Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban (21009 Views)

Naira In Transition, Not Jinxed – Bismarck Rewane / 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane / 2023: Trouble For Osinbajo - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by TheRareGem1(f): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2021
Bismarck Rewane, chief executive officer of Financial Derivatives Company, says Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s comment on the ban of cryptocurrency boosted his respect for him.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had recently directed banks and other financial institutions to close accounts of persons or entities involved in cryptocurrency transactions.

The apex bank had said cryptocurrencies pose the risk of loss of investment, money laundering, terrorism financing, illicit fund flows and other criminal activities.

But Osinbajo had urged the CBN and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to come up with robust regulations for cryptocurrencies.

Delivering a paper at a public lecture organised by a pan-Nigerian coalition, Building the Future Forum (BTFF), in Abuja, Rewane said Osinbajo’s remarks pleased him.

The event was organised in celebration of Osinbajo’s 64th birthday on Monday.

Rewane said Nigeria needs people like Osinbajo to promote policies that will allow the private sector thrive. He commended the vice-president for his efforts in improving the conduct of businesses in Nigeria.

We need people in public life who have candor like Prof Osinbajo and more than anything else, we need people like him who can make the private sector feel at ease in the policy-making community. Once again, happy birthday to a leader of the people, societies, and enterprises,” he said.

“His recent remarks on the prohibition of cryptocurrencies in which he said that we must not regulate out of fear but with knowledge, was another defining moment in my respect for a mind that comes across without ruffling feathers but clearly and distinctly about the honest and efficient truth. I remember once again how under his stewardship, the adoption of the I&E window, which was a major achievement in stabilising the naira at a time of turbulence in the 2016-17 recession.

“Nigeria today has made remarkable achievements in the ease of doing business matrix. Nigeria is the leading country according to the Economist Pocket Book of Figures with 39.9% of its citizens either as nascent or direct entrepreneurs.

“I interacted with the celebrant in 2016 and 2017 when he called for presentations to the Economic Management Team (EMT). We consulted with his team in finalising the minimum wage study in 2019, in what was an impossible deadline, which we met miraculously.

“I have also watched closely the various interventions in removing bottlenecks in the way of businesses in Nigeria with the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) initiatives.”

Osinbajo, who attended the event virtually, said he was honoured to have been celebrated.

The event was attended by Babatunde Fashola, minister of works and housing; Rauf Aregbesola, minister of internal affairs; Kayode Fayemi, governor of Ekiti; among others.

https://www.thecable.ng/rewane-my-respect-for-osinbajo-grew-after-comment-on-crypto-ban

12 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by TheRareGem1(f): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2021
He's such a intelligent man

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Monogamy: 7:31am On Mar 09, 2021
grin grin

Purely wash statement...

Congratulate the VP and save us the epistle

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Redoil: 7:32am On Mar 09, 2021
empty talk from the VP that has no respect from the CBN and banks

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by okefranci: 7:43am On Mar 09, 2021
I am not surprised at osinbanjo condemned the ban of crypto because he's such an intelligent, intellectual man

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by ojokolax: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Clearly you are in possession of an empty faculty clearly unable to discern that the words weren't from the VP nor to recall that the CBN actually appreciated the recommendations made by Prof. Osinbajo

Redoil:
empty talk from the VP that has no respect from the CBN and banks

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by OgundeleTeju: 8:31am On Mar 09, 2021
He is a man after God’s heart

7 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by SarkinYarki: 8:37am On Mar 09, 2021
Let's stop decieving ourselves there is nothing intelligent about crypto , it simply a pump and dump ponzi operations which will leave many many losers than winners

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by inoki247: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2021
Since the talk shey dem don lift the ban....

Them no dey ban breeze everyone don move on na mumu person go dey du local trading before...

2 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Mogajunior(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2021
Osibanjo should become Nigeria's next president.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2021
Statement grin
Not even action
Honestly eeh some people need brain swap
Well osibanjo is free to make a statement without action after all talk is cheap

3 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Thunder1010: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2021
angry
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
The best Vice President in the history of Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Encomium pouring from all sides for this great man.

1 Like

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by slawormiir: 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by The5DME(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
who cares?
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mogajunior:
Osibanjo should become Nigeria's next president.
Na him good and true Nigerians go vote for.
Nothing wey any bloody wailer fit do about am

3 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by nonsochiobu: 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
All these old text book economists
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by merits(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
wink
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Subzero047: 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
All Osibanjo paid e-rats are gallivanting in this thread, go and tell him he will never be president of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Justdogood(m): 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Since my Vp said this................................,

the future is Male

1 Like

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Macphenson: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
It's funny how the e-rats up there are praising Osibanjo.

Sincerely speaking Osibanjo is a disgrace to the church, the legal and the academic community.

What did his comment change about the ban on cryptocurrencies?

He should have directed the CBN governor to lift the ban on cryptocurrency, or better still.meet his principal and press on him to order the CBN to lift the ban.

It's unfortunate that he just commented like everyother Nigerian, yet he is the number two citizen, the question now.is," OF WHAT USE IS OSIBANJO BEING THE VP?

A whole lot of things are going wrong in the country today, from security, to Economy, to education but he has been conspicuously silent.

In this case his silence is no longer golden but may be see as assent to the numerous ills bedevilling the nation.

For those that may argue that he has no powers to act, he can simply resign to show his disdain for this disasterous administration. That would have made him more honourable and a whole lot of Nigerians will respect him the more and definitely vote him if he contests for.president.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by blazepascal(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
sad

damn nigger
issoright
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by merits(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Let's stop decieving ourselves there is nothing intelligent about crypto , it simply a pump and dump ponzi operations which will leave many many losers than winners

Abeg tell them ooo, they won't hear.
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Wealthyone: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
TheRareG smileyem1:
He's such a intelligent man

An intelligent man you mean?
Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by Kingstanding: 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
OgundeleTeju:
He is a man after God’s heart
. Say who? Yeye dey smell. Oh I forgot that you're the P.A to God on holiness matter.

1 Like

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by superlanny(m): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
SarkinYarki:
ignorance na big disease o. Chai

3 Likes

Re: Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban by aviara: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
And you are not disturbed that after he publicly claimed to be in charge of the economic management team of the nation, the Nigerian economy is in total shamble with unemployment and inflation at an all time high. We have experience two recession since he began managing the economy and Nigeria has also become the world capital of poverty. Eku ise starboy Osibanjo, kwantinu, posterity will judge you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Juju Oath Of Political Godfathers (Opinion) / Farah Dagogo Gets Bail After Two Months In Detention / Sanwo-Olu Opens Peace Park In Ketu, Commits Youths To Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.