Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) (51409 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures) / Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / Snakes And Scorpions On Project Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Jollylolly(f): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
carlos1:
Dats buhari n osibanjo
Even your family problem, na them cause am.

Ndi ara
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by symbianDON(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
no be only 7 eko, na 7 ekuru angry angry

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Nmezor(f): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
Glad it didn't sting u guys
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by tutudesz: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
dapadawee:

dirty mind
Must boyfriend and girlfriend mean relationship
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by shiffynaani(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
EXOUSIAng:
LoL ignorance tho..
OP this scorpions are not deadly.
as a matter of fact it is a 100x better for this one to sting you than the other smaller brown one.
This just looks scary.
my people call it the friendly scorpion.
but if you doubt allow that other small brown one to sting you them and open a new thread to tell us how you feel.
PS: I have been stung by both so I am actually speaking from experience for
bro, what can one quickly do if stung by scorpion? Thanks
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by AerialMapper: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Emperor Scorpions are non-venomous!

With scorpions...the bigger the pincers the less venomous. Mess around with a deathstalker...as the name implies...death will stalk you.

The idea is, the bigger scorpions can tackle the prey with the pincers and therefore do not rely on venom but the ones with the tiny pincers need much more venom and less brawn to incapacitate

3 Likes

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Help you thank God.....shey you no get mouth?
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by blacknoir: 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oboy thank God for your life,every1 shld becareful this heat wave is going to bring out a lot of creeping animals ,I wish each and every1 of us safety
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by mykeni: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
How true is this?

If these scorpions sting you, you gonna eat about 7 paps before you can be healed from the pain

Thank God for my life and lives of my colleagues oooi
This is desert scorpion. They are not deadly nor painful like the other spice. They lived in in holes as male and female.

1 Like

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by dapadawee: 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:
Must boyfriend and girlfriend mean relationship
conscience they judge u hmmm I like u
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by tutudesz: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
dapadawee:

conscience they judge u hmmm
I like u
Na you reason relationship O!
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by abbaashiru(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
Sultty:
Buhari is a terrorist
funny dude... grin grin
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Christistruth00: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
How true is this?

If these scorpions sting you, you gonna eat about 7 paps before you can be healed from the pain

About 7 bitter Kolas will also help
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by credon: 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Hello everyone!
I want you to help me thank God that these two deadly scorpions didn't sting me or my colleagues last night.

I caught these two deadly scorpions live last night at Ifetedo, Ife South LGA, Osun State.

I was told that if these scorpions should sting you, you gonna eat about 7 paps (Eko) before you can be healed.

Menhh! I just thank God oooo.
My broda, its Noah's fault, he allowed them and snakes to enter the Ark, we would have had a pain free world by now
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by seunlayi(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
iamclime:

Tami n sanko! If you know, you know
lol
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by credon: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
AerialMapper:
Emperor Scorpions are non-venomous!

With scorpions...the bigger the pincers the less venomous. Mess around with a deathstalker...as the name implies...death will stalk you.

The idea is, the bigger scorpions can tackle the prey with the pincers and therefore do not rely on venom but the ones with the tiny pincers need much more venom and less brawn to incapacitate

From wikipedia

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by tnerro1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Which area you dey stay, so I will avoid it completely?
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Cryptomillion: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oh
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by tksam(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Hello everyone!
I want you to help me thank God that these two deadly scorpions didn't sting me or my colleagues last night.

I caught these two deadly scorpions live last night at Ifetedo, Ife South LGA, Osun State.

I was told that if these scorpions should sting you, you gonna eat about 7 paps (Eko) before you can be healed.

I served in ifetedo also
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Ademoore07(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
The one here will be less deadly. You see those smaller ones, most especially the brown species are the deadliest. If you survive its stings, then be ready to cope with the pain tha will last for weeks. Come to ogbomoso, precisely at stadium area down to Kuuye, you will find them there.
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by judedwriter(m): 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Lucky Chap....

Just one sting and your brain will reboot like a drained laptop.
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by brainhgeek(m): 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
There is no deadly scorpion species in Nigeria. Yes, their stings are very painful but can't kill you.
BTW, if you can start a scorpion farm today, you will become extremely rich in few months. The most expensive liquid in the world is scorpion venom. A gallon goes for at least, $39,000,000 (Thirty nine million dollars)
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by madjune(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Next thing, you will look for a way to cook and eat them.

It's well.
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Silentgroper(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
rita25:
VILLAGE PPLE REALLY CAME PREPARED YOU BETTER KILL THEM AS NA ONE UNCLE AND AUNTY FOR VILLAGE NOW DEY WAIT THEIR FATE AND IF YOU DONT KILL THEM THEY WILL STRIKE AND SUCEED NEXT TIME.............................I REPEAT KILL THEM NOW angry angry angry angry angry angry
Shut up please, will u?
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by aanexplus(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
Jeromejnr:
I learnt from a "Mummy" movie that the bigger they are, the less potent their sting.

But I saw a small scorpion sting my Uncle once, but nothing happened. So..I dunno. I am too lazy now to check Google.

Scorpions are not venomous. They inflict pain but nothing more than that...

Source: years of reading and closeup experiences
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by gaddafe(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2021
Jeromejnr:
I learnt from a "Mummy" movie that the bigger they are, the less potent their sting.

But I saw a small scorpion sting my Uncle once, but nothing happened. So..I dunno. I am too lazy now to check Google.

You are very correct. I've also been stung by those small scorpions at Ikorodu and nothing happened to me. What I found out is that not all scorpions have enough poison to kill a human. These particular ones are not too dangerous to humans. I've caught them severally at Abraka.

1 Like

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
shiffynaani:
bro, what can one quickly do if stung by scorpion? Thanks
First get a rope and tie the leg or hand to prevent the venom from flowing to the heart, then try and apply ice cold water or anything very chilled. it will help numb the pain
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Cujo007: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Why don't you try reading up about scorpions on Google and other places and get yourself informed instead of believing the words of some similarly ignorant people around you. You have access to the Internet, there's a load of information from experts available to you. Educate yourself and be informed.
Odewaleadesoye:
How true is this?

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Cujo007: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Very false statement. Education is really a problem in 9ja.

. quote author=EXOUSIAng post=99751064]
First get a rope and tie the leg or hand to prevent the venom from flowing to the heart, then try and apply ice cold water or anything very chilled. it will help numb the pain[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
A scorpion was what killed my elder sister...
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Fashionista01(f): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
Op, are u a scorpion hunter?
Re: The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Hello everyone!

I hope you didn't kill them. Their venom is worth real money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Check Your BVN Number With Your Mobile Phone Without Internet / The World's Smallest Generator / Alexei Leonov Dies! The First Human Ever To Walk In Space Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.