Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? (27516 Views)

Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by gotousa2013: 1:10am On Mar 11, 2021
Male boss anytime , they do not attach too much sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by kabanayol9(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
You mind sharing your experience.
I once worked with a female boss, she will tell you something at the meeting, meet with the CEO and says another thing, you can never never know her mind, respect is reciprocal they say, she loves being respected but doesn't does the same to her junior staffs, she doesn't believe in anyone's ideas or opinions, what she does is always right, i don't know if it's that post that got into her head or maybe as they use to say power dey shak her, not only once, twice, thrice, so you don't think it's only one person i am relating to, though their are some good female boss, the percentage is slim dear.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Dsunel(m): 2:23am On Mar 11, 2021
male boss ooo
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sapeletotheworl(m): 3:06am On Mar 11, 2021
Queenmark:
Well you work with some men and they can be nasty. When a guy is nasty and rude it is a bad experience.

For women it is nagging constant nagging that can give you serious headache.

Just pray for a nice boss.

Why not pray to be a nice boss yourself. Amen
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by bluefilm: 4:16am On Mar 11, 2021
Sapeletotheworl:

Why not pray to be a nice boss yourself. Amen

Sadly, most people are not trained to have this mindset you are talking about here. grin

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:54am On Mar 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
In my personal experience, male bosses.
The last female boss I had was everything wrong... couldn't deal. One of my colleagues even had a real mental breakdown.

The female bosses I've seen who were problematic seemed to have some things in common.
1. They were over-exerting. They seemed to feel the need to want to show that they were the boss, which is a joke of authority. When you have to scream "I'm the boss" then there's already a problem.

2. They felt easily affronted... unnecessary things seemed like disrespect to them.

3. Ironically, they were less tolerant and understanding. You would expect that a woman would be more empathetic to workers' plight, and issues they may be having in their personal lives, but the ones I've seen and heard about were the very opposite.

There are no absolutes, there will always be exceptions. These things are largely a matter of "what's most obtainable?"
Where did you work

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Cousin9999: 5:21am On Mar 11, 2021
Gender has little to do with it. But generally speaking, male bosses are more likely to try to harass/mistreat a female. Female bosses have to deal with a lot of sexism, which may cause them to be more abrasive.

Females tend to be more nurturing and protective, so they may be more motherly towards subordinates (more understanding and patient, more willing to develop workers, more likely to protect workers from unfair treatment).

Males tend to have a massive ego because of sexism, so they may bring less qualifications to the table because they can get away with it. This may result in their incompetence affecting subordinates in various ways.

Some of the worst bosses, or people in general, to deal with are insecure people. Gender is irrelevant when you have someone who is constantly miserable and won't manage their personal issues like an adult. These people are terrorists. They think the world owes them something, and they consider themselves a "victim" of anyone who doesn't have their illness.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by ITbomb(m): 6:05am On Mar 11, 2021
Kokaine:
you can say the women in your family are like that but don't make such a blanket statement by saying women
70% is A
100% is A
So it's "blanket" enough for me
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Olaniranbisi1(f): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2021
Its always the opposite of each oda
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by ShaqFu: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2021
Male boss of course.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by lucky4west: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2021
omon female Boss is a no no!...women bosses too get issues, they easily transfer aggression from the home and relationship to u...all the ill treatments i got from female Bosses i no g fit write am here....the males Bosses are far better take u out for drinks and outing like a fellow guy to guy thing...all my male Bosses including the MDs has been awesome....but i hear am for females Bosses from denying me promotion, to suspension on flimsy excuses to outright sack for no just cause....abeg females Bosses no be am at all
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Wisdomkings: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Who is easier to work with; a male boss or a female boss?
it all depends on the personality of the person gender have nothing to do with who is easier to work with.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Share your experience

Well, I prefer the female boss.
Reason: it's easier for me to become an underboss. Most female bosses are comfortable being bosses so they can take credit for whatever breakthroughs and successes that is recorded and that's all. But folks like us knows how to make them sweat.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Oyindamolah: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2021
Okay tank you for your response.
Wisdomkings:

it all depends on the personality of the person gender have nothing to do with who is easier to work with.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Wierdceo: 8:43am On Mar 11, 2021
Female bosses can be very stuwpid and empty headed. At my former work, when a woman became the new MD, she instructed that all branches in Nigeria install standing fans in the premises to blow customers who were waiting outside due to coronavirus. Outside o. I was like who go dy on fan for outside in the open again? If u see hot air this fan dy blow. Rubbish.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by akinade28(f): 8:47am On Mar 11, 2021
As a female, I have worked with female bosses all my life. I believe female bosses are more difficult to work with because women are new to power, except for few female monarchs that have ruled in positions of authority overtime most women have always been in subjection to males (fathers, husband). In modern times position of authority are opening up to women, hence:
1)they want to over prove themselves. They want to prove that they are worthy and can handle leadership. So they overdo things both positively and negatively
2)they think they been underestimated as women in authority. They overemphasize submission to their authority.
3) They want to over deliver and show they can do better than men. They feel insecure and are difficult to please at times.
4) They don't want to be manipulated because of their gender, because women are perceived to be weak by the society, so they want to show they are strong
But I believe as time goes on, things should balance up. Women will have better approach to leadership

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Darkmode64: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2021
ITbomb:
Women are not good with power
They are always insecure and want everyone to bow to them.
They go extra length to show that they are in charge
You deserve a beer. What do you take?
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2021
culf:

and you're happy about it? sometimes you set aside your right if it will make people happy and more comfortable around you. Its far better to be love than to be feared.

#Not judging you though

grin grin grin grin grin grin

In the office?

Even Jesus that was a Lamb threw the merchants out of the temple.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by mployer(m): 9:20am On Mar 11, 2021
pocohantas:

Very true, that is why most head of organizations/units/businesses are men and the average Nigerian workplace is toxic as fck.

Even the leaders making Nigeria a living hell are men. Buhari that is giving bandits stipends is a man. SARS that shoots people are men. LASTMA nko? Or army officials.

But let’s forget about that and focus on women. It is women that can’t handle power. grin

What next o?
Lol.
grin grin
But honestly most women can't handle power. They are not used to it.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by bukatyne(f): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2021
I have been blessed to work with female bosses all through my career and I have enjoyed them.

Beautiful, calm, no-no sense ladies and on point female subordinate is a bad ass combo.

Are they perfect? No.

I also like working with female bosses; it is a free mentorship program for me. What to do and not to do when I get there; how they manage to effectively run their homes while very effective at work with a semblance of social life. How to still embrace your feminity and be womanly while being in charge. How to dress hot, turn heads and still turn the brain when you talk.

All the women I have come across know their onions and after admiring their looks, you admire their minds.

Also, in addition to the personality of the boss, your personality as a subordinate matters.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by udemzyudex(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You'll see it as a funny analogy because you're not a female and haven't been put in that position before. I have and I tell you it's 100% true. Men are automatically given respect in an organizational setting. Women, on the otherhand, work for it.

My own was secondary school students. I hardly flog them cause I didn't see the need so I often tried to plead with them as per peacemaker I was. Perhaps sensing I was a woman and perceived weak, they flew off the lid and one day I just sparked. Punished them for close to one hour. Cries and pleas fell on deaf ears that day. I was even more angry when I finally released them. The next day, I was shocked by the reports the headteacher got from the students. Apparently, in my anger, I had called them names and promised worse punishments should they undermine my authority again. Till I left, I didn't punish them like that again.

This one is children ooh. Now imagine what would have happened had it been I was dealing with grown adults.

People undermine your authority more if you're a woman. Some misogynist are at the forefront of this. So unless you turn a 'dictator', you'd lose control of your ship before it even sails.

Interesting
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by otukpo(f): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2021
It is not a gender thing. I have worked with both male and female bosses. One thing that is mostly common with female bosses is that they are more hardworking, and you will enjoy them if they find you very resourceful.

The best I've worked with is a female boss and the worst, a male.

So forget gender, character of the person is the issue.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by ITbomb(m): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Darkmode64:

You deserve a beer. What do you take?
Champion or Desperados

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Avchi: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
The truth is that working with either a male or female boss has it's pros and cons.
Despite how hectic the work environment is, you can always be relieved when you get back home to your own space and you still earn from a side hustle. Credit alerts can be stress relievers, you know.
I'm talking about learning high-turnover digital skills, and you earn even while learning.
With time, you could even become your own boss with the digital skills you've acquired.
Contact me via WhatsApp on 09052160014, for the FREE video that explains it all.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Emeraldgreene(f): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
[Thats a boss who is not intelligent.
Thats a boss who lacks leadership emotional quotient/intelligence.

Thats a boss who isn't an alpha female and lacks masculine qualities.

.quoterackhaus post=99775821]I have worked with a terrible female boss, and I have also worked with a terrible male boss.

Having said that, I still 100% prefer every experience I had with the male boss over the female boss.

As in, I would definitely pick the former (male boss) all day every single day & twice on workdays, over the latter (female boss)...
It's that serious and I'm not exaggerating.

The truth is that no matter how terrible a male boss can be, it is still nothing compared to having a terrible female boss. Women will pour all their PMS, menstruation, and ovulation-induced emotional disorders on you, especially when they know you report to them.

God help you if she is the kind of boss that grew attracted to you, but you don't feel the same way about her or give her any special attention... Your own don worse be that cheesy
That was the situation that transpired between me and one of my boss from hell that year... a married young woman with kids for that matter, yet I don't know what she was looking for in my body that made her to always seek for issues where there were none and even going as far as firing or querying any female staff that got close to me.

Madness...[/quote]
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Emeraldgreene(f): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Those are bosses with too much feminnne qualities.minor things become so significant to them.

I can 100% relate. "Please, ma'am, you're yet to respond to the task I logged in on Asana." She'll ignore and go to the WhatsApp group to call you out... then ask that you repost the message sent on the WhatsApp group... then ask you to rephrase the question.

That day her problem was that the message should have been "Ma, a kind reminder to respond to the task logged on Asana." Or she makes an attempt at joking on the official platform after work hours, and you don't join the others to send fake LOL and unnecessary reactions, she'll bring it up at a strategy meeting that people ignore messages on the WhatsApp group when everyone's bonding. Everything felt so petty. Just be professional and let people do their work.

I had a friend who worked in a place where her pay stub reflected a deduction because her boss was coming into the office and she didn't go get her bag as she approached the reception. Likeee!!!

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=Emeraldgreene post=99795099][/quote]

Too much feminine qualities. But a woman is meant to be feminine.

I think I can imagine what you mean, though.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Emeraldgreene(f): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
[**TOO MUCH**quote author=PrimadonnaO post=99795295]

Too much feminine qualities. But a woman is meant to be feminine.

I think I can imagine what you mean, though.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Lawalemi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
Both of them have their issues having worked with them. Some females are motherly while some males are oppressive.

By and large, I prefer male bosses because we can slug it out without him thinking that I take advantage of his gender

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
RICH AND POWERFUL WOMEN I HAAATE THEM !

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by AlphaSoul: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
In my personal experience, male bosses.
The last female boss I had was everything wrong... couldn't deal. One of my colleagues even had a real mental breakdown.

The female bosses I've seen who were problematic seemed to have some things in common.
1. They were over-exerting. They seemed to feel the need to want to show that they were the boss, which is a joke of authority. When you have to scream "I'm the boss" then there's already a problem.

2. They felt easily affronted... unnecessary things seemed like disrespect to them.

3. Ironically, they were less tolerant and understanding. You would expect that a woman would be more empathetic to workers' plight, and issues they may be having in their personal lives, but the ones I've seen and heard about were the very opposite.

There are no absolutes, there will always be exceptions. These things are largely a matter of "what's most obtainable?"
Hmmm... Table shaking in full
effects! grin... Well said.

Absence of emotional intelligence
on the part of those women is key
here as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Osinbajo's Selective Minimum Wage Explained / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.