Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil (735 Views)

Mobil Oil Distributorship / Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by afesco: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
I have been servicing my benz c200 kompressor with Forte Oil but my brother advised me to start using Mobil Oil. When I told my mechanic abt it, he said it is good I stick to Forte Oil n dt it is not good to change oil. I want to ask if my mechanic is right or not.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by Zidane199(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mobil oil is the best

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by melviniyke2002(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
If u hv d resources, get Mobil 1.....ensure u hv d correct oil weight for ur car
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by afesco: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
Zidane199:
Mobil oil is the best
Thanks but my mechanic told me dt it is not good to change to another brand of oil as it is always good to stick to a particular oil.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by afesco: 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
melviniyke2002:
If u hv d resources, get Mobil 1.....ensure u hv d correct oil weight for ur call
Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by Zidane199(m): 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
afesco:
Thanks but my mechanic told me dt it is not good to change to another brand of oil as it is always good to stick to a particular oil.
it's better u follow his advice cos he may have some reasons y he said so

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2021
afesco:
Your Mechanic is right but since you're using an oil that is not trustworthy in terms of quality, I'd advice you to change to Mobil once and for all. I'd recommend Mobil 1 but it's expensive. Bought it for 29k 2 days ago. Remember to also use the recommended oil for your car. You should find the recommended oil at the cap of your engine.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by olumzzz(m): 5:39am On Mar 10, 2021
Don't change to Mobil 1 yet o.
You might damage your engine.
Answer these questions 1st.
How long have you been using forte oil?
Did you buy the car as Nigeria used or toks?
Do you have pictures of the forte oil you've been using?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by seanfer(m): 6:25am On Mar 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Your Mechanic is right but since you're using an oil that is not trustworthy in terms of quality, I'd advice you to change to Mobil once and for all. I'd recommend Mobil 1 but it's expensive. Bought it for 29k 2 days ago. Remember to also use the recommended oil for your car. You should find the recommended oil at the cap of your engine.

The OP has been using the 20w50 mineral oil since. I will advice if he’s changing to another brand he should go for Total quartz that’s the top grade mineral oil. All this forte and Mobil zhp are produced inside their shops.
Re: Is It Possible To Switch From Forrte Oil To Mobil Oil by afesco: 11:20am On Mar 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Keep The Metal Parts Of Your Car Rust-free / Scammers On Online Car Market / Banking Restrictions On ATM Mastercards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.