Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,027 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA (31831 Views)

Why Buhari Sacked Buratai, Other Service Chiefs - Daily Trust / EndSARS: CACOVID To Rebuild 44 Police Stations, Donates ₦100 Billion For Arms / Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by VEXT: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
The National Security Adviser, NSA Babagana Monguno, has revealed that funds given to former service chiefs for arms purchase not be traced.

On January 26, President Muhammadu Buhari removed the service chiefs in persons of the Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

The president had immediately appointed their replacements in persons of Major-General Leo Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A. Z. Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff.

But in an interview with the BBC Hausa on Friday morning, the NSA said neither the money approved by Mr Buhari for arm purchase nor arms was met on ground when the new service chiefs assumed office.

Asked why the government is foot-dragging on fight against banditry, Mr Monguno said the president had done his best by approving huge amount of money for arm purchase but the equipment was not forthcoming.

“Now that he (President Buhari) has brought new people (service chiefs), hopely they will device some ways… I’m not saying the former service chiefs diverted the money, but the money is missing. We don’t know how, and nobody knows for now,” he said.

Asked whether the matter is investigated to trace the funds or the military hardwares, the NSA said the president would investigate the matter.

“The President will surely probe this matter. As we speak, the Nigerian Governors’ Forum too is also wondering where all the money went. I can assure you the president takes issues of this nature seriously.

“The fact is that preliminary investigation showed the funds are missing and the equipment is nowhere to be found.

“When the new service chiefs assumed office, they also said they did see anything on ground,” said the NSA.

https://dailynigerian.com/funds-meant-arms-purchase/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by gasparpisciotta: 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
Which way Nigeria?

I wish this country can disappear and reappear back in time on another continent, maybe amongst the dinosaurs...

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by lamentor78(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
The ambassador thieves

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by Kriss216: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
Should we blame Jonathan

grin

230 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by optionalY09: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
Don’t tell us go and arrest him...

These Fulani people are deceitful murderers. If you watch the charade they just concocted with the help of channels TV you will realize that there is nobody in charge of this country

In my analysis of what they hurriedly put together to seems like national security emergency meeting, i noticed that the northern emirs went to report to Buhari that their people are being attacked and their house set ablaze with their herds and it’s making life difficult for them. They seek Buharis approval to unleash the army on Southerners to protect their people.

We have to be prepared for military invasion in the South because they are coming to protect the interests of criminal marauders who are killing our people.

We can not achieve security with deceit and lies.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by Jesse6(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
is a pity
upon their salaries
Na God fit help us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by blazepascal(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
the money has been looted its no longer news

19 Likes

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by slawormiir: 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
This country be like zee world
Extra ordinary everyday

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by DennisEche(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
EVERY DAY ON CRUISE,

8 Likes

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by obasiken: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Not Again!!!........a lot of things will be revealed when APC leaves power

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Somebody somewhere will only be shocked by this report and that's all.

Instead of them to find lasting solutions to unbearable rate of crimes and insecurities we are currently experiencing, na so so worry about Cows and their Snakes nurturing ventures they are so much concern about.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by damijoe77: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Rumour went viral sometimes back that President of this country mohamadu Buhari is long dead."with faith" an holy spirit just spoke to me that a foreign man is governing this country,initiatiating all the construction of " Nigeria and other foreign body's railways,accommodating foreign mafia,serial killers who are non- Nigerians.One Nigeria, Nigeria my country,a country filled with unlimited natural resources,blessed with so many cultural entities.God bless Nigeria!!
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by vengertime: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
The news you read in this country can kill you

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
Buhari is mentally retarded and it's a shame for any educated person to still be supporting this m.or.on of a president.

Looting has seriously been ongoing without Buhari either noticing or caring to notice.

Shame and joke is on you who still support Buhari.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hmm
Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by holluwizzy: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
That's not ne w

1 Like

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by holluwizzy: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
That's not new

1 Like

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by RRodwave(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
What kan i say
Even the person who made this statement might have even looted his own

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by holluwizzy: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
This is not a news naa.
Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by Semil(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
It is well
Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by Nbotee(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hahahahahahaha.... Now U understand why dey were quickly granted immunity by being made career ambassadors lol

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by AlphaLover: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
Just read diz nonsense in 2021 ?..this country is a joke

And the useless man is saying I didn't say they diverted the money o but we can't trace the money or arms

Where are the useless BMC always talking about 16 years ago

What will one say to this ? Money approved for arms gone no arms bought

Simplyleo come here and talk rubbish and blame your enemies for this ..

And the useless government rewarded them with promotions

This country is useless now I see it .

Corruption is only cried about when it's the opposition and people from another tribe but when it's one's own party members and tribesmen no one talks

How can we then grow as a nation? Tell me why we should remain one nation with this sort of corrupt system backed by tribalism?

If this where to be services chiefs from south south or south east the DSS and EFCC would have descended on them frozen their accounts taken their passports !! And we blame the iboz who want out of this nonsense of a nation?

Diz country is just useless

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by happney65: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by saferoom: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
Wow
I saw this on Facebook

6 Likes

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by SILVERLINES: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
cheesy

Na Buhari person, therefore no case

2 Likes

Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by id4sho(m): 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
angry
Re: Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA by EmmanuelScott1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
That man that gave them ambassador is Useless and worthless simp

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Of These Promises APC Made In 2015 To Nigerians Were Fulfilled? / Drop The Name Nigeria, It's Demeaning: Wole Olanipekun Advocates Restructuring / Those Who Joined Akpabio To Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.