Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times (26345 Views)

What Are The Best Movies You Watched In 2021? / Video Cassette: Can You Still Remember Movies You Watched With This? / What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Winner90: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Remember nollywood classics like Ijele of the late 90s and early 2000s?
Whether Silent night or Darkest night, Igodo or Ibuka, End of the wicked or Endurance, All my life or Blood sister, Executive crime or First lady, or even Ego igwe! These movies are a product of stories well crafted, complex with sub-plots, and scripts well delivered.

I think these movies were made great by their ability to move, thrill and teach viewers lessons.

What other nollywood movies in recent years(let's say five years or more) moved you, stole your attention until it ended, and handed you some lessons?

FOR ME, I'll list the five I remember with their synopses.

Oath From Birth Starring Nosa Rex, Bam bam, Sam Obiago etc
It is the story of a brilliant young graduate languishing in the village. He encountered mysterious and painful failures on account of his refusal to lead the kindred dirty, reserved for first sons. The movie scared me by the way spiritual forces manipulated faces and reality to bring the young man misfortunes. You'll learn that where your navel was buried matters and how it pays for a lady to be loyal to a man who is promising.

Breaking chains Starring Zuby Michael, Nosa Rex, Rita edochie, Eve nssien, Echelon mbadiwe etc

A strong and courageous girl with sickle cell undertook to do the work of a domestic servant for a rich family on behalf of her mother. A man had died and the son claimed a number of people owed his father and vowed to recover the money by all means. One of the debtors, a woman, didn't have the money and had to pay by serving the family for one year or two (I've forgotten). Since the young girl hated his mothers humiliating condition, opted to do the work instead. Although the rich family didn't know about her health condition for most part, their action towards her changed from hostility and humiliation to affection.

The Duplex Starring Mike Ezuruonye, Omoni Oboli etc
In a funny and scary manner, a young couple were tormented by a ghost in their new house. After some enquiries, the strange phenomenon had to do with the man who built the house.
At least, we learned that buying instead of building a house can be problematic too.

Baby Boy Starring Frederick Leonard, Peggy ovire, Ruth Kadiri etc

It is a story of a man who was obsessed about having a son and maltreated the wife as a result. In fact, he abandoned her in the hospital after giving birth to another baby girl. Events lead him into getting another mistress and throwing the wife away. The mistress still couldn't give him the boy while the now homeless wife gave birth to much awaited baby boy and lost him to malaria. The one he married as a saviour finished him and left him poor while the one he rejected as worthless found a saviour and ended up rich. The lesson is patience.

Wife against Wife Starring Ken Erics, Chinenye Ubah etc
I watched this about two months ago. while discussing it yesterday, it was coincidentally shown. It is the story of a rich young couple disturbed by a woman's spirit at home. It happened that before the young man attained success and got married, he had done everything possible to succeed in life all to no avail. He once became a taxi driver and one day knocked a young lady down killing her. The dead girl's family tricked him into paying her bride prize, giving rise to the later jealous ghost. Attempt for spiritual solution to the torment unraveled a deeper secret- the one which caused his initial failures in life. 21 years earlier as a pupil, he had taken/ stolen his mother's money to give his child friend for school fees and the parents rained curses on the "thief" not knowing it was their son. They reversed the curses at night upon the return of the money by son's school teacher, except the curses the father spoke to the sun. He was later set free through prayer. The lesson is the power of the tongue and the danger of speaking carelessly. Also the role of a wife in spiritual intercession for her home.

pls share your good nollywood movies of recent times.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by hedonister: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by RuddyFusion(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Many

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by slawormiir: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Not a fan of nollywood
Only pussy asss niggarrrz watch nollywood movies
A real niggarrr can't veg out in front of the tv watching nollywood movies
Nollywood is for our baby sisters, wives and mothers
GeneralPula:
I’ve not watch any in the last 5 years..
Someone should recommend a mad action or crime or drug movie for me abeg..
Look for echo boomers, trippled frontier, the old guard, the last days of America crime, buy bust, men in black, shaft
Or look for iko uwais movie like" the night comes for us"..
Very bloody o....you must be prepared to see blood and gory scene if you want to watch that " the night comes for us"

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by GeneralPula: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
I’ve not watch any in the last 5 years..

Someone should recommend a mad action or crime or drug movie for me abeg..

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by DontBullshitMe: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
October 1st.

It was quite expository about precolonial Nigeria.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by liondbrave: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Karashika

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Amspecial: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by papaboy206(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Billionaire lifestyle
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by pablobellins(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
E!!!!!!!

ISAKABA!!

ODECHI EZEBUNAFO cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Freestainworld(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Mr Ibu have been one of my best movies, got no time for emotional movies

13 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by superCleanworks(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
best wharrrrrt? funny

nollywood with their NOISY monotonic conversation styles and recycled storylines and over-used movie locations. so boring

nollywood still cant produce something as good as BARNEY AND FRIENDS after over 30 years of existence not to talk of an ancient movie like GHAZAB

3 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by StephenBB(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
I'm allergic to Nigerian films except those produced by EbonyLifeTV. E.g Wedding Party and co.
I rather watch two chicken nacking than watching Nigerian movies.
Tueehh...

17 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Angelfrost(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
None!... Not a damn one!!! I hate to waste my valuable time on unintelligent and repetitive stereotypical trash. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Eriokanmi: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
I'd go for oldies instead. Died wretched, igodo, diamond ring , etc, etc.

Nollywood movies nowadays are about marriages,, boyfriend and girlfriend, same storyline always. Most of them were produced within one week grin so boring, I hardly watch them

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
None
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by mattmogan88: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
MASERATI BOOBS tongue
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by MufasaLion: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
NOLLYWOOD IS CRAP. The squad don't watch it!
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by AbuAeesha: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Lion Heart, though isn't a recent movie,but i enjoyed it

11 Likes

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by shadrach77: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Citation ft Temi Otedola

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by moscobabs(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ti Oluwa n'ile by Baba Wande

I watched it in the 90s but it looks new and more interesting to me once again.

Nice movie

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by lampvoice: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
THE STUBBORN GRASSHOPPER..

And the head of state died
���

Try see the movie soon

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by imoowo(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nigerian movie's all about Juju
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by The5DME(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Snake in the palace

Nnkeka my joy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by theenchanter: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Living in bondage ( breaking free ).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Kapeter(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
In all. Adesua Etomi is nollywoods best. Bye

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Emola12(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
As u can see i never watch any movie since wey my mama don born me so no comment be dat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angel: Emmanuel Is A Flirt, He Doesn't Love Liquorose (BBNaija) / The Moment Mercy Eke Entered BBNaija 'All Stars' House In Stylish Outfit (Video) / BBNaija: Rivers State Government Asks For Support For Marvis (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.