Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) (2021 Views)

As Fate Would Have It (TRUE ROMANCE) (4) / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance / Twist Of Fate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:03am On Mar 12, 2021
AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (Prologue)

Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite
Muhammad Jabir was the C.E.O of Adimbos reality, Lagos, Nigeria. The most popular and prosperous rice_producing company in west Africa and Africa at large.

He was born to a family of five children and was the only son of Mr. and Mrs. Jabir Adimbo, a known name in Nigeria. Mr. Jabir was the one-time Senate president of Nigeria. He was pampered since he was the only son.

Like several other children of interest, Muhammad Jabir was educated at one of the leading secondary schools in the nation, King's College, Lagos. Later he was sent to Epsom College, England, and then on to Lincoln College, University of Oxford. Muhammad never lacked anything while growing up.

He took up the family business after he came back from San Diego in the States. And ever since, the firm had grown beyond recognition. It had attracted investors from both here in Nigeria and the world at large. The company now exports rice to various parts of the world.

Indeed Muhammad is an exemplary leader and had made his family proud over the years.

Temitayo John was a 24 years old graduate of business management from the Lagos State University. With first-class, and ever since for three years, she had been job hunting, from one business firm to another.

Read more at https://bookishyinka.com/as-fate-would-have-it-3/

BOOKISH YINKA

Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2021
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
As Fate Would Have It (1)

The padder fills her ears, thumping away on the roof. Temi eyes slowly fluttered open. It had rained throughout the night.

She glanced at the alarm clock which displays 8:00a.m. She had an interview to attend by 9:30a.m, hurriedly she went to the bathroom, dressed up, grabbed her umbrella and off she went.

Just as she stood by the roadside to stop a taxi, a car driving recklessly spilled mud over her dress!. “Oh my God” she whispered with a her hands on her head.

The car driver who acknowledge this, came down to apologise.

“You are stupid” Temi ranted to the car owner.
I’m sorry he said! While trying to clean her dress with his handkerchief, furiously she said all sort of a stupid words.

Muhammad was slowly losing patience with all the blabbering Temi was doing as he had an interview to conduct on the island. “You have no manners ” he said and drove off . “You are stupid” she ranted to the driver.

Oooh no! What do I do now, my dress is ruined and it is almost time for the interview said Temi worriedly. Hurriedly she entered a taxi and went back home to change.

Good afternoon sir…..afternoon, …….afternoon sir, good day sir…..was ranted into the air as Muhammad walked into the company. Let the interview begin he said as he walked into his office.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (2)

Good afternoon, “I’m here for the inter…”

“The interview has long started” interrupted the secretary.

“I know, I’m late but please give me a chance, I encountered some problems that’s why I’m late.” Temi pleaded as her gaze was flitting around the room, never setting on the secretary for long.

“Okay but you have to wait for the others to be done since you are late.”

“Thank you, thank you ma’am” she replied.

“Miss Temi, you are up next for the interview,” the Secretary said.

“Ok ma” she replied apprehensively.

“This way, down the corridor, thanks.”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Come in.”

“Good afternoon sir.” She said as she walked in slowly. Her heart pounding heavily.

“Sit down,” he said with his head down while signing the papers in front of him.

“What’s your name?” he asked while looking up at her.

“My name is Temi…” Temi paused and peered intently at him. The interviewer turned out to be the person she had quarreled with at the motor-park for spilling mud on her dress.

“You!” Temi said.

“Well Well Well who do we have here, the rude girl.” He said and smirked.

She sighed. “My name is Temitayo Johnson”

“Okay, Temi let us go straight to the interview, can I see your credentials”

“Yes…no…yes sir.” She said confused.

“Is it a yes or no Miss?” He asked.

“Sorry, sir. Here is it sir” she said passing it to him.”
Okay impressive” he said while going through her papers.

“Do you have any experience?” He asked.

“No sir, but you can give me a chance, I promise not to disappoint you”. Temi replied.

“You can go, Miss, you will be called upon if you are selected, thank you.” He said waving her away.

“Thank you, sir.” She said dejectedly.
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
As Fate Would Have It (3)

Muhammad Jabir was the C.E.O of Adimbos reality, Lagos, Nigeria. The most popular and prosperous rice_producing company in west Africa and Africa at large.

He was born to a family of five children and was the only son of Mr. and Mrs. Jabir Adimbo, a known name in Nigeria. Mr. Jabir was the one-time Senate president of Nigeria. He was pampered since he was the only son.
Like several other children of interest, Muhammad Jabir was educated at one of the leading secondary schools in the nation, King’s College, Lagos. Later he was sent to Epsom College, England, and then on to Lincoln College, University of Oxford. Muhammad never lacked anything while growing up.

He took up the family business after he came back from San Diego in the States. And ever since, the firm had grown beyond recognition. It had attracted investors from both here in Nigeria and the world at large. The company now exports rice to various parts of the world.

Indeed Muhammad is an exemplary leader and had made his family proud over the years.

Temitayo John was a 24 years old graduate of business management from the Lagos State University. With first-class, and ever since for three years, she had been job hunting, from one business firm to another.

Temi who was from a humble background was the bread winner of her family of seven. They barely had three square meals a day talk less of a complete two.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/as-fate-would-have-it-3/
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2021
As Fate Would Have It (4)

“Hello, good morning, Am I speaking with Miss Temitayo?” The voice over the phone asked.

“Ye…ee….sss this is Temitayo, how can I help you?”

“You have been selected for the post of the P.A to the C.E.O Adimbos reality.”

“P.A?” she asked and slowly placed her hand over a mouth.

Temitayo was bewildered. “Wow! really, thank you” she said in a soft shaky voice.

“You are to report to work on Monday Miss Temi. The caller said and hanged up immediately.

“Oh my goodness”, temi said as she sat on her bed moving her hand down to her throat then chest.

“I thought I applied for a receptionist?” She thought trying to clarify what she had just heard.

“Phew. At least it’s better than nothing.” She said and rubbed her hand over the bed searching for her phone.
“Mama mi must hear this.”

“Hello Momma, finally I got a job” She told her mum excited.

“Wow! my child congratulation.” Her mum said happily and in tears. Then she mumbled prayers on her daughter.

“Amen” Temi repeatedly said smiling.

*Monday morning*

Temi stood at the door with the words “C.E.O” She sighed heavily and knocked.

“You may come in.” His voice boomed.

“Good morning, sir.”

“Yes, morning.” He his eyes swept over her slowly and returned to his laptop. “I’m sure you’ve been briefed about your position?”

“Erm… not really. That wasn’t the post I applied for.”
He looked at me again and smirked.

“I’m aware of that. This is my company, and I felt that position would suit you better. If you aren’t interested, you’re free to leave.”

“No…no…not that. I’ll take the job,” she said. What a prude, she thought.

Temitayo plastered a fake smile on her face and looked around his office. This was the first time she was taking in his office. Most of his furniture was black.

The room had a beautiful glass backdrop that overlooked the city. Every file on the shelves and his table were neatly stacked. At the corner of the room was a coffee machine. On it was some photo frames which were turned down. She wondered why anyone would choose not to stand a photo frame.

He coughed, and she immediately drew her eye back to him. Flexing his expensive watch, he stretched out some papers to her.

“Okay, so, in these documents are my schedule and everything your work entails. You will only report directly to me, and you will do whatever task I assign to you that is not in the documents, of course. I hope that’s clear?”

She nodded. “Yes, it is.”

“Good! Now, excuse me.”

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/as-fate-would-have-it-4/
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2021
AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (5)

Five months later.

“I must really commend you, Miss Temi.”Muhammad said as he held the cup closer to his lips. “Your efforts have been exceptional and believe me you’ve done better than I expected.”

“Thank you.” She said smiling.

Muhammad had developed a strong likeness to her. He liked the way she carried herself. And how she was so at ease in her body. It was obvious she was clever and humble.

“Besides, that reminds me.” Muhammad added dropping the cup “You and I will be going to a conference in South Africa”.

“Wow!” She said as a mouth slacked in surprise.

“Wow?”,”I guess you never travelled out of this country” he asked smiling.

“No sir” she chuckled. “Uhm…is it just both of us?”

“Yes, do you have any problem with that?”

“N…no”

“Okay, we will be leaving three days from now, I have made arrangement for your visa.”

“Alright.” Temi said.

Temi got home feeling excited. For years she had been looking forward to travelling away from home – to having her freedom – but now, she only thought of how much she would miss her family and how frightening it would be to travel with her boss. Alone.

She went to her mother place to tell her about the forthcoming trip. Her mother was so excited. With tears in her eyes she prayed for temi.

“Good morning sir.” She said, stepping into the car parked in front of the office.

“Morning,” He replied briskly, then he revived the engine. “I can sense you are excited about this trip” Muhammad dragged his eyes lazily over her.

“I guess,” Temi said, feeling giddy. They both discussed as they drove to the airport

After boarding the plane, they arrived tired and went to the hotel he had booked for them.

“Here are your keys, sir,” The receptionist said. She looked at Temi then settled her eyes on Muhammad. “Alright.” He grabbed the keys from the front desk.

“Oh, sir.” She called out sweetly.

We both turned out necks, and this time Muhammad’s eyebrows were creased. Temi was sure it wasn’t just her who noticed the receptionist’s failed attempt at flirting.

“If you need anything, don’t hesitate to call room service.” She blinked furiously and smiled. Temi rolled her eyes and tailed Muhammad, who was already three strides ahead of her. He walked her to her room and stood at the doorway.

“Good night Miss Temi, be ready by 7:pm tomorrow. We will be leaving for Johannesburg. That’s where the conference will hold.”

“Alright,” She replied. Immediately she closed the door behind her she sunk into the bed, letting its warmth envelop her.

Read other stories here: https://bookishyinka.com/as-fate-would-have-it-5/
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Ann2012(f): 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (6)

Mr. Adimbo, it’s been a while I saw you since the conference in Sebo, right?”
” Yes, it has Mr. Jide.”
“How’s your dad?”

“He is fine,” Muhammad replied.

“Is this your wife?” Mr. Jude asked and pointed at Temi, who was standing behind Muhammad.
He smiled as he held Temi’s hand and drew her closer, “Temi, this is Mr. Jide, a business tycoon who owns multiple hotel chains.”
“Ohhhhh c’mon,” Mr jide said, laughing as they all walked towards the Conference Hall.
Temi could not help but marvel at the atmosphere and the people she was introduced to. It’s was like a fairy tale to her. She couldn’t believe a lady of her type was amongst magnates. She had a mixed feeling of joy and nervousness.
The conference was held at Arum Place Guest House, one of the most luxurious hotels in Jo’burg. The meeting featured business owners from all over Africa.
As they continued their walk, Muhammad noticed Temi was silent.
“Hey, are you okay?” he asked, smiling.

She sighed. “I guess I am.” she chuckled.
“Just wait over there until we’re done, alright?” Muhammad said and tapped her shoulder.
“Ok, sir.”
After the conference, they both walked outside. The path was a rustling carpet of golden leaves, and the air hung heavy with the smell of bonfires. Temi and Muhammad were walking in the direction of the meadows and talking. They spoke at length about the meeting’s outcome and the benefits it would have on his own company.
“So what do you think of here, compared to Nigeria?” Muhammad asked.

“Well, I must admit South Africa is hauntingly beautiful,” she said smiling.
“Your smile is contagious,” he said, staring at her.

She smiled and bent her head to avoid his gaze.
They walked in silence for a few moments along the narrow path. He wanted to ask about her family but didn’t want to seem rude, so they talked about people they knew instead. They hadn’t realized how far they had gone until Muhammad saw they were nearly at a pub which was a couple of miles away from the Conference Hall.
“Wow! Oh my God, we have walked so far.”
Muhammad jokingly said and laughed. “I guess we’re going to have to walk back again.”

“Oh, alright,” Temi replied, smiling.

They got back to the hall exhausted.

“That’s one hell of a walk,” Muhammad said, staring at Temi. Temi nodded. “I guess we should head back to the hotel,” Temi insisted, this time fixing her gaze on him so that he found it difficult to let his eyes wander down the rest of her body as he has always done.

“Why? don’t you like it out here?”
“No, I just need rest.”
“Ok then,” he said and drew her closer as they walked towards the car park.
They arrived at the hotel and walked in silence as they approach the entrance to the hotel.

“So….hmm, Good Night,” Muhammad said as they both paused at the entrance.
“Good Night, sir,” Temi replied, walking to her apartment.
Muhammad stood for a while as he watched Temi walked to her apartment.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/
Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 7:09pm On May 03, 2021
As FATE WOULD HAVE IT (7)

Temi woke up the following day shivering and with a throbbing head. Every time she moved her head, the pain only got worse, so she just laid still. She caught a whiff of burnt food from somewhere down her apartment, and it dawned on her that she hadn’t been eating much. Temi found the food in the hotel very terrible, so she opted for junk food instead.

She lay still for a few more minutes, waiting for some sun to brighten her room. She reminisced about yesterday’s event, the people she met, the guest house and most significantly, the walk with her boss.
It was the first time they would talk at length. Temi, who had a great sense of humour, found him hilarious. She realised how highly-accomplished and clever he was and yet was humble, never once flaunting his knowledge in the way she had grown to dislike other men.
He also appeared to be more pleasant than she remembered from the first time she started working with him.

She pushed back the blanket, got out of bed and searched for her slippers before padding across the tiled floor to her desk. Temi took her bag and hurried back to the warmth of the bed. She plumped her pillow against the wall and rested on it. Tucking her hand into their bag to bring out her phone, she felt a wave of nausea hit her.
She was homesick. She thought about what her mother could be doing at that moment, probably gossiping with her fellow traders. And her siblings, going about their daily activities. She had lost her dad to a car accident while she was young.

Temi readjusted her pillow and took the biscuit from her bag. She dialled her mother number and immediately changed her mind. She would message her instead. Dropping her phone and glancing at the clock, which showed 10.30 a.m.

Her tummy growled loudly. She had to eat, but the hotel food was always overcooked and flavourless.

“Rubbish, Rubbish”, she muttered, looking down at the empty biscuit tin. She was still murmuring when she felt the vibration on the bed and jumped. It was her phone. The screen showed “Muhammad”.

“Hello Temi” His rich baritone floated over the phone. One could quickly tell he just woke up too.
“Good morning, sir,” Temi said and hurriedly got out of bed.
“Yeah, morning”,, Muhammad replied.
“Do you mind going out today?” He asked. “I mean, would you love to visit some notable place before leaving the country?”
“Yes, sir, sounds great.”
“Ok then, see you by 2 p.m.”
“Yes, sir,” she said, smiling, then she checked the wall clock.

Read more: https://bookishyinka.com/as-fate-would-have-it-7/

1 Like

Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Ann2012(f): 8:39pm On May 03, 2021
Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) by Pancakeey(f): 9:49am On May 04, 2021
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update OP
You're welcome
Another update this evening

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I / Ebo Yemoja (the Mermaid’s Sacrifice) / Papson Sports: Write For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.