Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,661 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office (22545 Views)

How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by jfkenny(m): 6:09am On Mar 13, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders.

Let me make this serious issue subtle a bit. We dont wish that our device get lost, but somehow they do. Most times we are lucky, the person that picks up the phone puts call across so we get them back. Some other awry times, the device get lost forever. The later was my fate.

My phone got lost on 25th february, the line rang just once and got switched off till yesterday (almost two weeks) when I tried it curiously and it rang, a lady picked, said hello, and hung the phone. Sharp lady is using my sim with my phone, I assumed.

Now the gist is this, why will MTN and NIMC
decide to suffer people who lost their sim cards?
A visit to the MTN office will convince you that people are really suffering. I left my house on more than 3 occasions as early as 3am to get at most a number that falls between 1 and 10. Off course, I did get favourable numbers, but when the MTN officials arrive you do hear that there is no network; that maybe network will be available by 12pm or evening hours.

My brothers naso I stayed at MTN office till 5 without getting the replacement card, there are days the MTN officials will attend to only 3 or 4 customers.

MTN AND NIMC PLEASE make sim replacement as easy as it used to be.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by LMS1(m): 6:28am On Mar 13, 2021
If You Have Ever Let Your Ex Go Why Cant You Also Let Your Sim Go For Good?.
And Save YourSelf The Fvcking Stress.
This Is Nigeria Or Have You Forgot? grin

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Pweetiedude(m): 6:35am On Mar 13, 2021
Nigeria Government always looking for ways to frustrate its citizen.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Ahmad62(m): 6:38am On Mar 13, 2021
Nigerian government always has a special way of suffering the masses.... #RevolutionNow!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Grace001: 6:39am On Mar 13, 2021
Nigeria is designed to frustrate and inflict hardship to her masses

Nothing can be done that’s the foundation of this useless cursed country

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by MickzyDonald: 6:40am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
Op Carry N100 Go Buy New Sim And Safe Your Self The Fvcking Stress. grin
Stop smoking weed you won't hear,what if that's his official line, his banking line just imagine...but I'll suggest you call one of the inside workers aside tell the individual your problem and give them the hint that you'll tip them off if they can sort your sim problems, i spent 5k just to do a welcome back even when they where shouting there's no network grin, i even met some people that have been there since 4am bro grin....
let money rule this one if your sim is important

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by doggedfighter(f): 6:44am On Mar 13, 2021
I think bribing them is the last option here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by LMS1(m): 6:49am On Mar 13, 2021
MickzyDonald:

Stop smoking weed you won't hear,what if that's his official line, his banking line just imagine...but I'll suggest you call one of the inside workers aside tell the individual your problem and give them the hint that you'll tip them off if they can sort your sim problems, i spent 5k just to do a welcome back even when they where shouting there's no network grin, i even met some people that have been there since 4am bro grin....
I Nor Dey Take Weed Na Banana Leaf I Dey Smoke Smh..
What If His Ex That Am Talking About Was A Billionaire Daughter? What If The Ex Gave Him Like 5 Children Before Breakup?
.Smh Wetin I Dey Talk Sef!
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by jfkenny(m): 6:54am On Mar 13, 2021
MickzyDonald:

I tried tipping, no network. why wont there be network in an mtn office. the days you wont go, u will hear that there was network.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by edoairways: 7:36am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny the problem is not from MTN Nigeria but your fellow Nigeria who enjoys his neighbour suffering

18 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:
Good morning nairalanders. let me make this serious issue subtle a bit. We dont wish that our device get lost , but somehow they do. Most times we are lucky, the person that picks up the phone puts call across so we get them back. some other awry times, the device get lost forever.The later was my fate.
My phone got lost on 25th february, the line rang just once and got switched off till yesterday(almost two weeks) when I tried it curiously and it rang, a lady picked, said hello, and hung the phone. Sharp lady is using my sim with my phone, I assumed.
Now the gist is this, why will mtn and NIMC
decide to suffer people who lost their sim cards. A visit to the mtn office will convince you that people are really suffering. I ve left my house on more than 3 occasions as early as 3am to get at most a number that falls between 1 and 10. Off course, I did get favourable numbers , but when the mtn officials arrive you do hear that there is no network; that maybe network will be available by 12pm or evening hours.
my brothers naso I stayed at mtn office till 5 without getting the replacement card, there are days the mtn officials will attend to only 3 or 4 customers.
MTN AND NIMC PLEASE make sim replacement as easy as it used to be.

Same fate with me, first time I went, there were plenty people, same no network gist. I left and came back a week later that was 10days ago. I went by 5pm cos possibly there will be network then.

There were lots of people out there, the security man beamed with smiles when he saw me undecided I was like who d helll is this one, he gave me that weird smile and said I should enter.

Tohh I entered but I was so unlucky that day cos my thumbprint couldn't be detected. I almost cried grin cry

which Kain wahala be dis. I was told to come back in two weeks time which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully my fingers won't mess up this time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by MickzyDonald: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

I tried tipping, no network. why wont there be network in an mtn office. the days you wont go, u will hear that there was network.
This country is messed up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Lovexme(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2021
What MTN center did you go to?

I did mine at the MTN office at ICM on Thursday. I got there just some few minutes past 7am and I was number 16 on the list of those to be attended to on that day.

The network problem came up, but it didn't last long. I left for my office by 1pm with a SIM.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2021
How can MTN say there is no network when you can browse with MTN data in their office?They just want you to bribe them before they can attend to your case.Na money the staff want.
I went to glo office at opebi,ikeja to enroll for NIN registration and the security man at the entrance told me that people have booked down for the enrollment.He didn't tell me when to come back.I know say na money them wan collect but I no get shishi.

6 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Same fate with me, first time I went, there were plenty people, same no network gist. I left and came back a week later that was 10days ago. I went by 5pm cos possibly there will be network then.

There were lots of people out there, the security man beamed with smiles when he saw me undecided I was like who d helll is this one, he gave me that weird smile and said I should enter.

Tohh I entered but I was so unlucky that day cos my thumbprint couldn't be detected. I almost cried grin cry

which Kain wahala be dis. I was told to come back in two weeks time which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully my fingers won't mess up this time
maureensylvia:

maureensylvia:

See forming.Who is this one?
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2021
Joysticks:
[b][/b]See forming.Who is this one?

What is there to form when am yet to retrieve my sim? I just narrated my story. Do you have a problem with that? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

What is there to form when am yet to retrieve my sim? I just narrated my story. Do you have a problem with that? undecided
A security man smile at your pretty face and asked you to jump the queue and go and do your welcome back Sim, you come dey talk for your mind say"who is this one?Him be human being.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2021
Joysticks:
A security man smile at your pretty face and asked you to jump the queue and go and do your welcome back Sim, you come dey talk for your mind say"who is this one?Him be human being.

Lol Ok and??
I want to understand your agitation cheesy
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Lol Ok and??
I want to understand your agitation cheesy
Is it because he is a security guard?If na Flavour abania or Tubaba smile at you like that won't you blush?

6 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2021
Joysticks:
Is it because he is a security guard?If na Flavour abania or Tubaba smile at you like that won't you blush?

grin grin grin grin grin free me lol
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by eedimo(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2021
I have replaced my MTN SIM on three occasions at different locations (Jos, Makurdi, Calabar). I haven't had a reason to complain.
I'm surprised reading this.

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Epositive(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2021
I can relate. Late last year, "gentlemen on campus" borrowed our phones, I and my paddy. We nicely gave it out based on virtues. grin

Unfortunately, this was the time the NIN protocols surfaced. It was frustrating. I visited MTN office for 6 consecutive days. If it's not activation problem, it will be network, or even linking palava. I just endured because I needed the sim. angry

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Kobicove(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

This is beyond MTN...the fault is not from them but from NIMC undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by 99thEnemy(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2021
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by blazepascal(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2021
issorite

nothing comes easy again in this country the govt has made everything difficult for the citizen

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2021
Honestly the experience is like passing through hell

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Angrygoat: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2021
Sim card na Gold now o. I get up to 8 sims,many don block,I feel they are not sim cards,they are virtual cards with expiry date,imagine glo with mtn telling me to renew my line. Abegi,the same way I was scammed when I bought and registered them,paid almost 1k for everything. Naija na scam abeg.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by vincent561(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2021
So sorry about your experience. When you finally get your new sim,turn on the sim pin request. That way,once that phone goes off or someone tries to switch your sim into another phone,it will request for that pin before it works.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Vetsolo(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
Op Carry N100 Go Buy New Sim And Safe Your Self The Fvcking Stress. grin

Get well soon
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2021
How do we Solve this Problem? Suggestions Please.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration / 10 Common Smartphone Mistakes That Expose You To Security Risks / Airtel Launched New Android Bundle Plans – Get 4GB For 2k Or 9GB For 3.5k Valid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.