Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million (41132 Views)

We Didn’t Bathe For 56 Days In Kidnappers’ Den – Freed Kaduna Students / Katsina Abduction: No Ransom Paid To Secure Students’ Release - Masari / We Are Not Involved In Negotiations For Kankara Students Release – DHQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by etokhana: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
Most of the female students were unclad with only wrappers tied around their chest while majority of the male students were shirtless.

Gunmen who abducted 39 students from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation in Afaka, Igabi local government area of Kaduna state have demanded N500 million for the release of the students whom the Kaduna state government says comprise 23 females and 16 males.

Three parents of some of the abducted students have confirmed to our correspondents that the abductors have reached out and made a demand of N500 million for their release.

This is also as the kidnappers have released three videos showing the students in what appeared to be a forest area.

Kaduna State Government is yet to respond to the videos and ransom demand as the state Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan did not respond to calls and text messages sent to his phone.

However, Governor Nasir El-Rufai had in an interview with Channels TV and monitored by Daily Trust, on Friday ruled out the possibility of paying ransom or negotiating with the bandits.

Social media account of students

Using the abducted students Facebook accounts, the gunmen released three videos showing the students surrounded by gunmen in military uniform flogging them.

Some of the students earlier rescued from the college identified their friends and schoolmates from the videos to our correspondents.

In the first video released on Friday at 1:07pm through the Facebook account of Kelvita K. Dan, the 30 seconds video showed the abducted students in what appeared to be a forest area following which the gunmen pointed at a man in a red shirt and asked him to speak. “My name is Abubakar Yakubu,” he said.

“A student of Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation Kaduna. I am appealing to the Governor of Kaduna state, the state government and Federal government,” before the video ended.

Kelvita’s Facebook post appealed to the Nigerian government to come to their rescue by paying the N500 million demanded by their abductors.

She stated: “Please we really need your help, they are asking for N500 million.”

Roll call of students

Daily Trust reports that as soon as the second and third videos were posted through the Facebook page of Tasha Sandra, some of the students earlier rescued by the military burst into tears as they pointed out their friends and schoolmates.

Miracle Jacob, who sobbed uncontrollably, identified 11 of the abducted students from the video and gave their names as:

Rose Okoye,
Kauna Daniel,
Blessing Babale,
Regina John,
Rachel Adejimo,
Benson Emmanuel,
Susan Jatau,
Amina Yusuf Sale,
Jamila Yusuf Sale,
Sarah and Maman Ahmed.

Most of the female students were unclad with only wrappers tied around their chest while majority of the male students were shirtless.

She said one of the schoolmates they call Maman Ahmed was six months pregnant while Rose Okoye was preparing for her wedding.

In the second video posted around 11:30 am on Saturday, the gunmen were seen flogging the students while they screamed and appealed to the government to come to their rescue.

“Our life is in danger, just give them what they want,” some of the students screamed.

Others said: “They should just pay the ransom and allow us to go, our parents need us.”

The third video showed a gun pointed to a man identified as Benson Emmanuel who appealed to the government to secure their release.

“Most of us here have been badly injure, time is going, most of us here are having health issues and they are complaining about the government trying to send security operatives to come and rescue us which is almost impossible, because they have surrounded us saying anybody that comes from anywhere to try to rescue us or do anything by force, they are going to take our lives.”

“We are appealing to government to come now that is early because these people have bad mind towards us, we are appealing to the government to help us,” he said.

In the video, the voice of one of the bandits could be heard in Hausa saying a female should be allowed to speak and the camera was panned to a woman identified as Maman Ahmed.

Speaking in Hausa, she said: “Salamu alaikum, I am one of the students that were abducted from Forestry Mechanisation the day before yesterday. We are appealing to the government to help us. We heard they are saying that they will send soldiers to rescue us, we are urging them not to send anyone because they have assured us that if soldiers come, none of us will return home,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7r3a9ZKJI

https://dailytrust.com/kidnappers-of-kaduna-students-release-video-demand-n500m

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Righteousness2(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
Seating on the Seat of Power! I Decree in the Name of JESUS, irreconcilable Confusion in the midst of the Kidnappers, their Sponsors and Corroborators! I send a Blast and a Rumor from Heaven and I Decree the Release and Safe Return of all these young men and women in JESUS Name... Amen

413 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Mabizeka: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
Niger deltans I hope you guys are watching the video. Buhari will soon doll out billions of Niger delta oil money to empower his terrorist brothers while you guys will be wallowing in poverty and blaming the Igbos for your woes. Zamfara is controlling their golds while you guys just sidon de look

309 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Standing5(m): 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
Amnesty 2.0 loading.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by nairalandankrah: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
V
Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by nairalandankrah: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Seating on the Seat of Power! I Decree Unreconcilable Confusion in the midst of the Kidnappers and the Sponsors! I send a Blast and a Rumor from Heaven and I Decree the Release and Safety Return of all these youn men and women in JESUS Name... Amen
Make we hear word abeg..
When you gonna decree irreconcilable Confusion in the midst of the cabals in aso rock,,evil politicians, their Sponsors and Corroborators??

Bishop Desmond tutu fought apartheid from the pulpit, what are our so called religious leaders and pastors doing?? They are busy Romancing with the same politicians that are impoverishing their members
They are all about their stomach...
Mtchewww, Yeye dey smell

171 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by blazepascal(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
I heard the govt aint gonna pay any ransom and this bandit are demanding 500mil what a pity I only symphatize with the student

12 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Kandeed: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2021
This is getting terrible

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by tit(f): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Drug deal gone wrong

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by tit(f): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Well selected.
Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba.
Everybody dey there.
Them done rape the women tire.
See as them weak.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by techrola: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
buhari has succeeded in finishing this country kpatakpata....

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by jlinkd78(m): 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
Noted. Pained

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by RenaissanceGuy: 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
The Nigerian military should hide their head in shame! It may not totally be their fault that these abductions are taking place, but it's their fault that they haven't been able to invade one of these forests immediately a kidnap takes place and rescue abducted students, even if it's just once!

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by falcon01: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
This shit happens almost every day, what can I say?? yeah Absolutely Nothing let the government keep making life hard for us No wahala Nigerians are fools they voted for them and deserve the sufferings because they will never learn. Damn those girls have been Raped back to back.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Earlystar698(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
There are two classes of political people

- The jobbers who get paid to push narratives, campaign and fight when necessary

- The activists who also get 'funded' to push narratives, write think pieces and opinions and observe elections

At the end of the day, everybody eats and nigeria keep looking trashy!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Queenlovely(f): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by chriskosherbal(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria ..how many times did I call you when will you outgrow your problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
Really feel for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Adjovi: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
bad news everyday. it no go better for all of Una wey vote this government.

6 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by DoctorDree(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nigeria Nigeria..........This country is like a boat going through the storm with a bad sailor and carefree citizens,if it doesn’t break,it will surely capsize.........

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by tillaman(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
angry
Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by TeemahBeddings0: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
grin grin

Koniyeyin

Konira igbafunyin

These northern governors keep on enabling rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Slynation(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
They keep grabbing the govt by the balls on daily basis since they have refused to do the right thing....imagine the impetus, worst part of it now is that this new chain of business is not gonna end soon....!! Playing politics with the lives of little children, This country na wa oO....!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
See ripe girls cry

God have mercy on this country

Mabizeka:
Niger deltans I hope you guys are watching the video. Buhari will soon doll out billions of Niger delta oil money to empower his terrorist brothers while you guys will be wallowing in poverty and blaming the Igbos for your woes. Zamfara is controlling their golds while you guys just sidon de look

What are you trying to instigate?

undecided

This forum sef

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by NaijaMutant(f): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Just like the Nigerian stock exchange announces gainers and losers after daily transactions.

Under Buhari's administration

Top gainers
1. Herdsmen
2. Kidnappers
3. Bandits
4. Other northern criminals

Top losers
1. Southwest farmers
2. Ibarapa (Oyo state)
3. Yewa (Ogun state)
4. Other legitimate hustlers

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Olayinka8793(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gumi to the rescue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Seniorwriter(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Wack Leadership!
Very clueless lots allowing and cashing out from insecurities that has led to deaths of millions of citizens both old and young. To think that this present ruling party has created more hardship and turmoils.

We the youth must make it a point of duty to never vote old aspirants as leaders.
This is what you get when a leader has lived his or her life so can't plan or lead with hope for a better future.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by HisSexcellency(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
When the insecurities in the north started, initially i was concerned and worried. Was hoping government and those saddled with the responsibility of securing lives and property in this country will do something as expected of them.
But what did we see, fellow countrymen and women profiting from the pains and woes of others. Now, nowhere is safe anymore. Chaos everywhere you turn

As it is now, I don't give a shit undecided
I face my front, mind my own business, providing my own security and needed infrastructure as much as I can. If opportunities presents itself na to relocate to sane climes and live my life

7 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Warripikine: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
Minus another 500 million of southern Nigeria oil money to the purse of terrorists

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million by Oluwaleinad14(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
Thought nigeria army said those guys have been rescued

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari To Embark On 10-Day Medical Leave To London - Jackson Ude / 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / Lady K: How DSS Dehumanise Only Female Among 13 Detained Igboho Supporters - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.