Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? (21345 Views)

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Terminal1805: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be equally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers
it's because of fulish ppl like you that's why the religion sector in Nigeria will always have prob... bunch of hypocrite and racist ... modafukr
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Princebizzie: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2021
My sister it really matters but I must tell you that there are exceptions, I am a living testimony, my dad is a Muslim while my mum is a Christian, all the kids are Christians and my dad had no qualms with this. The question is will the guy be able to handle pressure from his people to convert his wife, they will not do this until she begins to have children for him.

If you are not ready to convert, please pray to God about this and be sure that God is really involved.

God will guide you IJN. Cheers
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by StreetFight: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be equally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers

You are the unbeliever here. It us only unbelievers like the Pharisees that think Heaven is made for them only.

Please mind you, Muslims are not begging to marry you Church goers who are always half nakked on the streets.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by StreetFight: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2021
Bombastically00:
If he is a devoted muslim, dnt marry him...

Yes, a devoted Muslim will not marry senseless Church goers.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by frozen70(f): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2021
malvisguy212:
even if she chooses the first option, the husband will marry a Muslim lady as second wife. there religion permit it

You are right, she should just go in and deal with it or stay out of it and hope for another
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nychillax(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2021
Haywiz1122:
I’ve gone deeper into both religious talk find the holes.

The Christians are always low key frustrating other religious be it Muslims and traditional but they will play victim card once they are given back the hate.

And I also found out that some Muslims can be so stupid that they don’t even question their religious teachings, the world is changing.

Why carry religious for head. It’s not only Nigeria Christians that will go to heaven. people in India, China and rest of the words believe in other religion so start to respect them...

even the Israelites are Jews not Christians

The Bible was edited by King James of England when nobody believed it “king James version” but they use it to colonize us

Go deeper into religious root then you’ll find out both Muslim and Christian be mumu. Believe in God and respect other people faith as long as they don’t fit the devil explained to you in your teachings.

Hmmm, I guess u are athiest ??
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ubdavis(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2021
[quote author=Onyi22 post=99822962]From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

But the issue is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady.

Pls house does religion matters in marriage [/quote

Religionigion is a core values... both of u have to be spiritually and rationally nature enough to handle this
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by shedy03(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2021
Bombastically00:
If he is a devoted muslim, dnt marry him...
Especially the Muslim of the north type.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Swagaliciousguy(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2021
Bola146:

God bless you. I can't marry a Muslim or herbalist, no matter how rich is he.

Don't get ur hopes up sweetie, no Muslim will want to marry you
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 14, 2021
99thEnemy:

you the use airtel?
na mtn and glo I dey use bro

but I get airtime sim Sha...
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:38am On Mar 14, 2021
babtoundey:

How can someone be this stupidly insensitive as to denegrating other people's mode if worship as "slam your head"!
And these are t he first sect of people to attack others for being intolerant...
Says a terrorist that will dagger people over petty things in the name of religion.

Says the one ready to kill their own daughters in honour killing for bringing a Christian man home for marriage.

Says the one ready to blow themselves up for 72 virgins

And so on ...

If you want to talk about stupidly insensitive ,look within your mosques.

And just so you know I have no problem with hindus ,buddists, atheists etc say but head slammers.

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by unmask: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

Pls house does religion matters in marriage
depends on how both parties feel about it. If one/both are fanatics japa.

But let me ask. Why do you want to get married?
Do you know marriage has no real benefits.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

No. The reality of it all dawned on me when Insaw him praying. How different we are and that was something I knew I couldn't live with.
So a man putting his head on the ground in total submission and worship to his Lord, same way Jesus worshipped, same way Many prophets of God worshipped, is something you couldn't digest
And you had to call it quit
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ellasure: 9:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Fyi the Islamic teachers have specially instructed their educated young men to marry Christian young ladies irrespective of whatever the ladies think or believe.

For material wealth you could be sucked into a future you will regret greatly. There are enough movies and films showing the marriage union between faiths and the joys and sadness that follows. It can be scarry if the man of other religions turned and demand his religion should be followed. Anything can happen.

Tinubu family is a case, true. Ask yourself the question what is the religion of the children of the union? Does Pastor madam Tinubu goes to church alone or with the children? How does she cope with the children going to mosque while she goes to pastor a church ? Journalism does not ask all the questions.

All that glitters is not gold. Shine your eyes before jumping the boat.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ellasure: 9:07am On Mar 14, 2021
How many of tinubu children got married to Christians. The world is sometimes not what you see and hear you have to ask questions and think a little today to have a better future.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Waheed60: 9:08am On Mar 14, 2021
As you lay your bed so you laid on it. That your personal life u define d you want
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by blackinitiative: 9:09am On Mar 14, 2021
The comments on this topic from both Christians and Muslims shows religious intolerance.
Why can't we blacks take our time to reason objectively. In the normal activities of our life and our interactions with people of distinct religious beliefs,does religion manifest as a cause of disagreement.
We should remember that we were first human before we became any other thing. God in the light of Muslims,Christians,Hindus did not create a single religion. All religions have similar principles, and all of this principles bores down to being human,that is why no matter what religion you practice you will make heaven as long as you do the right thing.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ladycewhy(f): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2021
blackinitiative:
The comments on this topic from both Christians and Muslims shows religious intolerance.
Why can't we blacks take our time to reason objectively. In the normal activities of our life and our interactions with people of distinct religious beliefs,does religion manifest as a cause of disagreement.
We should remember that we were first human before we became any other thing. God in the light of Muslims,Christians,Hindus did not create a single religion. All religions have similar principles, and all of this principles bores down to being human,that is why no matter what religion you practice you will make heaven as long as you do the right thing.
You should be telling this to people willing to dagger and blow people up because of religion, totally disregarding the sanctity of life for a so-called god they have not seen.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Kingzeez10: 9:20am On Mar 14, 2021
emmabest2000:

@... He possesed all the qualities I need in a man is a danm RED FLAG shocked

Don't love him
You just love his personality simple grin
But you can go ahead and marry him if you are ready to have three younger girls as co-wife in future, tongue

It's either you're not aware of your foolishness, don't say what you dont know or what you're not sure of . Polygamy is not mandatory in Islam ,are you saying all muslims are married more than 1 wife ,this thing is choice.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by GindoX(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2021
Jesuisbelle:
Can light and darkness stay together?

No religion is light or darkness. Na your believe be koko as long e dey work for you.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Kingzeez10: 9:26am On Mar 14, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Just so you know, a Muslim man is encouraged to marry non muslim Ladies to propagate islam but they are ready to kill their own daughter if she dares bring a Christian man home for marriage.

The question is are you ready to wear hijab and slam your head six times a day on the floor? Cos you and your children cannot escape it.
Trust me you're stewpid and you're not aware . How many Muslims have you seen or heard that killed their daughter because she married a Christian ,my 2 sisters married Christians and for your information Muslim pray 5 times daily and Christians also bow there heads to pray too.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Lagoon0: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2021
Bola146:

God bless you. I can't marry a Muslim or herbalist, no matter how rich is he.
But my daddy became Christian when he was grown up. My mum I Christian, we all attend sallah festival till date both christian and Muslim. My beautiful cousins are Muslims . my dad sister is alajah . another of my dad sister is christian and she married Muslim . but all her children goes to church mostly but stand as official Muslims. I don't do any religion and one babe I really like blocked me because I'm not Muslim.
From the devoted to the liberal religious once in my family we all love each other and relate very well. I'm Lagos ijebu from Epe. My family has royal lineage so a bit link to some fetish stuff but not all.

The lady that block me is from kwara. What I'm trying to say is , you can't separate reasonable people with religion. Only foolish people does that.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by rhames(m): 9:53am On Mar 14, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

Pls house does religion matters in marriage

My dear there are issues that you need to know for your own posterity and safety. I a speaking from the point of marriage in Islam not fanatical view.

A marriage not conducted under the tenets of Islam is not valid by law. By direct implications, it may be used to deny you and your kids any share of his inheritance when he dies.

However, the respite you get is that he should either make you comfortable for the rest of your life by giving you a large share in his Estate.

His family will always use that against you when he is gone.

Another safety net is, you should conduct traditional marriage or you convert to Islam or he writes a will to take care of his estate.

The reason I am saying this is that the writers of the Nigerian constitution accepted both the civil law, customary law and religious laws as that guiding civil unions and inheritance issues. Primarily, the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution states clearly that it is the religion of the of the person that governs how his Estate will be shared.

I am currently in court over the issue of my father's Estate for the past fourteen years and I know what I am going through because if these provisions.

Please leave love out of this and understand the complications of what you are about to get into.

Good luck.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Lagoon0: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

I was in this situation once. Man of my dreams but muslim. I just badged in on him praying and it changed my mind. We won't be able to pray...agree in faith together.

It matters.
You christian are very bad! My mum destroyed my sis relationship with a good Muslim brother. cheesy funny enough if she bring anymatter to me I use to remind of her decision that were bad!

I hate religious bigot , they're all foolz . I was in a canteen some years back when one deeper life brother came to buy food and couldn't pay completely.

The guy sitting close to me with triple sag jeans paid the meal do the deeper life brother.

I just laugh , after everyone left I told the food seller , had it been the deeperlife brother was the one eating with a lot of money on him, while the triple sag guy was the one broke, the deeper life people I sabi will see it has a punishment from God.

Most of you bigot will commit a lot of sin unknowingly .
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Lagoon0: 10:06am On Mar 14, 2021
rhames:

My dear there are issues that you need to know for your own posterity and safety. I a speaking from the point of marriage in Islam not fanatical view.

A marriage not conducted under the tenets of Islam is not valid by law. By direct implications, it may be used to deny you and your kids any share of his inheritance when he dies.

However, the respite you get is that he should either make you comfortable for the rest of your life by giving you a large share in his Estate.

His family will always use that against you when he is gone.

Another safety net is, you should conduct traditional marriage or you convert to Islam or he writes a will to take care of his estate.

The reason I am saying this is that the writers of the Nigerian constitution accepted both the civil law, customary law and religious laws as that guiding civil unions and inheritance issues. Primarily, the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution states clearly that it is the religion of the of the person that governs how his Estate will be shared.

I am currently in court over the issue of my father's Estate for the past fourteen years and I know what I am going through because if these provisions.
I don't understand you o! It seems you're facing a different kind of challenge. You're telling me a child don't have inheritance to his fathers properties , because of the method of marriage they use ?

Who is your fathers next of kin? Stop causing confusion for people.

Please leave love out of this and understand the complications of what you are about to get into.

Good luck.

The main issue is only yorubas can marry inter religion and for the fact that my family is 65% Muslim and 35% Christian ill debunk all this religious bigot stuff
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Sedonxavi: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2021
If you are Yoruba and you love him go for him. Yoruba are not fanatic when it comes to religion and we have several Yoruba former governors and senators that their first lady were Christian and the husband is Muslim. To show their religious different didn't affect there progress in live. All those mofo calling others unbeliever are the pagans
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by olaitann93(m): 10:16am On Mar 14, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle.
Me and OP dey d same shoe even though i never tell the babe say i from that religion wey dem dey look as terrorists group.
She even ask me if i dey go church today, i dodge the question.
grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by cricifixo: 10:21am On Mar 14, 2021
Lolz...oya ban me make i see oga banner & by the way, i don't have a cone head
Cerebellum:

Be lyk say nah JJC you be

Ban go knack ur conehead now

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ewizard1: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2021
Arijude:
all muslims are fanatical.
All muslims?
smh!!!
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by rhames(m): 10:46am On Mar 14, 2021
Lagoon0:

I don't understand you o! It seems you're facing a different kind of challenge. You're telling me a child don't have inheritance to his fathers properties , because of the method of marriage they use ?

If you view it from the point of Y

My fears are genuine and I have said it.

Section 272 of the Nigerian Constitution states clearly how the property of anyone who dies is shared amongst

The main issue is only yorubas can marry inter religion and for the fact that my family is 65% Muslim and 35% Christian ill debunk all this religious bigot stuff

If your views are from the point of traditional laws and customs, which I believe you are not versed in from your questions, then I can understand. But the Cavaet of a child born outside wedlock in Yorubaland is based in the fact that the man's family recognized the child as his or not. Hence the appellate " OMO ALE". A child born outside wedlock does not have the same rights as the one born in it in his father's house, irrespective of his status in society and under any law in Yorubaland. That applies both in Civil and Islamic laws.

It's not about sentiments or tribe or religious affiliation. It's a fact if law.

So many inheritance issues are before courts for decades that has not been solved.

If your family has no problems with interreligious marriage and tolerance that does not mean others are cool with the idea. Some are ready to any length to adhere to the provisions of their religion in case of issues like this.

FRA Williams Family are still in court almost more or less than a decade after his death over his Estate.

I am telling you that the Provisions of Section 272 the Nigerian Constitution will prevail against other laws of the land if such cases go to court.

It states clearly that the religion of the late person will be used to share his estate after observing the necessary rites.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Sirtee19: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Even within the same religion, there's different denominational belief talkless of different religion.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by AnimationsVilla: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2021
Getting married to a Muslim man is sweet till you start giving birth to Muslim children.

You will start hearing names like Muniratu, Abdullahi, Adamu, etc. Las las you sef go join them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy / Man Reveals How He Dealt With His Son For Mocking Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.