Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. (32873 Views)

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / My Second Coming To Radautoworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by grafixdon: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2021
I understand that the op have every right to be upset, considering the amount of money he has spent on the said vehicle, the stress and time consumed, but I still think the thrend is too early. Give them the benefit of doubt, take the car back, I'm sure they'll fix it to your taste this time.

Op. So sorry for your predicament, but pls take advantage of the warranty. Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2021
Crocif:

Just had a conversation with my wife and we agreed to bring it back on March 27 (a Saturday). It's the earliest time we will be available by our schedule. I hope this works?
sounds good. Please give us a time window when we get closer.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by nurey(m): 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
shortgun:
OP I feel your pain, I know what you are going through right now.
I must say that I am disappointed with the services you got and the explaination given by Radauto and some few people on this thread.

A motor vehicle today is one of the easiest machinery to troubleshoot and fix, this is why people without any form of education can do it by the road side without any complex tools.
I see a post where someone was trying to justify the poor service you got as the norm in engineering.

This is not true and I don't agree..if engineering is based on trial by error then airplanes will be falling from the sky every minute,cars will be falling apart every second and ships will be sinking every day.

I expect everyone involved in your bad experience to accept their flaws, apologize to you and make improvements for the future.

Also, I want you to have it at the back of your mind that expensive bills most times doesn't translate to a better service.
Like someone said before, the day you decide to buy a car is the day you become a mechanic, know things about your vehicle, Research about your dream vehicle..... even before you buy it, learn from other people's experiences.....e.t.c

You are looking for a perfect being, you concentrate more on flaws of people reason why you see bad in everything they do, you have in no way rendered any tangible help or advice to op but you want to soil the madams name probably because of sentiments your "fingered" response says it all.

The op has agreed to return the vehicle and they have come to a compromise desist from bring them down syndrome it will do you no good.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
Nigerian mechanics and scam.

Using big English to confuse customers.

Sir, if the smoke coming from your engine early in the morning is small, then it's normal. There is no worry about that. If the engine still drops liquid while steaming early in the morning, there is no problem with your engine.

Once you don't have issues with power and acceleration. Once the exhaust doesn't smoke while you are driving.

@Bold...that is quite a leap. I don't think I was scammed. Matter of fact, I know I was not scammed. Other things maybe but definitely not a scam.

12 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
shortgun:
OP I feel your pain, I know what you are going through right now.
I must say that I am disappointed with the services you got and the explaination given by Radauto and some few people on this thread.

A motor vehicle today is one of the easiest machinery to troubleshoot and fix, this is why people without any form of education can do it by the road side without any complex tools.
I see a post where someone was trying to justify the poor service you got as the norm in engineering.

This is not true and I don't agree..if engineering is based on trial by error then airplanes will be falling from the sky every minute,cars will be falling apart every second and ships will be sinking every day.

I expect everyone involved in your bad experience to accept their flaws, apologize to you and make improvements for the future.

Also, I want you to have it at the back of your mind that expensive bills most times doesn't translate to a better service.
Like someone said before, the day you decide to buy a car is the day you become a mechanic, know things about your vehicle, Research about your dream vehicle..... even before you buy it, learn from other people's experiences.....e.t.c

@Bold...you are right. It is my fault I know practically nothing about cars. I just found my new year resolution.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
radautoworks:
sounds good. Please give us a time window when we get closer.

Okay. I Will let you know some days before the agreed date.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
grafixdon:
I understand that the op have every right to be upset, considering the amount of money he has spent on the said vehicle, the stress and time consumed, but I still think the thrend is too early. Give them the benefit of doubt, take the car back, I'm sure you'll fix it to your taste this time.

Op. So sorry for your predicament, but pls take advantage of the warranty. Peace

Okay, but I don't think the thread was opened prematurely. If everything had gone well and I opened a thread praising the organization would you still say it was opened prematurely?

10 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by grafixdon: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
Crocif:

Okay, but I don't think the thread was opened prematurely. If everything had gone well and I opened a thread praising the organization would you still say it was opened prematurely?

OK. So what do you think is the solution?
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by shortgun(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
nurey:

You are looking for a perfect being, you concentrate more on flaws of people reason why you see bad in everything they do, you have in no way rendered any tangible help or advice to op but you want to soil the madams name probably because of sentiments your "fingered" response says it all.

The op has agreed to return the vehicle and they have come to a compromise desist from bring them down syndrome it will do you no good.
I am not bringing anyone down oga but if someone pays for a service shouldn't the person get what he paid for?
If I bring the auto shop down, will I open one tomorrow?
I am a business person and I expect Radauto to listen more to critics like me and make improvements then praise singers like you and remain stagnant.

There's no excuse when someone doesn't get value for money spent...no matter how you lots wants to colour it.
If the OP was satisfied with the services do you think he would open this thread?
FYI my [b]Fingered[/b]response is still valid for this discussion.

It's good that the person concerned have agreed to look into the issue(s) OP raised.
There won't have been any need for this thread in the first place if the OP's complaints was addressed when he went to pick up the vehicle in their workshop.

Most times you need to call Nigerians out before they do the right thing.....even banks do this and I wonder why.
#peace

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by sultaan(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
The MDX had been[b] 'fingered' [/b]by a couple of inexperienced men all over the country, we don't even know how many be fore he bought the car.

with all the stories of abuse and scares(code) from such it would have been easier to politely refuse the job, Oil pan with a leak and driving with low oil pressure is enough to explain the smoking engine.

The car will never be the same since it is in Nigeria,, at least tryi to fix the easier leak, rear axle ,Cv, steering. Rear main is mor involve just top up your engine oil when low.

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Elsueno: 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2021
"Nigerian used car" that particular brand should only be bought from some1 who practically worship his car or someone u can easily return to. The "Nigerian used car" is ALWAYS SOLD DUE TO ONE SERIOUS PROBLEM OR THE OTHER, 90% of d time

lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by oluayebenz: 12:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Seems low oil pressure pinging is very common on Acura MDX.

That monster sensor is very difficult to defeat, you just had to live with it.....
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 3:46am On Mar 14, 2021
shortgun:

I am not bringing anyone down oga but if someone pays for a service shouldn't the person get what he paid for?
If I bring the auto shop down, will I open one tomorrow?
I am a business person and I expect Radauto to listen more to critics like me and make improvements then praise singers like you and remain stagnant.

There's no excuse when someone doesn't get value for money spent...no matter how you lots wants to colour it.
If the OP was satisfied with the services do you think he would open this thread?
FYI my [b]Fingered[/b]response is still valid for this discussion.

It's good that the person concerned have agreed to look into the issue(s) OP raised.
There won't have been any need for this thread in the first place if the OP's complaints was addressed when he went to pick up the vehicle in their workshop.

Most times you need to call Nigerians out before they do the right thing.....even banks do this and I wonder why.
#peace

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by homeboy205: 9:32am On Mar 14, 2021
As long as labor warranty still stands, just take it back and let them fix it
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Mottomata(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2021
MedicH:
I don't understand why people cast so much trust on Nigerian people such that when the sky comes falling down, they have nothing to hold unto but a free fall into total confusion.

I don't know how ur car drove for 4 months and became a nightmare but all of these would have been avoided if you had your obd scanner.

it's not enough to say your car did this and did that when you've not even understand how the car behaves first. Talking about spark plugs which u bought for 40k, how exactly did you decide or know you were due for plugs change.

pls did you actually buy 6 iridium spark plugs for 40k Mr? I remember when my car pulled out codes for misfire on cyl 1, 4, and a code for random misfire, I gave my mech guy 2k for 6 toks iridium spark plugs which run like a jet on my Lexus even after 4 months.

pls what manner of repair bill did they tell you is 1.3m and which narrowed down to #250k and ur engine was not even replaced?

I have a couple of advice man, to save your time, money and energy, take your time to learn about that car so you can followup with the repairs like I do on my Lexus.

secondly, do a little research on the best hands in acura repairs in ur area because from the look of things, the professionalism u highlighted in ur post didn't matter anymore as ur problems persisted after so much money and time invested.

there are competent hands without a front desk officer that can follow up with obd and time up your car saving you time energy and money. if they tell you to change your engine, you'll be sure what you're getting into.

find them

I agree with you on this. All vehicle owners should at least:

+ read and understand basic attributes of the vehicles they drive
+ have and be able to use an obd2 scanner.

If you have a good grip on the two points above, a 'KAZEEM' and/or the standard automobile workshop will not throw jargons at you where you end up spending a lot and at the same time not fixing the issues

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by 9icetoo(m): 9:45am On Mar 14, 2021
oluayebenz:
Seems low oil pressure pinging is very common on Acura MDX.

That monster sensor is very difficult to defeat, you just had to live with it.....

A bit common on the 07/08 models. Not so on others.

There was a TSB on it. Replace sensor and update ECU. Problem solved. It isnt a monster that can't be surmounted. The low oil warning pings is the least of OPs worries. It's the blue smoke and leaking fluids that's my worry. Everything that can leak was leaking.

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by oluayebenz: 10:30am On Mar 14, 2021
9icetoo:

There was a TSB on it. Replace sensor and update ECU. Problem solved. It isnt a monster that can't be surmounted. The low oil warning pings is the least of OPs worries. It's the blue smoke and leaking fluids that's my worry. Everything that can leak was leaking.

Very on point

@Op.... I'm scared you might loose the labour warranty if they discovered that any of the part you brought in is faulty sad
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by theoilguy: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2021
radautoworks:

sir, we can't tell you that because that would be untrue. There are a couple of cars we have rejected before so I won't say it's unheard of. You have a warranty. Please use it. Please bring it back to complete whatever is still the problem.

Radu, you have done well.. just be sure to follow up on his repairs when car is returned to ensure car is in an acceptable state..

That would be a perfect resolution..

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
9icetoo:

Possible worn valve stem seals, as he said smoke occurs on at engine startup and clears soon after.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
theoilguy:

Radu, you have done well.. just be sure to follow up on his repairs when car is returned to ensure car is in an acceptable state..

That would be a perfect resolution..
definitely. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Crocif:

Okay. I Will let you know some days before the agreed date.

Thank you.
I just realized you said 27th not 17th. If the car is still leaking I would highly recommend bringing it in sooner rather than later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
radautoworks:
I just realized you said 27th not 17th. If the car is still leaking I would highly recommend bringing it in sooner rather than later.

Good day.

This week and the next are very tight. I will let you know if we can come this Saturday.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by nymphomaniac(m): 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
When matured people thrash out issues, it is always a delight to read. We look forward to the end of this transaction.

Crocif, I'd appreciate if this thread isn't shut down when all has been resolved. It will serve as a lesson on maturity for Nairalanders.

Mummy radutoworks, well done.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by och12(m): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
I'm wowed by the professional manner of approach radautoworks has taken to resolve this anomaly.
I sincerely hope all goes well and crocif is happy with his car soonest.

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 12:11am On Mar 15, 2021
radautoworks:
Crush you're doing well again...as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by melviniyke2002(m): 12:23am On Mar 15, 2021
nymphomaniac:
When matured people thrash out issues, it is always a delight to read. We look forward to the end of this transaction.

Crocif, I'd appreciate if this thread isn't shut down when all has been resolved. It will serve as a lesson on maturity for Nairalanders.

grin true
radautoworks nah cruise mama

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by kayswag100(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
nymphomaniac:

The whole conversations between the "accused" and the "complainant" exude professionalism and maturity.

Nice one guys. Please do well to update us on how the episode concluded

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
radautoworks:

Hi,

We have been able to adjust our schedule. We will make out time on Wednesday (day after tomorrow) to bring the vehicle.

I hope the timing is okay?
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
nymphomaniac:

I thought about taking the thread down (if possible) because of a very negative comment I saw against radautoworks. Maybe I will report it instead so the comment is hidden.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
Crocif:

Hi,

We have been able to adjust our schedule. We will make out time on Wednesday (day after tomorrow) to bring the vehicle.

I hope the timing is okay?

Thank you!

I've sent screenshot to Blessing. She'll reach out to confirm.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by babyboy4every1: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Crocif:

I thought about taking the thread down (if possible) because of a very negative comment I saw against radautoworks. Maybe I will report it instead so the comment is hidden.
I will suggest you leave. Just make sure you come back to update it as soon as yiur motor is perfectly done. I see it as a promotional thread

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by emeystan(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Greetings Gazzuzz, do you have front shock absorber for corolla 2003

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / My Experience With Thermostat Removal / I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.