Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? (27520 Views)

Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by ejimatic: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Who is easier to work with; a male boss or a female boss?
. With due respect to the women's world. I think a male boss is easier to work with . At times you walk into a male boss office and sort things out but a female boss may insist on beaucratic procedures on them. At times they discuss what to do on some matters with their husbands at home.This is the nature of a woman.They are however appreciated in our lives always

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by bluefilm: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

I understand, I already said it. It has to be a woman....

A man cheats, because of a woman.
A man is violent; because of a woman.
A man rapes; because of a woman.
A man steals; because of a woman.
A man commits ritual killing; because of a woman.

A gender so superior and logical yet they have been blaming all their actions on women right from the Garden of Eden.

Exactement

Tu as raison

Les femmes ont beaucoup de problèmes
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by madjune(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
9jaRealist:

Comments like these are an unfortunate epitome that MALE sexual harassment is so prevalent in Nigeria and has become so normalized to the point that many people no longer even notice that it is happening. SMDH
>

You're being overly sensitive.

My commentary mirrors a reflection on a common societal stereotype and happenstance.

Men or women in positions of power often prey on their economically disadvantaged subordinates to some end.

It's sad but that's the way it is.
I don't support it in anyway, by the way.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Sterope:
They don't see gender when it is a man abusing his authority yet we have more men in service which means more percentage of men abusing their position.

They will be the same people to shout that no one stops a woman from holding position of power. With these ones, a woman can't win.

Like it is so hard being a female boss. It is either because you own a vagina, you are not married, you are childless or maybe your husband is abusing you some way. They must sha profile you. It is the same thing you see in driving, the number of times I have had men drive nonsense this week alone, if na me drive that thing- they will quickly say “na woman”.

I like my organization because you can’t profile a woman o. You dare not say it out, else na you go leave for the woman.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
Women are wicked o!. A male Boss is better. walaihi i don't even know how we came about the name sugar mummy. With the way these women are manipulative, selfish and stingy

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

I can 100% relate. "Please, ma'am, you're yet to respond to the task I logged in on Asana." She'll ignore and go to the WhatsApp group to call you out... then ask that you repost the message sent on the WhatsApp group... then ask you to rephrase the question.

That day her problem was that the message should have been "Ma, a kind reminder to respond to the task logged on Asana." Or she makes an attempt at joking on the official platform after work hours, and you don't join the others to send fake LOL and unnecessary reactions, she'll bring it up at a strategy meeting that people ignore messages on the WhatsApp group when everyone's bonding. Everything felt so petty. Just be professional and let people do their work.

I had a friend who worked in a place where her pay stub reflected a deduction because her boss was coming into the office and she didn't go get her bag as she approached the reception. Likeee!!!

Yeah, all you wrote sounds very familiar except for picking up a female bosses bag, that's just very low tbh.

Same reasons why traditional companies should be ignored at all costs by millennials, if you want to work in a 21st Century company without petty issues, new rave companies like Flutterwave, Piggyvest etc seems like a cool place with young people as leaders that don't require you to be giving them titles like "Sir" or "Ma" in a basic chat.

At the end I would say everyone can be bad both male & female. So just pray you don't also have a Lucifer as a male boss too.

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
kabanayol9:

Very Very Wicked.
You mind sharing your experience.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Reference(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
Never had the privilege of a female boss. Both my professions were hardcore, alpha male affairs....basically till this day.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
You mean in public or private organization?
Share your experience
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by toprealman: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Female bosses are much easier to deal with if you know what you are doing and got a bit of balls to stand your ground.
Many years back as an IT student, Oga madam tried shii with yours truly, I left the facility and never returned.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by toprealman: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Female bosses are much easier to deal with if you know what you are doing and got a bit of balls to stand your ground.
Many years back as an IT student, "Oga madam" tried shii with yours truly, I left the facility and never returned.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by akintola12(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
I Sight you bro
Queenmark:
Well you work with some men and they can be nasty. When a guy is nasty and rude it is a bad experience.

For women it is nagging constant nagging that can give you serious headache.

Just pray for a nice boss.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:
That reminds me many years back,

I got a cheque from a client from Lagos. I was broke to the teeth. It was a Friday and needed to cash it for the weekend would be dry if not.
I got to the first bank, went straight to the lady at the counter, gave her the cheque and she asked for my ID. I was having only my International passport as ID then. She looked at me and said "Mr WILLuKPquiet, this passport expired two days ago" I said yes I know. "I am sorry I can't pay you" she said and threw both the passport and cheque to me. I beg , beg she commot face.
I hurridly dashed to another bank before the closing hour. I got there it was another lady and she behaved likewise. Time was running out so, I left for the third bank and this time around, I made up my mind not to go to a lady cashier. Getting there, I went to queue infront of a man.
It was my turn and I gave him the cheque. He asked for my ID and I gave him. He looked at me and said, "Sir, your passport expired two days ago" I said yes. He then asked me why I wasn't having another ID and I told him I just returned to the country after years overseas. Which was true. He smiled and said go and get another passport or a driving license. Next time, you won't be paid. I said thanks. The guy paid me and that was how I did not starve that weekend.

Give a woman power and she will want you to know she's the boss here. No mercy , no human feelings most times.
Give a woman small power she thinks the world revolves around her head, Those gender and wahala na 5and 6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fxwarrior:

Female bosses are too authoritative and overbearing.

Their wahala is second to none.

Male boss is cool. Just do your work and everyone is happy.
I swear those genders and wahala
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by chuksp09(m): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
I would have said male bosses every other day, but I've worked with a female boss, and she was simply wonderful, she was well experienced though.

I've come to realize that it has a lot to do with personality and experience. Experience will teach you tolerance and patience while personality would mostly determine how much empathy you can show to your subordinates and how quickly you can understand what makes them tick.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by oloshun(m): 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
When I was working under people, I would say it is relative. But personally , I have always been lucky to have best female bosses. I mean ALL of them. My male bosses saw me as a potential contender. Reason why I established my own little thing. Yet, the female bosses still consult with me when they run out of ideas and they pay.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
clockwisereport:

ah

but the future is female

He's not a female. Don't let the pink f confuse you.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
toprealman:
Many years back as an IT student, Oga madam tried shii with yours truly, I left the facility and never returned.
Wow If we are in the same office I will buy you a cret of malt, I like no nonsense men
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
I will choose male boss anytime any day, female boss can't control power everything na emotion emotion
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by brandsoncharlie: 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
frank417:
Young men - female boss

Young women - male boss

Just make sure u aren't educated and at the same time older than your boss sha. Cos in that case, regardless of gender , you won't have it easy from ur boss. Especially at the initial stage of your employment.
Age has nothing to do with being professional in official settings except na those tradesmen and women jobs.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
bluefilm:

What you don't understand is that the only reason why your boss is that way is because he is most probably working under his FEMALE boss at home.

Remember what they say?

Happy Wife; Happy life.
So you are basically saying a woman controls your happiness, so much for an alpha male.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by TechyG: 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Working under a female boss is hell speaking from experience, I prefer working under the male counterpart
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fxwarrior:

Female bosses are too authoritative and overbearing.

Their wahala is second to none.

Male boss is cool. Just do your work and everyone is happy.

I think the issue is that women need to put more stamp on their authority than a man would naturally. And in so doing, may overdo it.

When I was serving, I was assigned as a class teacher to an SS3 class of mixed students. If not that the children were already well-behaved as a result of their former Teacher (male), I would have gone home crying everyday. In fact, by the time I was done serving, some of them were beginning to "rebel".

As a subject teacher, I taught Junior classes. However the JSS3 class I was teaching were beyond rowdy and pleading with them did nothing.

For like the first two months, the headteacher always visited me when I was teaching to complain about my students rowdiness. By the third month after a few queries, I changed it for them in a forceful way, such that by the time I was almost leaving, most of them knew not to cross me. Surprisingly, while they didn't initially respect me, they absolutely feared another female teacher. In fact, there was a day they were being rowdy and I ignored them only for her to pass the corridor next to their classroom and order was restored instantly.

If you asked me initially, I would have told you that female teacher was harder to work with, but by the time I was about to leave, I understood why most female bosses are the way they are.

People generally find it easier to undermine your authority if you're a female, majorly due to our orientation about women, so instead of giving in to the disrespect, most women would rather toughen up and deal with the insurbodination the way they know how to. Unfortunately, their way may come off as aggressive to some people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Bahamas95(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
I don't think it has anything to do with gender, a devil is a devil be it male or female.

But based on experience it's easier working with a male boss......The only time you will have breathing space working with a woman is when you are "servicing" her "in za oza room"
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Cutehector(m): 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
A very myopic question.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Emperor5(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
I have worked with both. Base on my experience i Will never wish someone that I know even my enemy to work with female boss. They feel too authoritative, there style of leadership is always autocratic, there decision are always unquestionably whether right or wrong. They feel jealous of their fellow women especially when their fellow women is good looking, they don't give room for employees participative in decision making, they care more about looting resources whether profit or not. They don't employ base on merit.....

Modified....
The first company that I worked the GM was female. During the interview the question she ask me as follows...
1. What is ur name?
2. Which states are u from
3. Where do live?
4. Are married?
5. Do u have girl friend
6. Have u break girls heart before?
7. How old are u?
8. Have u ever have sex?
9. Did you like mingling with women?
....after series of irrelevant question she ask me to resume work same day.
Out of 38 candidate I'm the only candidate she selected, though she is nice to me but other employees see hell in that company under her watch especially her fellow women.
That is my first experience about interview I feel that getting job in Nigeria is easier until I attended interview in another company
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

Yeah, all you wrote sounds very familiar except for picking up a female bosses bag, that's just very low tbh.

Same reasons why traditional companies should be ignored at all costs by millennials, if you want to work a 21st Century company without petty issues, new rave companies like Flutterwave, Piggyvest etc seems like a cool place with young people as leaders that don't require you to giving them titles like "Sir" or "Ma" in a basic chat.

At the end I would say everyone can be bad both male & female. So just pray you don't also have a Lucifer as a male boss too.

Very true, the world of work has changed. Baby boomers are already phasing out. We'll manage them until they're all gone completely. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sterope(f): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
That driving one takes the cake. Every single time I have heard that thrash talk except for that one time, the drivers have been proven wrong, it doesn't change their conclusion though. The bad driver is still driving like a woman.

pocohantas:

Like it is so hard being a female boss. It is either because you own a vagina, you are not married, you are childless or maybe your husband is abusing you some way. They must sha profile you. It is the same thing you see in driving, the number of times I have had men drive nonsense this week alone, if na me drive that thing- they will quickly say “na woman”.

I like my organization because you can’t profile a woman o. You dare not say it out, else na you go leave for the woman.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by juseng(m): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
It is easier to work with a male boss when you're a female and it is easier to work with a female boss wen you're a male
My opinion
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sterope(f): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
They overdo it just like those terrible male bosses. When you think you are not supposed to be surbodinate to your boss at work because you possess a penis, you will have issues with her authority.

Sixfeetbelle:

I think the issue is that women need to put more stamp on their authority than a man would naturally. And in so doing, may overdo it.

When I was serving, I was assigned as a class teacher to an SS3 class of mixed students. If not that the children were already well-behaved as a result of their former Teacher (male), I would have gone home crying everyday. In fact, by the time I was done serving, some of them were beginning to "rebel".

As a subject teacher, I taught Junior classes. However the JSS3 class I was teaching were beyond rowdy and pleading with them did nothing.

For like the first two months, the headteacher always visited me when I was teaching to complain about my students rowdiness. By the third month after a few queries, I changed it for them in a forceful way, such that by the time I was almost leaving, most of them knew not to cross me. Surprisingly, while they didn't initially respect me, they absolutely feared another female teacher. In fact, there was a day they were being rowdy and I ignored them only for her to pass the corridor next to their classroom and order was restored instantly.

If you asked me initially, I would have told you that female teacher was harder to work with, but by the time I was about to leave, I understood why most female bosses are the way they are.

People generally find it easier to undermine your authority if you're a female, majorly due to our orientation about women, so instead of giving in to the disrespect, most women would rather toughen up and deal with the insurbodination the way they know how to. Unfortunately, their way may come off as aggressive to some people.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by udemzyudex(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
jbreezy:
None!!! Be your own boss...that's the best

This sh1t is stale, be your own boss be your own boss you think it is everyone on earth that will be their own boss?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Osinbajo's Selective Minimum Wage Explained / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.