Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? (1775 Views)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? / Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by MrCork17: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
OK! Are we trapped in a swaganetic line of thoughts or is this just a myth.

What say you. . Pls do not derail & pls be kind to the dark skin sisters. Cheeers!! angry
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by chic2pimp(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
It's called preference!!!

Some Men like their Woman Dark Skinned while others like em' light skinned.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by kokoye(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
It is a choice . . although majority have been influenced by the exact slave mentality that you speak off.

Imagine a mother using a bleaching cream on an infant!

A few years ago, the in thing as a black person was to look well fed while staying healthy and fit.

But now, because some race (mostly european caucasians) have decided that you have to look anorexic to be pretty, trust blacks to jump on anything their slave masters say.

I saw a poetry competition on HBO yesterday. This dark skinned lady from New York brought almost everyone to tears with her poem - about how her black mother wouldnt touch her with a long pole due to the color of her skin. cry
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Mcleo007(m): 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2011
Different strokes for different folks. Each one to his/her taste. Some like them fair-skinned,others ebony. Some men like them fat, some on †ђξ moderate turn. So!
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by desholah(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
I seconded Kokoye!
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by MsPotato(f): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2011
I like them all!
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
It is true that some just prefer light skin and some prefer dark skin, however it is undeniable that some men still associate having a light skinned woman on their arm as a sign of improved status, it is sad in a time when status should be based on meritocracy not skin colour.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by 190: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2011
cork have you seen shocked shocked

shes light skinned
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Arosa(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
caribchic:

It is true that some just prefer light skin and some prefer dark skin, however it is undeniable that some men still associate having a light skinned woman on their arm as a sign of improved status, it is sad in a time when status should be based on meritocracy not skin colour.
That may be true in the Caribbean but not in Naija.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Igwe419: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
Dark women are the best, light skinned women are generally associate with prostitution in many parts in Africa

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by 190: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
Igwe419:

Dark women are the best, light skinned women are generally associate with prostitution in many parts in Africa

Igwe H.S.O.F.N

story undecided
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by maeesha(f): 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
Igwe nawa o sad undecided cry
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by MzGreat(f): 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
Igwe419:

Igwe H.S.O.F.N

get your facts right
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
The way you go about it cork, it's slave mentality yes.
and this topic and the subject is older than Jesus's toe nails cheesy
let it go.

but since I am here. . .

As Foxy Brown said, which I can attest to, most dudes [I know which are A LOT],
would do anything to have a BAD dark skinned chic on their arms. Light skinned women have been over hyped.

Get mad if you want but it's a fact. I myself am chocolate complected and I want
my complexion and darker. I have a thing for dark men. It's preference but it's self hatred to say
one is BETTER than the other.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Igwe419: 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
I wrote the truth

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by maeesha(f): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
Jst shut up cry
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by maeesha(f): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2011
Jst shut up
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Igwe419: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
Go to hell if you think I am wrong, I know these things.

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by DaRapture: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

The way you go about it cork, it's slave mentality yes.
and this topic and the subject is older than Jesus's toe nails cheesy
let it go.

but since I am here. . .

As Foxy Brown said, which I can attest to, most dudes [I know which are A LOT],
would do anything to have a BAD dark skinned chic on their arms. Light skinned women have been over hyped.

Get mad if you want but it's a fact. I myself am chocolate complected and I want
my complexion and darker. I have a thing for dark men. It's preference but it's self hatred to say
one is BETTER than the other.

Hey, is that you in your Avatar pic?
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by livedit(f): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
I also agree with kokoye on this one. I also want to add growing up as a young girl, I use to think dark skinned people were unattractive. I would say, I could never marry someone dark and with big lips. They either had to be "high yellow" or "white." I remember my older brothers use to always crack on my sister and call her a "blackie" because she was dark skinned. Until one day I grew up and life hit me. I was prejudice against my own race. You look at the older movies back in the day. I mean way back. (no color television) why was all the dark people the butler or something and they always made those ugly dumb faces and I do believe they use to paint their faces even darker to make them look less appealing.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by adamsrib(f): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am "high yellow" and my husband is dark chocolate, it is strictly a preference.   For anyone to see more value in someone solely because of their color, is a i.d.i.o.t.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Pweety4me(f): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
Mrfork are yu complaining?i thought banana skinned light girls were ur favourite!
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by kandikane: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
Igwe419:

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Ignorant piece of shi[i][/i]t. *spits*
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Igwe419: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
There is a saying, "The loosest is the lightest" - make whaver you want with that proverb

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by Phate07(m): 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2011

Light skinned babes rock! undecided
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by kandikane: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
I have noticed that light skinned/white is associated with beauty,
Have you heard the phrase" you are pretty for a darkskin". So because you are pretty you should have been lightskinned or is it a shocker that a darkskin is beautiful?
I think for some blacks it might be slave mentality but I doubt it. Slave mentality is been used as an excuse to get away with discrimination against darkskin,
Whiter/lighter skin has always been considered more beautiful centuries and centuries before slavery.
In Africa growing up skin tone was never a concern for me until I travelled and went back that is when I noticed peoples concern with skin-tone.

I think darkskinned not brown but really dark skinned is beautiful. I love the tone of that particular skintone I do not know why but I think its a fetish that needs to be controlled smiley

If I was a guy I would go for darkskinned females.
As I woman I am attracted to darkskinned men.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by melidee: 3:11pm On May 02, 2011
@Arosa

I hate it when people just lie blatant Africans are more into social status then any other black people unless you want to lie. Other than this why do we need to state no its the carribeans. Ask anybody and they will tell you. You hardly see a carribean with a white girl not ones that were born in the carribean anyway and when they do they leave them in the house you can hardly see a carribean male walking street with white people or even light skinned. Not like their African counterparts who love anything to do with social staus.
Re: Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? by tpia5: 3:17pm On May 02, 2011
i wasnt going to post on a cork topic, but i have to point out, like i said on the other light/dark thread, the attraction of light skin women for jet black men, may be nature's way of balancing something.

light-light combinations in africans, if left unchecked and continually enforced from generation to generation, might lead to some form of albinism [or] genetic mutations.

just my opinion and i could be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews To All Pool Stakers And Foothball Stakes / Come Here And Drop Ur Funny Photo Caption Lets Know The Funniest / Robert Mugabe's Famous Quote On Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.