Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League (34365 Views)

FC Porto Vs Juventus : UCL (2 - 1) On 17th February 2021 / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League & Europa League So Far / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:25am On Mar 10, 2021
Never4getU:
I think is a new rule...90mins should have ended aggregate

The score line at 90mins FT was leveled (draw).

Winner had not emerged.

1st leg (at Porto's home) porto 2 - 1 Juve
2nd leg (at Juve's home) Juve 2 -1 porto

That's 3-3 with each team having the same goals at home and away.

That's equal even using aggregate.

Extra time must be played.

If it was goalless in the extra time, there would be a penalty shootout.

The score line was level at the 90 mins FT, and there must be a winner (to qualify).
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Kingdanfodio: 6:28am On Mar 10, 2021
Ademola47:

But something seems mixed up.
Since they played 2-1 after 90 mins making 3-3 on Aggregate, I expect them not to use away goal in the added time.
. 2-1 + 2-1 = 3-3 then extratime score is 1-1 =1-2.. That's why goal is very important... Note: away goal will be counted both fulltime and extratime

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Emu4life(m): 6:30am On Mar 10, 2021
kenzysmith:
I have proving myself in Italy, ever since I came to juventus they have never reach the semifinals something they have done 4 consecutive years, they have lost copa itallia back to back, something they have been winning with ease, juventus are ten points behind league leaders inter, league they have been winning since January. I came to improve juventus
Cc: Obembetgrin
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Nychillax(m): 6:33am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

U should consider that they achieved that under allegri ....even ronaldos first season , he was in the quarters with allegri...that smoker of a coach dismantled juve and again u cant compare a juve of 4-5 yrs ago to this juve ... changed coaches, most of those players that took them to those finals are no longer in the club... only Alex Sandro from that team played full time yesterday.... Bonucci played just an hour , chiellini , Daniel Alves, buffon , dybala, matuidi, higuain, mandzukic , bazargli, Douglas Costa, Kingsley coman , khedira , marchisio, benatia, evra, hernanes.... that team with a Ronaldo wud have won a champions league title... the team of today only has Ronaldo , chiesa , cuadrado as super players , they rest are just average... the commentator said the only reason juve are still in contention this season is down to just 2 players, Ronaldo and chiesa... remove Ronaldo and they will b 10th on the table and wid have been disgraced by psg ... even at 36... most of the players in juve are inexperienced.... I always see Ronaldo directing them on what to do cos they are inexperienced and confused most times

Keep on yearning gibberish, see lamentation of failure, the guy failed woefully simple as that pls don't bring in fictitious excuse... It was sarri before but now it's an average squads, I no fit laugh finish.

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by dazzlingd(m): 6:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Morata is the most useless player to ever grace ucl
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:41am On Mar 10, 2021
ShackWes:
The fraud was no where to be found

Better pikin

Oyel dey ur head
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:43am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

U should consider that they achieved that under allegri ....even ronaldos first season , he was in the quarters with allegri...that smoker of a coach dismantled juve and again u cant compare a juve of 4-5 yrs ago to this juve ... changed coaches, most of those players that took them to those finals are no longer in the club... only Alex Sandro from that team played full time yesterday.... Bonucci played just an hour , chiellini , Daniel Alves, buffon , dybala, matuidi, higuain, mandzukic , bazargli, Douglas Costa, Kingsley coman , khedira , marchisio, benatia, evra, hernanes.... that team with a Ronaldo wud have won a champions league title... the team of today only has Ronaldo , chiesa , cuadrado as super players , they rest are just average... the commentator said the only reason juve are still in contention this season is down to just 2 players, Ronaldo and chiesa... remove Ronaldo and they will b 10th on the table and wid have been disgraced by psg ... even at 36... most of the players in juve are inexperienced.... I always see Ronaldo directing them on what to do cos they are inexperienced and confused most times
Juv signing Ronaldo was a Big mistake because since his arrival no improvement for the team at all. Juve was winning copa Italia back to back, reaching UCL semi final and final, winning serie A even in February. Those players u mention is it arrival of Ronaldo that chase them away? After all u people said Ronaldo alone is equal to 11players .

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by DenreleDave(m): 6:44am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

U don't av a single sense... B4 Ronaldo, juventus has been lifting it consecutive..

Failurenaldo supporters.. Get out

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Uyi168: 6:44am On Mar 10, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

How could you address the DRAGONS as "common"?

U think say dem be small team?

No make me vex for you oooh.
Compare to juve??..

Guy reason am naaa
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by DenreleDave(m): 6:45am On Mar 10, 2021
dazzlingd:
Ronaldo is the most useless player to ever grace ucl
fixed
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by sonofElElyon: 6:45am On Mar 10, 2021
wow.

Heaping all the blame on one man?

the other 10 players are blameless right?

Uyi168:
My darling juve is no longer doing well especially in Europe, all thanks to Ororo..

A whole juve, being knocked out by common porto..
embarassed
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2021
Uyi168:
Compare to juve??..

Guy reason am naaa

My brother, I no talk say dem reach Juve's level.

But if to say na for Italian Serie A this Porto team dey player, them and Juve go dey drag the league trophy year in year out.

Stay blessed, bro.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:52am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

Really.... grin grin...but how can u be saying this when Messi and Barcelona keeps on being disgraced every season... its not messi fault , its barcas fault...but a player that has scored more goals than messi this season at 36 is the reason why juventus has not won the champions league... is Ronaldo a defender,? If their defence is as good as it used to be b4 he joined they wud hv seen finals... Juve and atletico used to have the best defence in Europe back then, but Juventus defence has been too crappy in recent years ...all the 4 goals that Porto scored in both legs were a result of blunders ...that is uncharacteristic of the great old lady
It is as soon as they sign Ronaldo their defense become crappy is Ronaldo defense scatter? Because the season before his arrival Jive defense did well.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by OMOJOHN001: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2021
Cry Cry babies will flood this thread this morning. TUEEEEH

To admit simple failure and move on will always be hard for them.
one mumu was saying is it Ronaldo right to defend, was it messi Right to defend when you all was casting blame on him. TUEHHHH

Assuming RONALDO can just manage to borrow a goal from MESSI today. they would have qualify. TUEEEEH

MESSI MY REAL GOAT
HE MAY NOT QUALIFY TONIGHT BUT WILL DO HIS BEST.

EITHER BY DRIBBLING,PASSES. ASSIST OR GOAL.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Uyi168: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

My brother, I no talk say dem reach Juve's level.

But if to say na for Italian Serie A this Porto team dey player, them and Juve go dey drag the league trophy year in year out.

Stay blessed, bro.
I think I get your point.

At the end, there is nothing really special about this juve side.

2 Likes

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Uyi168: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:
wow.

Heaping all the blame on one man?

the other 10 players are blameless right?

If they had won and your Ororo had scored let's say a brace or an hat trick, you and your goons would have been everywhere shouting world best and the rests...

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Henvest: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2021
brightalo1010:

So when jeventus wins a game 1, 2 or 3 zero or win trophy you will take all the glory dash C. Ronaldo but once they lose then you will remember juve defense. No let gods of hypocrisy fall on you.

When Barcelona loses with there leaky defense you will blame Messi, but when Juv loses you will blame defenders. Mteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't mind hypocrites
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:02am On Mar 10, 2021
HO
Kingcalls:

If I understand u very well u are indirectly telling us that it is coach and players all around Ronaldo that are good nit Ronaldo himself.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:04am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

Really.... grin grin...but how can u be saying this when Messi and Barcelona keeps on being disgraced every season... its not messi fault , its barcas fault...but a player that has scored more goals than messi this season at 36 is the reason why juventus has not won the champions league... is Ronaldo a defender,? If their defence is as good as it used to be b4 he joined they wud hv seen finals... Juve and atletico used to have the best defence in Europe back then, but Juventus defence has been too crappy in recent years ...all the 4 goals that Porto scored in both legs were a result of blunders ...that is uncharacteristic of the great old lady
It is as soon as they sign Ronaldo their defense become crappy is Ronaldo defense scatter? Because the season before his arrival Jive defense did well.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:08am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo left for another challenge...thats greatness... he had no reason to continue at madrid, he had won it all... it wudnt make sense again winning CL titles year in year out...thats no fun for king Ronaldo...even if he doesn't achieve it at juve, he has done well for himself
He tried but Juve bought expired product. He has taken them backward.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Adakintroy: 7:08am On Mar 10, 2021
Humanoid01:

It's called away goal rule, not fulltime/extra time rule. The fact that they got to extra time doesn't reset the scoreline. It's still 3-3, so since Porto got another goal, it makes it two away goals for them and just one away goal for Juventus. That's why they're out.

You not getting the logic.

If the first the did not carry extra time. Meaning they played 90min.then the second leg should be 90 as well. Square up.

All side advantages should end with 90mim as with the first

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by unmask: 7:13am On Mar 10, 2021
Zidane199:
first time am hearing this
you don't watch football much then
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by kendrick9(m): 7:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Slynation:
don't mind those ones, since it affected CR7, something doesn't mix up grin Juventus has been reaching finals without Cr7 for long, but now with Cr7 highest bus_stop is quarter finals grin
Worst part is he's been knocked out by Ajax, Lyon and now Porto..
Not even by top European teams

2 Likes

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by paulolee(m): 7:20am On Mar 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

You tried earlier in your first comment to remain fair but i guess it's a Messi fan thing to be toxic no matter how hard they try not to.
Same Lyon knocked out Pep's Formidable Man City
yes I agree BT wat about a 10 man Porto?
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 10, 2021
SUPERPACK:
But is it his work to defend too? Juve have let in a lot of goals due to poor midfield and crazy defensive errors everywhere, even to defend with one man advantage was difficult. Where is the defensive ability of the once feared Italian 3, Bonucci, Barzagli and Chelini. What of Pogba, Pirlo, Asamoah, etc are there any midfielders of their quality in current juve team?
If Ronaldo leaves,they will struggle to qualify for the champions league.

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 10, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

Shut up!
Their defence is one of the worst now.
Past tense is past tense.

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by unmask: 7:23am On Mar 10, 2021
Kingsbridge:
Anyone that saw this match should understand that Ronaldo was not the issue, the midfielders were the issue, no decent cross or through pass to the attacker's, Ronaldo made series of run but was ignored by the midfielders, he also played this match without rest after playing almost 13 straight matches so it's not surprising to notice he is not in a great shape. Morata missed two clear cut chances. The team lack motivation that's just it.
He was rested in their last match for this game.

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2021
OMOJOHN001:
Cry Cry babies will flood this thread this morning. TUEEEEH

To admit simple failure and move on will always be hard for them.
one mumu was saying is it Ronaldo right to defend, was it messi Right to defend when you all was casting blame on him. TUEHHHH

Assuming RONALDO can just manage to borrow a goal from MESSI today. they would have qualify. TUEEEEH

MESSI MY REAL GOAT
HE MAY NOT QUALIFY TONIGHT BUT WILL DO HIS BEST.

EITHER BY DRIBBLING,PASSES. ASSIST OR GOAL.

Shut up.
Messi has many games without an assist/goal/meaningful dribbles or passes.

1 Like

Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by SUPERPACK: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2021
brightalo1010:

So when jeventus wins a game 1, 2 or 3 zero or win trophy you will take all the glory dash C. Ronaldo but once they lose then you will remember juve defense. No let gods of hypocrisy fall on you.

When Barcelona loses with there leaky defense you will blame Messi, but when Juv loses you will blame defenders. Mteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The person you are talking to is not a fanboy but a sportsman, I don't see the current Barcelona, Madrid, nor Juv squad making any significant impact in UCL for the next 2 to 3 years. We need to compare what was and what is currently left of their squads. I will never criticize Messi nor Ronaldo, they are both as good as their teams are.
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by unmask: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2021
Mosesvic11:
sorry bro, Juve has best squad then and now they have an average team with a goal machine, which they don't know how use... imagine CR7 in juve at their good time.,. I know you know that it would have been a joyful story.... but your Messi against Roma with all the good players around him, failed woefully... what of against Liverpool with all the advantage? I think he was sleeping too, let me not talk about Bayern Munich and PSg all na APC story.... please don't give me any imaginary stat without a goal oooo because all that is needed to change the whole story was goals which Messi failed to, just the same way CR7 failed tonight... but still remember it was his goals that kept juve in the competition last two seasons except this season... juve invest in him and failed to invest wisely in other areas of the team.
over the last couple of years, Juventus has had a deeper and better squad than Barca
Re: 10-Man FC Porto Knock-out Juventus From The Champions League by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 10, 2021
DenreleDave:

U don't av a single sense... B4 Ronaldo, juventus has been lifting it consecutive..

Failurenaldo supporters.. Get out
Shut up.
Juve sold many players.
Buying Ronaldo doesn't mean you should sell those players.
They should have sold the average miscreants like Bentacur,Sandro,Light,Cuadrado,Etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Henderson Holds Meeting Of Big 6 Captains Over Super League / Manchester United Vs Real Sociedad : Europa League (0 - 1) 8th September 2022 / Swansea Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) - On 11th September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.