Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

I Dont Know The Entrepreneur That Needs This... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Dont Know The Entrepreneur That Needs This... (281 Views)

Audacious Entrepreneurs Unveiled As The Entrepreneur Africa Awards 2020 Holds / Are You An Entrepreneur That Need Funding / The No 1 Secret Of Successful Entrepreneur That Can Make You Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Know The Entrepreneur That Needs This... by Peterobi90: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2021
Being an entrepreneur is difficult, having a dream is easy but actualizing that dream is really hard.. most especially in a country that may not value entrepreneurs and innovators until they have been able to make a difference.. now the question is "how many are able to make that difference"

As an entrepreneur in Nigeria, you need to keep yourself constantly motivated, not constantly but extremely motivated. Surround your self with motivational quotes/speakers/mentors etc, read/listen to it like a bible/Quran every morning and night, because the mind of an entrepreneur is easily distracted most especially at the startup stage..

There is always this constant fear of "what if it does not work", "what if I loose capital", "I call my self an entrepreneur and cant even make 500k/mth, while my mates earn almost that from salaries", to be candid... you may not even make that, you may even run a loss, the business might actually fold up, it might flip and that's that. But you having tried is the most important. Dust yourself and try again.. the next might click.

There is the quote of "90% of new businesses failing".. it's TRUE, very true... but yours might scale through, that's the motivation, that's the reason why you started in the first place.

As an entrepreneur, you owe the future generation jobs: Nigeria is having employment crisis today is as a result the last generation majorly depended on paid employment rather than entrepreneurial strides..

Surround yourself with entrepreneurs and like minds: [/b]not saying you should not network with all callibers, but your fellow entrepreneurs possibly in same field are your best bet to keep you going because you get to discuss highs and lows, you discuss failures and growth which keeps you boosted even in downtimes alongside solution and contacts through difficult situations.

Always have a notepad to write or jot down ideas, the mind of an entrepreneur wanders a lot and easy to forget ideas.. [b]No idea is pointless when shared with the right crowd.
your forgotten idea could have been your break.

"Never be afraid of loans": an average successful entrepreneur is a debtor, chronic debtor.. infact, he/she lives off debt, recyclss debts, eats and sleeps debt. Debt is a life-line as long as you dont have angel investors or believers in your dream. Debt is the next only available option that's if the means is even available, but most importantly never borrow to eat alongside never deviate from your extremely disciplined life.

I just felt I should put this out there, i have been getting a lot of calls lately, entrepreneurs are losing faith... dont loose faith, we always knew the road was going to be rough. If we have survived this far, we can push an extra day..

Cc: mynd44
Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Followers And Ads / Grains Supplier Urgently Needed / Advice Needed - What Profitable Business Can One Do With N3million In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.