Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand (1542 Views)

My 13 Years Old Has Become Terrible! I Want To Send Her Back To Nigeria / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by PuZZyNegro: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
I know you read that headline two times thinking maybe you read wrong or the poster made some typo error.

You did not! I just lost my grand aunt's wife late last week after a brief illness.

Who is my grand aunt? My mother's father's sister (my maternal grandfather's sister). She got married and lived for several years without a child before her husband died.

Being a traditionist, she got married to a girl that conceived out of wedlock as obtainable in those days.

The woman bore her three children, two boys and a girl. She lost one of the boys leaving her with a boy and a girl.

Some years later, the girl conceived out of wedlock and gave birth to a boy. Before we know it, she conceived again and again until she had three sons out of wedlock without pointing any man as the father of those children. She later lost one of the boys leaving her with two children.

This girl abandoned these two children for my grandaunt and her mother (my grandaunt's wife) and ran away from home.

Nobody saw her nor heard anything about her for several years. Then all of a sudden, this woman surfaced with four additional children, three girls and one boy, Making it a total of six surviving children without a single father figure.

We thought she has retired from prostitution and has come home to train her children but we were wrong.

This lady later abandoned these children again and disappeared. The youngest of them was just two years old.

My grandaunt and her wife started taking care of these children until my grandaunt died about five years ago. She was over 100 years old before her death.

We just got the news that the wife who's taking care of her grand children just passed away last week.

Now, those children don't have anywhere to go. No father's side since my grandaunt's other family members never want them because they deprived them the chance to inherit her late husband's lands.

Their mother is nowhere to be found.

My family people are saying those guys are not related to them by blood (something I found offensive because if they were adopted, that doesn't make them less the children and grandchildren of my late aunt).

Only God knows what will become of those children now.

The eldest son should be around 25 years, and you know how difficult things are for people with their both parents supporting them how much more someone that lacks both. The guy is just trying to survive, likewise his immediate younger brother (those first two their mother gave birth to).

The eldest sister should be around 19. The second daughter that is 17 is already having suitors coming for her hand in marriage.

People were of the opinion that she should marry before she follows the path of her mother and grandmother.

I thought they said that the love a mother has for her child(ren) is the greatest after agape love. How then will a woman be giving birth to children and abandoning them anyhow without care.

It's been over 8 years she dumped those children without ever reaching out to them to know if and how they are surviving. Does prostitution kill the compassionate side of a lady?

I need opinions!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by lekbel09(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
Let's wait for the elders in the house...this matter tie wrapper and skirt together. A very strange world indeed

1 Like

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by sisisioge: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You have no idea how funny this post is! May God bless your?Are they Uncles and Aunts or what? It is well o. Please show them respect and nurture. Cheers my brother grin
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by pozehnani(f): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2021
Your grandaunt caused all these.
Why would she go and marry a girl and make her to start sleeping with random men just to give her children. Now the wife has given her wayward children who has now continued in her mothers steps.

These wrong practices of old is the reason the society is filled with so much immorality today. And leaves one wondering if some people were birthed by normal parents. Now I know better.

Who are their fathers since your grandaunt couldn't perform the role of a father she took up.

See if you guys can at least locate the biological father of those children and send them there. That's their roots.

1 Like

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by verabetsy(f): 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
Some ladies don't try. 6/7 children without a husband? Even married folks don't give birth to that number!

1 Like

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Uyi168: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2021

If this your story na comprehension passage for exam, walai, man pikin don fail be that..

6 Likes

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Richy4(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
May God strengthen you guys..and give the kids fortitude to bear the loss..

Though the whole family Tree thing was zooming in my head like I was studying chemistry those days embarassed
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by PuZZyNegro: 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
pozehnani:
Why would she go and marry a girl and make her to start sleeping with random men just to give her children. Now the wife has given her wayward children who has now continued in her mothers steps.

These wrong practices of old is the reason the society is filled with so much immorality today. And leaves one wondering if some people were birthed by normal parents. Now I know better.

Who are their fathers since your grandaunt couldn't perform the role of a father she took up.

See if you guys can at least locate the biological father of those children and send them there. That's their roots.

Well, this thing happened in the 70's. It's an obsolete practice just like killing of twins and other archaic barbaric practices of old.

Technology has made it possible for there to be IVF, legal adoption, etc., that couples can explore to have their own child(ren) without involving a third party (a second wife).
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by PuZZyNegro: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2021
Uyi168:

If this your story na comprehension passage for exam, walai, man pikin don fail be that..

I was precise enough I think

At least, I was putting explanations in bracket to further clarify whatever that might cause difficulty in comprehension.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by pozehnani(f): 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:

Well, this thing happened in the 70's. It's an obsolete practice just like killing of twins and other archaic barbaric practices of old.

Technology has made it possible for there to be IVF, legal adoption, etc., that couples can explore to have their own child(ren) without involving a third party (a second wife).

Yeah sure.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Mindlog: 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2021
@PuZZyNegro, where is the surviving son of your grand aunt's wife? Being an acceptable practice back then, that son has the right to inherit because your grand aunt married his mother in the name of her late husband and the children by the wife bears the man's name.

Many communities in igboland practiced it before Christainity influenced the abandonement of such practice. Even many communities in East Africa practice it.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by PuZZyNegro: 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2021
Mindlog:
@PuZZyNegro, where is the surviving son of your grand aunt's wife? Being an acceptable practice back then, that son has the right to inherit because your grand aunt married his mother in the name of her late husband and the children by the wife bears the man's name.

Many communities in igboland practiced it before Christainity influenced the abandonement of such practice. Even many communities in East Africa practice it.

The surviving son is married with children and they're all living in the same house. The case of inheritance is no longer a problem as there are too many males now.

Sadly, the surviving son does not have what it takes to take care of his nephews and nieces.

The mother was doing that before her sudden death.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by pocohantas(f): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Your grandaunt wanted kids and the lady was nice enough to give her plenty of them- male and female. I think she should be given a befitting burial. lipsrsealed

The children? Well, time would tell. They already have a dysfunctional childhood.

2 Likes

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Mindlog: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:

The surviving son is married with children and they're all living in the same house. The case of inheritance is no longer a problem as there are too many males now.

Sadly, the surviving son does not have what it takes to take care of his nephews and nieces.

The mother was doing that before her sudden death.

So in all, he has 3 nieces and 3 nephews? The oldest being 25 years old while the youngest is about 10 years old.

One a brighter side, I feel your grand aunt died happy with the number of children and grandchildren she left behind as the once quiet compound became bubbling with children running around despite how their conception came about because tradition did support it.

2 Likes

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Uyi168: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:

I was precise enough I think

At least, I was putting explanations in bracket to further clarify whatever that might cause difficulty in comprehension.

U try.
Dooh.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by DrObum(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
The woman you're referring to that abandoned her children could have an undiagnosed mental illness.

1 Like

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Akuruoulo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2021
pozehnani:

That's The problem.
How to locate their Dad is the main issue.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Akuruoulo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
FATHERS ARE THE CENTER OF A FAMILY
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Wow!
We are still wrapping our heads on all these.....

We dey come back.....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by frozen70(f): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
I know you read that headline two times thinking maybe you read wrong or the poster made some typo error.

You did not! I just lost my grand aunt's wife late last week after a brief illness.

Who is my grand aunt? My mother's father's sister (my maternal grandfather's sister). She got married and lived for several years without a child before her husband died.

Being a traditionist, she got married to a girl that conceived out of wedlock as obtainable in those days.

The woman bore her three children, two boys and a girl. She lost one of the boys leaving her with a boy and a girl.

Some years later, the girl conceived out of wedlock and gave birth to a boy. Before we know it, she conceived again and again until she had three sons out of wedlock without pointing any man as the father of those children. She later lost one of the boys leaving her with two children.

This girl abandoned these two children for my grandaunt and her mother (my grandaunt's wife) and ran away from home.

Nobody saw her nor heard anything about her for several years. Then all of a sudden, this woman surfaced with four additional children, three girls and one boy, Making it a total of six surviving children without a single father figure.

We thought she has retired from prostitution and has come home to train her children but we were wrong.

This lady lady abandoned these children again and disappeared. The youngest of them was just two years old.

My grandaunt and her wife started taking care of these children until my grandaunt died about five years ago. She was over 100 years old before her death.

We just got the news that the wife who's taking care of her grand children just passed away last week.

Now, those children don't have anywhere to go. No father's side since my grandaunt's other family members never want them because they deprived them the chance to inherit her late husband's lands.

Their mother is nowhere to be found.

My family people are saying those guys are not related to them by blood (something I found offensive because if they were adopted, that doesn't make them less the children and grandchildren of my late aunt).

Only God knows what will become of those children now.

The eldest son should be around 25 years, and you know how difficult things are for people with their both parents supporting them how much more someone that lacks both. The guy is just trying to survive, likewise his immediate younger brother (those first two their mother gave birth to).

The eldest sister should be around 19. The second daughter that is 17 is already having suitors coming for her hand in marriage.

People were of the opinion that she should marry before she follows the path of her mother and grandmother.

I thought they said that the love a mother has for her child(ren) is the greatest after agape love. How then will a woman be giving birth to children and abandoning them anyhow without care.

It's been over 8 years she dumped those children without ever reaching out to them to know if and how they are surviving. Does prostitution kill the compassionate side of a lady?

I need opinions!!!

This is a very painful and real story

The family your grand auntie mariied to will have to accept these children

That's the only family they know

If one of them becomes a Billionaire, they will claim that they are their family

No body knows tomorrow

1 Like

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by merieam16(f): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
frozen70:

If one of them becomes a Billionaire, they will claim that they are their family

No body knows tomorrow
Everyone is a friend to success

2 Likes

Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by PuZZyNegro: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
frozen70:

No body knows tomorrow

They've already taken the place of the husband (my grand aunt's husband) but the problem now is how they will break the cycle of poverty and make it in life.

The second son went to do boy boy in a man's house. After staying for four years, his stay in the man's house is undecided. He asked the man to take him home so they can have a formal agreement on how long he's going to serve him. This is what people do after just one year of being with the oga.

The request made the man to flare up and started accusing the guy of stealing from him and not doing anything. That's how he was sent packing after wasting four years of his life serving the man.

The uncle who is the only person that could speak for him is an efulefu so no hope. People take advantage of such people sadly.

As at now, that guy is driving Keke in Lagos, is that how he wants to be a billionaire? None of them went pass SSCE so breaking the chain of poverty is really going to be difficult for them.
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by frozen70(f): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:

They've already taken the place of the husband (my grand aunt's husband) but the problem now is how they will break the cycle of poverty and make it in life.

The second son went to do boy boy in a man's house. After staying for four years, his stay in the man's house is undecided. He asked the man to take him home so they can have a formal agreement on how long he's going to serve him. This is what people do after just one year of being with the oga.

The request made the man to flare up and started accusing the guy of stealing from him and not doing anything. That's how he was sent packing after wasting four years of his life serving the man.

The uncle who is the only person that could speak for him is an efulefu so no hope. People take advantage of such people sadly.

As at now, that guy is driving Keke in Lagos, is that how he wants to be a billionaire? None of them went pass SSCE so breaking the chain of poverty is really going to be difficult for them.

The chain of poverty will be broken if they the men have few children and train them up to university level

As you can see, they are school drop out, so there is little they can do in terms of their education

So many people are rich and they didn't attend higher school

But in their own case, they have to tame the excesses of bringing too many children to life

Wealth comes from God
Re: My GrandAunt's Wife Is Dead. Terrible Situation At Hand by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
If your story is true, it's the kids I feel sorry for being brought into the world in this manner.
They're all adults now (except the 17-yo), so hopefully they can take care of themselves.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Depression And I Want To Vent My Feelings . / Full Time House Wife? / Who Is To Blame? (warning: Graphics Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.