Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA (5192 Views)

16 Year Old Boniface Offokaja Wipes The Floor With Other Africans - 1957 London / Boniface Igbeneghu: Bukola Saraki Reacts To UNILAG Lecturer's Sex Scandal / Alex Badeh (1957-2018): The Man Who Flew Two Former US Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Lol
Yoruba can never be seen trying to associate with the Europeans to the detriment of their culture
We will always be proud of our accent regardless of where we are
Queen's English is now a criterion for success?
No wonder you guys are like this undecided

Indeed. Can you believe the crap these guys come out with sef? Even today, most non-Nigerian folks universally only know Yoruba language as the other Nigerian language aside English.

That is because we promote our language, sing with it and converse with it universally. Some of the best music hits out of Nigeria, like Gongo Aso, were sang in Yoruba. Queens English my foot. Some niggas are just sad wannabes.

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theTranslator: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Indeed. Can you believe the crap these guys come out with sef? Even today, most non-Nigerian folks universally only know Yoruba language as the other Nigerian language aside English.

That is because we promote our language, sing with it and converse with it universally. Some of the best music hits out of Nigeria, like Gongo Aso, were sang in Yoruba. Queens English my foot. Some niggas are just sad wannabes.
Its irritating how they think everybody's like them
How many of them wear their indeginous clothes in their every day lives??
Almost none
They don't appreciate their own culture
But they love the western culture

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Lol
Yoruba can never be seen trying to associate with the Europeans to the detriment of their culture
We will always be proud of our accent regardless of where we are
Queen's English is now a criterion for success?
No wonder you guys are like this undecided
lol try another angle. Do you love your culture or language more than Hausa? But still we have seen videos of Tafawa Balewa in US sounding educated. We saw videos of Sarduana...we saw videos of Gowon. The reason we can't seem to find videos of yoruba person (except Woke Soyinka) during that era is that there is none. You had no icons until the 70s. Awolowo was embattled for much of the 50s and 60s

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

lol...Hausa is by far the most spoken and written local Language in m Nigeria. It even has its own script...the Ajali script. Go to Kano assembly and see if they speak English like you do in your assemblies. Yet we have seen videos of many northerners from 1950s and 60s speaking good English and sounding educated. How many textbooks are written in yoruba language? So if no textbooks are written in yoruba language, how can you claim educated when you don't speak English

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theTranslator: 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
lol try another angle. Do you love your culture or language more than Hausa? But still we have seen videos of Tafawa Balewa in US sounding educated. We saw videos of Sarduana...we saw videos of Gowon. The reason we can't seem to find videos of yoruba person (except Woke Soyinka) during that era is that there is none. You had no icons until the 70s. Awolowo was embattled for much of the 50s and 60s
Lol
See this man
Go to history
From the 19th century until now the Yoruba are one of the most educated tribes in the world
And having close to the British accent makes you educated?
I pity your children
I'm sure you might not be able to speak your native language sef
Hausa loved their culture??
Then why are they referred to all over the world as Hausa/Fulani? That's why you can't spot the differences between the two?
I ain't meant to be arguing with a deluded individual like you
Read history
Yoruba are known for their literacy all over the world just as Igbos are known for their IQ
use a search engine
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Idiko1: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Olodo. All you say make it obvious you are obsessed with intellectual d1ck comparison which means you actually feel intellectually inferior to others.

Broad categorizations, meaning nothing in the established and main racial identity of the world, you want to create a non-existent issue over. Are you then not a worthless, pedantic and distractive olodo?

I guess demented fools are always recognized. Again, black and white as media to describe human beings only exist in the intellectual faculty of dummies. The earth has one and only one race which is Human. Although like anything on earth, there are airheads who could chase and believe in non-existing phrases. Talk about Olodo, he\she who does not know and does not know that he\she does not know..........
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theTranslator: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
lol...Hausa is by far the most spoken and written local Language in m Nigeria. It even has its own script...the Ajali script. Go to Kano assembly and see if they speak English like you do in your assemblies. Yet we have seen videos of many northerners from 1950s and 60s speaking good English and sounding educated. How many textbooks are written in yoruba language? So if no textbooks are written in yoruba language, how can you claim educated when you don't speak English
Lol cheesy
Its Ajami script
Yoruba was also written in Ajami script
Make your research
Sounding educated because of accent?? cheesy
I pity your children grin
They're are more books written in Yoruba than there are of Igbo
Almost as much as Hausa(not counting historical text)
More than (not counting religious text)
The first Yoruba Bible was completed in 1884 by Ajayi crowther and now has several different versions

Igbo -1913 and Achebe said it wasn't a good translation
Hausa??

Wait for it.

2012!
This is a nonsense argument!
The Yoruba were and are still more educated
Get an history book

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Idiko1: 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

You guys should stop this blanket political correctness against all Nigerians and learn to call a spade a spade.

Specifically call out those guilty of the part in bold above for this behaviour here, i.e Igbos, and stop condemning others who tried to do what you said.

The two comments below were the first to set this thread on an ethnocentric path.

The parts in bold below are incendiary and condemnable so have the balls to condemn directly and stop tarnishing all with the ethnocentric brush mainly Igbos deserve to be painted with.

Only a dummy will listen to a loudmouthed ninny who has equated Africans to a thing such as black.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by nisai: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
kettykin:
Where were the free education crew when this debate about Africaby african youths was happening .

The Audacity of the igbo man is in his DNA no tribe in Africa has this level of audacity
You brag senselessly endlessly like a barking wild dog. You don't know when to avoid conflict by shutting your septic tank of a mouth.

You are a disgrace to the peaceful Igbos for not allowing them and we non Igbos to celebrate the prestigious and dignified pa Offokaja in peace.

Useless braggart!

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
Idiko1:

I guess demented fools are always recognized. Again, black and white as media to describe human beings only exist in the intellectual faculty of dummies. The earth has one and only one race which is Human. Although like anything on earth, there are airheads who could chase and believe in non-existing phrases. Talk about Olodo, he\she who does not know and does not know that he\she does not know..........

Lol. You're still going on about this black and white thingymijigg? Don't lie, the thing pain you well well ba? Have a nice weekend bro. cool
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
Idiko1:

Only a dummy will listen to a loudmouthed ninny who has equated Africans to a thing such as black.

Where are you bro? Let me recommend a nice restaurant near there so you go and have a nice lunch on me. You seem like a very hungry angry man who needs food. cool cool
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Its irritating how they think everybody's like them
How many of them wear their indeginous clothes in their every day lives??
Almost none
They don't appreciate their own culture
But they love the western culture

Don't mind them. Where did bombastic Grammer get Patrick Obahiagbon in Nigerian politics?
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Lol cheesy
Its Ajami script
Make your research
The first Yoruba Bible was completed in 1884 by Ajayi crowther and now has several different versions

Hausa??

Wait for it.

2012!
Get an history book

Brother, when they run out of facts to argue their case they will always turn to conjecture. It is their way.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by TruthHurts1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Most people from Horn of Africa (Ethiopians, Eritreans, Somalis) don't regard themselves as black. They rather see themselves as Middle Eastern.

tamdun:

That confused Ethiopian boy said he's not black
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by TruthHurts1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yoruba language has NEVER had any Arabic script! It's time you MUDSLIMES gave up this idiotic attempt to concoct an Arabic origin story for Yorubas! We are black Africans, end of story!

theTranslator:

Lol cheesy
Its Ajami script
Make your research

Hausa??

Wait for it.

2012!
Get an history book
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by TruthHurts1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
There's a theory in education that a class can only move at the pace of the lease intelligent students. This is a near identical case with the North and the rest of Nigeria. The human and material resources in the SW, SE and Niger Delta will not be enough to attain sustainable development for these entities as long as the underdeveloped and backward North is continually leeching them dry.

Oshigun:

Maybe. If you present your argument logically, rather than peddle hate blindly, then you would not come across as someone who has a deep and abiding hatred for the North.

I used to believe in one Nigeria but I am now very okay with the idea of a Yoruba nation. Yet me and you could be no more different as per reason for wanting Nigeria to separate.

Nigeria can work if the North is willing to accept some tough love and embrace restructuring, autonomous state/regional policing and equitable distribution of all human, material and official wealth of Nigeria.

I thought Buhari, if any Northerner can, would deliver this tough love to his own North that will set the North, and indeed Nigeria, on the path of future prosperity.

Buhari deliberately turned his back on what needs to be done. This convinced me a Northerner can never lead Nigeria into a prosperous, innovative, solution-driven and modern age.

If we therefore entertain the risk of a Northerner being President in 2023, because we are in nationhood with the North, then we should separate because everyone is fed up of 'more of the same' while Nigerians keep voting for "change". Let us separate and lead ourselves if being led by the North will always mean slowing down the pace of growth and development of the rest of us.

In fact this is why I am now for a Southern Presidency specifically Tinubu or Osinbajo. I believe, while Nigeria is one, it is now only a Southerner, albeit the right type of Southerner precluding Fayemi etal, that can and will reform Nigeria for the better.

That is very different to you who only hate Northerners primordially and want separation from them today without any thoughts for life in a Nigeria that may refuse to be separated anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Lol
See this man
Go to history
From the 19th century until now the Yoruba are one of the most educated tribes in the world
And having close to the British accent makes you educated?
I pity your children
I'm sure you might not be able to speak your native language sef
Hausa loved their culture??
Then why are they referred to all over the world as Hausa/Fulani? That's why you can't spot the differences between the two?
I ain't meant to be arguing with a deluded individual like you
Read history
Yoruba are known for their literacy all over the world just as Igbos are known for their IQ
use a search engine
all these long story is not necessary. Show us a video from 1950s and 60s of yoruba persons making Nigeria proud in any way. Chikena
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Buzx: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

You guys should stop this blanket political correctness against all Nigerians and learn to call a spade a spade.

Specifically call out those guilty of the part in bold above for this behaviour here, i.e Igbos, and stop condemning others who tried to do what you said.

The two comments below were the first to set this thread on an ethnocentric path.

The parts in bold below are incendiary and condemnable so have the balls to condemn directly and stop tarnishing all with the ethnocentric brush mainly Igbos deserve to be painted with.

If you check my comments, you'll see where I condemned the first guy you quoted. Regardless of the tribe, they're hundreds of those guys doing this stuff on Nairaland and this on thread. You don't expect one to quote all of them.

If you quote them all, it will result in an endless circle of argument and the thread will be derailed. It's really annoying when you come to a thread to have a decent conversation about the topic only for those bigots to hijack it.

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2021
TruthHurts1:
There's a theory in education that a class can only move at the pace of the lease intelligent students. This is a near identical case with the North and the rest of Nigeria. The human and material resources in the SW, SE and Niger Delta will not be enough to attain sustainable development for these entities as long as the underdeveloped and backward North is continually leeching them dry.

More or less my conclusion currently. What more does the North need to demonstrate leadership mettle when they already control virtually everything? Every government parastatal and armed force is controlled by Northerners. Talk less of the wealth and finances of Nigeria at federal level.

A sensible person can only conclude it is time to stop indulging the North. Buhari is the last Northerner I will ever support again in my life.

Buhari has made it crystal clear that, when push comes to shove, Northerners will defend the patronage system they have built rather than sacrifice in the short term and do the right things by all so they benefit, along with the rest of Nigeria, in the near future.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
Buzx:

If you check my comments, you'll see where I condemned the first guy you quoted. Regardless of the tribe, they're hundreds of those guys doing this stuff on Nairaland and this on thread. You don't expect one to quote all of them.

If you quote them all, it will result in an endless circle of argument and the thread will be derailed. It's really annoying when you come to a thread to have a decent conversation about the topic only for those bigots to hijack it.

OK. Crystal clear explanation. Thanks.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun you are not thinking rationally,
The boy in this interview is probably the kid of a Northern elite, and he is echoing the sentiment he grew up with, and by extension the sentiment of the general populace,
These people don't even hide but you always accuse whoever points out the stupidity of building a country with people of separate ideology, that person has to be the hater?
You love living in denial, and how exactly am I supposed to love a people displacing indigenous people?

Oshigun:

Maybe. If you present your argument logically, rather than peddle hate blindly, then you would not come across as someone who has a deep and abiding hatred for the North.

I used to believe in one Nigeria but I am now very okay with the idea of a Yoruba nation. Yet me and you could be no more different as per reason for wanting Nigeria to separate.

Nigeria can work if the North is willing to accept some tough love and embrace restructuring, autonomous state/regional policing and equitable distribution of all human, material and official wealth of Nigeria.

I thought Buhari, if any Northerner can, would deliver this tough love to his own North that will set the North, and indeed Nigeria, on the path of future prosperity.

Buhari deliberately turned his back on what needs to be done. This convinced me a Northerner can never lead Nigeria into a prosperous, innovative, solution-driven and modern age.

If we therefore entertain the risk of a Northerner being President in 2023, because we are in nationhood with the North, then we should separate because everyone is fed up of 'more of the same' while Nigerians keep voting for "change". Let us separate and lead ourselves if being led by the North will always mean slowing down the pace of growth and development of the rest of us.

In fact this is why I am now for a Southern Presidency specifically Tinubu or Osinbajo. I believe, while Nigeria is one, it is now only a Southerner, albeit the right type of Southerner precluding Fayemi etal, that can and will reform Nigeria for the better.

That is very different to you who only hate Northerners primordially and want separation from them today without any thoughts for life in a Nigeria that may refuse to be separated anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
all these long story is not necessary. [b]Show us a video from 1950s and 60s of yoruba persons making Nigeria proud in any way. [/b]Chikena

And what will that prove olodo? You people just leave others with no choice but to insult you because you are simply annoying in the most ret.arded ways !!!!

Do you, the poster you quoted or anyone on this thread live in the 1950s and 60s? Are you able to get free cash from the bank today because your Igbo forefathers spoke queens English in 1951? Sad individual.

Egypt was once a great kingdom. Perhaps Egyptian should go around demanding to be treated like VIPs because of their past.

Live in today my friend and stop being a sad loser. If you don't know, those who fail to let go of the past don't have a life in the present worth glorifying.

What Igbos are today, starting from your 'superior' individual SE States, is what you should use to validate the hollow supremacy noise you guys make day in day out 24/7. We don't want to see any video of your forebears sounding more British than Prince Charles in 1942.

In case you still don't get it many worldwide are praising that young man for his intellect, clarity of vision and advanced thinking not his spoken English. Olodo rabata.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

And what will that prove olodo? You people just leave others with no choice but to insult you because you are simply annoying in the most ret.arded ways !!!!

Do you, the poster you quoted or anyone on this thread live in the 1950s and 60s? Are you able to get free cash from the bank today because your Igbo forefathers spoke queens English in 1951? Sad individual.

Egypt was once a great kingdom. Perhaps Egyptian should go around demanding to be treated like VIPs because of their past.

Live in today my friend and stop being a sad loser. If you don't know, those who fail to let go of the past don't have a life in the present worth glorifying.

What Igbos are today, starting from your 'superior' individual SE States, is what you should use to validate the hollow supremacy noise you guys make day in day out 24/7.
so the long and short of these jibber jabber is that there were no yoruba icons of note in the 50s. Ok. Let's just establish that here for future reference.
Take care ogbeni
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

More or less my conclusion currently. What more does the North need to demonstrate leadership mettle when they already control virtually everything? Every government parastatal and armed force is controlled by Northerners. Talk less of the wealth and finances of Nigeria at federal level.

A sensible person can only conclude it is time to stop indulging the North. Buhari is the last Northerner I will ever support again in my life.

Buhari has made it crystal clear that, when push comes to shove, Northerners will defend the patronage system they have built rather than sacrifice in the short term and do the right things by all so they benefit, along with the rest of Nigeria, in the near future.
kikikiki....motor.
Oshigun my Móslem brethren from heebadan. Let's wait and see who you will vote for when it comes down to Muhammed Isa from Bauchi state VS Chibuzo Eze from Enugu state.
undecided
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by tamdun: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
Igbos on this forum should take things slow, as a yoruba, I saw a brilliant Nigerian on YouTube and I decided to share it with fellow nairalander, all I saw was a brilliant man(not igbo man) but as usual, nairalanders will always find a way to turn a beautiful thread into ugly one
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
tamdun:
Igbos on this forum should take things slow, as a yoruba, I saw a brilliant Nigerian on YouTube and I decided to share it with fellow nairalander, all I saw was a brilliant man(not igbo man) but as usual, nairalanders will always find a way to turn a beautiful thread into ugly one

Don't mind them. Yet they want to lead Nigeria. I have hardly seen Igbos praise a Yoruba or acknowledge the competence of others.

Instead it is supremacists statements all the time based on absolutely nothing. They are always to be found proudly donning the toga of clannish bigotry and disregard of others.

Yet they want others to give them their vote when, by their mouth, it is crystal clear Igbos will relish subjugating others and engaging in the sort of Igbo-centered nepotism that would make Buhari appear a Saint in comparison.

Why they even come to a Nigerian forum I don't know because, clearly, they don't act nor talk like Nigerians. Never.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
kikikiki....motor.
Oshigun my Móslem brethren from heebadan. Let's wait and see who you will vote for when it comes down to Muhammed Isa from Bauchi state VS Chibuzo Eze from Enugu state.
undecided

I will never vote nor campaign for a Northerner again until Nigeria is restructured and we have a broad regionalism that gives all regions of Nigeria the tools and power to grow independently and at their own pace.

That does not mean I will vote any of the Igbo wastemen you lot parade as potential Presidents. Obi the prostitute who cannot develop APGA and ran to the PDP? How is such a weakling fit to be President of hardened and recalcitrant saboteurs across Nigerian politics?

Kalu one of the worst and most corrupt governor in Nigeria's history who began the rot in Abia that has made the State regularly described as one of the worst in Nigeria? All ex-Governors who go to the Senate, christened the retirement home of former governors, are clowns.

or Umahi who believes in jumping ship rather than fighting to improve how the ship sails as Tinubu has done his entire career?

No thanks. I will simply abstain in 2023 if any of those Igbos are facing a Northerner.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by samegold(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
See the level of intelligence a 16 years old student had then. These are the type of people that was suppose to rule Nigeria not that backward haggard, lifeless terrorist-apologist.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by samegold(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
We are filled with so many intellectual individuals, how did we end up with a retard?
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
samegold:
We are filled with so many intellectual individuals, how did we end up with a retard?

Buhari is not unintelligent as many of you simplistically assume. It is us Southerners who are unintelligent for underestimating the reasons the North always want power. I have come to realize that What Buhari is doing is deliberate and it is what every single Northerner will do also if President.

The tactics is to always use financial and administrative policies of the executive arm, and nepotistic control of vital offices, to deliberately prop up the patronage system the North enjoys to the detriment of other regions of Nigeria.

Bring down that system and replace it with a meritocratic one and the Northern elites Will suffer. This is why no Northern President will/can ever reform Nigeria willingly.

There are simple and straightforward developmental policies Nigeria can adopt, plus loop holes that can be plugged, which will begin producing the changes we want overnight to allow serious States and region to grow at their own pace and according to their natural endowment.

Yet even ultra-intelligent Northerners, like SLS for example, will still never initiate those policies if President so it is not about intelligence alone per SE. Put a Northerner with 10 PHDs in the Presidency and the result will be same as we are seeing today.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theTranslator: 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Yoruba language has NEVER had any Arabic script! It's time you MUDSLIMES gave up this idiotic attempt to concoct an Arabic origin story for Yorubas! We are black Africans, end of story!

I also don't subscribe to the middle east shit
But saying Yoruba never used Ajami script shows you're ignorant and you have no shame
You can always make a research before talking nonsense and disgracing yourself on the internet!
https://open.bu.edu/handle/2144/38122
Ajami constituted an
early source of literacy for a variety
of local languages in Sub-Saharan
Africa, including Yoruba, Mande,
Wolof, Fula and Afrikaans. Its
history refutes the oft-prevailing
claims that Africa lacks written
traditions...

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/africaatlse/2019/10/01/social-commercial-african-ajami-culture/

I'm a Christain I don't believe no middle east origin shit
And Ajami is just similar its not Arabic!
Just as the Greek script is similar but its not Cryllic!

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by TruthHurts1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
This is from the article you referred me to which isn't published in any reputable historical journal, neither does it appear to be peer reviewed:

Arising from Islamic clerical and educational campaigns of the 15th–16th centuries, Ajami constituted an early source of literacy for a variety of local languages in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Yoruba, Mande, Wolof, Fula and Afrikaans.

The so called article is littered with blunders, most notable of which is the inclusion of Afrikaans as a language influenced by the Ajami script. Afrikaans is the language of the white minority of South Africa which was used as a tool of colonial oppression against the black majority during the days of apartheid. It is 100% based on European languages. What the writer is calling Ajami is just a bastardised version of Arabic which was used by the Indian and Pakistani muslims who settled in the Cape Coast of South Africa.

Apart from that, there is no evidence for the use of Ajami script in Yorubaland in the form of ancient manuscripts or literature. All that exists are unverified claims typically made by Yoruba muslims who have an agenda to attach an Arab umbilical cord to Yoruba history and culture.

They may easily make fools of simpletons, but thank goodness not all of us are dimwits.

theTranslator:

I also don't subscribe to the middle east shit
But saying Yoruba never used Ajami script shows you're ignorant and you have no shame
You can always make a research before talking nonsense and disgracing yourself on the internet!
https://open.bu.edu/handle/2144/38122
Ajami constituted an
early source of literacy for a variety
of local languages in Sub-Saharan
Africa, including Yoruba, Mande,
Wolof, Fula and Afrikaans. Its
history refutes the oft-prevailing
claims that Africa lacks written
traditions...

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/africaatlse/2019/10/01/social-commercial-african-ajami-culture/

I'm a Christain I don't believe no middle east origin shit
And Ajami is just similar its not Arabic!
Just as the Greek script is similar but its not Cryllic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See 22 Storey Building Nigeria House In New York / KeepItOnNigeria: Nigerians Call On NASS And FG To Protect Digital Freedom / Let Me Tell You About John Togo A Freedom Fighter(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.