Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? (21349 Views)

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2021
Cerebellum:
Be asking me fulish question you know the answer to already

To slap you dey hungry me, Ajeh!

A dey vexxx!!
.........I read one news here on nairaland that men who are quick to anger are liable to die young.....I hope you have seen the news as well?

5 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by AlphaSoul: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2021
Bola146:

God bless you. I can't marry a Muslim or herbalist, no matter how rich is he.
@Bola146, Try to be flexible if he
loves you, and let's you practice your faith. Omo Ibadan be wise.wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Gentle0wavez: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

Stupid mentality.

I don't expect you to agree

Show me where it was written in the Bible.

Lol, Oga it's written everywhere. For not to know it means it is you who don't read bible

Leave the Muslims alone. Leave the Unbelievers alone too.

I was not holding or even talking to them, I was telling my Christian sister not to marry them, so please don't play smart

Why must you degrade another religion because you're not practicing it?. Na why dem dy kill people like you be this

To us as Christians, Muslims are unbelievers. So also to them as Muslims, we Christians are unbelievers. So we are all guilty

11 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

Stupid mentality.

I don't expect you to agree

Show me where it was written in the Bible.

Lol, Oga it's written everywhere. For not to know it means it is you who don't read bible

Leave the Muslims alone. Leave the Unbelievers alone too.

I was not holding or even talking to them, I was telling my Christian sister not to marry them, so please don't play smart

Why must you degrade another religion because you're not practicing it?. Na why dem dy kill people like you be this

To us as Christians, Muslims are unbelievers. So also to them as Muslims, we Christians are unbelievers. So we are all guilty

Speak for yourself. Stop displaying your incurable ignorance here.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Peace081: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2021
Kapeter:
So tell us, is he ibo muslim? grin
Hahaha
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Peace081: 11:22am On Mar 13, 2021
@Op follow your heart
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by frozen70(f): 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox
I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.
He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him,
But the issues is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady,
Pls house does religion matters in marriage
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Roctation

It matters ohhh

If he will permit you and the children to practice Christianity, then he will be willing to wed you in a Christian church

But if he says otherwise, it's either you marry him and become a Muslim or you forget him and look elsewhere

Try and discuss it with him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Seankhalifa: 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
to me no.. my mum is a Christian and dad Muslim.. married for 40yrs..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by BlackPantherxXx: 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Short answer....

A LOT.

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
No.

So long as none of you have any fanatical view about his/her religion
all muslims are fanatical.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Marry head slammer at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
Just Imagine SmellySperm being starved of Pork meat because he is married to Fati2001 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by dapadawee: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

But the issue is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady.

am not against you marrying him but associating or bringing Christianity into it when you know you're not a Christian is my concern pls God cannot be mocked stop mocking God if you want to marry him it's your choice note your choice isn't necessarily God's choice good luck.
you're not a Christian ma
you're a church goer ma
you're not a born again
you're just born in the church.

caring, kindness, good pay job humble home and the immortality etc. you're enjoying now may not last long.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by cricifixo: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
It's spelt thus foolish and not "fulish". Don't use agege english for us abegi
Cerebellum:
Be asking me fulish question you know the answer to already

To slap you dey hungry me, Ajeh!

A dey vexxx!!
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by specialmati(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

a christian suppose not ask this kind question if truly you are a Christian. What have you been practicing

7 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Timmzycul11: 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
It matters a lot
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Light and darkness cannot live together

3 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by urbobo20(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
it never and it will never be a problem . am a christan born and broth up in delta state . married a yoruba muslem born and broth up in lagos , and we both move to warri we are leaving in peace and respect

9 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by biotechshola(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

Do Muslim believe that Jesus Christ is lord, if not then they are unbelievers, that's what I mean.

No Muslim is a true Muslim if he doesn't believe in Jesus... But unlike you Christians, we don't take him as our lord, he was a prophet of God.

Mind you, our own Jesus is not the one you guys display around in crosses... Perhaps that man is your lord you believe in..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by emmabest2000(m): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

@... He possesed all the qualities I need in a man is a danm RED FLAG shocked

Don't love him
You just love his personality simple grin
But you can go ahead and marry him if you are ready to have three younger girls as co-wife in future, tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Mattswaggz: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
Just Chilling while reading comments �
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Aksnoopy: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
Werey dey disguise! Gold digger oshi. grin grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by sleeknaija(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
The comments I read here makes me laugh.. so many ignorant people.. Smh. Ignorant ones that are quick to CRITICIZE others people religion.

Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

So long as you People understand each other..

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
99thEnemy:
Just Imagine SmellySperm being starved of Pork meat because he is married to Fati2001 grin grin grin
na dog meat (404) sure pass bros grin

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

Stupid mentality. Show me where it was written in the Bible. Leave the Muslims alone. Leave the Unbelievers alone too. Why must you degrade another religion because you're not practicing it?. Na why dem dy kill people like you be this
"na why them dey kill people like you" just see how you're making mouth. You can't be muslim without being fanatic. That's for sure. All of you are one. Nothing different from boko boys operating from sambisa forest and other muslims in the streets.

3 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Cerebellum: 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
cricifixo:
It's spelt thus foolish and not "fulish". Don't use agege english for us abegi

Be lyk say nah JJC you be

Ban go knack ur conehead now

3 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by OneYeyeBoi: 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

Nah. Only extremists do that. I don't give a bleep about anybody's religion. Religious people are tend to be too hypocrite, selfish and all even more than the main unbelievers.
who asked you? If you don't care then why the unwarranted epistle?

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by eebraa(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
God forbid the day i think of marrying a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by cpu2006(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be equally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers

Mr Believer weldon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy / Man Reveals How He Dealt With His Son For Mocking Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.