Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto (35168 Views)

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Man Shares His Encounter With A 22 Years Old Female Mechanic In Abuja / Fire Guts Mechanic Shop In Delta, Cars Destroyed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by VEXT: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
The Director-General of the National Automotive Design and Development Council, NADDC, Jelani Aliyu, has commissioned the first female mechanic workshop in Sokoto State.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that the workshop is a private initiative of NANA Girls and Women Empowerment Initiative, aimed at breaking the gender stereotype in car repairs and maintenance.

Speaking at the occasion, Mr Aliyu congratulated the newly trained female mechanics, urging them to work hard in order to achieve greater heights.

He said: “I am proud that this is happening right here. This is really big, it is the type of news that needs to be read in international magazines and be seen on places like CNN,

“When we do this we are not just empowering women or girls, we are empowering the very fabric of society and humanity

“I’m very delighted that this is happening and to see this being spearheaded here is truly amazing,” he added.

In his presentation Mr Aliyu commended the virtues of NANA’s establishment of the female mechanic workshop, describing it as an “impressive development”.

According to him, the initiative will not only create job opportunities but also provide income to women in the field of mechanical engineering.

The director-general, therefore, promised collaboration with NANA as an agency in the area of technical support that will add value to the innovation.

https://dailynigerian.com/first-female-mechanic-shop/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Lyrics269: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2021
New strategy to gain customers

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2021
hmm nice business strategy

12 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Amotolongbo(f): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
Who will now be fixing the underneath the car?

Hope the ladies aren’t “dorathy” or “Cossy Orjiakor”, cos that will be the hinderance from fixing the spoilt part underneath the car

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Sonoyom(m): 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
I may sound odd, but I don't give a fvck. I say it the way I see it and not to pls anyone's line of thought.

It may be viewed as hard work, but to me that's arrant nonsense. I mean female being a mechanic. Auto Mechanic is not a feminine trade.

You can bullshit yourself that what a man can do and all the bla bla bla, but that is your business and deep within, you know is all self deception.

I cant imagine my wife being a mechanic or giving my car to a female to fix, very awkward.

Similarly, a man hairstylist is just an idiot. undecided

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by FalseProphet1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
I see more female mechanical workshop opening across the country, I see these slay queens unable to fix little issues with cars, I see them spoiling customers cars, I see cars breaking down anyhow on the roads, I see the whole major roads and expressways in Nigeria littered with broken down cars, I see movement across states impossible, I see people resorting to tereeking. This I have seen.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by slawormiir: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright. ......
Am going reside in Sokoto....so that when my low budget ass voltron and venza get faulty....ama take it to this mechanic
Damnnn ...that sweet moment....after this baby girls are done fixing your car...then you tell them to hop in....so we can test the ride together. We begin to do fast and furious on da elm street of Sokoto
merits:

See you just because of pussy, and if God want to catch you make all of them gang up and rape you till you pass out.what are you going to tell your creator?
You know that ain't gonna happen...
Even if it happens...ama real niggarrr....am gonna withstand it

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Dalil8: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
Lyrics269:
New strategy to gain customers

Lmaoo when male mechanics still dey?

1 Like

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Karleb(m): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
This is selfish.
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by aylive02(m): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
angryT5

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Offpoint1: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
Great, we need more of it nationwide...

Get real thousands/Millions of:
Youtube subscribers/views
FB/IG/TWT followers/Like

Reach me via the contact on my signature

1 Like

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Unityp: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Even when they don`t know much about their work,most men will still prefer to go there and u will never see any female car owner there shocked shocked

9 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by kingxsamz(m): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nawa...shey that hijab na by force? undecided

11 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by GeneralPula: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Most of them are looking beautiful..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Lamasta(m): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
All this ones na mechanic so grin

2 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Hambivert: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Give these female mechanics semi-revealing dresses and watch how Hisbah would flock there to have a glimpse of Tinz™ with the pretext of going to shutdown the place!

My people Fear North! For the Lord is on our side!

This is sparogatively a beautiful business strategy, that is designed in retrospect to the unquenchable libido of the Alhaji's...

You see a mechanic workshop...I see a bridal store!

Happy Women Day!

6 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by MikeMicheal(m): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
I AM SURE THEY DONT ONLY REPAIR CARS, THEY REPAIR ...........
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by doxijaw: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fantastic. Love it!

1 Like

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Harrybliss(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
nice of them
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Cti28(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Other Mechanic workshop should follow suit, other wise they will run at loss.

New workshop for Hausa men - Their love for women is unmatched by any.

1 Like

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by vickydevoka(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Sharia law even for mechanic shop?
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by BUSHHUNTER: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by tot(f): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nice one. Kudos to them.
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Pidginwhisper: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
wink
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Massiveglory: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Mechanic work with hijab!
Are u ladies serious?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by zikter(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Great, if they know what they are doing, customers will come

2 Likes

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Kennyfancy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Ok
Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by Lyrics269: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Dalil8:

Lmaoo when male mechanics still dey?

Guys will be rushing them na, even if the car no get fault dem go find fault put am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto by makemoneywbsite: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Soudi Arabia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Princess Diana's Armored 1987 Rolls-royce Silver Spur Sold For 16.2million Naira / Trailer Falls On Vehicle From Bridge In Port-Harcourt. (See Photos) / Mercedes Unveils A-Class. It Redefines Modern Luxury With A Futuristic Interior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.