Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them (18803 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by kennyify88: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Controversial Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, on Wednesday suggested ways the Federal Government can resolve the challenge of banditry in the North.

Gumi said the Federal Government should adopt the non-kinetic approach in tackling banditry and insecurity in the Northern part of the country.

In an exclusive interview with DAILY POST, the cleric explained that the use of kinetic force was responsible for the current insecurity issue in the North.

He stressed that bandits feel, “everybody is against them,” hence they are vicious and aggressively fighting for survival.

According to Gumi: “Honestly speaking, there has to be a synergy of armed forces acting towards tackling insecurity. They should adopt the non-kinetic approach which should be about 80 percent because these people are ordinary Nigerians.

“Government should meet and dialogue with them because they are ready to listen. If the Government can apply the non-kinetic approach, it would have taken care of about 90 percent of the problem. So the 10 percent is where the kinetic comes into play.

“The use of kinetic force is what led to what we are having now. They think it’s an ethnic cleansing where everybody is against them, and they are fighting for survival, very vicious and aggressive.”

States like Niger, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina and Kaduna have witnessed the sting of banditry lately.

Several students and residents have been abducted and a few killed during their operations in these states.

Despite their abduction, the students have been released.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/03/10/bandits-feel-everyone-is-against-them-sheikh-gumi/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by optionalY09: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Eh eh, are we suppose to support them? At least the customs are already going in the bush to supply them with seized items from hardworking Nigerians. Which support is greater than government support.

When i heard the custom boss said they supplied bandit some bags of rice to save their own lives. These same customs will battle smugglers to the end to retrieve what is being smuggled. I thought i was dead, i quickly called my family to confirm if we have not been teleported to the MARS

Funny enough we are still on planet Earth but believe me guys strange things are happening.

201 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by dumahi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
The most toxic people feel the most unjustly treated even while they treat others the most unjustly. It's the same reason snakes bite. What are the bandits asking for that makes them to KILL other people? Instead, they say that everyone is against them.

Before the rise of the likes of Kanu and Igboho due to the excesses of these bandits, who has ever attacked them down south for example? Very toxic people!!!

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Elgorny(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
It didn't came to me as suprise, when i found the word gummi means cow. according to fulani dictionary. Anyway after all. bandit and herdsmen has the same meaning

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Racoon(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
So we are supposed to sympathize with these evil people? What the heck is wrong with this Gumi of a man.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Emptoluwani: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
kennyify88:
Controversial Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad
Gumi, on Wednesday suggested ways the
Federal Government can resolve the
challenge of banditry in the North.
Gumi said the Federal Government should
adopt the non-kinetic approach in tackling
banditry and insecurity in the Northern part
of the country.
In an exclusive interview with DAILY POST,
the cleric explained that the use of kinetic
force was responsible for the current
insecurity issue in the North.
He stressed that bandits feel, “everybody is
against them,” hence they are vicious and
aggressively fighting for survival.
According to Gumi: “Honestly speaking,
there has to be a synergy of armed forces
acting towards tackling insecurity. They
should adopt the non-kinetic approach
which should be about 80 percent because
these people are ordinary Nigerians.
“Government should meet and dialogue
with them because they are ready to listen.
If the Government can apply the non-kinetic
approach, it would have taken care of about
90 percent of the problem. So the 10
percent is where the kinetic comes into play.
“The use of kinetic force is what led to what
we are having now. They think it’s an ethnic
cleansing where everybody is against them,
and they are fighting for survival, very
vicious and aggressive.”
States like Niger, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina and
Kaduna have witnessed the sting of banditry
lately.
Several students and residents have been
abducted and a few killed during their
operations in these states.
Despite their abduction, the students have
been released.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Emmanuelcann: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
Not true. We are supporting them. We wish them more blood, sorrow and tears. May they succeed in their path of death and destruction, amen!

12 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Odoogu(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
wooow... Sheik Gumi is a genius and a Psychology expert.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Kondomatic(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeria's first minister of terrorism has spoken

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Whoube99(f): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
kennyify88:
Controversial Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad
Gumi, on Wednesday suggested ways the
Federal Government can resolve the
challenge of banditry in the North.
Gumi said the Federal Government should
adopt the non-kinetic approach in tackling
banditry and insecurity in the Northern part
of the country.
In an exclusive interview with DAILY POST,
the cleric explained that the use of kinetic
force was responsible for the current
insecurity issue in the North.
He stressed that bandits feel, “everybody is
against them,” hence they are vicious and
aggressively fighting for survival.
According to Gumi: “Honestly speaking,
there has to be a synergy of armed forces
acting towards tackling insecurity. They
should adopt the non-kinetic approach
which should be about 80 percent because
these people are ordinary Nigerians.
“Government should meet and dialogue
with them because they are ready to listen.
If the Government can apply the non-kinetic
approach, it would have taken care of about
90 percent of the problem. So the 10
percent is where the kinetic comes into play.
“The use of kinetic force is what led to what
we are having now. They think it’s an ethnic
cleansing where everybody is against them,
and they are fighting for survival, very
vicious and aggressive.”
States like Niger, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina and
Kaduna have witnessed the sting of banditry
lately.
Several students and residents have been
abducted and a few killed during their
operations in these states.
Despite their abduction, the students have
been released.

Every sane person the world over is against bandits and banditry except sheikh gumi a.k.a. "the terrorists ambassador"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by kennyify88: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
Whoube99:

Every sensible person in this world is against bandits and banditry except sheikh gumi a.k.a. "the terrorists ambassador"

Hahahahah Lol

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Maxymilliano(m): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Every sane humans supposed to be against bandits except their sponsors or is Gumi advocating we embrace bandits for killing innocent citizens ?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by CodeTemplar: 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
Buhari is winding up the amnesty thing I guess. He gave zamfara "bandits" 2 months to surrender already. I can imagine that being the final stage of the amnesty struggle.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Jakumo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
optionalY09:
Eh eh, are we suppose to support them? At least the customs are already going in the bush to supply them with seized items from hardworking Nigerians. Which support is greater than government support.

When i heard the custom boss said they supplied bandit some bags of rise to save their own lives. These same customs will battle smugglers to the end to retrieve what is being smuggled. I thought i was dead, i quickly called my family to confirm if we have not been teleported to MARS

Funny enough we are still on planet Earth but believe me guys strange things are happening.

Hahahaha Na so. If I encounter bandits I might be forced to support them financially, or as an unwilling body parts donor, but until such an event transpires I will redouble all efforts to AVOID meeting banditos.

Coming to the topic of government sponsorship for REPENTANT banditos, I can cite a few examples from recent times.

1. The Sheiklh Guuumi Cash for Guns Initiative, also known as Operation Show Your Gun and Collect Cash.

2. The Nigerian Customs' Rice Bags for Market Share Open Trade Agreement. Otherwise known as Operation Smuggler when Fiti Pay, Go Fiti Enter.

3. The Boko Haram Appeasement and Welfare Treaty. Also known as The Terrorist Rehabilitation Megafund.

4. The Kidnapper and Abductors Ransom Slush Fund. Widely known as the Na Megida Sheikh Gummi Go Carry Ya Money Give Dem Protocol.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by amazingspiderma: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
The logic behind how these guys think is beyond me.
People spend years thinking about how to help the perpetrators and pay no attention to the victims.
Some have been made refugees in their home countries, some lost fathers, mothers and family members. Some lost livelihood, yet all the emphasis by this man has been on the terrorist.

When religious leaders speak for a side, it only suggest one thing. Their beliefs lean towards them.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by amazingspiderma: 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
We need new programs in society with titles such as

How to terrorise terrorists.
Making terrorist fear you.
Identifying agents of terrorism.

Knowledge is power.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Asgard13: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Gumi is a bandit.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by SarkinYarki: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
I don't understand ? A group of evil men gather in the bush and start killingg innocent people for no clear reason and yet they want people to support them? Something is wrong with Shark Gumi

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by RenaissanceGuy: 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is why it's never good to interview criminals. You end up giving them some air of legitimacy and also end up developing some strings of affection for them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Monimatic(m): 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Sheik Gumi the mad Fulani terrorist

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by darkwan: 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
is this guy stvpid or what....??

who likes bandits....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Olatunji1929: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
are they expecting any sane person to be supporting them?anyway no be every body dey against them gumi,bala Muhammad,and miyyeti allah are among their num one supporters they have in this kountry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by rosebowl01(m): 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
optionalY09:

When i heard the custom boss said they supplied bandit some bags of rise to save their own lives. These same customs will battle smugglers to the end to retrieve what is being smuggled. I thought i was dead, i quickly called my family to confirm if we have not been teleported to MARS

My brother, the thing tire me.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by mazizitonene(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Such guts.....

9 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Built2last: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
This man should be arrested

11 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Felabrity: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Bandits are now celebrities?

They are terrorists

Why is this man not in prison?

9 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Uyi168: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
.... See him jumping and turning like a baby goat..

If he's to shoot long shot against his opponent, he go sabi tight yansh, squeeze face nack the bullet...
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by hakym619(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Illiterate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Monogamy: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Gumi is simply bandits sympathizer
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by daddio(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
kennyify88:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/03/10/bandits-feel-everyone-is-against-them-sheikh-gumi/%3famp

This man is one of the bandits.
The government should do something about him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Feel Everyone Is Against Them by Freeeanijor: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Who is not against them bandit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio To Declare Presidential Bid On Wednesday - Media Aide / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst / 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.