Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Stop Being Scammed Online - How To Protect Yourself When Buying Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Being Scammed Online - How To Protect Yourself When Buying Online (318 Views)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / Want To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary? This Is A Must See / Items You Feel Embarrassed About When Buying. Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Being Scammed Online - How To Protect Yourself When Buying Online by mimilogistics: 6:47am On Mar 11, 2021
Before you clicked this thread to open it, you may have purchased something from an online vendor; maybe bags, or shoes, internet data, PayPal fund, BTC, RMB, etc.

If you have patronised anybody online, then you will agree with me that the one major issue associated with transacting with a total stranger online is trust. The feeling of distrust is mutual for both the vendors and the buyers.

The buyer is scared of being scammed of his hard earned money, while the the seller is scared of being scammed by the "customer" who insists on payment on delivery or delivery before payment.

If you have been scammed before, then you are not alone. Statistics from a research has shown that 8 out of 10 persons have been victims of one type of scam or the other online. That is a whooping 80%. I myself have been a victim!

Early 2020 I was Scammed by an unscrupulous member of this forum through one thread for buying e-currencies.

We chatted on WhatsApp, made payments, and then I saw white dp! I was blocked... Everywhere. Since then, I became very wary of having anything to do with any vendor online. And this pushed me to talk to my company boss to do something since Mimi Logistics is a big and reputable company and that was how we started an escrow service on whatsapp that help people buy safely from sellers online without fear of losing their money.

We protect both sellers and buyers for free. We come in as middlemen between a seller and a buyer to ensure both are protected, and it became a huge success that we have two filled whatsapp groups where Member transact business successfully everyday no matter where they live in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Registering Your Business In Canada / FG Grants Dangote Cement Second Tax Waiver In Two Years / Bitcoin Tumbles Below $40,000 After China Issues Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.