Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Share Your Kindness Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Kindness Experience (196 Views)

Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017. / Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Kindness Experience by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
_______
Re: Share Your Kindness Experience by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
---
Re: Share Your Kindness Experience by onyikes(m): 1:18am On Mar 09, 2021
blizard44:
Like play , like play na so I enter Lagos o

Prior to coming here I heard there were jobs everywhere.
Except you're a graduate though.
"There is no limited demand for unskilled labour " ,they said.
And the plan was : Come around, try to hitch a job that will give you where to put your head, and then hustle.

But, for where?
grin

If e easy like that , fowl go dey piss nah.

I walked. I did!

OJODU BERGER
IKEJA.
AMUWO ODODIN
MILE2.
TIN CAN.
APAPA WHARF.

I scoured everywhere for jobs.
Na there I know about GNLD. Jobless people wey wan give you job. grin .

I left home with a little above #9,000.
Less transport, I was left with barely 4,000.

With a little lie here and another there, I got to sleep inside buses in the park.

Four days and I was already burned out and spent.
Told myself "You ain't going back to Benin, man".

"You still dey do ajebo, enter street. Near under Bridge. This CV wey you dey carry upandan no go do am. Meet men wey dey the game. Why you dey dull na, abi you no wan get work?"; whirled the voice in my head.

There was this public Rest House I patronised after all the waka waka. It's holed between those crisscross of bridge network that run through ijora.
Na there I go baf o.

I come wait make day dark small , then I kuku join the long faces waiting under the bridge. Night wore it's hat and we all blended and faded into the shadows.

2am, na so person tap me..
Camouflaged head to toe.
A soldier.
He demanded to know who I'm and what I'm up to.
I spilled.
A quick search followed and I was examined head to toe.

Found clean, he took me to their base.

They guarded the Monstrous Electronic Advertisement Board that illuminates the night so brightly.

There, I slept for once like a human.

Before I slept , I remember us talking about the risk I took.
How a lot have ended in Kirikiri for just being at the wrong place.
How he has sent in his resignation letter and awaiting confirmation.
How Task Force were randomly picking up homeless people as rumours had it Boko Haram had infiltrated Lagos and more. We warmed up too quickly and in the morning, I woke up to see he's gone. I couldn't say thank you.

And can't thank him enough.

I believe he must at some point in time also ne visited by the favour he showed to you, most times the good ones do not receive the thanks, but they still keep doing good anyways

(1) (Reply)

Premium E Liquid - Vapour Vape / Happy Birthday SMS Quotes & Wishes / April Fools’ Day:the Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.