Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) (15978 Views)

ABUAD Ranked Best University In Nigeria By Times Higher Education / Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher / UNILAG Ranked 3rd Most Productive School In Africa In Educating Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by BuhariM(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2021
The University of Ibadan, Lagos State University, and the University of Lagos have ranked among the top 800 universities in the world.

This was contained in the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Ranking obtained on Wednesday.

THE ranked UI, LASU, and UNILAG as first, second, and third respectively in Nigeria.

Privately-owned Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, was ranked fourth ahead of the Federal Government-owned University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which came fifth; and Obafemi Awolowo University, sixth in Nigeria.

A breakdown of the ranking further showed that UI ranked within 401-500th bracket; LASU, 501–600th; and UNILAG 601–800th.

Covenant University ranked within the band of 801–1000th; the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and Obafemi Awolowo University placed 1001+.

The ranking showed that of the six Nigerian universities listed in THE 2021 Emerging Economies University Rankings, UI and UNN scored one per cent in international students enrolment, while LASU, UNILAG, CU, and OAU had no record of student enrolment in this category.

The University of Oxford tops the rankings for the fifth consecutive year, while mainland China’s Tsinghua University becomes the first Asian university to break into the top 20 under the current methodology (launched in 2011).

Reacting, the acting Vice-Chancellor of LASU, Prof. Oyedamola Oke, expressed delight with the rating of LASU as the second-best university in Nigeria.

Oke said the new status of the university is heartwarming, and a further attestation to her quality teaching, research exploits, and robust service delivery.

Oke noted that without the unwavering support and commitment of all stakeholders to the “LASU Project”, the feat would have been unattainable.

The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 include more than 1,500 universities across 93 countries and regions.

The rating is based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across four areas – teaching, research, knowledge transfer, and international outlook.

This year’s ranking analysed more than 80 million citations across over 13 million research publications and included survey responses from 22,000 scholars globally.

“Trusted worldwide by students, teachers, governments, and industry experts, this year’s league table provides great insight into the shifting balance of power in global higher education,” THE added.

Source https://punchng.com/2021-rating-ui-lasu-unilag-ranked-among-top-800-world-varsities/?amp=1

5 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by BuhariM(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2021
UI over the years has proven to be the best varsity while others follow behind. I don't think in two decades time, any university here in Nigeria can outshine them.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by dplordx(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
I knew it that all that ranking putting Covenant Uni at No.2 and No.1 are paid rankings. Covenant beside Unilag? Dont get me wrong, I schooled in one and worked briefly in the 2nd, and they are NEVER EVER going to come close, maybe in the dreams of the church members that owns that school sha.
When did Covenant emerge? How many professors have they trained and produced? All these gragra just to cash out and continue bilking parents for exorbitant school fees...All these fake projects, papers, and research they have produced. How many covenant alumni are creating trends in naija? Are they up to even 10? Ive seen their students, they are like fufu that can be eaten by students from OAU, UI, UNN, AAU, EKSU, LAG to mention a few. All these butter and lazy students wey you just dey dash 1st class to like say na akara. Rubbish! Many colleagues resigned because of the disturbing corruption in the school, no wonder their secondary students have never won any renowned academic competition nationally or globally except paid ones or the ones they can influence the judges. Talk about academic excellence.
Anyways, instead of sending my child to some glorified university managed by some religious families, I'd rather tell my child to kukuma travel abroad.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by brainpulse: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
South West Schools the best leading Nigeria and Africa

Yorubas to the world

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by ObiOfOnistha: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
South West always lead in education why 5% leads criminality,

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Cachetdotng: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
Na bribe dem pay o...dem sef know say dem no worth 5k position grin grin grin

*Attend a Free Web Design Seminar organized by CDS, you'll be taught the procedures of Web Development under 2 hours. Free WiFi is also available but students are expected to come with their laptops, and we can only admit a maximum of 10 students at once due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Call the number in signature below....
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
Privately-owned Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, was ranked fourth ahead of the Federal Government-owned University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which came fifth; and Obafemi Awolowo University, sixth in Nigeria.
Nice one here.
Impressive to many extent.

Meanwhile,
Atiku and OBJ universities established with stolen money from our National Treasury no make am.

Barawos Banzua.....

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Heterodox(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
And how effective are the graduates?
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by matuskyoo7(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2021
It okay
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by datola: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2021
These rankings self!
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:43am On Mar 11, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Omoh I nor see Unilorin oo! Them nor go like this news.

E get one time wey Unilorin go be no 1 for one ranking like that.

We nor hear word, them just dey shout "Better by far" up and down.

Them do sweat shirt gan.

But S/O to all present and past Unilorites, the wahala wey I see for that school nor be small and the small wahala wey I cause.

S/O to all those mumu boys and girls wey dey always crowd for Item 7 for night, to the ones wey dey stay till 1am dey fvck for Student Union Building.

My real niggarrs wey dey smoke for their hostels and spots for campus and Tanke and environs, the pot of smoke nor go ever dry.

S/O to the scholars wey fit kill theirselves cos of night class, I hope everything pays off on the long run.

Biggest S/O to the realest niggarrs, the hustlers for their various hostels for Oke-odo, Mark, and Tanke in general.

The updates will always come and we will get richer.

I said what I said.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by ClassicMan202(m): 11:43am On Mar 11, 2021
Mtchwww..... Still producing half baked graduates and Randy lecturers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by onoms4luv(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2021
grin grin cheesy cheesy make I laf small. cheesy cheesy cheesy anyway some people darling daddy just did something great today.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Tonyspecial(m): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2021
t
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Ayo2004: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2021
Just 1 ipob University tongue
I thought they were the ones fuelling Nigeria in everything grin
Watch them rant below and above my comment grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Racoon(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2021
Covenant University Sango-Ota is really trying.God is really blessing the works of Papa David Oyedepo.

5 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Racoon(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2021
Ayo2004:
No ipob University? I thought they were the ones fuelling Nigeria in everything.........
"....University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which came fifth...."

2 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by dplordx(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:

I am born and breed yoruba from Eruku, Osun...you are a stupid yoruba.
the problem of the yoruba isnt ibos...is makind the governor of oyo playing politics with his kins lives ibo?
is the most useless governor called Dapo in Ogun Ibo?
go and knack your head against the wall...your head nor correct at all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by sammysmiles(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2021
What has the thread got to do with those tribalistic comments up there?

3 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by richiemcgold: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2021
being a state government owned university, I'm more impressed with LASU's feat.

..and IMO, I think Nigeria would've developed far more than this level if the other 5 regions in the country were like the southwest.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by chidi01(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2021
Wow good for them. I pray our educational system gets better than just ranking.

Get Cool Logos & Graphics to boost your brand image and get more sales.
We design types of logos and Graphics.

WhatsApp: CLICK HERE

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by specialmati(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
when the brain cells are all dead you start reasoning like this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by brainpulse: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:

I am born and breed yoruba from Eruku, Osun...you are a stupid yoruba.
the problem of the yoruba isnt ibos...is makind the governor of oyo playing politics with his kins lives ibo?
is the most useless governor called Dapo in Ogun Ibo?
go and knack your head against the wall...your head nor correct at all

Then you are omo ale yoruba

11 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2021
brainpulse:
South West Schools the best leading Nigeria and Africa

Yorubas to the world

Hmm

T
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by RRodwave(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2021
Ok
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Ayo2004: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2021
Racoon:

"....University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which came fifth...."
Doesn't matter,oduduwa land dominates the list grin
If it were to be Igbo that dominated the list,this thread would already be in page 1000 with all kinds of Igbo amaka comments

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by edoairways: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:
I knew it that all that ranking putting Covenant Uni at No.2 and No.1 are paid rankings. Covenant beside Unilag? Dont get me wrong, I schooled in one and worked briefly in the 2nd, and they are NEVER EVER going to come close, maybe in the dreams of the church members that owns that school sha.
When did Covenant emerge? How many professors have they trained and produced? All these gragra just to cash out and continue bilking parents for exorbitant school fees...All these fake projects, papers, and research they have produced. How many covenant alumni are creating trends in naija? Are they up to even 10? Ive seen their students, they are like fufu that can be eaten by students from OAU, UI, UNN, AAU, EKSU, LAG to mention a few. All these butter and lazy students wey you just dey dash 1st class to like say na akara. Rubbish! Many colleagues resigned because of the disturbing corruption in the school, no wonder their secondary students have never won any renowned academic competition nationally or globally except paid ones or the ones they can influence the judges. Talk about academic excellence.
Anyways, instead of sending my child to some glorified university managed by some religious families, I'd rather tell my child to kukuma travel abroad.
Those schools were not ranked based on innovations or academic competition. Your ignorance and bias wouldn't let you asked how they were ranked.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by blinking001(m): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2021
Yoruba kwenu
Yoruba Amaka

See how covenant university is busy showing our useless ASUU controlled public universities how to do things...even Atiku American university couldn't make the list since it's not corruption related...spits.

2 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Harddiskng(m): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:

Lmao I stopped reading here. It’s obvious you don’t know what you are talking about

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC To Prosecute 56 Website Operators For Leaking WASSCE Questions / JAMB To Extend Registration Deadline As Candidates Grapple With Difficulties / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.