you. In Jesus name
Amen and you too, amen!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Babysho(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Same human beings. Same black people. We cried when we get discriminated against in a foreign land by white men but we forget to address the discrimination issues among black folks. Black against black.

Right but it happens everywhere. Even the whites are not as united as the media makes us perceive it. If you live in the UK, you'd know that the irish hates England, the Scottish hate the Irish. BUT they have a sense of unity of purpose.

Nigga-Area on the other hand, lacks both unity of ethnicity and also unity of purpose. We as motherland people have to reset. Even if we're going to hate on each other, let's do it from our natural geographic area. Don't let it affect actual economic growth of everyone.

United States wey everybody dey speak English do Presidency of One. Nigga-Area wey people get thousands of languages too dey do Presidency of One. Haba! How?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Gireiboy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
mabea:
I don't why you people reason like this but I must say it is the most irrational way of reasoning. I can share a similar experience with a yoruba supervisor but that won't make me call out all yorubas. There's no crime the Igbos commit that the other tribes don't but then you people must call out the Igbos at every given situation.
You mean just like you called out Hausa/Fulani's and their religion at any given opportunity.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fixey:

My project will be fully set up within a year I will also be careful with igbo appointments.

If igbos continues to see things as people hate them rather than infer rational lessons, there can't be behavioral improvement and betterment of the soul. It would pay you to listen to the counsel I raised. One side of me is from SE yet I dare to say what I say and stand by it.
Hahaha, oga go and sit down, you can't pay an Igbo man.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by lagonovo: 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
Is the Tribalists Convention here over? grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by zigzagluv: 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
ur generation are shameless bigot
nonut:

The pretentious tribalists always have Igbos as friends or even marry them(eg Femi Fani-Kayode)
Doesn't change the fact that you're a shameless bigot.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by BioGreen: 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
lagonovo:
Is the Tribalists Convention here over? grin

Guess they are in recess hopefully to reconvene grin

Man in his "fallen" estate is something else - we all need to be reborn in Christ!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by nonut: 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
zigzagluv:
ur generation are shameless bigot
E pain am!
Mr "I have Igbo friends".
Fake life kee you there.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Gireiboy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

Sharrap tribalistic thing. Igbo this igbo dat kee u there. Is it not northerners dat is majorly at the helm of affairs in this country and all the federal government parastatals, from nnpc to cbn etc, how is d country going. So its good to say all hausas are corrupt abi. Tribalism kee u and ur fellow midgets there
to CBN indeed!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by IvarDboneless: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes and yes I dey comeback
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DonMekino(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
hollah123:
guy it's like I know d company d op is talking about,I also had a very bitter experience with an Igbo guy n I am 100% sure the company never employ an Igbo staff till date.

We were like 7 guys posted to a neighbouring state from d company on a contract job of 7 months of which they are to provide accommodation for us with light,water n other conveniences.
we got to the site n they kept us in a face me I slap u with no light n water,we complained to our team leader n he told us everything is under control n negotiation that since they didn't provide conveniences as stated that we will b compensated.unknown to us that this guy have sent a report to head office that we have been well taken care of and he even went to the extent of snapping an hotel n sending it to d head office claiming it was our lodge.

we suffered throughout our stay n these Igbo team leader keep blocking all attempt to reach our head office, unknown to us that he has been heavily settled without paying us a dime.

After,the contract each if us wrote individual report n submitted it to the head office only for it to contradict what our Igbo team leader claimed.
A round table meeting was called and the guy was sacked n I remember d MD made a statement jokingly n I quote "it's like u Igbos need money than all of us ooo, maybe we should hold on for u b4 u sell all of us"......till now I learnt they haven't employed any Igbo till date.

I don't know what makes d Igbos think they are smarter than others n they need money than others

u still fell victim of the same stereotyping. so he did it because he is igbo or because that's his personal character? I am a businessman, and let me tell you, I try so hard not to treat the Yoruba ppl within our business environment differently from others because I see all of us as being in the same hustle. in general, a Yoruba guy can take good on credit and it becomes a problem for him to pay. but there are some of them that don't behave that way...will I now use the bad ones to stereotype the good ones? even though I have every reason to, I still believe that personal attitude plays 90% role in such situations. afterall, all the looting of treasury we hear in the Federal govt, how many are igbos? yet they are seen as lovers of money and thieves
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by selemempe: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fixey:

My project will be fully set up within a year I will also be careful with igbo appointments.

If igbos continues to see things as people hate them rather than infer rational lessons, there can't be behavioral improvement and betterment of the soul. It would pay you to listen to the counsel I raised. One side of me is from SE yet I dare to say what I say and stand by it.
mynd44 you are very sick. So you hid all my replies to this guy while allowing his very bigoted and dangerous posts to stand? To hell with you, seun and your useless nairaland. God punish all of you. Nonsense. Ban me. I won't even open another account. I have just had enough this time around
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by selemempe: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles. I'm kin to SE. It's exactly why people should built healthy relationships with other people and not act irrationally. While there may be a claim on stereotypes, tribal hating and all, let's be objective that many times the igbo dude would act like to hell with it and goes all out to do and undo. This is what it always leads to... That attitude of I don't give a hoot and to hell with consequences. It's the exact attitude that makes people characterise the Igbos as people to be careful with. In this scenario, it's not tribal hating but what the average igbo man does.

Before anyone misconstrues my points. In all houses I've lived in, I've conducted myself so peaceable and gentle that mu landlords even friends all looked for people from my tribe to get involved with. Why? Their experiences from dealing with me. Close to 4 friends got married to people from my tribe because of how how interconnected with me and how I impressed on them. Regardless of what happens in all the houses I lived in, nothing touches me. In the village I have projects setup, people love me from the entrance of the city into the interiors

My dear, tell igbos to stop the to hell attitude and work on building good relations with people. There are thousands of such stories above. It's not tribal hating, it's the igbotic attitude
just look at a post you allowed to stand while banning mine. You guys are very wicked here
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by zigzagluv: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
kill u too
nonut:

E pain am!
Mr "I have Igbo friends".
Fake life kee you there.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by vickydevoka(m): 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
ariesbull:

You are not ...igbo,. That is meant to thicken you and prepare you for success....

In igbo land they don't celebrate weaklings and failure...abeg ask your mama who your father is , you are not igbo , trust me

U de poor ur anger on me.
Take it or leave it. If u go Anambra or some part of Enugu u go de watin I de talk. If u no get money sorry. Imo people and Abia are more accommodating. I be nsukka boy . Buh I go tell u my mind
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Hausa(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Gbagura:
I've said it that Igbos can't even play this tribal cards they claim to be good at. Yorubas treat their f'up silently with no noise. Those igbos that have been messed up several times understand what I'm saying. Those 'Lagos is a no man's land' chanters have had their fair share of the real owners of Lagos.

I love humanity regardless of who you are but growing up, I realized most igbos doesn't deserve to be loved cos they openly claim to hate you yet I don't understand why they've refused to stop coming to Yoruba land. You tend to hate people, you then had to come to their land to show them that you hate them and you expect not to be hammered on the head in response?

Civil War never ended in reality. The advantage Yoruba have is that people troop to our region more than the other way round.

Watch them start spewing trash instead of looking for ways to get their heads reset.
It is said that the area or environment you grow up in influences you. This is what must've happened to you, unfortunately. Such that after many years, one can see how you're spewing it. It sounds bitter and hurtful. And the way I see it, I can tell from the tone that it's eating you deeply on the inside. Good news is some of us didn't have these kind of experiences until we got much older. Education even helped to make us have a better understanding of the anomaly.

You're either too young, not too educated, or have little or no experience. I wish you gain more of the aforementioned moving forward. It'll go a long way.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DonMekino(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
slodot2000:

Working in Yoruba company is the worst thing that can happen to you. They will frustrate you till you resign. In a Yoruba company, everybody is not equal, they will make sure Yoruba heads every department qualified or not. Then they only promote their people, pay them every single benefits merited and unmerited and keep other tribes the position they employed them. no promotion, no salary increase. I resigned from a Company because Yoruba took mgt of the firm from Kenyans and decided to sack 95% of Igbos just because of hatred from the head of operations. I was part of the remaining 5% and they gave us hell. The finance head will tell me to my face that he hates Igbos with passion and that if had the opportunity he will wipe out the tribe from the face of the earth.
They sack the Igbos without paying them benefits and ask them to engage a lawyer if they feel aggrieved that's how bad it is.
If a Yoruba person commits a sack offence, they iether hide the info or they will treat it with soft glove as if nothing happened and the person walks free even without a query.
Woe betide you if Igbo person defaults, you are gone, without investigation nor panel to defend yourself, that is if you're not arrested and locked up depending on the offence.

Example is the Redeemed Church Of God.....I don't need to elaborate
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Hausa(m): 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
legba1:

The same attitude... In my Oldman compound in Okotawe use to be surrounded by this tribe, we have them as tenants and we get on well, yes there are a pocket here and there who will blow their sound systems at the peak volume and will call your bluffs when you complain but meeeen we had a great time together. No stereo typing.... We were brothers we were Nigerians...
Pls let stop this SE/SS/SW wahala.. It won't do us good as our common enemy is maintaining a single front. I come in peace
"...by this tribe."
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Gbagura: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hausa:
It is said that the area or environment you grow up in influences you. This is what must've happened to you, unfortunately. Such that after many years, one can see how you're spewing it. It sounds bitter and hurtful. And the way I see it, I can tell from the tone that it's eating you deeply on the inside. Good news is some of us didn't have these kind of experiences until we got much older. Education even helped to make us have a better understanding of the anomaly.

You're either too young, not too educated, or have little or no experience. I wish you gain more of the aforementioned moving forward. It'll go a long way.
Albert Einstein, weldone. Ancient of days, weldone. Elon Musk, weldone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thanks N/L. Got A New Job Yesterday / Forum Guidelines & Valuable Information for Job Seekers / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.